[Drama 2019] Love in Sadness, 슬플 때 사랑한다

0ly40

I'm behind on the drama due to access but from what I gather, there was no proper courtship between MR and husband.  He chose her then proceeded with marriage.  And she probably agreed because the marriage helped her family out.  It didn't help that husband grew up abused and became an abuser himself. 

In all honesty, if in real life husband is just a schmuck with a face that only a mother could love, I would kick him to the curb.  Or if he's played by another actor who I don't care for, I will kick him to the curb as well.  So the fact that RSY is in the role basically changed how I feel about his behavior.  After all, I watch for him so naturally I hope he will change for the good of humanity.  But then I realize this drama banks on the suspense of the chase and to keep the chase exciting, the chaser has to pose great threats, if not to the end.  So while the main population of the audience is waiting for the hero and his lady to destroy the evil doer, I'm waiting to see the evil doer turns good and gets the girl.  My foolishness has no end. 

Objectively speaking, we're dealing with one domestic abuser and two identity fraudsters.  One would wonder if the cops will come into the scene to scoop them up at the end.   

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Shinobu said:

I'm behind on the drama due to access but from what I gather, there was no proper courtship between MR and husband.  He chose her then proceeded with marriage.  And she probably agreed because the marriage helped her family out.  It didn't help that husband grew up abused and became an abuser himself. 

In all honesty, if in real life husband is just a schmuck with a face that only a mother could love, I would kick him to the curb.  Or if he's played by another actor who I don't care for, I will kick him to the curb as well.  So the fact that RSY is in the role basically changed how I feel about his behavior.  After all, I watch for him so naturally I hope he will change for the good of humanity.  But then I realize this drama banks on the suspense of the chase and to keep the chase exciting, the chaser has to pose great threats, if not to the end.  So while the main population of the audience is waiting for the hero and his lady to destroy the evil doer, I'm waiting to see the evil doer turns good and gets the girl.  My foolishness has no end. 

Objectively speaking, we're dealing with one domestic abuser and two identity fraudsters.  One would wonder if the cops will come into the scene to scoop them up at the end.   

Good question. As for the husband who beats the woman, nothing will be done because he has money and connections, and the YMR has already gone to the police station, but an investigation has not even been opened. As for YMR, I also do not believe that something happens because she is the wife of the president of the Gunha Group. The only one who gets scrull up on this whole mess is going to be the doctor.

And now that you mention it, I wonder why KIW wasn't go to the police since he has good connections there.

5 hours ago, juli® said:

Good question. As for the husband who beats the woman, nothing will be done because he has money and connections, and the YMR has already gone to the police station, but an investigation has not even been opened. As for YMR, I also do not believe that something happens because she is the wife of the president of the Gunha Group. The only one who gets scrull up on this whole mess is going to be the doctor.

And now that you mention it, I wonder why KIW wasn't go to the police since he has good connections there.

Husband probably doesn't want the public to know his wife ran away from home and faked death.  Don't tell it'll be like Mask.  After doc and MR defeats Mr. bad guy husband (somehow and he may end up evaporated too), doc will go to jail then gets out and lives happily ever after with MR.

1 hour ago, Shinobu said:

Husband probably doesn't want the public to know his wife ran away from home and faked death.  Don't tell it'll be like Mask.  After doc and MR defeats Mr. bad guy husband (somehow and he may end up evaporated too), doc will go to jail then gets out and lives happily ever after with MR.

At this point he doesn't mind... I think the end is already decided from the first scene of the show: kiw dies. Remains know who killed him.

2 hours ago, juli® said:

At this point he doesn't mind... I think the end is already decided from the first scene of the show: kiw dies. Remains know who killed him.

Is that really the end?  I thought the scene after that is wife in old face running in the rain and the car stopped?  Is that scene after she shot somebody?  I'm confused

29 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

Is that really the end?  I thought the scene after that is wife in old face running in the rain and the car stopped?  Is that scene after she shot somebody?  I'm confused

We don't know yet if the shooting at the pool will be the end or not, but yes, we did go forward in the timeline and then back once (running in forest) and then further back. 

