[Drama 2018-2019] Gangnam Scandal, 강남 스캔들

0ly40

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SY remembering her relationship with SH and reflecting on their memories together where there was nothing much, they met as children and SH went to his mother and he met SJ, then SY and SH met again but when did they meet again exactly?. What made SH and SY think they might be couples?.

SJ stepping in instead of his shameless sister, it seems the first obstacle is out in the open.

58 minutes ago, howa said:

SY remembering her relationship with SH and reflecting on their memories together where there was nothing much, they met as children and SH went to his mother and he met SJ, then SY and SH met again but when did they meet again exactly?. What made SH and SY think they might be couples?.

SJ stepping in instead of his shameless sister, it seems the first obstacle is out in the open.

Hi, can you fill me in why SJ's sister needed surrogacy in the first place? Is there something wrong with her body so she cannot conceive? Or she just does not want to lose good body figure for pregnancy?

51 minutes ago, Yi Gui said:

can you fill me in why SJ's sister needed surrogacy in the first place? Is there something wrong with her body so she cannot conceive? Or she just does not want to lose good body figure for pregnancy?

I think because she is old and it is hard for to conceive, that is the only reason they always use in Kdrama.

1 hour ago, Yi Gui said:

In the preview, SJ's tears totally broke my heart:bawling::heartbreak:

I suppose next SY will push him away and let him cold turkey on his feelings......Although we know it is impossible for him or for her...:heartbreak:

As you say that, I just dropped 30% interest but will keep going. I need them together... It's been 60 episodes of literally pure torture.

I really want SH to know what his mother is like, so if SY tells him (pretty sure not going to happen), I'd be pretty happy about that. I'm sure Ms. Hong's got something planned anyway (she always does.) 

Ms. Hong is supposed to keep our SY-SJ ship going and with each step she takes to prevent SD's surrogacy from getting out, the ship is closer to sinking... I know that it won't and they'll likely be together in another maybe 40 episodes (lol maybe 50 even)... Man, I'm tired... Can we just get these two together real quick? We're only at midway and there's 0% progress!

I was checking the asianwiki page of this drama, I know that young SH is the same boy from "What's Wrong with Secretary Kim", what I found today interesting is that even the girl played young SY was the same girl too, she was very cute when she was telling the boy WWWSK that she is gonna marry him but it didn't work for them here.

The best friend CY in her profile picture looks gorgeous. It seems it is her first acting gig and she is doing a great job.

PCe2Vir.jpg 

12 hours ago, xprosperity said:

As you say that, I just dropped 30% interest but will keep going. I need them together... It's been 60 episodes of literally pure torture.

I really want SH to know what his mother is like, so if SY tells him (pretty sure not going to happen), I'd be pretty happy about that. I'm sure Ms. Hong's got something planned anyway (she always does.) 

Ms. Hong is supposed to keep our SY-SJ ship going and with each step she takes to prevent SD's surrogacy from getting out, the ship is closer to sinking... I know that it won't and they'll likely be together in another maybe 40 episodes (lol maybe 50 even)... Man, I'm tired... Can we just get these two together real quick? We're only at midway and there's 0% progress!

Well, I dont think they will be back to square zero for that matter. SY would like to push SJ away, but SJ is not the type of guy that can be easily pushed away due to such romance-irrelevant reasons. I think he will try hard to break the obstacle caused by the surrogacy and pull her back to him.

The surrogacy thing is totally ridiculous. SJ's sister has a legitimate reason to find a surrogate because it is hard for her to conceive. Yes, SD is young and single, but 99% surrogate mothers are young and single, because women with significant others won't do it, and young healthy women is the requirement as surrogates, and that is why she was considered to be one. SD is an adult and no one forced her to take it. Besides, she got pregnant through medical procedures instead of being knocked out. Perhaps the only thing missing is the psychological interventions to her before, during and after the pregnancy and delivery, and counselors should be hired for her to make sure her mental health through the process.

