[Drama 2018] A Promise with the Gods, 신과의 약속

0ly40

thank you for the welcome  @partyon

But @qynn can Ji young ask for her parental rights when Na Kyung made sure by having Ji Young signing some legal papers whe she was pregnant that she will never have a chance to take her son back?

I think Na Kyung 's real downfall will come thru the son of the sister ( one chingu mentioned it already but I am not sure for chingu's  name .sorry :flushed:

As for Jae wook is a huge disappointment .A pushover as his father said and nothing else.He always try to find excuses for NK but never said anything for JY .

He does not deserves neither JY and HW.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kiklaminHo said:

thank you for the welcome  @partyon

But @qynn can Ji young ask for her parental rights when Na Kyung made sure by having Ji Young signing some legal papers whe she was pregnant that she will never have a chance to take her son back?

Ji Young never signed the papers. Na Kyung ripped them up for reasons i.e plot point lol. 

We have more activity on this thread, yippee! :) And I am in love with Soompi's new reaction buttons :D

@qynn Ugh, I was just thinking the same thing during last week's episodes, when NK was so happy when she told JW she still had a card to play so that she wouldn't be kicked out of the family. Of course, NK won't give her consent to giving JS's stem cells to HW, and that's how we get to the courtroom and trial shown in the beginning of the drama. JY won't have any other choice than to drag NK to court.

I just can't fathom how selfish an adult can be that she is willing to sacrifice an innocent child for her own gain?

I mean, I thought NK was just insecure, but it isn't explaining why she is so desperate to cling to the position she has even though everyone else in the family would despise her. To be honest, I think she might exhibit some form of psychopathy or sociopathy. At first I felt sorry for JS if he would have to lose his mom, but I don't think that NK is a good role model in the long run for him.

I know this isn't a makjang , but I have faith the writers will make sure that NK is "punished" for her wrongdoings by the end of this drama. She needs to really fall on her knees and suffer, before she is willing to even go on a path of redemption...

@zenya22 Thanks for the info regarding the ratings. Glad to see people in SK are tuning into this show. :)

Thank god for the Chairman's reaction at the end. I was about to throw things at the television thanks to Jae Wook and Na Kyung.

Jae Wook, you idiot. He vows to take away Na Kyung's rights to Joon Seo but then does nothing as usual. He should have immediately told his parents and Ji Young and Min Ho that Na Kyung knew that HW had likely relapsed and said nothing because she was planning to use his life as leverage. Let everyone know how despicable she is and cut her off at the knees. The thing NOT to do is stay silent and give Na Kyung the chance to get what she wants from a desperate Ji Young.  Why in the world would he believe that Na Kyung would agree to donate Joon Seo's stem cells without any conditions from Ji Young? He's an idiot to still give Na Kyung the benefit of the doubt after everything she has done.

Na Kyung was dripping with hypocrisy. Pretending to be a loving mother who would never agree to donate Joon Seo's stem cells when she was freaking waiting for Ji Young to call. I was so glad to see the Grandmother go off on her in the preview. When the Grandmother said that Na Kyung was so kind and considerate I gagged. Grandmother also said Jae Wook was not a pushover. Clearly, the Grandmother can be as dumb as her son.

Ji Young, what did you do? I know she's desperate and feels all kinds of guilty and probably half thinks she should give everything up as some sort of punishment but trusting Na Kyung is dumb (though again, she wouldn't have if Jae Wook had freaking told her what Na Kyung did. It involved her son, after all). Jae Wook will tear up the dissolution of adoption papers, I'm sure, but now Na Kyung has the written promise from Ji Young to not claim her rights to JS and not see either JS or HW. So THAT must be what the court case is about. No wonder Ji Young and Min Ho exchanged that look in court. He can't be too thrilled that she didn't tell him about the promise to not see HW. 

While the characters can frustrate me, as seen above, I really like that aside from Na Kyung who is just mental, the characters make decisions that are varying degrees of selfish and selfless just like most human beings. 

19 hours ago, foreverempress said:

THAT ending today and that preview next week...NK is done!!!  She is a nasty witch..Father and mother are done with her!!!

OMG, I was screaming, I knew when grandpa could not sleep but was thinking and thinking and when he went to see Jae Wook, I knew!!!, Na Kyung underesrimated grandpa!!! Can't wait for the next episodes. She does not deserve to be a mother. 

15 hours ago, qynn said:

Thank god for the Chairman's reaction at the end. I was about to throw things at the television thanks to Jae Wook and Na Kyung.