On 3/18/2019 at 2:44 AM, Kỳ Thần Đỗ said:

Yeah..I also cannot turn away. So I convince myself that she is too innocent and we have this drama to watch due to their mindless. :P.Looking forward to watching the next episodes.

Big fan of Ji Hyun Woo and want to explain for him. I think the sad look in his face is reasonable. He loved his wife that much. Once again, he could see her -alive- after 5 years. A lot emotions should come up. And also a lot of confusion. I also still did not feel the "love" between him and Mary as he does not love her but sympathize now. It will be interesting to see how it could grow as love...not the love for the deceased betrayal wife or the woman with the face of his wife but the woman named Yoon Mari. I am very curious to learn how they will fall for each other, and defeat the crazy husband.  I feel sorry for the pervert but I dont see his love for MR. Those things included physical and mental tortures, isolation from friends and etc..,  should not be defined as love. He should be hospitalized for medical treatment. I guest he has OCD.!

Thank you for the explanation. However, I see his act as another form of obsession. Not healthy either. Granted Ma-Ri did give him permission and there wouldn't be much of a storyline but he seems to be trying to resurrect something or perhaps even to redeem himself through Ma-Ri. Admittedly, I feel a little creep out.

On 3/18/2019 at 12:58 AM, tulip934 said:

thundergirl3 , It's NOT love it's mental , serious sickness 

Hmm not sure what you're implying here? Am I not allowed to feel compassion and sadness for the perpetrator? Considering I have witnessed his traumatic childhood I don't think it's unreasonable. I feel sorry for all the parties involved, but particularly for Ma-Ri.

8 hours ago, Shinobu said:

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

We don't know yet if the shooting at the pool will be the end or not, but yes, we did go forward in the timeline and then back once (running in forest) and then further back. 

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

It was just a guess. 

On 3/18/2019 at 12:03 AM, zenya22 said:

IW and his father/son love-hate complicated and contorted relationship.

In episode 1 IW comes home to a Ma ri in preparing supper who appears spaced out while she is preparing a salad for the table. She did not even here IW come into the house. IW asks if Ma Ri enjoyed the gallery which startles MR and drops the plate of salad and breaks it. IW approaches from behind concerned that she hurt herself and then looks at MR's neck and carresses it saying he loves to caress her neck. He then back hugs her buries his face in her neck then said, "I am exhausted.

"I have been stalking a quarry and finally got the chance to rip it apart. I just left the hunting ground that reeked of blood and come home to you. I can't live without you, I just can't" and then tightens his back hug on Ma Ri and kisses her neck. Ma Ri's body tightened and her face full of disgust and fear

Next scene at the breakfast table: younger bro was late and dad was angry, he was going to hit the kid when MR got in front of the father to shield the kid. Dad raised his hand to hit anyway and IW blocked his father's arm with his hand telling his father to stop. Dad relented and they sat to eat breakfast. Dad asks IW for a report about what happened to the Jeju project and IW says Mr Choi will report to you. Dad tells IW that he is asking the President of Gunwha Group to report and IW retorts back with "I did it the way you taught me" then continued with "I appreciate it if we don't discuss business at the breakfast table and if you insist, then we will eat separately". Dad replies ok but then turns his attention to Ma Ri and starts to gripe about Ma Ri not getting pregnant, that he and the family did not approve of MR but IW insisted on marrying her anyway. She should get pregnant blah blah. IW interrupted again with "I will do my best, so as not to blemish the family name". 

Episode 4: hunting ground: Dad shoots at the target of flying birds and missed x2. IW takes aim and got em in one shot. Dad approves beaming. Then says I heard you ordered Director Choi to get a pistol. Smiles proudly then says, every man wants to pull the trigger. Choi brought the pistol to me and I checked it. It looked nice. The world is a war zone. You must blow the other man's head first if you don't want to die. I brought you up to be a master so you don't miss a step, so that no one can betray you." 

And the last scene with his father was again at the breakfast table and Ma Ri is now missing. 

Dad: I called the board meeting. 

IW interrupts: I told you that I already know and prepared for the agenda to be discussed at the meeting.

