Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] A Promise with the Gods, 신과의 약속

Hello anybody here?

Now, this is what you call drama. They did have a time jump and the children are leading the charge of the Secret Discovery Mission. All the children have met, little brother Jeon Soo, big brother Hyun Woo and oldest child cousin Seun Hoon at the swimming pool. I have a feeling that big sister Jae Hee has found out the secrets behind Jeon Soo's birth and the twisted reasonings and actions of her sister in law, Na Kyung for practically stealing Ji Young's baby. All she has to figure out is who donated the stem cells that saved Hyun Woo because most of her family including her son donated and did not match but someone did. Now, there is this child whom NK claims is her child. Jae Hee is smart enough to put 2 and 2 together. I bet she will be looking at those medical records. Seung Hoon, Jae Hee's son, is the bad boy amongst the grandchildren. There is also a story with his daddy. Wonder who his daddy is and why they are separated from him. I hope the drama will also tell there story. 

I don't understand Ji Young's reasons for giving up her baby and from these recent episodes, she looked like she is very distressed about losing her child. She occupied herself dedicating most of her time to keeping Hyun Woo alive and healthy and to her family, she looks content until she had that talk with her mother. Maybe she wanted to show her gratitude to JW for his part in saving their son, Hyun Woo's life or she wanted her son to know his father. Or she uses her baby to get revenge on Na Kyung and JW. Whatever her reasons are, Ji Young shows now that she was never content with giving her baby up. Na Kyung trusted her to keep her word since she did not insist on Ji Young's signing the pre delivery provisional agreements to her detriment. Na Kyung is at a disadvantage but she is too insecurely dumb to know it. She was advised by her mother in law and husband to quit the TV show because it could get complicated. If she and Ji Young were in the show would not her young son see his bio mother in the show too? Then on the welcome to JY team dinner, NK calls JW to pick her up just to let JY know whose husband he is. On the team's way out of the restaurant, JW arrives to pick up NK who starts sidling up to JW to show him off especially to JY but then Min Ho arrives with his car to pick up JY smiling and waving and JY calls "honey" laughing and smiling running to the car not even acknowledging JW and NK's display. JW ended looking at JY with longing sad eyes and NK with frustrated and angry expression as if eggs were thrown at her face. That made me laugh so much. 

Grandfather KIm does not want to recognize Hyun Woo as part of his family and showers all attention to Jeon Soo and the "alledged" mother Na Kyung. I wonder what he would do or what would happen to him when he realizes the truth that Na Kyung is not the mother of Jeon Soo that in fact Ji Young is and Na Kyung faked her pregnancy to have a child so she can bilk the company off him? I want to see that too. A box of eggs thrown to his face expression. 

How about JW arranging secret meetings with Hyun Woo without anyone of the other parents knowing? I think that will be where NK will allege an affair even if no affair happened. The secret meetings without anyone knowing will be bases for NK to take JY to court to fight for custody and allege and affair??  but NK again will be shooting her own feet like her mother in law stated. NK is a combination of too much pride, insecurity and desperation, her emotions cloud her judgements. Now, regarding the secret meetings.... Was Hyun Woo ever told not to trust in strangers? I mean, his teacher makes him meet this strange man and dine with him, and after dinner asks to hug him? He was never told about meeting with strangers? Then the stranger tells him that they both go to Barcelona to see the Gaudi architect's work? I would have wanted Dad to encourage son to visit Barcelona and study the works of Gaudi maybe a handshake for now since he is a stranger to the son. I would have thought a protective mother like JY taught her son safety/safeguard measures better? I guess we are to assume that HW will know better next time? Even if he did not fight for his child and marriage the first time, at least JW is now trying to support HW even if in secret. But that might blow up the secrets wide open. 

I do feel sorry for Min Ho. I like him a lot. He is a good man, husband and father. He was there for Hyun Woo and JY through all their travails. I really hope MH and JY don't break up because he deserves the love of his family. I wonder why he and JY did not have a child together. I love that they moved to the country where the environment fit Hyun Woo better. Not too much clogged air, more organic food, cleaner and easier way of living. I really, really hope, In woo not be blindsided here. He needs a good ending too. 