Jae Wook, you idiot. He vows to take away Na Kyung's rights to Joon Seo but then does nothing as usual. He should have immediately told his parents and Ji Young and Min Ho that Na Kyung knew that HW had likely relapsed and said nothing because she was planning to use his life as leverage. Let everyone know how despicable she is and cut her off at the knees. The thing NOT to do is stay silent and give Na Kyung the chance to get what she wants from a desperate Ji Young.  Why in the world would he believe that Na Kyung would agree to donate Joon Seo's stem cells without any conditions from Ji Young? He's an idiot to still give Na Kyung the benefit of the doubt after everything she has done.

Na Kyung was dripping with hypocrisy. Pretending to be a loving mother who would never agree to donate Joon Seo's stem cells when she was freaking waiting for Ji Young to call. I was so glad to see the Grandmother go off on her in the preview. When the Grandmother said that Na Kyung was so kind and considerate I gagged. Grandmother also said Jae Wook was not a pushover. Clearly, the Grandmother can be as dumb as her son.

Ji Young, what did you do? I know she's desperate and feels all kinds of guilty and probably half thinks she should give everything up as some sort of punishment but trusting Na Kyung is dumb (though again, she wouldn't have if Jae Wook had freaking told her what Na Kyung did. It involved her son, after all). Jae Wook will tear up the dissolution of adoption papers, I'm sure, but now Na Kyung has the written promise from Ji Young to not claim her rights to JS and not see either JS or HW. So THAT must be what the court case is about. No wonder Ji Young and Min Ho exchanged that look in court. He can't be too thrilled that she didn't tell him about the promise to not see HW. 

While the characters can frustrate me, as seen above, I really like that aside from Na Kyung who is just mental, the characters make decisions that are varying combination of selfish and selfless just like most human beings. 

Thank you for the post above, especially Jae Wook. I wish Min Ho would have gone to grandpa like he did before and let him know the deal but I guess this had to happen. With Jae Wook and Ji Young being played by Na Kyung then grandpa knowing after asking JW makes it more emphatic because grandpa now can't forgive nor believe NK anymore. Jae Wook also was not going to tell his father even when he asked the reason NK  was able to get the dissolution of adoption until grandpa yelled at JW to tell what he knew. Yep, Min Ho was telling JY that they will get to see HW on vacation, not knowing that JY signed a promise to never see HW ever. I was thinking that JY should have gone to the chairman or get a lawyer before signing her rights away to Na Kyung. I don't know why JY thinks that she can't do anything or ask for help but I guess she and MH were relying on JW. 

Ratings: Pledge to God doing well with 15.7 this weekend

https://www.soompi.com/article/1298925wpp/pledge-god-breaks-record-romance-bonus-book-premieres-promising-viewership-ratings?utm_source=viki&utm_medium=newsmodule-container-web&utm_campaign=soompi_news_module&utm_content=36331c

2019-01-26 33 12.8 13.2 (6th) 12.3 (6th)
2019-01-26 34 15.1 15.1 (4th) 14.0 (5th)
2019-01-26 35 14.1 15.0 (5th) 14.2 (4th)
2019-01-26 36 14.0 15.7 (3rd) 14.9 (3rd)

I watched the latest episodes, and Na Kyung really made me want to throw my laptop out of the window in rage... :angry: Seriously, that woman!!! So selfish!!!

Someone called her a witch on this thread, did anyone notice her nail?

pledge.png

Looks like a witch's nail to me! Coincidence? I think not.... :D

On 1/27/2019 at 9:17 AM, partyon said:

Looks like a witch's nail to me! Coincidence? I think not.... 

Na Kyung is just evil. Poor witches are getting a bad rap in comparison to her. Any guess how her ending will be? I am thinking a full circle will happen she will jump off that rock!  This time she will be alone and no will give a richard simmons. 

I am looking forward to tonight's episodes and see Na Kyung's downfall begin. I REALLY hope that Jae Wook will finally stand up to her!

I have a nagging feeling it might be difficult to get a happy ending for everyone in this show. :(

@zenya22 @qynn @foreverempress @UnniSarah and all the rest of you writing in this thread, how do you think this drama will end? 

36 minutes ago, partyon said:

I have a nagging feeling it might be difficult to get a happy ending for everyone in this show. :(

all the rest of you writing in this thread, how do you think this drama will end? 