Dad says something about him not being ready and IW argues that he is at the age when his father started the company. Dad tells him "you are still too soft" and IW retorts back, "you beat me constantly  when I was a child and that hardened me." There was a look on the father's face who was silent for a moment and when the stepmom tried to interrupt, dad yelled at the woman to shut up. Dad then says that he is not naming an heir and he was going to let the sons fight the heirdom out. IW stares angrily at his stepmom and looks angrily at the stepbrother like a hungry wolf trying to measure his next meal. 

These scenes show that from the time IW was conceived in his mother's womb, to his childhood and adulthood, he had no chance of knowing how to be, how to think, how to act other than what his father groomed him to be. He grew up watching his father beat his mother, then his father threatening him with a golf club and ordering him to call his mother to come back home when his mother ran away. He and mom probably tried to protect each other and he more than mom as he blames himself for being responsible for his mother returning home after she ran away and yet he saw his mother kill herself to get away. So, he must also feel resentment for mom because after all that, she killed herself and  left him. His father took away all pictures of his mother and anything that reminded of the existence of his first wife. The kid was not even given space to grieve the death of his mother nor was he given counseling as the father did not want people to know anything about what happened to his wife and probably believed that counseling are for "soft" people. IW grew up to "become" his father. He seems to be afraid of his father but we also see traces of "fear" from his father as IW tries to challenge his authority in subtle ways especially when it comes to Ma Ri. I think that the father may be blaming MR for his son's alleged "softness". But it won't be that easy to unseat or push IW from what he perceives he deserves, to be the "heir" to the company, afterall his father raised him to be like himself. "Blow someone's head off inorder not to die and don't let anyone betray you".

This drama is an adaptation of the Japanese drama a psychological/suspense thriller and the chase like Sleeping With the Enemy (and reasons for most of us watching who were also attracted by the superb interpreration and acting of RSY as the villain IW) which emphasized the plight of an abused woman at the hands of a mentally deranged man and her flight to safety ending in a romance with a kind, loving and mentally sound man, and not the brutal abuser. I wrote above as my understanding of this adaptation's interpretation of the character of the abusive husband in the J original, of how deviant, and warped In Wook's reasons were, for marrying Ma Ri which has no bearing on romantic feelings for Ma Ri, but everything to do with his twisted and violent mind which  was unfortunately shaped at the hands of a tyrannical, abusive and violent father. Ma Ri's face reminds him of his  mother whom he has complicated feelings of longing, guilt, resentment, blame and abandonment. His mother ran away many times leaving him and to a child especially an abused one, being left by mom must have felt or thought of as being abandoned, guilt for knowing that his mother came back because of him even if he must have been relieved and glad for her return and feelings of resentment, abandonment and unexpressed sorrow for her death when she killed herself, which the child In Wook witnessed and this time she left him for good. Mari's face attracted not the man but the child In Wook who is infinitely needy, clingy and insecure because of obsessive feelings of abandonment and being unloved which is expressed in ownership, violence, and imprisonment of the unfortunate person whose face he is attracted to because that face closely resembles the mother's face as if she were a twin.

In the very first episode, we already saw the many complex sides of IW (credits to the ace acting of the talented and gorgeous RSY and excellent writing, my POV) He came home to Ma Ri hugs her from the back and describes a savage scene which he just left and he is definitely stoked 

"I have been stalking a quarry and finally got the chance to rip it apart. I just left the hunting ground that reeked of blood and came home to you. I can't live without you, I just can't" and then tightens his back hug, gripping Ma Ri and kisses her neck. Ma Ri's body tightened, her face full of disgust and fear, her hands clenched wishing that she was anywhere else but where she was. The scene closes showing a "pot of water boiling and steam sizzling". IW was turned on, he had to come down from that high of killing and needed to express it in ways that at a long forgotten time may have been once interpreted by Ma Ri as loving but now loathsome but unable to refuse, her face showing pain. 

