[Drama 2019] Love in Sadness, 슬플 때 사랑한다

0ly40

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

what matters really is what YMR believes she is the character in the drama no?

who says MR shot IW? no one knows... IW has many enemies... 

Sorry, you don't need to be rude. Here is a discussion forum, we all are here to give our opinion.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, juli® said:

Sorry, you don't need to be rude. Here is a discussion forum, we all are here to give our opinion.

I wasn't being rude, I was discussing since it is a discussion forum as you said. We are discussing our opinions of the characters in the drama. I just need you to qualify what you believe in connection with the characters of the drama because if you just state your beliefs then that ends the discussion. There is nothing to discuss, what you believe is what you believe. That's all

And you really can opt not to quote me or reply to my posts if you think I am being rude and I will not quote yours if you think my reply to your reply to my posts are rude. Fair enough?  

Everyone's opinions are equal but some are more equal than others. :D

8 hours ago, zenya22 said:

what matters really is what YMR believes she is the character in the drama no?

who says MR shot IW? no one knows... IW has many enemies... 

I speculated but I feel like saying that now.  That's why there's no reason for me to continue on with the drama.

4 hours ago, zenya22 said:

I wasn't being rude, I was discussing since it is a discussion forum as you said. We are discussing our opinions of the characters in the drama. I just need you to qualify what you believe in connection with the characters of the drama because if you just states your beliefs then that ends the discussion. There is nothing to discuss, what you believe is what you believe. That's all

And you really can opt not to quote me or reply to my posts if you think I am being rude and I will not quote yours if you think my reply to your reply to my posts are rude. Fair enough?  

@zenya22 I see ... I'm sorry again. :thumbsup: I like your posts, that's why I comment, we have different opinions, enriches the debate.

53 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

Everyone's opinions are equal but some are more equal than others. :D

I speculated but I feel like saying that now.  That's why there's no reason for me to continue on with the drama.

@zenya22 @Shinobu @bebebisous33

@ktcjdrama @thundergirl3 That scene is in my head since the show began: who kills the IW? Why? Why did he come stumbling in that house? And what house was that? Who lives in it? IW has been drinking too much in the last few episodes. Does it take him long to find the YMR? That's why I told before she getting away on ep 4 was too early, the drama has 40 eps! He's going to spend what, 30 eps just looking for her?

I think the person in white is YMR, being held captive by KIW in the villa with guards places around her. Maybe she threatened to kill herself and that's why KIW came running in fear she would really kill herself. But YMR shot him instead. Or it could be he was struggling to get the gun away from her and the gun accidentally shot him. 

15 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think the person in white is YMR, being held captive by KIW in the villa with guards places around her. Maybe she threatened to kill herself and that's why KIW came running in fear she would really kill herself. But YMR shot him instead. Or it could be he was struggling to get the gun away from her and the gun accidentally shot him. 

This wait is driving me crazy. :weary: Who kills? And why?

14 hours ago, Shinobu said:

speculated but I feel like saying that now.  That's why there's no reason for me to continue on with the drama.

ahhhhhh, you are going to miss out on the best performance of RSY yet to come I think. Remember that he is very smart especially in using psychological manipulation, so how he gets to plan his next actions and revenge will be very interesting to see for me anyway.... and RSY will keep me watching at the edge of my seat

14 hours ago, zenya22 said:

ahhhhhh, you are going to miss out on the best performance of RSY yet to come I think. Remember that he is very smart especially in using psychological manipulation, so how he gets to plan his next actions and revenge will be very interesting to see for me anyway.... and RSY will keep me watching at the edge of my seat

This revenge is going to be crazy, I'll tell you. I'm looking forward to KIW meeting YMR soon for revenge to begin. I want to see if he'll drag her back home even with a different face, if she'll give it up, but get revenge ... And what will he do against the doctor? He will it freak out knowing that the doctor has a relationship with YMR? Anyway, I want time to pass soon!

11 hours ago, tulip934 said:

Now MR 's face is not look the same his mother's anymore !! what does he want ? her heart is gone , her face is not his favor face ??? what would he want to take ?

Gosh, i think he is gonna fall in love with here all over again. 

21 minutes ago, Moroodliin said:

Gosh, i think he is gonna fall in love with here all over again. 

But he was never in love with her. It was rather an obsession because he tried to change her. Having the face of her mother was not enough, he wanted to transform YMR into the image of his mother. That's why he chose for her the clothes and the jewels. Moreover, WIK forced her to become a housewife supporting her husband, just like his mother. Remember that no one knew the face of WIK's mother and it was the same for YMR. That's why he didn't let her become a famous painter. 

Sorry, WIK used to beat his wife hence I can not consider it as love.

