[Drama 2019] Love in Sadness, 슬플 때 사랑한다

0ly40

58 minutes ago, Moroodliin said:

When is today's episode? wish some recaps.

It has already aired. The RAW version has already been released. I have just finished watching the episode 9... and so far I understood, SJW wants to cancel with contract signed with KIW. HR told him that the gallery meant a lot to her.

Furthermore meeting WHK/YMR affected KIW a lot. He wondered who WHK was as he felt attracted to her neck and throat. He thought, he was going crazy... and this proves to me that her face wasn't the real reason for his obsession. SJW's mother knows now what SJW did and she was upset.

I have to say that HR'sbehavior was really disgusting. After KIW's departure, HR's first thought was to know if the contract had been signed. She didn't even look at YMR which was shaking and short of breath. HR even wondered why YMR was acting like that. This shows to me that HR has no heart at all. She can't even put herself in YMR's shoes, what the wife has been put through... She thought, she wouldn't get caught but SJW discovered her trick and got upset. For the first time, SJW and HR had a real argument and HR revealed a lot about herself.

Dr Ha met KIW... so he is now wondering if the surgery with the VVIP is linked to KIW. 

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I understood as much as you too. IW almost knew that woman who has Ha Kyung face is YMR. and very much startled affected by her neck just by looking at and hands when they were shaking hands. I'd say being together close, he was pulled towards her. I think being husband and wife for 5 years would do that.  For me doctor and YMR falling love this fast is rather strange though. He still misses and thinks about his wife at this point and YMR is exactly looks like his wife. Could we say he is falling in love with her becoz she looks like his wife? i hope this love thing progresses rather slow. 

49 minutes ago, Moroodliin said:

Thanks. I understood as much as you too. IW almost knew that woman who has Ha Kyung face is YMR. and very much startled affected by her neck just by looking at and hands when they were shaking hands. I'd say being together close, he was pulled towards her. I think being husband and wife for 5 years would do that.  For me doctor and YMR falling love this fast is rather strange though. He still misses and thinks about his wife at this point and YMR is exactly looks like his wife. Could we say he is falling in love with her becoz she looks like his wife? i hope this love thing progresses rather slow. 

To me, he was already attracted before the plastic surgery. So he fell for YMR and not her face. He only gave her WHK's face in the last minute. Then he realized his mistake, when he called her WHK. He apologized later. I mean, she has dressed herself like WHK hence he made a mistake. But he is falling for her because of her heart. He was moved, when she cried in his arms, although he couldn't see her face. Sure, he was a little confused and wondered about his heart. The most important is that he feels the most comfortable, when she is dressed simply. His desire to protect her goes beyond his love for WHK... he keeps comforting her, encouraging her... she is definitely moved by his gentleness.

So next week, it looks like the identity of the secret lover will be revealed... the meeting of Ha and SJW near the bridge is the scene where Ha reveals that he was her lover. SJW will be really hurt and YMR will comfort him. Dr. Ha meets YMR/WHK.   

35 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

To me, he was already attracted before the plastic surgery. So he fell for YMR and not her face. He only gave her WHK's face in the last minute. Then he realized his mistake, when he called her WHK. He apologized later. I mean, she has dressed herself like WHK hence he made a mistake. But he is falling for her because of her heart. He was moved, when she cried in his arms, although he couldn't see her face. Sure, he was a little confused and wondered about his heart. The most important is that he feels the most comfortable, when she is dressed simply. His desire to protect her goes beyond his love for WHK... he keeps comforting her, encouraging her... she is definitely moved by his gentleness.

So next week, it looks like the identity of the secret lover will be revealed... the meeting of Ha and SJW near the bridge is the scene where Ha reveals that he was her lover. SJW will be really hurt and YMR will comfort him. Dr. Ha meets YMR/WHK.   

I agree. He was already attracted to her from the start but his wife was still alive then and he also is a person who is protective to those in need hence the need to protect this woman whoever she looks like is already instilled in him. I had the feeling that Dr Ha and HR will make trouble for YMR. Like you said some pages ago, Dr. Ha was not interested really in HK, he was afraid to lose Dr. Seo JW because without JW he would have been sued a many times already. He would have lost a patient many times over but Dr. Seo rescued him. 