from the conversation in the 4th episode at the hunting grounds, it seems that it was IW's first kill. At the breakfast table when his father asked him for a report of what happened at the "Jeju project", IW refuses to give him the answer and said Director Choi will give the report. At the hunting grounds, IW's dad says that Director Choi showed him the pistol. Dad then starts laughing and proudly says that he inspected the pistol and it looked nice, that "every man in this world needs and loves to pull the trigger". IW had to prove to his father that he can pull the trigger himself and that he was "The Man". Then his father said, "you are just like me" and the face of IW changes to and expression of disagreement. He does not want to be like his father and yet his actions belie him because he does exactly as his father does. Another complication of his mind is the resentment to being likened to his father yet he does not have the mental tools and capacity to change because deeply, he does not believe that he can. He thinks that Ma Ri who has the face of his mother, can change him, that his salvation is Ma Ri. In other words it is all Ma Ri's fault for being who he is, his violence and cruelty. He does not have the mind of a man who is able to believe that he can change as change has to start with himself because he never had that concept instilled in him. 

still at the hunting grounds: "The world is a war zone. You must blow the other man's head first if you don't want to die. I brought you up to be strong so you don't miss a step, so that no one can betray you. If anyone betrays you, how dare them betray you, show them your power". IW aims again and downs another poor bird and dad proudly says, "you are indeed my son". 

the last scene of the first episode shows IW pointing a gun at a cowering Ma Ri at a corner of the bed and and pulls the trigger but tells Ma Ri not to worry because the gun is not loaded laughing. Then he fully loads the gun with bullets and puts the gun at Ma Ri's hand and challenges a frightened Ma Ri to pull the trigger. Forces Ma Ri's fingers into the trigger and laughing maniacally. He then stands up turns around holding the gun and pointing at the air saying he loves to shoot moving targets meaning he likes to stalk the target in flight, as that thrills him, before shooting it down but if it stays still, he won't shoot it  because that is not the  point of hunting and turns to MR, aiming the loaded gun again at Ma Ri's forehead and says BANG!!! 

The actor RSY expertly embodied, assumed the character and perfectly acted the part of IW in that scene so that there is no doubt for the viewers, how erractically crazy and dangerously psychotic IW could be and we love RSY for it and so was Park Ha Na as Ma Ri. Both actors dramatized that scene solidly. But I think even the actors RSY and PHN if asked would probably advise Ma Ri to run and stay away from the abusive husband, In Wook. This is 40 1/2 hour episodes which if broken down to 1 hour episodes will make it 20 episodes. Surely, if IW ends up in prison and gets counseling he can turn his life around but I doubt he would want to go back to a very broken relationship that reminds him of his past and his clinginess and to a woman whom he had hurt so much because her face reminded him of his mother, that she had to change her face to run away from him. 

Would Ma Ri even want to go back to him...puuuulease... she already has moved on to a gem of a man and a keeper Seo Jung Won

And now, Hae Ra.... well, her name reminds me of Hera the beautiful wife of Zeus in Greek mythology, queen of the gods, patroness of mariage and family yet she was also famous for her jealousy and vengeful acts towards the mistresses and many loves of her adulterous husband, Zeus.

Hae Ra  is in love with the doctor who is not her husband but whom she grew up with as it seems she was adopted by his mother, and has been by his side since they were children. JW thinks of her as family as she was also brought up with him, so has no romantic feelings for her. He treats her more like a sister. Hae Ra does not turn the subject of her jealousies into animals but she makes them into someone whom she thinks will become unattractive to JW. She thought that if she helped Dr Ha seduce HK into having an affair with him, that JW will know and will be get rid of HK. She became very angry when she realized that JW knew about his wife's infidelity but still loved her even when she went into a coma and died. Now, comes Ma Ri who is transformed into Ha Kyung's face and JW realized how dangerous her life had been and still is, if the crazy husband finds her and makes a pledge to help Ma Ri and unknowingly Hae Ra gave him that opportunity because....

On 3/17/2019 at 8:53 AM, bebebisous33 said:

JHR thought, YMR only had to act just for one meeting but this won't go the way she wants it. WHK will be pushed to keep acting as SJW's wife. Remember that she was the one who asked YMR to keep her distance from SJW which YMR did and now she is the one who asks the opposite.

haha, poor Hae Ra. I am waiting to see what she and IW will do next. Would it not be funny if they end together

Then there is Dr. Seo Jung Woon. I love his gentleness and caring attitude. Not only is he a surgeon but he also practices natural and herbal medicine. He makes healing foot soaks and teas out of his plants. He probably knows how to make beauty regimens such as lotions and massage oils and aroma therapy packs out of them too. Those plants must feel his caring because they are so healthy and bloom so beautifully. But I think and maybe some people do too, that the character of JW is lovable but he is so emotionally flat like a bland diet. I don't want to see another emo as there are too many of them runing around this neighborhood already. I just want to see an imperfection that makes him human as in maybe an opening of his feelings, like a mini breakdown when he meets and confesses to his mother the truth of what he had done and pour his grief, resentments and regrets.