I get it. But i think he loves her in his twisted way and YMR looks like his mother played in almost 70 percent of his choice. He only learned from his father and be like his father. Maybe love changes him and he could repent and learn to be better man. He is such a romantic and only faithful to his wife one woman said. He could change. We even give murderers a chance to repent & be a better man. So i dont see any problem if writer makes that choice. I might be wrong though. Cant wait to watch today's episode.

59 minutes ago, Moroodliin said:

I get it. But i think he loves her in his twisted way and YMR looks like his mother played in almost 70 percent of his choice. He only learned from his father and be like his father. Maybe love changes him and he could repent and learn to be better man. He is such a romantic and only faithful to his wife one woman said. He could change. We even give murderers a chance to repent & be a better man. So i dont see any problem if writer makes that choice. I might be wrong though. Cant wait to watch today's episode.

Actually, I am expecting the opposite direction. We are about to witness WIK's downfall and not redemption. To me, he is on his way where there is no return, especially, after YMR had her plastic surgery. WIK has been able to abuse his wife for so long (her home was like a jail) because he was powerful. However, I sense that his obsession will make him lose focus on the company. Right now, he acts a lot like his father hence the father is okay. But notice that he spends more and more time outside his office, even postpones meetings that's why I am expecting him to neglect the business. Don't forget that his father remarried and he has a step-brother... the identity of the heir is not confirmed yet. 

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

But he was never in love with her. It was rather an obsession because he tried to change her. Having the face of her mother was not enough, he wanted to transform YMR into the image of his mother. That's why he chose for her the clothes and the jewels. Moreover, WIK forced her to become a housewife supporting her husband, just like his mother. Remember that no one knew the face of WIK's mother and it was the same for YMR. That's why he didn't let her become a famous painter. 

Sorry, WIK used to beat his wife hence I can not consider it as love.

Well said, thank you. Say that  again one more time. Obsession is not love. IW was never in love with her. He does not know how or what "falling in love means". He has not learned how to love.

Physical/emotional/mental/psychological/spiritual torture/imprisonment and isolation is not love. Love has nothing to do with any of that. It is obsession or addiction. He told Ma Ri that he had once asked his father why he did not let his mother go and his father answered "because she is mine" and then IW finished with, "that is what I have become". Ma Ri is an object of possesion to be guarded and kept in a cage not a person to love or adore in IW's eyes. 

I remember a scene in LMIH when the obsessed husband went to appeal to his mother in law to take his wife back with him. He then looked to his wife and said "we were in love, we promised to be together, you were always there for me, I promise to change" and the now enlightened wife said "we were in love and even when you hurt me I thought I could love you more and you will change" seems was not the first time he was promising change... however, wife has been enlightened, told her husband frimly .... NO. But that scene showed, I think, one of the reasons abused stay with the abuser because of the "saviour" belief that they can endure and love someone into changing that if they stay long enough they will change their abusive partners into someone loving. Somehow likened to a drinker being treated or saved with the object of his addiction= alcohol. I guess it is easier to see the illogic when put that way but harder to see when it comes to relationships especially because in my (pov) women are naturally nurturing. But in this situation. just like in LMIH, both women have chosen to leave. Both women found the strength to reclaim their lives. And Ma Ri has now gotten some self worth and self esteem restored when she sold her very first painting, when she got her mom to a new convalescence home where her husband can't find her. She had the courage to face her husband when IW came looking for the doctor's wife in his home because of the dress and even when she was trembling inside she still came out the door to face him and she had the doctor supporting her. That took courage. Now that she has another person aside from her mom and herself to fight for, she will bravely face her nemesis, her abusive husband. One of the reasons she could not leave IW so easily was because he had her mother as hostage. It took all her courage, determination to outwit IW and the guards to get her mom away from IW. Now, that IW is threatening to destroy the gallery which she knows is dear to JW, her friend and savior, she is fighting back. That for Ma Ri is what love is all about, the capacity to care for, care about another being. So, if Ma Ri has chosen to leave, why does anyone want to go against her choice and say she should go back to change him? Does the woman's choice have no merit in people's eyes, does she not deserve compassion, but her choice ignored? Is IW the only person that needs compassion or understanding?

Sure IW also needs some compassion especially knowing how he was treated as he grew up so wish for him to change into a better person,  but Ma Ri going back to him "because her love will change him" is not it, especially when Ma Ri chose, chose and chose to leave him. For IW to change, he has to realize first that he needs to change but he has not because all his life he was taught he has the right to control, to own and he is entitled to it that he can show his power with force if needed. That scene in the first episode when he told Ma Ri he got back from ripping someone apart and left a bloody scene already implies he killed someone. Ma Ri is wise enough to choose to leave him before he kills her. He already put a gun to her head and said he won't shoot if she stayed put and will shoot when if she flies or moves or in flight.