25 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

I agree. He was already attracted to her from the start but his wife was still alive then and he also is a person who is protective to those in need hence the need to protect this woman whoever she looks like is already instilled in him. I had the feeling that Dr Ha and HR will make trouble for YMR. Like you said some pages ago, Dr. Ha was not interested really in HK, he was afraid to lose Dr. Seo JW because without JW he would have been sued a many times already. He would have lost a patient many times over but Dr. Seo rescued him. 

I bet, HR will reveal the existence of YMR, the face of WHK... I am quite sure that she knows Dr. Ha was WHK's lover. From my point of view, she set a trap for WHK... Dr. Ha knew about her love for SJW, just like he was attracted by WHK. 

Striking that SJW has definitely rejected HR. When she confessed her love for him, he told her that he only considered her as a friend and part of her family (if I understood it correctly) and he wished no change at all. If she kept pursuing him, then at some point this would affect their relationship forever.

Yet, I am expecting that at some point Dr. Ha will side with SJW and help him to protect YMR. I have a more negative opinion about HR. 

This drama is so intense and during the last two episodes, I was rooting for them to kiss...This is a beautiful, but deadly disaster waiting to happen, but for the life of me, I cannot stop enjoying this ride! :heart:

***I still do not like the music :thumbsdown::rage:

2 minutes ago, foreverempress said:

This drama is so intense and during the last two episodes, I was rooting for them to kiss...This is a beautiful, but deadly disaster waiting to happen, but for the life of me, I cannot stop enjoying this ride! :heart:

***I still do not like the music :thumbsdown::rage:

I like "Nightmare"... really fits KIW's personality.

So far, I like the story very much too.

I just didn't understand one thing: why did KIW get away with the siren signal from the police if he's rich and has enough connections so YMR would never have been able to complain about him there?

KIW's violence is terrifying, really. He is even willing to destroy the world to get the YMR back. But I'm confusing he was attracted to WHK and he didn't know why, which means that YMR's face never really mattered? So what is the object of his obsession if it was not the face?

And did he give up looking for her mother? It would be the easiest way to find YMR.

WHK has not signed the contract!

And one more thing, KIW is neglecting his duties as president of Gunha Corp. I want to see what his father is going to do about it.

So young show owner! :thumbsup:

On 3/4/2019 at 9:11 PM, bebebisous33 said:

Okay, don't throw stones at me but I don't perceive the doctor as crazy or creepy... To me it wasn't SJW's initial intention to give her the face of his wife. I felt, Hae Ra's words made him look like that. However, she was never there, when SJR met YMR for the first time, when he met her on the road, how the surgery happened. She never heard YMR's request. It is just Hae Ra's perspective which I can not accept as she is herself totally biased. She is determined to see YMR and HK as the culprits, the ones who turned SJW into a crazy man.

But in my opinion, SJW was attracted by YMR from the start. His reaction was telling, when he saw her for the first time. He even said that she was beautiful. I doubt that SJW would call many women beautiful because all this time, he only had eyes for HK. His refusal to change her face reveal something else to me. He couldn't do the surgery because she was already beautiful... so far, he had met people with problems. Since he had never met someone like YMR, he was confused. He was curious about her reasons, he asked for her cooperation and story. However, during their first conversation, it is clear that SJW was doing everything possible to help her. His advice not to run away was really telling...

While WIK oozes manliness, SJW's personality reminds me of a flower. He is very sensitive, considerate and delicate just like a flower. I can understand why WIK looks more attractive, yet his ruthlessness and his strength are too much for my taste. But the actor is really doing a great job. Since YMR loves flowers and is a flower herself, her personality fits much more to SJW's personality. SJW represents the exact opposite of WIK and there is no doubt about the reason why YMR will fall for SJW. I sense, SJW might have appeared not masculine enough for HK. 

Ok. I have not yet watch this drama. Is this recommended? Thank you,

2 hours ago, juli® said:

I just didn't understand one thing: why did KIW get away with the siren signal from the police if he's rich and has enough connections so YMR would never have been able to complain about him there?

KIW's violence is terrifying, really. He is even willing to destroy the world to get the YMR back. But I'm confusing he was attracted to WHK and he didn't know why, which means that YMR's face never really mattered? So what is the object of his obsession if it was not the face?

And did he give up looking for her mother? It would be the easiest way to find YMR.

