Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Drama 2018] A Promise with the Gods, 신과의 약속

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, LoveBunny said:

Did he ask for a divorce ?! 

I want to know too. I hope so, because NK has been way too selfish by not telling anyone about HW's condition. There must be consequences for her actions.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Na Kyung is disgusting, planning to trade HW's life for her position. I don't like the Chairman, but he was right about Na Kyung in this episode. Her greed comes before everything else, including Joon Seo.

 

I hope Jae Wook follows through on his words. I expect he'll threaten and maybe even attempt to make good on his threats but Ji Young will be the one that ends up suffering while JW stands around with a pained expression. There is still the trial to come, after all. 

 

Seung Hoon is playing Na Kyung, isn't he? I don't mind his scenes with the underwear girlfriend, but I'm not sure where that's  going either. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kick Na Kyung to where the sun don't shine. She says she always feels like she is standing at the edge of the cliff. She can jump into the cliff then problem solved she will no longer be at the edge she will be at the bottom. And grandpa, no he does not deserve to have Hyeon  Woo or any of his grandsons. Children and grandchildren are not objects to use as pawns.  I can't even finish the episodes cause I want to throw stones at the screen or reach out and do some butt kicking. No, Na Kyung is not a mother. As much as I don't like grandpa, he is right when he said that Na Kyung uses Jeon Seo to extort or blackmail the family. She does not deserve to be called a mother. She needs to go to mental asylum or in prison. Grandma needs to stop shielding and protecting Na Kyung. She is getting on my nerves too. Kick her out. But she is right, grandpa was the one who raised and taught his daughter in law the art of using people. 

 

Hyun Weo needs some counseling. He seems to feel guilt and blames himself over his parents especially his mother's fears, sadness and Jeon Seo's being sent to Na Kyung to be reared as her own child. He thinks if he dies everything will be solved. They need to bring him to the hospital, give him some counseling and treatment ASAP. He is almost suicidal and blames himself for all the adult's problems as caused by him. My heart breaks and I weep. I really wish all these adults will hash out their problems by themselves and take care of the grandchildren. 

 

Ji Young needs to hold it together especially in front of Hyun Weo. This is the time for her to be strong, the  time also for both Ji Young and Min Ho to get Jae Wook involved to save Hyun Weo because Na Kyung will use Jeon Seo to her advantage and won't care about HW. All of them need to be together to save the child including grandpa. I am hoping most of all that Seung Hoon will find the dirt on that witch Na Kyung what she did and how she is involved with his father's death and send her to prison. The more she lies, when Jeon Seo is old enough to find out, he will hate her and if he knows one day that she held him as ransom for the life of his brother, whom he adores, he will hate Na Kyung. He will think that she was nice to him not because she loved him, but because she used him as a pawn for her use. But Na Kyung is too self involved to realize how much she is hurting the boy she calls "her son". 

I hope Jae Wook who has fulfilled his duty as a husband and as a son to his parents will mean and do what he said, take out Na Kyung's rights to Jeon Seo. Why does Na Kyung think he has all rights to Jeon Seo, when Jae Wook is the father too? 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies,

long time did not post in soompi but this viper as a daughter in law made me to come out of my cave.

What worries me is that we have another 16 episodes which means the pushover husband /rich son will not do anything again .Na Kyung will find a way to survive again.

When she is going to pay for her selfishness and all her wrongdoings?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, foreverempress said:

These were some of the most intense episodes along with Fate & Fury! 

i dont see any episode of the F&F chingu but definitely last episodes of  APTG were intense!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the thread @kiklaminHo :)

 

13 hours ago, qynn said:

Na Kyung is disgusting, planning to trade HW's life for her position. I don't like the Chairman, but he was right about Na Kyung in this episode. Her greed comes before everything else, including Joon Seo.

 

I hope Jae Wook follows through on his words. I expect he'll threaten and maybe even attempt to make good on his threats but Ji Young will be the one that ends up suffering while JW stands around with a pained expression. There is still the trial to come, after all.

NK is being despicable. Sure, she is driven by her fears, but she really needs some mental help. FAST.

I don't like the father-in-law, but he was right to test if NK is driven by greed only. She failed his test big time, and I am glad JW is starting to see it. She has destroyed so many peoples' lives and relationships because of her greed.

She is not a good mom, because she will teach JS the same values as she has. Get that boy away from him before it is too late, I say.