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Actually, I am expecting the opposite direction. We are about to witness WIK's downfall and not redemption. To me, he is on his way where there is no return, especially, after YMR had her plastic surgery. 

Agree. He is like the addict whose source of addiction was taken away, who was on high heavens and fell down to low, who will be erratic and will do anything to get back the source of addiction. IW is already there at the stage of wanting what he owns back to restore his very bruised ego, at the exclusion of everything else. I hope though that they will not focus much on the corporate struggle of dad and son but instead make these last episodes tight and focus on Ma Ri's strength winning over IW and involvement of the main characters. I hope also that they use the episodes to establish the budding romantic relationship between the doctor and Ma Ri. but I don't mind what you said about the brother knowing how Ma Ri abused and help Ma Ri. His mom also is probably enduring abuse but chose to stay. She said to Ma Ri she needs the financial and social priveleges that staying with her husband gives her, "as long as no one knows" and I guess that meant as long as no one knows she is being abused. The brother also must have endured being hit and pummelled. He could get involved and help Ma Ri and I hope the brother will choose to leave home as well or the father will turn him into another IW. Anyhow it will be interesting how Ma Ri wins over her torturer. 

On 3/21/2019 at 9:01 PM, ktcjdrama said:

@ktcjdramaI hope by this time, Ma Ri is not wanting to kill herself. She has gotten the courage, will and smarts to leave her husband. Why she was where she was is unknown and there are many people who could have shot IW. Or the shooter may not have meant to shoot IW and IW got in the way. There are also people who don't want MR in their lives because they did not want to lose JW. At the end of the last episode both JW and Ma Ri were thinking of the story of Apollo, Hyacinthus and Zephyrus. If JW was the sun god Apollo and Ma Ri and Ha Kyung were Hyacinthus then IW and Dr Ha could be Zephyrus? 

PHB is not leaving the drama is she? I know that they've said netizens are wanting her to leave. That's not even fair because of what happened with her husband, she's not even involved. Her and other celebrities that are being brought into the situation because they know him. I hate that this even effecting that drama and don't want her to leave.

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

Well said, thank you. Say that  again one more time. Obsession is not love. IW was never in love with her. He does not know how or what "falling in love means". He has not learned how to love.

Physical/emotional/mental/psychological/spiritual torture/imprisonment and isolation is not love. Love has nothing to do with any of that. It is obsession or addiction. He told Ma Ri that he had once asked his father why he did not let his mother go and his father answered "because she is mine" and then IW finished with, "that is what I have become". Ma Ri is an object of possesion to be guarded and kept in a cage not a person to love or adore in IW's eyes. 

I remember a scene in LMIH when the obsessed husband went to appeal to his mother in law to take his wife back with him. He then looked to his wife and said "we were in love, we promised to be together, you were always there for me, I promise to change" and the now enlightened wife said "we were in love and even when you hurt me I thought I could love you more and you will change" seems was not the first time he was promising change... however, wife has been enlightened, told her husband frimly .... NO. But that scene showed, I think, one of the reasons abused stay with the abuser because of the "saviour" belief that they can endure and love someone into changing that if they stay long enough they will change their abusive partners into someone loving. Somehow likened to a drinker being treated or saved with the object of his addiction= alcohol. I guess it is easier to see the illogic when put that way but harder to see when it comes to relationships especially because in my (pov) women are naturally nurturing. But in this situation. just like in LMIH, both women have chosen to leave. Both women found the strength to reclaim their lives. And Ma Ri has now gotten some self worth and self esteem restored when she sold her very first painting, when she got her mom to a new convalescence home where her husband can't find her. She had the courage to face her husband when IW came looking for the doctor's wife in his home because of the dress and even when she was trembling inside she still came out the door to face him and she had the doctor supporting her. That took courage. Now that she has another person aside from her mom and herself to fight for, she will bravely face her nemesis, her abusive husband. One of the reasons she could not leave IW so easily was because he had her mother as hostage. It took all her courage, determination to outwit IW and the guards to get her mom away from IW. Now, that IW is threatening to destroy the gallery which she knows is dear to JW, her friend and savior, she is fighting back. That for Ma Ri is what love is all about, the capacity to care for, care about another being. So, if Ma Ri has chosen to leave, why does anyone want to go against her choice and say she should go back to change him? Does the woman's choice have no merit in people's eyes, does she not deserve compassion, but her choice ignored? Is IW the only person that needs compassion or understanding?