WHK has not signed the contract!

And one more thing, KIW is neglecting his duties as president of Gunha Corp. I want to see what his father is going to do about it.

So young show owner! :thumbsup:

1. If he got caught by the police, this would have created a scandal. KIW did trespass a property, threatened a woman and assaulted a man. If the media had noticed it, then there is no way that he could have covered it up.

2. Furthermore, these two episodes revealed that KIW was not attracted by YMR's face in reality which made me realize afterwards that KIW didn't fall for YMR the woman at all. Remember that he started crying, when he saw this painting... lis-painting-ymr-and-glaieul.png?w=660 We all thought that it was because of the woman in the painting but she didn't look exactly like YMR. To me, KIW was moved by the painting itself because it represented happiness and freedom. The woman there was holding a gladiolus indicating she was mentally strong and sincere. She embodied all the qualities his mother had not had since she had killed herself. When he saw YMR, he noticed the resemblance. So from my point of view, he fell for the painter YMR and not the person herself. Notice that he wanted to keep all her paintings to himself which shows that he had a deep connection with her paintings. He even knew how to interpret the painting with the cistus. He was the one who named it: a self-portray by telling her that the flowers resembled her.

Secondly he recognized the presence of YMR due to the paintings and got very emotional, when he saw the new pictures. That's why he treats YMR like a possession because in the end, he is more after the painter than the woman herself. This also explains why he refused YMR to become famous. With her paintings, he could feel what freedom and happiness was... however, the moment he "destroyed" her career, he actually hurt YMR so much which could no longer love him. The argument about her career must have been the reason why the abuse started. But since she kept painting, he could still beat her, as despite everything KIW had the opportunity to see new paintings. She started focusing more and more on the flowers due to the bruises which KIW liked. So the circle vicious was created... the violence was the reason for her new paintings and KIW was somehow aware of that but since he liked her pictures, he had no reason to stop hurting her, if she wasn't obedient. 

@avondale16 So far, I like the story... my only complain is the acting of the female lead. The first YMR was definitely much better.    

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

1. If he got caught by the police, this would have created a scandal. KIW did trespass a property, threatened a woman and assaulted a man. If the media had noticed it, then there is no way that he could have covered it up.

2. Furthermore, these two episodes revealed that KIW was not attracted by YMR's face in reality which made me realize afterwards that KIW didn't fall for YMR the woman at all. Remember that he started crying, when he saw this painting...

We all thought that it was because of the woman in the painting but she didn't look exactly like YMR. To me, KIW was moved by the painting itself because it represented happiness and freedom. The woman there was holding a gladiolus indicating she was mentally strong and sincere. She embodied all the qualities his mother had not had since she had killed herself. When he saw YMR, he noticed the resemblance. So from my point of view, he fell for the painter YMR and not the person herself. Notice that he wanted to keep all her paintings to himself which shows that he had a deep connection with her paintings. He even knew how to interpret the painting with the cistus. He was the one who named it: a self-portray by telling her that the flowers resembled her.

Secondly he recognized the presence of YMR due to the paintings and got very emotional, when he saw the new pictures. That's why he treats YMR like a possession because in the end, he is more after the painter than the woman herself. This also explains why he refused YMR to become famous. With her paintings, he could feel what freedom and happiness was... however, the moment he "destroyed" her career, he actually hurt YMR so much which could no longer love him. The argument about her career must have been the reason why the abuse started. But since she kept painting, he could still beat her, as despite everything KIW had the opportunity to see new paintings. She started focusing more and more on the flowers due to the bruises which KIW liked. So the circle vicious was created... the violence was the reason for her new paintings and KIW was somehow aware of that but since he liked her pictures, he had no reason to stop hurting her, if she wasn't obedient. 

@avondale16 So far, I like the story... my only complain is the acting of the female lead. The first YMR was definitely much better.    

1 - Oh, Yes, it is true! KIW is very abused, he don't cares with the fact that invaded the House of a person and threatened!

2 - These two eps. not made sense to me, if he is not obsessed by her face, then he really likes YMR. Is personal and directed that feeling. Because it doesn't really interested in other women (he not like the Joo Hae-ra near him, for example). And he couldn't understand why he was attracted by WHK.