@partyonIt depends on what happy ending one wants, I guess such as the usual kdrama where the "leads" end up together at the end. For me, as long as the children are all right and safe and misunderstandings within the families are cleared up, HW is healed from leukemia and finishes high school at home in Yang Pyeong living with his parents before going abroad to college, and Seung Hoon and his mother clear up the misunderstanding with grandpa and work together with Jae Wook, Na Kyung realizing that there is life beyond Cheon Ji K group and she connects with that TV director or go anywhere away from little Jeon Seo and Ji Young. Little Jeon Seo spending time between Jae Wook and and JY. And yeah, I am probably the only one who wants Min Ho and JY to continue being husband and wife. 

1 hour ago, partyon said:

I am looking forward to tonight's episodes and see Na Kyung's downfall begin. I REALLY hope that Jae Wook will finally stand up to her!

@zenya22 @qynn @foreverempress @UnniSarah and all the rest of you writing in this thread, how do you think this drama will end? 

@partyon... Hello chingu 

The character i feel sorry for is Ji-Young , Jae Wook, Hyung Woo and Joon Seo. 

I pity the children the most because both kids didn’t get to know their biological parent. Ji Young and Jae Wook was manipulated from the beginning and are still being manipulated by Na Kyung. Until Na Kyung is destroyed than heir family can finally be healed. 

You asked for the ending.

Ending I want 

I want Ji -Young and Jae Wook to get back together. Raise their children together and Jae Wook can finally leave his father’s home and run his own company. Jae Wook and Hyung Woo can really get to know each other, talk about architecture, their dreams and I want Hyung Woo to finally love his father the way he should. I want Joon Seo to love his birth mom. Spend time with her , talk about his  dreams and be a family. I want the four of them to be real family. 

I suspect the writer 

will keep JY with Mi Ho, because of all the sacrifice and love he has for mother and son. Ji-Young and JS will get to know each other and will be a family but he will probably be with Jae Wook. HW will get treatment and will live but I don’t think he will be close with JW because of MH. He will remain conflicted, JS will get to know JY but for now he will still love NK because she was good to him. I think they will never let him know about the cruelty she has inflicted on other or him so she can remain int the company. JW will be alone and will raise JS the best he knows how and will be there for HW. I don’t think JW ans HW will be close.  NK will become poor like she was before and the people in society will be disgusted by her because she is going to publicly RUIN HERSELF. She will probably try to kill herself but end up in an asylum because her reputation will be ruined. She is going to be named HOME WRECKER , GOLD DIGGER AND IMMORAL. She hasn’t realized that when you are a parent , PARENTS ARE WILLING TO DO ANYTHING TO SAVE A DYING CHILD.  NOW TO THE CHILD MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY. The public will side with JY and her decide because neither children are Na Kyung. They will be disgusted by her for bargaining with parent who’s child is very ill. A person who does such an act twice is not HUMAN ( SARAMI???) 

Children who are ill feels so much guilt towards the parent because they are ill and to their sibling who came into the world to save them.  Sometimes the child is willing to die but afraid what their death will do to their parents. The child who is the life saver will grow up think their parents don’t love them and only love them to be a cure for the child that is ill. But it isn’t the truth they love both their children but can’t bare to lose either of them. If any of the children died , they would feel just as terrible and in pain as they have for child that is ill. It’s just they can only concentrate on the child that is ill because that child can’t take care of themselves in their POV. I think  the problem is that the parents have never been able to prioritize in that kind of situation. - -> I got this opinion from the movie My Sister’s Keeper Please watch this movie or read the book. It was intense and outstanding performance from the whole cast. 

@zenya22 said Little Jeon Seo spending time between Jae Wook and and JY. And yeah, I am probably the only one who wants Min Ho and JY to continue being husband and wife.  - -> Min Ho and JY being together isn't bad idea chingu. I just hate the injustice JY and JW has suffered at the hand of that Evil NK. She is so selfish and doen't feel she did anything wrong. IF NK and JW's affair had real romance, I wouldn't give any hope for JY and JW but i think what you want to happen will happen chingu. Don't give up on your wishful ending. :heart:

@zenya22 and @UnniSarah Thank you for your replies! :) I loved reading your thoughts on the ending, and I feel very similarly.

What I have noticed as the drama has progressed is that there are many layers to the story. The more episodes I watch, the more I notice how complex everything is . If one person gets a happy ending, another person will be hurt. That is why I feel quite conflicted on how I would like the drama to end, but also curious how the writer will end it.

@zenya22 I wouldn't mind if Min Ho and JY would continue being married in the end. They have gone through a lot together, have affection towards each other. Also, Min Ho loves HW as his own son and vice versa. So, as the drama has progressed, I have warmed up more to them staying together in the end.