I can't help feeling anxious whenever I see HW with a nosebleed. Please don't let him die. He will be the saviour of his family. I can't wait to see what happens next. The preview, where he collapsed.... no....don't die. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, zenya22 said:

I do feel sorry for In Woo. I like him a lot. He is a good man, husband and father. He was there for Hyun Woo and JY through all their travails. I really hope IW and JY don't break up because he deserves the love of his family. I wonder why he and JY did not have a child together. I love that they moved to the country where the environment fit Hyun Woo better. Not too much clogged air, more organic food, cleaner and easier way of living. I really, really hope, In woo not be blindsided here. He needs a good ending too. 

he seems like a such genuine bloke. definitely needs a good ending for him. as for having a child with him, perhaps she couldn't have any more kids? looks like she had some sort of complication which is why she was unconscious.. so maybe thats why...

• Like 7

ugh... now that I have watched both the episodes, am not sure how I feel about about the 3 leads - ji young, jae wook and na kyung. ji young feels like she is riling the beast for no reason other than she can't let go of the past.. umm, what about the kids? do they deserve to have their worlds turned upside down because of how she feels? already teenager hyun woo feels stifled by her over-protectiveness and fear that he feels that he may not live up to 20. and to think that his mom had another kid just for him?

and we know that jae wook is his biological dad but in a way, it is creepy that some random dude who is a friend of a teacher is hugging him and having lunch? :o especially in this day when there are all sorts of bad people.. @zenya22 ~ felt like saying, hyun woo, be careful!

and na kyung, she may be a witch but she seems to be genuinely love joon soo. she obviously sees the pluses he brings in her life but at the same time, she is a good mother. however, her relationship to jae wook seems as frayed as before. so these two fake it in front of their kid as well?... and how exactly did ji young expect na kyung to react? to say "here's your kid; hug him?" :blink:..obviously, she is going to be possessive because she sees him as her son. 

@zenya22 ~ really don't understand ji young's reasoning at all because it is especially unfair for all the innocent players -- in joon, hyun woo, joon soo. in a way, ji young also seems as obsessed with bloodlines as the chairman. she gave up the child. she didn't raise him. whether she likes it or not, na kyung is the kid's mother. not her. but instead of focusing on the child and husband she does have, she is stuck on pause button for the past.

yea, na kyung stole jae wook from her but she seems to have not forgiven her for that.. because of that, she still seems to be stuck on jae wook in a way. poor in joon, after all this time, she can only be thankful for him. the poor fella is super dedicated but there is no one there to hear his thoughts, his fears and give him love. why isn't she the one comforting him? soothing his fears and insecurities? :wacko:

but as usual, jae hee, the sister gives crackling dialogues. and it looks like she is bent on taking over the company as some sort of revenge? and what role will her son seon hoon play?

• Like 7

On 12/10/2018 at 8:19 AM, Lmangla said:

ugh... now that I have watched both the episodes, am not sure how I feel about about the 3 leads - ji young, jae wook and na kyung. ji young feels like she is riling the beast for no reason other than she can't let go of the past.. umm, what about the kids? do they deserve to have their worlds turned upside down because of how she feels? already teenager hyun woo feels stifled by her over-protectiveness and fear that he feels that he may not live up to 20. and to think that his mom had another kid just for him?

and we know that jae wook is his biological dad but in a way, it is creepy that some random dude who is a friend of a teacher is hugging him and having lunch? :o especially in this day when there are all sorts of bad people.. @zenya22 ~ felt like saying, hyun woo, be careful!

and na kyung, she may be a witch but she seems to be genuinely love joon soo. she obviously sees the pluses he brings in her life but at the same time, she is a good mother. however, her relationship to jae wook seems as frayed as before. so these two fake it in front of their kid as well?... and how exactly did ji young expect na kyung to react? to say "here's your kid; hug him?" :blink:..obviously, she is going to be possessive because she sees him as her son. 