Sure IW also needs some compassion especially knowing how he was treated as he grew up so wish for him to change into a better person,  but Ma Ri going back to him "because her love will change him" is not it, especially when Ma Ri chose, chose and chose to leave him. For IW to change, he has to realize first that he needs to change but he has not because all his life he was taught he has the right to control, to own and he is entitled to it that he can show his power with force if needed. That scene in the first episode when he told Ma Ri he got back from ripping someone apart and left a bloody scene already implies he killed someone. Ma Ri is wise enough to choose to leave him before he kills her. He already put a gun to her head and said he won't shoot if she stayed put and will shoot when if she flies or moves or in flight.

Agree. He is like the addict whose source of addiction was taken away, who was on high heavens and fell down to low, who will be erratic and will do anything to get back the source of addiction. IW is already there at the stage of wanting what he owns back to restore his very bruised ego, at the exclusion of everything else. I hope though that they will not focus much on the corporate struggle of dad and son but instead make these last episodes tight and focus on Ma Ri's strength winning over IW and involvement of the main characters. I hope also that they use the episodes to establish the budding romantic relationship between the doctor and Ma Ri. but I don't mind what you said about the brother knowing how Ma Ri abused and help Ma Ri. His mom also is probably enduring abuse but chose to stay. She said to Ma Ri she needs the financial and social priveleges that staying with her husband gives her, "as long as no one knows" and I guess that meant as long as no one knows she is being abused. The brother also must have endured being hit and pummelled. He could get involved and help Ma Ri and I hope the brother will choose to leave home as well or the father will turn him into another IW. Anyhow it will be interesting how Ma Ri wins over her torturer. 

@ktcjdramaI hope by this time, Ma Ri is not wanting to kill herself. She has gotten the courage, will and smarts to leave her husband. Why she was where she was is unknown and there are many people who could have shot IW. Or the shooter may not have meant to shoot IW and IW got in the way. There are also people who don't want MR in their lives because they did not want to lose JW. At the end of the last episode both JW and Ma Ri were thinking of the story of Apollo, Hyacinthus and Zephyrus. If JW was the sun god Apollo and Ma Ri and Ha Kyung were Hyacinthus then IW and Dr Ha could be Zephyrus? 

I can definitely return the compliment. Yes, this is a very naive belief to think that if YMR remained by KIW's side loving him more, he would change hence she needs to return to him.  Moreover, it implies that the spouse didn't love her husband enough before, her love was not strong enough to affect him. Thinking like this, people are overlooking that YMR did love him in the beginning but the abuse destroyed her love for him.

2. I really like your idea that someone else might have targeted YMR but KIW got in the way hence he got shot. This could be YR. Or let us imagine that YR was the one who wanted to deliver YMR to KIW hence there were bodyguards around YMR. However, the moment YMR realized the betrayal, she fought with YR and could get a gun so that when her husband appeared, at some point she shot him.

As for the story of Hyacinth, I think that both women WHK and YMR can represent Hyacinth. Zephyrus as Dr. Ha killed his lover HK with the accident, he was indeed jealous of SJW. As for YMR, KIW is indeed Zephyrus because he was jealous of the world. He wanted YMR for himself, he didn't want anyone to see her at all. Notice that the fake death of YMR corresponds to the death of Hyacinth which became a flower. Death = Rebirth... YMR was reborn as she changed her face and identity. She is no longer the YMR who was scared and mute, she has transformed into a determined woman who fights against her inner demons and fears.  

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

I think, one of the reasons abused stay with the abuser because of the "saviour" belief that they can endure and love someone into changing that if they stay long enough they will change their abusive partners into someone loving. Somehow likened to a drinker being treated or saved with the object of his addiction= alcohol. I guess it is easier to see the illogic when put that way but harder to see when it comes to relationships especially because in my (pov) women are naturally nurturing. But in this situation. just like in LMIH, both women have chosen to leave. Both women found the strength to reclaim their lives. And Ma Ri has now gotten some self worth and self esteem restored when she sold her very first painting, when she got her mom to a new convalescence home where her husband can't find her. She had the courage to face her husband when IW came looking for the doctor's wife in his home because of the dress and even when she was trembling inside she still came out the door to face him and she had the doctor supporting her. That took courage.

@ktcjdramaI hope by this time, Ma Ri is not wanting to kill herself. She has gotten the courage, will and smarts to leave her husband. Why she was where she was is unknown and there are many people who could have shot IW. Or the shooter may not have meant to shoot IW and IW got in the way. There are also people who don't want MR in their lives because they did not want to lose JW.

I agree that women tend to stay because they are naturally nurturing. And I agree too that she had found courage to live. I admire that in her. Most people in her situation would want to die, but her pleas to SJW was "Help me, I want to live"

I didn't think YMR really intended to kill herself, but probably just to get KIW to come to her. But you brought up a good point which @bebebisous33 also further expanded, that maybe another party keeping her captive and posing a threat to her life as well.

Archived