I don't think so, KIW was mesmerized by the painting, but he started crying when he saw YMR behind him. I think he likes her, yes, and hopes to have a happy life next to her. Maybe he thinks that when he takes over for him the company as the only president of Gunha Corp, he will leave the influence of his father and finally will have a chance to live happily with her, giving her what the father didn't give his mother. He said this in that scene of the lake, after he will get her in the GH sanatorium. He asks if she can not live the way he wants, for his sake, at least for a little while. I think he says that by taking over the company, things will change.

Interesting your argument, but I still think that it was not the paintings, but YMR herself. Sometimes he would "drag" her from the painting room to dine with him, which shows that he likes her company, not just the paintings. And he only bought the paintings that represented her in something, some direct feeling of her in the pictures. If it was not the case, who bought was the company. He said he would buy the "A Self Portrait" because it represented her, that he didn't want anyone else to see her. KIW, in a twisted way, loved and loves YMR. I think he saw in her the chance to redeem himself with his mother, giving YMR happiness that his mother didn't have. His behavior is confusing and deep, I admit that I have difficulty understanding.

3 - The only complain I have about this drama, other than Han-byul's acting (I think everyone agrees that it's being weak), is KIW's delay in finding YMR. That's why I always thought she ran away too early, it should have happened there by eps. 10, 11... Considering that this show has 40 eps., I think it's taking a long time for him to find her.

2 hours ago, tulip934 said:

KIW needs to go to mental hospital as soon as possible

Hahaha, go and keep her company for her mother.

On 3/22/2019 at 10:53 AM, juli® said:

@zenya22 @Shinobu @bebebisous33

@ktcjdrama @thundergirl3 That scene is in my head since the show began: who kills the IW? Why? Why did he come stumbling in that house? And what house was that? Who lives in it? IW has been drinking too much in the last few episodes. Does it take him long to find the YMR? That's why I told before she getting away on ep 4 was too early, the drama has 40 eps! He's going to spend what, 30 eps just looking for her?

@juli Well, the conjecture is that Ma-Ri shot IW. From my perspective, she is most likely the suspect, and I presume she has committed the crime in self-defence. I am concerned because she is going head to head against a powerful family who also has a lot of money. So if this is the case, I am not sure how she is going to prove her innocence. Such situations never bode well. There is an element of suspense which I like.

As the drama progresses, I would like really like to witness Ma-Ri's transformation from someone who can defend herself and move on with her life. I kind of wish she doesn't end up with anyone; in fact, I'd prefer it that way.

I hope actress PHB does not exit this drama because of something her husband did in his business life.  An innocent spouse should not be blamed for something their spouse did in secret.  

I’m really enjoying this drama having just marathoned it yesterday.  The suspense is so strong with waiting to see what that crazy obsessed husband will do.  The face change doesn’t get rid of the PTSD that YMR has from being savagely beaten by her husband for five years.  She would need therapy to get over the trauma so she can live in peace.

1 hour ago, thundergirl3 said:

@juli Well, the conjecture is that Ma-Ri shot IW. From my perspective, she is most likely the suspect, and I presume she has committed the crime in self-defence. I am concerned because she is going head to head against a powerful family who also has a lot of money. So if this is the case, I am not sure how she is going to prove her innocence. Such situations never bode well. There is an element of suspense which I like.

As the drama progresses, I would like really like to witness Ma-Ri's transformation from someone who can defend herself and move on with her life. I kind of wish she doesn't end up with anyone; in fact, I'd prefer it that way.

In fact, I'm beginning to like the doctor. He faced KIW on an equal footing, stared at the full force of KIW, I began to admire him. But this drama is a thriller, so I want KIW to find YMR and take her back home. I want to see if he really likes her or his obsession was indeed her face. Besides, this incessant quest is already getting on my nerves. The scene where KIW punches the gate, wow, what a scene! He's totally out of control. What about Gunha Corp.? To tell you the truth, I still would like her to come back with KIW and see him change, but that will not happen, so today I already accept that she finishes with the doctor, even though she still finds it very strange because her face is the same to WHK.

42 minutes ago, hell59 said:

I wonder if the main actress PHB will be replaced after the scandal involving her husband?

I think they even finished recording the whole drama, so I believe she's going through to the end.

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Love in Sadness, 슬플 때 사랑한다

Archived