One little tiny detail about Dr. Seo which I totally missed before he went abroad to attend a conference.In the 3rd episode Dr. Seo was looking up online about a news report on a research being done on a man who woke up after being in a vegetative state for years. I think he received a response back and the reason for his traveling to the US to attend a conference to learn more about the research. He has not given up on his wife waking up from coma.  That dashed all his hopes. 

His mother owns the convalescence home and she maybe a doctor, a nurse or a therapist. His mother is a kind and good person, I think she would understand and do anything to help her son. Give the character some spice and flavor.

On 3/17/2019 at 12:19 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Now I'm back to wonder, would KIW want to claim her back now that she has a new face... like the question I posted much earlier, his obsession was her face which resembles his mother. Now that it's changed, what would then be the reason he is still obsessed with her?

@ktcjdrama  that is why I am waiting for his reaction when he realizes that she has changed her face and is now living as the wife of JW. Remember what his dad said at the hunting ground. "I raised you to be strong and if anyone betrays you, how dare them betray you, how dare them, show them your power". Not only did Ma Ri run away but she dared to change her face which in IW's mind, he owned and the one who dared to change her face to the face of his wife is the doctor Ma Ri is living with as the wife. In the crazy husband's point of view, that is ultimate betrayal. How dare they betray him and take away the face of his obession, how dare they!!! If he ever gets her back, she will be in lock up and live more miserably than before. Will he get her back and how will he get her back...... 

IW may have chosen MR due to her resemblance to his mom at the beginning and that is normal.  Many males and females choose their mates due to some resemblance to their parents for whatever deeper psychological explanation may be.  It's not really important because as they live together there will be attachments of sort.  People fall in love in different ways.  And we will find out he would want her regardless of her appearance.  Possessiveness and obsessiveness don't sound positive but they're part of a romantic relationship.  People will view things differently depending on the person in question who act on it, how he expresses it and how it's portrayed.  I do believe IW loves MR but the way he expresses his affections is in his wrong twisted ways.  It's toward the extreme and dark spectrum of the human psyche.  

10 hours ago, zenya22 said:

This drama is an adaptation of the Japanese drama a psychological/suspense thriller and the chase like Sleeping With the Enemy (and reasons for most of us watching who were also attracted by the superb interpreration and acting of RSY as the villain IW) which emphasized the plight of an abused woman at the hands of a mentally deranged man and her flight to safety ending in a romance with a kind, loving and mentally sound man, and not the brutal abuser. I wrote above as my understanding of this adaptation's interpretation of the character of the abusive husband in the J original, of how deviant, and warped In Wook's reasons were, for marrying Ma Ri which has no bearing on romantic feelings for Ma Ri, but everything to do with his twisted and violent mind which  was unfortunately shaped at the hands of a tyrannical, abusive and violent father. Ma Ri's face reminds him of his  mother whom he has complicated feelings of longing, guilt, resentment, blame and abandonment. His mother ran away many times leaving him and to a child especially an abused one, being left by mom must have felt or thought of as being abandoned, guilt for knowing that his mother came back because of him even if he must have been relieved and glad for her return and feelings of resentment, abandonment and unexpressed sorrow for her death when she killed herself, which the child In Wook witnessed and this time she left him for good. Mari's face attracted not the man but the child In Wook who is infinitely needy, clingy and insecure because of obsessive feelings of abandonment and being unloved which is expressed in ownership, violence, and imprisonment of the unfortunate person whose face he is attracted to because that face closely resembles the mother's face as if she were a twin.