Also they had a deal with money paid, which is the way how surrogacy works and all the other surrogates did the same thing, and her health is not compromised based on her stage and training performance, she is still young, healthy and energetic. If she needs psychological counseling, then hire her one.

I don't see any other illegitimacy on this issue and anyone's human rights were violated, so what the heck with all the fuss? I really have a hard time to understand all the family dramas with yelling and crying...The conflicts just seem so artificial, like they have to pick on something to fight about.....

42 minutes ago, Yi Gui said:

Well, I dont think they will be back to square zero for that matter. SY would like to push SJ away, but SJ is not the type of guy that can be easily pushed away due to such romance-irrelevant reasons. I think he will try hard to break the obstacle caused by the surrogacy and pull her back to him.

The surrogacy thing is totally ridiculous. SJ's sister has a legitimate reason to find a surrogate because it is hard for her to conceive. Yes, SD is young and single, but 99% surrogate mothers are young and single, because women with significant others won't do it, and young healthy women is the requirement as surrogates, and that is why she was considered to be one. SD is an adult and no one forced her to take it. Besides, she got pregnant through medical procedures instead of being knocked out. Perhaps the only thing missing is the psychological interventions to her before, during and after the pregnancy and delivery, and counselors should be hired for her to make sure her mental health through the process.

Also they had a deal with money paid, which is the way how surrogacy works and all the other surrogates did the same thing, and her health is not compromised based on her stage and training performance, she is still young, healthy and energetic. If she needs psychological counseling, then hire her one.

I don't see any other illegitimacy on this issue and anyone's human rights were violated, so what the heck with all the fuss? I really have a hard time to understand all the family dramas with yelling and crying...The conflicts just seem so artificial, like they have to pick on something to fight about.....

I agree. Maybe because surrogacy is such a frowned upon issue in Korea that it seems upsetting to see a young woman (who consented to do this) being shamed and the responsibility going to her family for what she did. I didn't see it as a problem as So-dam consented and was paid, which is, as you said, essentially what surrogacy is about. I just feel like next episode is going to a literal mess with everyone going insane about the surrogacy. I can't wait to have that story arc over in like (lol) 20 episodes or something... As they always do.

I hope they don't go back to square zero. SJ is so considerate of SY's feelings though, I think he may leave her alone for a short while and then try and convince her to go back to him. At this point, SH is a lost cause.

What truly annoys me is that the mothers ex husbands wife tried to bargain with the information. Like how evil do you have to be? What has the ex wife done to her anyway for her to have this strong hate towards her. Also don’t get me started with the useless ex husband.. 

We can assume that maybe she fainted or got an heart attack maybe? 

14 hours ago, mslilith said:

What truly annoys me is that the mothers ex husbands wife tried to bargain with the information. Like how evil do you have to be? What has the ex wife done to her anyway for her to have this strong hate towards her. Also don’t get me started with the useless ex husband.. 

We can assume that maybe she fainted or got an heart attack maybe? 

I think It was something like how dare she tell current wife's dad that daughter had affair w married man! Seems the shock killed the Dad.  & how dare she file charges against them for adultery.

She's trying to say the shoe doesn't fit. 

I didn't understand but is Ms. Hong

Spoiler

is she drugging her son so he would forget what she said on the phone, if yes then she is a child abuser because that kind of behavior doesn't come out suddenly

2 minutes ago, howa said:

I didn't understand but is Ms. Hong

Hide contents

is she drugging her son so he would forget what she said on the phone, if yes then she is a child abuser because that kind of behavior doesn't come out suddenly

Spoiler

Yep she is a monster

I didn’t think mean older sister had a problem getting pregnant at all.  Her problem is two-fold, 1) she is deathly afraid to be pregnant because her mother died giving birth to SJ and 2) she is very vain about her body and doesn’t want to have pregnancy and child birth mess it up.

Mr. Toad’s wild ride is about to start with all the villains scrambling to recover their footing.

I hope that quietly suffering illegitimate sister finds love with Mr. Golf Pro/Instructor.  They look so cute together.   Her horrible father and husband are pushing her into the arms of someone who can and wants to give her affection...Mr. Very cute golf instructor.

