Network: MBC

Genre: Melodrama, Family

Episodes: 48

Airdate: Saturdays @ 21:00 KST

Airtime: November 24th, 2018 - February 16th, 2019

Directed by: Yoon Jae Moon

Written by: Hong Young Hee

Synopsis:

It is a melodrama about two married couples that choose to put their ethics and morals aside as they make a bold choice in order to save the lives of their dying children.

Han Chae Young will be playing the role of Seo Ji Young, an anchorwoman and talk show host who is also fiercely devoted to her children. Bae Soo Bin will star as Kim Jae Wook, the heir to a large architecture firm who is willing to lay everything on the line and stand up against his family in order to protect his children.

Cast:

Han Chae Young as Seo Ji Young

300_400_ji.jpg

Bae Soo Bin as Kim Jae Wook

300_400_kim.jpg

Oh Yoon Ah as Woo Na Kyung

300_400_woo.jpg

Lee Chun Hee as Song Min Ho

300_400_min.jpg

Character Chart:

cast-v1.jpg

Credit: MBC

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] A Promise with the Gods, 신과의 약속 - Han Chae Young & Bae Soo Bin - Saturdays @ 21:00 KST - Premieres on November 24th after Hide and Seek
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Chun Hee And Oh Yoon Ah Cast In Upcoming Drama

Oct 1, 2018
by J. Lee (soompi)

Oh Yoon Ah and Lee Chun Hee will be acting in MBC’s upcoming drama, “A Promise with the Gods” (literal translation) alongside Han Chae Young and Bae Soo Bin.

“A Promise with the Gods” is a melodrama about two married couples that choose to put their ethics and morals aside as they make a bold choice in order to save the lives of their dying children.

Woo Na Kyung (played by Oh Yoon Ah) is a lawyer from a poor family. She realized from an early age that studying hard is the only way for her to gain success. She is high school friends with Seo Ji Young (played by Han Chae Young), and the relationship between the two will be the main conflict in the drama’s plot. Song Min Ho (played by Lee Chun Hee) is a businessman who imports hardwood. He is a big fan of Seo Ji Young, and is her trustworthy assistant.

Viewers are curious as to how Woo Na Kyung and Song Min Ho will first meet in the drama. Oh Yoon Ah captured viewers’ attention by playing many different attractive roles from an evil femme fatale to a strong mother or a relatable sloppy girl. She appeared in dramas like “Saimdang, Light’s Diary,” “Yeonnam-dong 539,” and “The Undateables.” Viewers are also anticipating Lee Chun Hee’s acting, since he showed many charms through playing diverse roles that were serious, comical, and charismatic. He appeared in dramas like “I Remember You” and “Take Care of Us, Captain.”

Lee Chun Hee will be reuniting with Han Chae Young after 13 years from the premiere of the drama, “Only You.” Han Chae Young played the female lead Cha Eun Jae and Lee Chun Hee played the supporting actor Jung Hyun Sung who fell in love in Cha Eun Jae. The reunion of the two in “A Promise with the Gods” are making fans excited once again.

“A Promise with the Gods” will premiere on November 24, 9 p.m. KST.

• 2 weeks later...

Ji Hyun Woo In Talks To Join Han Chae Young, Lee Chun Hee, And Oh Yoon Ah In New Drama

Ji Hyun Woo In Talks To Join Han Chae Young, Lee Chun Hee, And Oh Yoon Ah In New Drama

Oct 22, 2018
by S. Park

Ji Hyun Woo may be returning with a new drama!

On October 22, a source from the drama department said, “Ji Hyun Woo will be the male lead of ‘I Love When I’m Sad” (literal title). [Viewers] will be able to see him five months after the end of ‘Risky Romance.'”

In response, MBC stated, “Ji Hyun Woo is finalizing his schedule to appear in the new weekend drama ‘I Love When I’m Sad.'”

“I Love When I’m Sad” is a remake of the 1999 Japanese TBS drama “Beautiful Person” (literal title) by writer Nojima Shinji. The production company purchased the copyrights and viewers will be able to watch the drama in February 2019 on MBC.

The drama is about a woman who’s being chased, a man who’s chasing her, and a man who hides her. It’ll tell the story of a dangerous chase, secret desire, and charming characters.

Ji Hyun Woo will appear as a man named Ohn Ji Sung who loves the female lead.

Actors Han Chae Young, Bae Soo Bin, Oh Yoon Ah, Lee Chun Hee, and more have been confirmed for the drama. “I Love When I’m Sad” is scheduled to premiere in February 2019

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] A Promise with the Gods, 신과의 약속 - Han Chae Young & Bae Soo Bin - Saturdays @ 21:00 KST - Premieres on November 24th
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] A Promise with the Gods, 신과의 약속 - Han Chae Young & Bae Soo Bin - Saturdays @ 21:00 KST - Premieres TONIGHT

Going by the first four episodes, saying that they put their morals and ethics aside is a giant understatement. Not sure where this is going, but it appears that everyone hates everyone, obsession to their kids is beyond insanity, and I can't stop watching to see what really stupid thing the characters do next.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] A Promise with the Gods, 신과의 약속 - Saturdays @ 21:00 KST

All I just want to know if that is the only solution? Having another child between them? If so, then can he just be the sperm donor? Is that still against the rule? 