But like @UnniSarah I feel like Na Kyung really robbed JY, JW, HW and JS of a future together. It's unbelievably sad. :( Therefore, in a way, I feel like it would be also right to put them back together into one family unit in the end.

I don't think it will be possible though, because in that case, HW will lose Min Ho and JS will lose Na Kyung (who still raised JS after all as her own son).

I feel like there are no winners in any scenario as far as I can see. :(

30 minutes ago, partyon said:

If one person gets a happy ending, another person will be hurt. That is why I feel quite conflicted on how I would like the drama to end, but also curious how the writer will end it.

That makes this drama more realistic. No one is immune to getting hurt. So, it depends on the writers outlook and so far, the writer's focus has been on the children especially HW who is the axis of the story. My guess is the writer will focus the ending on what is best for the children especially HW. 

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Children who are ill feels so much guilt towards the parent because they are ill and to their sibling who came into the world to save them.  Sometimes the child is willing to die but afraid what their death will do to their parents. The child who is the life saver will grow up think their parents don’t love them and only love them to be a cure for the child that is ill. But it isn’t the truth they love both their children but can’t bare to lose either of them. If any of the children died , they would feel just as terrible and in pain as they have for child that is ill. It’s just they can only concentrate on the child that is ill because that child can’t take care of themselves in their POV. I think  the problem is that the parents have never been able to prioritize in that kind of situation. - -> I got this opinion from the movie My Sister’s Keeper Please watch this movie or read the book. It was intense and outstanding performance from the whole cast. 

There was true story case many years ago and I remember because it was a hot topic in the media and in the public. Where a teenager was diagnosed with leukemia and there was no match found. The doctors advised that the parents have another child and that possibly the bone marrow can match and not 100% sure but there is a possibility. The parents were in their late 40's but they tried. Somehow it got to the media and it became a topic of debate. Many criticized the parents for using another child as a cure and many thought it was the right thing to do. Even in the medical field it become a hot debate. But somehow the parents got pregnant and a daughter was born. Luckily she was a match for the older sister with leukemia and she "saved" her sister. Many think that true story inspired the movie My Sister's Keeper. The problem as the medical professionals especially doctors see it, is that the child who was born whose bone marrow was "gathered" did not give consent or could not give consent because basically the child was created for her "bone marrow" from the parents of the child who is sick. From the doctors who are against, point of view, the savior child was given no rights. And yes, there is also the savior child's thoughts and feelings to consider as she grows up. 

In this drama it also shows the feelings of guilt from HW who can't bear to think that he owes so much from his brother. But this drama they added so much layers of complications which makes it harder for HW who is already burdened with more guilt and blames himself as the cause of unhappiness of his parents. He hides his relapse and thinks it will make it easier for everyone if he dies. He thinks he is a burden. How will the writer move on with the story of Jeon Seo when he realizes who he is in relation to HW and JY? The other thing the writer keeps alluding is NK's guilt or involvement in a scandal involving Jae Hee's husband and his death. Now, if NK is proven to have anything to do with that, she may also end in prison. It depends on how the writers have Seung Hoon find out  the truth of his father's death. Thank you for the post on the movie. I will watch it.

11 hours ago, zenya22 said:

@partyonIt depends on what happy ending one wants, I guess such as the usual kdrama where the "leads" end up together at the end. For me, as long as the children are all right and safe and misunderstandings within the families are cleared up, HW is healed from leukemia and finishes high school at home in Yang Pyeong living with his parents before going abroad to college, and Seung Hoon and his mother clear up the misunderstanding with grandpa and work together with Jae Wook, Na Kyung realizing that there is life beyond Cheon Ji K group and she connects with that TV director or go anywhere away from little Jeon Seo and Ji Young. Little Jeon Seo spending time between Jae Wook and and JY. And yeah, I am probably the only one who wants Min Ho and JY to continue being husband and wife. 

You aren't the only one who wants Min Ho and JY to stay together. I feel like too much has happened for JY and JW to get back together, and yeah it sucks that NK robbed them of a life together, but it is what it is. It resulted in MH and JY building a life of affection, companionship and devotion to HW, and that life is meaningful.

I think the last few episodes have shown that JY, MH and JW could work together well to do what is best for the kids; I think it would be realistic if HW and JS grow closer to JW and JY, respectively, but don't necessarily regard them as "dad" and "mom." 

I think the scenes between NK and the TV director have foreshadowed NK's ending. Personally, I'd like to see her locked up, but the gist of the conversations, IIRC, were that NK is an unhappy person who won't find happiness until she stops holding on and finds herself blah blah blah. 