@zenya22 ~ really don't understand ji young's reasoning at all because it is especially unfair for all the innocent players -- in joon, hyun woo, joon soo. in a way, ji young also seems as obsessed with bloodlines as the chairman. she gave up the child. she didn't raise him. whether she likes it or not, na kyung is the kid's mother. not her. but instead of focusing on the child and husband she does have, she is stuck on pause button for the past.

yea, na kyung stole jae wook from her but she seems to have not forgiven her for that.. because of that, she still seems to be stuck on jae wook in a way. poor in joon, after all this time, she can only be thankful for him. the poor fella is super dedicated but there is no one there to hear his thoughts, his fears and give him love. why isn't she the one comforting him? soothing his fears and insecurities? :wacko:

but as usual, jae hee, the sister gives crackling dialogues. and it looks like she is bent on taking over the company as some sort of revenge? and what role will her son seon hoon play?

I agree with everything you posted. I stll don't like Na Kyung, but like you said she is a good mother. The fact though that her MIL and husband know that she faked the pregnancy and the baby is Ji Young's, makes them feel like they have more rights to the kid than her? as in MIL telling NK that Jeon Soo is to sleep in her house rather than in his parent's house. How many times does that happen?  Na Kyung still does not know that MIL knows she faked her pregnancy.

And why did JY give up her son to give to JW if she can't forget and forgive? Why did she not keep him? Maybe she thinks that JW will demand for the rights to the child? I mean he was concieved through IUI, and for necessity, but still her baby. Or at that time, she also considered Min Ho's feelings so gave up her baby to the sperm donor father? Then she should consider In Min Hos feelings now. Min Ho is a good man and the only one whom Hyun Woo knew as his father from his babyhood. It has been 16 years since the divorce from JW, and she still is unforgiving and wants to hurt him back? If the secret is revealed and Hyun Woo gets close to JW who has been meeting with him clandestinely, does Hyun Woo forget about Min Ho who has been his father for the last 16 years and just run to JW? What does that make Hyun Woo? What does that make JY? How about young Jeon Soo, who will be as confused as ever especially when he is being pulled between mom and grandma and now another woman claiming to be his mother? But I guess, this is life taking care of what has not been forgotten and forgiven. I really want to see what the sister in law does from now. 

I don't know what JW is hanging on to NK for. It seems like a marriage in hell. 

• Like 5

I blamed all of this to NWK. When will this evil wench get her karma? She keeps making people around her are in misery. Asking people to understand her and get their sympathy. The the most evil of all evil. 

I feel deeply hurt seeing how JY bear with all of that all these years. She lives just because she barely can breathe. She smiles but she never feels happy. I feel sorry for her husband too. But I can't blame JY for not giving her heart to him. JY didn't seem to love him. She just being thankful. She might have tried to love him but I guess he's the only one who's in love all this time. He's better let her go. 

And I love the father and son meet and have a special date together. The reunion of the brothers are also so touching. I love when JW's sister said that the real mom is coming. Ah... waiting for next episodes. 

• Like 4

@zenya22 ~ have the same exact questions as you; am not sure why jae wook is holding on to this marriage if he hates na kyung so much. at least he can give her respect as the mother of his child because she has been a good loving mother. if they go down this track that blood is thicker than water and therefore adopted relationships don't count, will be very disappointed. it will be a disservice to both in joon and na kyung who have been good parents.

as for ji young and jae wook, not sure what their deal is. they have been married for over 16+ years and they are still holding on their past which is actually unfair for everyone. why get married to in joon if she could not move on? he is a good man who deserves to be loved... na kyung may be a witch @stargazer187 but she is not loved at all. and she is in this miserable marriage because she is still yearning for jae wook. so that itself is torture. so she already got karma. no need for extra in a way...

this mess is really going to impact the kids the most and so we will have to see how this shakes down.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

as for ji young and jae wook, not sure what their deal is. they have been married for over 16+ years and they are still holding on their past which is actually unfair for everyone. why get married to in joon if she could not move on? he is a good man who deserves to be loved... na kyung may be a witch @stargazer187 but she is not loved at all. and she is in this miserable marriage because she is still yearning for jae wook. so that itself is torture. so she already got karma. no need for extra in a way...

this mess is really going to impact the kids the most and so we will have to see how this shakes down.

I want her to suffer more. Like losing all her position in the company. I'm so pissed of her who considering herself as the victim as well. Just like JY said she always takes what isn't hers. And she never really regret of doing so. That makes her unforgivable. 