In the very first episode, we already saw the many complex sides of IW (credits to the ace acting of the talented and gorgeous RSY and excellent writing, my POV) He came home to Ma Ri hugs her from the back and describes a savage scene which he just left and he is definitely stoked 

"I have been stalking a quarry and finally got the chance to rip it apart. I just left the hunting ground that reeked of blood and came home to you. I can't live without you, I just can't" and then tightens his back hug, gripping Ma Ri and kisses her neck. Ma Ri's body tightened, her face full of disgust and fear, her hands clenched wishing that she was anywhere else but where she was. The scene closes showing a "pot of water boiling and steam sizzling". IW was turned on, he had to come down from that high of killing and needed to express it in ways that at a long forgotten time may have been once interpreted by Ma Ri as loving but now loathsome. 

from the conversation in the 4th episode at the hunting grounds, it seems that it was IW's first kill. At the breakfast table when his father asked him for a report of what happened at the "Jeju project", IW refuses to give him the answer and said Director Choi will give the report. At the hunting grounds, IW's dad says that Director Choi showed him the pistol. Dad then starts laughing and proudly says that he inspected the pistol and it looked nice, that "every man in this world needs and loves to pull the trigger". IW had to prove to his father that he can pull the trigger himself and that he was "The Man". Then his father said, "you are just like me" and the face of IW changes to and expression of disagreement. He does not want to be like his father and yet his actions belie him because he does exactly as his father does. Another complication of his mind is the resentment to being likened to his father yet he does not have the mental tools and capacity to change because deeply, he does not believe that he can. He thinks that Ma Ri who has the face of his mother, can change him, that his salvation is Ma Ri. In other words it is all Ma Ri's fault for being who he is, his violence and cruelty. He does not have the mind of a man who is able to believe that he can change as change has to start with himself because he never had that concept instilled in him. 

still at the hunting grounds: "The world is a war zone. You must blow the other man's head first if you don't want to die. I brought you up to be strong so you don't miss a step, so that no one can betray you. If anyone betrays you, how dare them betray you, show them your power". IW aims again and downs another poor bird and dad proudly says, "you are indeed my son". 

the last scene of the first episode shows IW pointing a gun at a cowering Ma Ri at a corner of the bed and and pulls the trigger but tells Ma Ri not to worry because the gun is not loaded laughing. Then he fully loads the gun with bullets and puts the gun at Ma Ri's hand and challenges a frightened Ma Ri to pull the trigger. Forces Ma Ri's fingers into the trigger and laughing maniacally. He then stands up turns around holding the gun and pointing at the air saying he loves to shoot moving targets meaning he likes to stalk the target in flight, as that thrills him, before shooting it down but if it stays still, he won't shoot it  because that is not the  point of hunting and turns to MR, aiming the loaded gun again at Ma Ri's forehead and says BANG!!! 

The actor RSY expertly embodied, assumed the character and perfectly acted the part of IW in that scene so that there is no doubt for the viewers, how erractically crazy and dangerously psychotic IW could be and we love RSY for it and so was Park Ha Na as Ma Ri. Both actors dramatized that scene solidly. But I think even the actors RSY and PHN if asked would probably advise Ma Ri to run and stay away from the abusive husband, In Wook. This is 40 1/2 hour episodes which if broken down to 1 hour episodes will make it 20 episodes. Surely, if IW ends up in prison and gets counseling he can turn his life around but I doubt he would want to go back to a very broken relationship that reminds him of his past and his clinginess and to a woman whom he had hurt so much because her face reminded him of his mother, that she had to change her face to run away from him. 

Would Ma Ri even want to go back to him...puuuulease... she already has moved on to a gem of a man and a keeper Seo Jung Won

And now, Hae Ra.... well, her name reminds me of Hera the beautiful wife of Zeus in Greek mythology, queen of the gods, patroness of mariage and family yet she was also famous for her jealousy and vengeful acts towards the mistresses and many loves of her adulterous husband, Zeus.