UPDATE: Finished watching this week's episodes. 

That evil wench. Na Kyung got to the perfect match, didn't she. Now HW is having side effects. That donor better come back into the picture somehow and expose Na Kyung. 

Hey, Na Kyung! You and Min Ho are nothing alike. MH loves HW and is willing to give up everything for him. NK is willing to use anyone and anything, including her son, to keep her position at the company. She's no mother. I don't think she even has a soul. 

I'm disappointed that the Chairman didn't give NK hell. I know everybody is desperate to save HW, but I really wanted the Chairman to tell her where to go, not apologize and give her everything she wanted. At least he put in that clause. 

Go Grandma! She's been annoying me but at least she's not going to cater to NK now that she knows the truth.

Poor HW. He's such a sweet boy. I hate seeing him suffer. We know he's alive as of the trial, but he better survive the series. 

I feel like Ji Young and other characters share my thoughts about JW. Whenever he makes a promise I feel like they are thinking "That's very nice but we both know you'll be right back here with a pained expression making the same promises again and again and again." 

I feel like Seung Hoon is heading for a fall. 

This is so frustrating. Why do the Kims keep giving this woman 2nd chances and bargain with NK with children's lives? They should have thrown her out. Now, she got another chance and did real damage to  the children. She needs imprisonment for life. At first she did not want to give consent for Jeon Seo because she said she is the mother of Jeon Seo and he is not going to be the bone marrow bank for Hyeon Woo. Then when she gets thrown out she bargains with the grandfather to get back her position and company shares in return for giving consent for JS donating bone marrow. If HW gets well then she gets her shares and company position. The grandfather should not even have bargained. Why, why, why? NK learned that Jeon Seo was 50% compatible and there was another donor who was 100% and HW does not need JS which will make NK's contract with the Kims null and void and she won't get her position nor her shares. However, the 100% donor suddenly backed out at the last minute. I am betting Na Kyung saw the information of the 100% donor at the desk of the donor nurse who carelessly left her records open at her desk when she went to take a phone call. Na Kyung did something or called the 100% donor to back out. JY and MH were told that JS 50% might make HW experience side effects which HW did. The preview showed everyone crying JY, MH and JW.... I am crossing fingers and toes that HW somehow made it through. Will there be a trial as was shown at the beginning of the show? Because the way the drama is going if there will be a trial, it should be Na Kyung who will face trial and not JY. Even if HW survived, NK still needs to be tried if she stole the information of 100% donor and mislead them or convince them not to donate, for deception that endangered the life of a child, use of a child to bargain for her benefits etc. It is unforgivable. I really hope HW made it. This will make little JS very guilty. I wonder who the 100% donor is and what was the reason the sudden change of mind? NK deserves to go to prison for a long long time.   

47 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

This is so frustrating. Why do the Kims keep giving this woman 2nd chances and bargain with NK with children's lives? They should have thrown her out.  

I wish they would have listened to Jae Hee and revealed everything and then thrown her out. I get that they were focused on saving HW in the short-term, but they should have at least consulted another attorney regarding their options, both in the short-term and long-term. 

I also hate that when JY told JW that NK asked for the dissolution of adoption per the Chairman's orders, JW didn't tell her that his father hadn't even  known about HW's relapse and NK did that on her own and why. I wouldn't trust NK if I were Ji Young, but as far as she knows, NK has been a good mother to JS and everything is fine between JW and NK. JW could at least ask her to consult with him about matters regarding HW and JS instead of NK but nope. He makes all kinds of promises but his big plan is to live with NK in misery forever. 

9 minutes ago, qynn said:

I also hate that when JY told JW that NK asked for the dissolution of adoption per the Chairman's orders, JW didn't tell her that his father hadn't even  known about HW's relapse and NK did that on her own and why. I wouldn't trust NK if I were Ji Young, but as far as she knows, NK has been a good mother to JS and everything is fine between JW and NK. JW could at least ask her to consult with him about matters regarding HW and JS instead of NK but nope. He makes all kinds of promises but his big plan is to live with NK in misery forever. 

Oh yes, the whole family JY, MH and Grandma all thought that it was the chairman who wanted HW back to the Kim home in exchange for the consent and I was screaming no he did not, it was not him, it was NK's idea. And JW did not tell her that his father did not know or did not order NK to do what she did. I am afraid that the dissolution of adoption in JW's hands will put MH at a disadvantage. 

Archived