Well, all this mess are so frustrating. Lol. 

You know I'm watching this with so much excitement at first but it's not like that now. I want the trial scene they shown at the beginning. I wonder what happened in there, is she trying to get her son back. Seems like HW's condition isn't too well. I wonder whether his leukemia is healed completely or he has to be treated all his life. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Seems like HW's condition isn't too well. I wonder whether his leukemia is healed completely or he has to be treated all his life.

yea I don't know if he is really sick or if he is worried that he will relapse because his parents have made him so afraid with their over protectiveness.... but if he falls sick again, then will joon soo have to donate again?

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

yea I don't know if he is really sick or if he is worried that he will relapse because his parents have made him so afraid with their over protectiveness.... but if he falls sick again, then will joon soo have to donate again?

If he can donate again, they have to reveal all the secret and I'm sure NWK won't allow that. And also that chairman won't approve this. Even HW is his grandson. He only consider JS as the only one. And he cherish his company than his family. JS is not just his grandson but he'll be his successor. 

The over-protection he gets burdened him and that makes him feels more sick. I feel sorry for him. I hope he'll be okay. JY might go crazy if HW is sick again. I'm worried that she'll think of having another baby to save him. Things will be more complicated and I see no happy ending of it. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

if they go down this track that blood is thicker than water and therefore adopted relationships don't count, will be very disappointed. it will be a disservice to both in joon and na kyung who have been good parents.

@Lmangla yes, it will  be very disappointing if they cherish the notion of blood is thicker than water idea. Relationships that are based on caring and love will nourish the same sentiment with the other relationships such as children and so on and relationships that are hung on to, for the sake of money, blood, greed and hate nourish the same. Look at the family of Jae Wook. The chairman will get his share of disappointment when he realizes that the mother of his heir is not the real mother. That she "stole" the baby to be the mother of the heir to the company. therefore give her control of the company as she is doing now. What if the chairman changes his mind again and looks at another grandson to take over the company? How good a mother will Na Kyung be? And that is bothersome to me, that Na Kyung cherishes the child because she thinks he will be the heir to the company. She wants control of the company so the child has to follow her goals. What if Jeon Seo has other goals and does not want to have anything to do with the company? How good a mother will she be then? Her having a child is all about her, and from my POV has the same mentality as the father in law. She will nag the poor child to do what she wants. Right now, Jeon Soo already has the mindset of having to be first and best which is good outlook but what if he gets 2nd or 3rd best, what then? Na Kyung is like her father in law who is stuck to the notion of blood is family and matters more than anyone else. It seems to me that the father of JW is into nourishing and caring for the company for the extension of his blood family. And this is so old fashioned and probably because of how blood ties and "family" are regarded in their world and makes for a good drama. In this 21st century, in many parts of the world, companies survive and flourish because the founders of companies look for competent and adept people to work, manage and take over and continue the work and not necessarily family. It is a contribution of many. But I digress. 

Anyway, back to the drama, maybe the chairman will cherish Na kyung no matter what he learns because they have the same attitude/mentality but woe to poor Jeon Soo whose mother loves him for what she could use him for. Jae Wook clashes with his father because he wants his other son from his former marriage acknowledged and he also differs on how to run the company. It seems the his father is stuck on the old fashioned way of running the company and Jae Wook has other ideas. Now, Jae Wook hungs on to Na Kyung and his toxic marriage because he needs someone to care for his son Jeon Soo. Not fair for Na Kyung and Jeon Soo either. He should have just been a sperm donor and left it at that. No attachments. Let Min Ho and Ji Young have the baby and their loving family. But then there will be no drama. 

Maybe that is where this drama is going. Family of blood ties versus family nourished with care, love and gratitude. I would really hate to see Hyun Woo disregard Min Ho who has been his father since babyhood and go running to Jae Wook this stranger whom just appeared in his life and tells him he is the father? Where was he for the last 16+ years of his growing up? And JY, don't tell me she is still into JW the man who got her best friend pregnant while they were married and then proceeded to marry the woman he cheated with and then years later, meet her son behind her back, disregarding and disrespecting the feelings of the parents, Min Ho and Ji Young? Don't tell me that JY is still into him? I really, really hope that JY and JW will not be the end game therefore disregard Min Ho who is the one good person, husband and father in this drama, it will be a disappointment. 