Hae Ra  is in love with the doctor who is not her husband but whom she grew up with as it seems she was adopted by his mother, and has been by his side since they were children. JW thinks of her as family as she was also brought up with him, so has no romantic feelings for her. He treats her more like a sister. Hae Ra does not turn the subject of her jealousies into animals but she makes them into someone whom she thinks will become unattractive to JW. She thought that if she helped Dr Ha seduce HK into having an affair with him, that JW will know and will be get rid of HK. She became very angry when she realized that JW knew about his wife's infidelity but still loved her even when she went into a coma and died. Now, comes Ma Ri who is transformed into Ha Kyung's face and JW realized how dangerous her life had been and still is, if the crazy husband finds her and makes a pledge to help Ma Ri and unknowingly Hae Ra gave him that opportunity because....

haha, poor Hae Ra. I am waiting to see what she and IW will do next. Would it not be funny if they end together

Then there is Dr. Seo Jung Woon. I love his gentleness and caring attitude. Not only is he a surgeon but he also practices natural and herbal medicine. He makes healing foot soaks and teas out of his plants. He probably knows how to make beauty regimens such as lotions and massage oils and aroma therapy packs out of them too. Those plants must feel his caring because they are so healthy and bloom so beautifully. But I think and maybe some people do too, that the character of JW is lovable but he is so emotionally flat like a bland diet. I don't want to see another emo as there are too many of them runing around this neighborhood already. I just want to see an imperfection that makes him human as in maybe an opening of his feelings, like a mini breakdown when he meets and confesses to his mother the truth of what he had done and pour his grief, resentments and regrets. His mother owns the convalescence home and she maybe a doctor, a nurse or a therapist. His mother is a kind and good person, I think she would understand and do anything to help her son. Give the character some spice and flavor. 

@ktcjdrama  that is why I am waiting for his reaction when he realizes that she has changed her face and is now living as the wife of JW. Remember what his dad said at the hunting ground. "I raised you to be strong and if anyone betrays you, how dare them betray you, how dare them, show them your power". Not only did Ma Ri run away but she dared to change her face which in IW's mind, he owned and the one who dared to change her face to the face of his wife is the doctor Ma Ri is living with as the wife. In the crazy husband's point of view, that is ultimate betrayal. How dare they betray him and take away the face of his obession, how dare they!!! If he ever gets her back, she will be in lock up and live more miserably than before. Will he get her back and how will he get her back...... 

@zenya22 I do not believe he blames YMR, but I think he blames her for leaving him alone, just thinking about getting away from him. This is a complicated part of the show that, I admit, I find difficult to understand. I think he can separate his mother very well from his wife, even though they look alike, he has demonstrated this several times with her, especially in the painting room when he tells her not to talk about his mother. But ... Anyway, it's complicated.

PHN and RSY was amazing together, I'm going to miss her soo much on this show! 

@ktcjdrama That's what we all want to see, the reaction of KIW when he find out everything. Not only did the YMR change her face, but she also "lives" as another man's wife and, worse, fell in love with him! He's going to freak out.

At the ending of episode 16, it is interesting how Jung Won and Ma Ri are both thinking ot the story of Hyacinthus a prince of Ancient Greek Mythology, the beloved of Apollo the god of the sun (warmth and growth) and Zephyrus the God of the wind (force, destruction=change) who killed Hyacinthus because he was jealous of Hyacinthus love affair with Apollo. Apollo, who was distrught prevented the soul to be taken by Hades and instead turned it into a flower, the hyacinth. More interesting is how the story is used to parallel  the lives of of  Ma Ri and Ha Kyung. Ha Kyung the love of Jung Won was killed in a car accident while she was with her lover who was flirting with her while she was driving and caused the accident. That lover ran off while poor Ha Kyung was brought to the hospital and ended in coma then died. Mari, whose life was slowly being suffocated and throttled by force and violence (wind god?) fakes her death and ends up being rescued by Jung Won (the sun god?) whose plants and flowers flourish with his warmth. Jung Won's voice over of the story ended with the killing of Hyacinthus as we see him walking away then change of the last scene to Ma Ri sitting beside a mirror and finishing the story with "a hyacinth flower bloomed where he died" and then faces the mirror looking at her face, "why do flowers bloom on places of tears and shadows?" 

I guess that means that at the death of Ha Kyung (hyacinth) another life (hyacinth) is born, Ma Ri? 

She's the main character. How is this gonna work?

Park Han Byul Requests To Adjust “Love In Sadness” Filming Schedule Following Husband’s Controversy

Park Han Byul requested a change in her recording schedule for her MBC drama “Love in Sadness,” in which she plays the female lead Yoon Ma Ri.