After Ms. Hong does her worst time and time again, it will eventually erode any good feeling SY’s good feelings for SH and SY will never want her as a family member.  SJ matches her so well that it’s only natural that his attention and warmth will win her over.

1 hour ago, Yi Gui said:

We were right, there will be a bunch of eps where SY tries to push SJ away......the hug is gut-wrenching:bawling:   they both will be heartbroken.....

By the way, I cannot believe that JY is still thinking about marrying SJ after his radical honesty telling her about how much he is in love with SY. JY is a condescending brat, and what kind of low self-esteem women would still like to marry a man that clearly in deep love with someone else? It is so pathetic because anyone with sanity would know it is not going to end well......

18 minutes ago, desertflower said:

I didn’t think mean older sister had a problem getting pregnant at all.  Her problem is two-fold, 1) she is deathly afraid to be pregnant because her mother died giving birth to SJ and 2) she is very vain about her body and doesn’t want to have pregnancy and child birth mess it up.

SJ's sister is supposed to be nearly 40 years old, because she is 12 years older than SJ. I suppose it is not unusual for women at the age have difficulty conceive. But if she does not, she perhaps still would not do it given the trauma of their mother's death, and she is so superficial....

3 hours ago, Yi Gui said:

We were right, there will be a bunch of eps where SY tries to push SJ away......the hug is gut-wrenching:bawling:   they both will be heartbroken.....

I only saw a clip so far but what I saw, SY wanted to return the hug and sort of half-did. Not sure if it meant anything...

The Eun sister father was a great man who worked so hard for his family, he never cheated on his wife >> wait, what he did cheat on his wife OK, at least he didn't abandon his two daughters>> wait what he did OK at least he supported them >> what now? he didn't OK, don't tell me now he didn't help his ex-wife when she got sick and needed money for treatment >> oh he did see he is a great father how much did he help them with, wow 15,000  that's so generous of him >> you mean 1,500. Oh OK he is a salary man>> What do you mean by 150$ you're kidding?. That loser dares to say his daughters look down on him because of their mother sickness and because she is weak, she has an excuse for being weak it called Chemotherapy, what is his excuse for being a lousy father, kids feel safe and protected because of their fathers.

ieXYTkI.gif

Ms. Hong running to Mr. Choi office just to protect her son face in front of JY was not a smart move since JY is onto her, JY know and the older sister knows and SJ knows no but he will forget maybe, that behind every problem there is Ms. Hong, SH was about to join the list but he might stray. SJ sister is more scared of her father finding out that she went on her knees and totally ignored her husband.

k2xlajA.gif

SK, I really wanted her to have a clean break up, her husband deserves to be cheated on, he has to take a good look at himself his first wife cheated now the second wife, it is his fault but that is not an excuse for cheating.

I'm 99.999999% sure that SH will forget if not they would have ended the episode with him not drinking by throwing away the drink. Looking at his tortured face and tormented soul makes me wanna cave in and feel sorry for him but then I remember he is a stalker and brush that feeling off.

ZAN9MgH.png

On 2/15/2019 at 7:43 PM, Yi Gui said:

Sorry to cut your message, you're right, she's perfectly right to do that and everything has been done in the rules but I think the main problem is that her husband was not aware, it's two that this must be done; Then I hope for her that she is the mother written in the records of the child in the United States, but I do not see a trial coming, but who knows? if she divorces, her husband may ask for custody of the baby, especially since we know that he seems in love with So Dam, despite her horrible behavior at this point I pity the storm that may befall her , may be losing the baby, she will start to change ? 

Ms Hong:rolleyes: is just crazy, but I guess for the moment, she'll still be fine

Otherwise, talking about the other illegitimate sister I really feel bad for her, I feel that the golfer was paid to seduce her, I hope I'm wrong but seeing the smile of the ex wife in the preview  I unfortunately have the impession that I'm right,  I'm waiting to see what will tell her family, her husband, she's bothering me, she just wanted to be happy

Archived