@Lmangla...yea I don't know if he is really sick or if he is worried that he will relapse becausis parents have made him so afraid with their over protectiveness.... but if he falls sick again then will joon soo have to donate again?.... not necessarily if the cord blood has been preserved in a special lab. Nowadays, medical science recognize the requisite and importance of cord blood in saving lives and some mothers opt to donate and preserve the cord blood. However it is very expensive and not many labs are equipped to do so. Maybe in the future science will have a better and more affordable solution. But back to the drama, JY was unconscious at the time of birth and Min Ho was busy caring for both JY and Hyun Woo and Na Kyung only cared about the baby and pretending to be post natal. So the only one who could have wanted and have the cord blood preserved for future use will be JW and he has the money to afford to pay the lab for the cost and because if the cord blood was preserved there will be no need to ask donation from Jeon Soo. This was very necessary for JW to do inorder to keep the secret of Jeon Soo's birth mother??? We shall see

• Like 5

I think HW is probably sick again since that would start the dominoes falling.

I feel the most for MH and the kids. JY is not in love with MH, and I think whatever love she does feel is all mixed up with gratitude and guilt. I do feel for JY regarding the child she gave up. Not all mothers that put a child up for adoption come to peace with the decision, and JY's situation was especially complicated. I think she thought giving him to JW was for the best, but living with the reality was difficult. She had the baby for his stem cells so major guilt there. The pregnancy must have been incredibly lonely. She didn't get to see or hold the baby after he was born or say goodbye.Then she couldn't talk about her feelings with MH or her mother since they wanted to forget or for her to forget. What she needed was counseling.

JW secretly meeting HW made me mad. I get the impulse, but dude, no. 

@Lmangla @zenya22 I will definitely be disappointed if they send the message that adoptive relationships don't matter as much as biological ones.

• Like 7

On 12/12/2018 at 12:49 PM, qynn said:

I think HW is probably sick again since that would start the dominoes falling.

I feel the most for MH and the kids. JY is not in love with MH, and I think whatever love she does feel is all mixed up with gratitude and guilt. I do feel for JY regarding the child she gave up. Not all mothers that put a child up for adoption come to peace with the decision, and JY's situation was especially complicated. I think she thought giving him to JW was for the best, but living with the reality was difficult. She had the baby for his stem cells so major guilt there. The pregnancy must have been incredibly lonely. She didn't get to see or hold the baby after he was born or say goodbye.Then she couldn't talk about her feelings with MH or her mother since they wanted to forget or for her to forget. What she needed was counseling.

JW secretly meeting HW made me mad. I get the impulse, but dude, no. 

@Lmangla @zenya22 I will definitely be disappointed if they send the message that adoptive relationships don't matter as much as biological ones.

@qynn well said, thank you and I see what you mean. The situation was so complicated, since it involved exes so, yes, the emotions she must have felt as a mother and a wife and a woman, grief of losing, guilt and loneliness and she could not talk about her feelings with anyone including her mother. Now, I understand and I do agree, she needed counseling. Maybe she still needs it now, and maybe MH needs the counseling with her too because they need to talk. 

• Like 6

Na Kyung is a wreck, a walking time bomb. Every time she feels uncertain about her position as a daughter in law, Madame of Cheonji Group, wife and mother, she threatens Ji Young and Jae Hee and plans some ruse to destroy them, their families especially their sons. Just like her mother in law said, she keeps shooting at her own feet and soon she will have no feet to stand on. She is like a suicide bomber carrying a load of explosives on her back and ready to self destruct at anytime. The saddest part is that she is unaware of the destructive forces she carries that drives her to self immolation. Her behavior is repulsive but she is also very pitiful as she is miserable. 