The actress’s husband, former CEO Yoo In Suk of Yuri Holdings and Seungri’s business partner, was revealed to have participated in chatrooms where sexual escort services were seemingly arranged for foreign investors. Further reports brought up a corrupt connection between members of the chatroom and Senior Superintendent Police Officer Yoon, and it was later revealed that Park Han Byul was also acquainted with the officer.

Park Han Byul previously stated that she will continue to film the drama to avoid causing harm to those working hard for the show.

On March 20, the actress’s agency Fly Up Entertainment revealed, “Because the actress is having a hard time due to the recent events, we made a request to the production staff to adjust her filming schedule and wrap up filming her parts more quickly.”

The production staff have not made a decision on this yet.

The 40-episode drama has aired 16 episodes as of March 20. However, the drama began filming around the end of last year, and only a month remains for the drama to wrap up filming. The script for the final episode was completed today.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1311483wpp/park-han-byul-requests-to-adjust-love-in-sadness-filming-schedule-following-husbands-controversy

5 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

She's the main character. How is this gonna work?

Park Han Byul Requests To Adjust “Love In Sadness” Filming Schedule Following Husband’s Controversy

Park Han Byul requested a change in her recording schedule for her MBC drama “Love in Sadness,” in which she plays the female lead Yoon Ma Ri.

The actress’s husband, former CEO Yoo In Suk of Yuri Holdings and Seungri’s business partner, was revealed to have participated in chatrooms where sexual escort services were seemingly arranged for foreign investors. Further reports brought up a corrupt connection between members of the chatroom and Senior Superintendent Police Officer Yoon, and it was later revealed that Park Han Byul was also acquainted with the officer.

Park Han Byul previously stated that she will continue to film the drama to avoid causing harm to those working hard for the show.

On March 20, the actress’s agency Fly Up Entertainment revealed, “Because the actress is having a hard time due to the recent events, we made a request to the production staff to adjust her filming schedule and wrap up filming her parts more quickly.”

The production staff have not made a decision on this yet.

The 40-episode drama has aired 16 episodes as of March 20. However, the drama began filming around the end of last year, and only a month remains for the drama to wrap up filming. The script for the final episode was completed today.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1311483wpp/park-han-byul-requests-to-adjust-love-in-sadness-filming-schedule-following-husbands-controversy

What a misfortune this comes right now, in this moment. 

I totally watched the 16 episodes in a day without forwarding. Somehow even thought I know IW is abuser. i feel like he is loving her in his own twisted way that should be fixed. Ji Hyun Woo isnt really on par with charming Ryu Soo Young. I try to love him as the first lead though. I liked Ma Ri as previous actress but still okey with Park Han Byul. 

Spoiler

I am guessing here but I think  a few more episodes into the future, the question will be not about IW finding out where his wife is, or who his wife has become but instead "who shot IW?'" 

I believe Ma Ri who had been married to IW for 5 years, who endured all the beatings, abuse, imprisonment and put downs when she said "he really does not want me but he just wants me looking like his mother and why he never hits my face" ... and "what attracted him was my painting in my graduation that the face in the painting looked like the face of his mother" .....for sure IW is not like other men who gets attracted to a woman for some characteristic that reminds them of mom but they are not IW

6 hours ago, zenya22 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I am guessing here but I think  a few more episodes into the future, the question will be not about IW finding out where his wife is, or who his wife has become but instead "who shot IW?'" 

I believe Ma Ri who had been married to IW for 5 years, who endured all the beatings, abuse, imprisonment and put downs when she said "he really does not want me but he just wants me looking like his mother and why he never hits my face" ... and "what attracted him was my painting in my graduation that the face in the painting looked like the face of his mother" .....for sure IW is not like other men who gets attracted to a woman for some characteristic that reminds them of mom but they are not IW

I really don't believe that YMR only attracts him because she has the face of his mother...

52 minutes ago, juli® said:

I really don't believe that YMR only attracts him because she has the face of his mother...

what matters really is what YMR believes she is the character in the drama no?

1 hour ago, Shinobu said:

I shouldn't be in denial aymore.  Makes a lot of sense for MR to shoot IW.

who says MR shot IW? no one knows... IW has many enemies... 

Archived