Interesting how the mother said if people get divorced because one's cheating then there will be no married couples left...True?

The scene at the cafe when her anger breaks the glass was scary. Han Chae Young seems to be more mature and is doing pretty okay so far. I like :)

And yes, I want to see what will happen next.

@TRAN I agree with you that they should look into other solutions first before going into that decision. It just seems rushed to me, Instead of feeling that they had no choice. It’s not the matter to think lightly either unless they are going to get married again. Since there will be another child born with an incomplete family.  There are so many unrealistic things in this drama but then again it’s a drama and the characters are forced to make all these decisions.

again this is such a sensitive topic and I applause the actors for taking such roles. If they deliver well, this can be the good opportunities for their career. 

One thing I notice, Han Chae young definitely steps outside the stereotyped role (rich, cold woman). Seeing her having such a light nature makeup is a change too. 

When I was in high school there were parents in our area who had a second child to provide stems cells for their daughter with leukemia. I went to Catholic School, and it was a hot topic in our Ethics class. I believe they used in vitro fertilization and genetic testing which caused a lot of debate too. I remember keeping my mouth shut because it was a sensitive topic and people had VERY strong opinions about it. 

Of course, these parents weren't married to other people and weren't living out k-drama tropes lol. I think the topic is an interesting one but the makjang heavy plot will probably turn this into a hate watch lol. 

this sounds intresting. i'm really thinking on watching this. 

about the topic having a second child save the first. I have watch couple of uk series and movies where they have the same issue. those  where pretty good. the parents were divorced and married to other people.  But this is Kdrama and makjang so this can go either way. GOod or bad.

2 hours ago, crystaltears said:

Interesting drama. Am I the only one who laughed at the end of that preview? "Let's go. Let's make another child" that line just sounded cringey/embarrassing :lol: The thread here looks empty, is no one really watching this drama?

I just finished watching the first 2 eps. Thought its quite interesting. Will definitely be interested to watch more. I like all the tough emotional decisions it's forcing ppl to make.. makjang though it may be. Also, i checked out the ratings, and its doing quite well? Last ep got 12% rating! Not a bad start.. given that its MBC, and on saturday nites? 

Only You is one of my all time favorite dramas. I love how HCY is wearing simple make up and simple clothes. She is much more beautiful now. I enjoyed watching her reality show, sister something. I also noticed her body is much more proportioned now than when she was younger. KUDOS to her.

Just watching Ep 1 so have not seen much. I just want to say, her friend who stole her husband is so pathetic. I hate women like that who forces themselves on men who doesnt really love them. I am glad HCY doesnt back down ... she has every right being the rightful woman that BSB truly loves. After scheming to steal BSB from HCY, it irritates me to see her act like she never did anything wrong to HCY.

Back to watching....

@stargazer187 ~ I watched it and it wasn't melo at all despite the dim lighting and the subject matter. it actually didn't feel sad at all. :sweatingbullets: hahahha... so am curious enough to keep watching. kekekeke... maybe because it has a bit of makjang flavour? :D ... so what I liked is that ji young isn't a pushover and is really quite strong.

actually liked jae wook's sister and am curious to why her in-laws hate her and blame her for the son and husband's death. it almost seems like her life in LA are a kind of rebellion? but she seems so mature and considerate. it was not like she threw a fit when jae wook asked if she and her son would be willing to take a blood test. so, she doesn't come across as the typical rich spoiled sister and so curious to see what is the story there.. 

the duels between the sister and na kyung are really fun to watch. na kyung is supremely unhappy; did she expect that announcer will just say, "yea, lets continue to be friends?" kekekeke... and she acted like she had more rights on jae wook because she knew him earlier. :sweatingbullets: ..

but it was interesting to see how unhappy she is because jae wook is completely indifferent to her in many ways. and the harder she tries, the more she pushes him away. he basically sees his relationship with her as a kind of punishment for himself. it is also interesting to see how she has no place in her in-laws family, they tolerate her but she isn't really accepted as they see her as poisonous and disloyal..

the person I really felt sorry for was min ho, ji young's second husband. wonder how she met him and got married but he seems like a genuinely good fellow and as accommodating as possible to jae wook's position as a father. so this betrayal is really going to hurt him.

@TRAN @AnhH ~ so asked uncle google and apparently there were parents who did this but but these articles were old as in 2007 and a bit later. there are no present articles. the drama's time line also shows this as we are seeing flashback. so perhaps, now, there are more options but at that time, it was limited? so the kid in the train station seemed to be a teenager and so guessing that was hyun woo?

but it is the whole logistics of having another child to save the first one that gets me spinning. so if the kid has leukemia, what is the time frame the child has? asking uncle google and it is very unclear - but based on some info, it looks like possibly 3 to 5 years on diagnosis if not cured???? 

and how exactly do they make sure to get pregnant? even if a couple is fertile and trying, it is not like everyone gets pregnant on the first try. and then you have to wait for the next month. and then even if you get pregnant, you have to wait 9 months for baby to be born to get the cord blood. and then when the baby is born, there is only 25% chance it will be a match. so basically a gamble that could take up to a year and the sick child has to be well enough till then... 

Archived