It is interesting how it is revealed that Na Kyung is an orphan who was raised by Ji Young's mom. It is no wonder Ji Young was resentful and unforgiving.  It is like a sister having an affair with her brother in law.  The taste of betrayal must have been so acidic and painful. I would not blame Ji Young for not wanting to have anything to do with Jae Wook and his wrecking ball wife, Na Kyung. Jae Wook must have known the relationship of Ji Young to Na Kyung. Also, the revelation of why Jae Wook married Na Kyung because Ji Young's mother was blamed for causing the miscarriage of Na Kyung and Na Kyung did not bother to clarify that her miscarriage had nothing to do with Ji Young's mom. Mom was jailed for "killing" the Cheonji grandson which is not quite easy to prove but money and connection speaks. So, Jae Wook sacrificed himself for the sake of his ex mother in law which positioned Na Kyung to bear the cross and she does not even know it. 

Then there is sister in law Jae Hee who was lapping it all up.... the hysterics of Na Kyung at the swimming pool when the brothers met by coincidence. Jae Hee showed the picture of Jeon Soo with Hyun Woo and all the other participants of the swim meet to grandpa who noticed the older boy next to Jeon Soo and Jae Hee told pop that it was his other grandson. Chairman Kim pretended to be angry in front of Na Kyung, then alone in his office, went online to look at the pictures of Hyun Woo and Jeon Soo. He was proud that his grandson was able to grow up well, despite his diagnosis. He has no idea that the savior of Hyun Woo is his brother Jeon Soo's cord blood. He also chastises Jae Wook for treating Na Kyung badly the woman who gave birth to his son. (My eyes roll) What happens when he knows who really gave birth to Jeon Soo? He praises Na Kyung for her good work yet it becomes another of Na Kyung's miseries.  Her father in law sees her as the hired help. In privacy, father in law tells his wife that he praises her and pretends to like her which makes Na Kyung subservient and cooperate with his means of corporate administration. For Na Kyung to go through all these groveling to get a little bit of false praise and paltry approval, she must really have a very low self esteem or feels unworthy stemming from feelings of abandonment due to being orphaned perhaps? Of all these crazy characters, she needs intense counseling, the most. 

Now, Jae Hee's son, and Kim's oldest grandson, Seung Hoon, has decided to enter the wring of "heirs combat". Poor Hyun Woo, he now wants to meet his biological father, and his grandfather wants to bring him into the family. Hyun Woo has no idea how toxic that family is. I hope that Min Ho and Ji Young and yes, Jae Wook, will protect him till the end. He is already sick, he does not need to be embroiled in the noxious environs of the Kim family. Send him to Barcelona to study architecture and away from the clutches of his grandfather. He can become an architect without involving himself with the Cheonji Group. Everyone who are and were associated to Cheonji Group including friends and relatives only think of Hyun Woo in relation to Cheonji Group. Everyone ignore the parents especially Min Ho, the father who raised and loved this son well, for the last 10+ years as if Min Ho did not matter. Blood ties matter more than ties of nourishment and love? 

Anyway, I like the involvement of the young grandchildren in this family mess. They are actually also leads in this drama. 

• Like 5

Hi everyone! I decided to join the thread, as I have been watching this drama and felt it would be nice to see what other people think of it. I was a bit apprehensive first to start the drama because it is 48 episodes long, but the story is moving along nicely.

I don't have much to add to what other people have already stated earlier. :) 

• I think Na-kyung and Jae-wook have never been in love. The whole relationship is based on mistrust and hate. Na-kyung is one of the most insecure people I have seen in a drama in a long time. She is only clinging to Jae-wook because of the power she covets. It is NOT love to be so jealous and mistrusting towards your partner. Ugh, she really gets on my nerves.
  • Ji-young and Jae-wook don't seem to have been able to settle their feelings for each other after all these years. I still don't exactly understand why he chose to cheat on her, but he seems to genuinely still care for and love Ji-young. They really need to have an honest talk, apologize to each other and find closure, even if they decide to rekindle their romance.
  • The kids are soooo adorable! :) I really hope that Hyun-woo survives. 
  • Jae-wook's sister is so awesome when she kicks Na-kyung's behind. ;)
  • Like 5

Ji Young reminds me of Francesca in the movie "Bridges of Madison County". Francesca's situation is different from Ji Young's and less complicated. However the impact of their decisions and choices affects the men they married and especially the children in the family.  

In "Bridges", Francesca is an Italian war bride who had a four-day affair with Robert Kincaid, a travelling professional photographer who had gone to Madison County to shoot photographs for National Geographic on covered bridges. The affair took place while her husband and children were at the state fair.

The story in the diaries her children found reveals the deeply moving impact the affair had on Francesca and Robert as Francesca almost ran away with Robert to travel the world with him. However, after a wrenching period of decision-making, Francesca decided to stay after considering a far-reaching/broader view/possible consequences from her decision on the lives of her children and husband, who was a good, loving man. Kincaid who was affected by meeting her finds meaning his true calling as an artist. The children at the time they find the diaries are married and having marital problems. Their mother’s story helped them to find a sense of direction in their lives. In "Bridges" Francesca finds in Robert the promise of personal happiness, yet she understood with sadness and acceptance, that sometimes the most important things in life are not always about making selfish decisions for oneself. She understood that running away with Robert would ruin the 4 days of selfless love and giving because she would be looking back with guilt, thinking about her children and the husband who was good to her. Francesca opted to live those days of a four day perfect love affair in her memories while she stayed to love her family.  

Ji Young's story is more complex in that the man she can't forget is her ex-husband whom she was divorced from and now married to her supposed bestfriend whom he had an affair with. She finds out from her mother the reasons for her ex husband Jae Wook not fighting for his marriage and his child after 16+ years of separation and she is unable to forget him, the love of her life,  even though she is married to the sweetest husband and father (step) Min Ho. The last thing shown at the end of episode 16, is Ji Young in her car teary and calling Jae Wook's name and at the same time we see Jae Wook running to his car from work and driving to go somewhere which gives the impression that they are going to meet in the next episode? So, like Francesca, Ji Young has an important decision to make. However the choices that Ji young will make would be harder as  she is not running away to travel the world but staying to face the world of Na Kyung and Cheonji Group.  Does she choose Jae Wook and forget all the consequences that will turn their lives especially the children upside down? And Hyun Woo, how about the confusion he will feel about his 2 fathers and the guilt for hurting his appa Min Ho? Or does she stop to look at the bigger picture and stay with Min Ho? but this is K drama .... where the leads have to end together...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

MIL is right telling Na Kyung to stop shooting herself in the foot. If Na Kyung didn't fly off the handle every time Ji Young or Hyun Woo are mentioned her position in Cheonji Group and as Joon Seo's mother would be a lot more secure. 

Na Kyung and Ji Young's conversation - Ji Young said what I was thinking. Would Na Kyung choose Jeon Soo over Cheonji Group? She may be a loving mother to Jeon Soo but everything is about Cheonji Group for her. Na Kyung, on the other hand, hit the nail on the head about Ji Young and her guilt. 

It hadn't occurred to me that Hyun Woo knows Min Ho isn't his biological father, but of course, he appeared old enough to remember when Min Ho came into their lives. Min Ho is a good man. He accepts that Hyun Woo will want to meet his biological father some day. Everyone else and their "Hyun Woo deserves to know and take his place in Cheonji Group" chorus can shut up.

Since this is a k-drama and Ji Young and Jae Wook have two biological children together, I'm sure they will end up together. Until then, I'm going to wish that the mess that unfolds will allow everybody to get their suppressed emotions out in the open, Ji Young and Jae Wook to find closure, and in the end, Hyun Woo indeed designs a house that Min Ho will build for Ji Young and they'll live in happily. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One more thing. About Jae Hee the daughter of Cheonji group. We learn that her husband died and she and her son were at his villa when he died and they were implicated? I am curious about her side of the story, who was her husband and how did he die? It seems that was the reason she was sent to the US at the very time Na Kyung faked her pregnancy. Na Kyung was the lawyer who "cleaned up the mess". Hmmmm, it makes me curious what happened then and how Na Kyung manipulated the case to her advantage to send sis in law out of the country because Jae Hee suspected that Na Kyung was faking her pregnancy and was very vocal about her suspicions. Jae Hee unlike the MIL would have exposed Na Kyung's fake pregnancy. Maybe the upcoming episodes will tell more about that side of the story

• Like 4