I am getting a bit tired of seeing JW in his pained expression. He needs to take responsibility, be a man and protect JY and his children!

12 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Hyun Weo needs some counseling. He seems to feel guilt and blames himself over his parents especially his mother's fears, sadness and Jeon Seo's being sent to Na Kyung to be reared as her own child. He thinks if he dies everything will be solved. They need to bring him to the hospital, give him some counseling and treatment ASAP. He is almost suicidal and blames himself for all the adult's problems as caused by him. My heart breaks and I weep. I really wish all these adults will hash out their problems by themselves and take care of the grandchildren.

I agree. HW is a boy that is taking responsibility for his parents' feelings and emotions. No one is responsible for anyone else's feelings, and he needs therapy to learn that. I don't like this noble idiocy plot that the writers are throwing at us. :(

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, zenya22 said:

I hope Jae Wook who has fulfilled his duty as a husband and as a son to his parents will mean and do what he said, take out Na Kyung's rights to Jeon Seo. Why does Na Kyung think he has all rights to Jeon Seo, when Jae Wook is the father too? 

Because Na Kyung is crazy, but she also has a card to play right now, so in a sense she kind of does hold the rights to Joon Seo.  In order to take stem cells from Joon Seo, I imagine both parents have to give consent. Na Kyung won't do that unless she gets what she wants from the Chairman (which is probably unlikely to happen now that Jae Wook knows the truth). She'll never agree to a divorce. The only option is  for Ji Young to claim her parental rights, which I imagine is what the trial is about. I'm sure Na Kyung will be confident in her ability to play dirty, manipulate and destroy anything in her path in order to survive. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Good ratings for drama

 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1295471wpp/pledge-god-continues-achieve-high-viewership-ratings

 

Even if it looks like there are no viewers because there is not much participation in the thread, the ratings are good for the drama which means there plenty viewers and as the drama progresses to the trial probably even get more. 

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you for the welcome  @partyon

But @qynn can Ji young ask for her parental rights when Na Kyung made sure by having Ji Young signing some legal papers whe she was pregnant that she will never have a chance to take her son back?

I think Na Kyung 's real downfall will come thru the son of the sister ( one chingu mentioned it already but I am not sure for chingu's  name .sorry :flushed:

As for Jae wook is a huge disappointment .A pushover as his father said and nothing else.He always try to find excuses for NK but never said anything for JY .

He does not deserves neither JY and HW.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiklaminHo said:

thank you for the welcome  @partyon

But @qynn can Ji young ask for her parental rights when Na Kyung made sure by having Ji Young signing some legal papers whe she was pregnant that she will never have a chance to take her son back?

Ji Young never signed the papers. Na Kyung ripped them up for reasons i.e plot point lol. 

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have more activity on this thread, yippee! :) And I am in love with Soompi's new reaction buttons :D

 

@qynn Ugh, I was just thinking the same thing during last week's episodes, when NK was so happy when she told JW she still had a card to play so that she wouldn't be kicked out of the family. Of course, NK won't give her consent to giving JS's stem cells to HW, and that's how we get to the courtroom and trial shown in the beginning of the drama. JY won't have any other choice than to drag NK to court.

 

I just can't fathom how selfish an adult can be that she is willing to sacrifice an innocent child for her own gain?

I mean, I thought NK was just insecure, but it isn't explaining why she is so desperate to cling to the position she has even though everyone else in the family would despise her. To be honest, I think she might exhibit some form of psychopathy or sociopathy. At first I felt sorry for JS if he would have to lose his mom, but I don't think that NK is a good role model in the long run for him.

I know this isn't a makjang , but I have faith the writers will make sure that NK is "punished" for her wrongdoings by the end of this drama. She needs to really fall on her knees and suffer, before she is willing to even go on a path of redemption...

 

@zenya22 Thanks for the info regarding the ratings. Glad to see people in SK are tuning into this show. :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank god for the Chairman's reaction at the end. I was about to throw things at the television thanks to Jae Wook and Na Kyung.

 

Jae Wook, you idiot. He vows to take away Na Kyung's rights to Joon Seo but then does nothing as usual. He should have immediately told his parents and Ji Young and Min Ho that Na Kyung knew that HW had likely relapsed and said nothing because she was planning to use his life as leverage. Let everyone know how despicable she is and cut her off at the knees. The thing NOT to do is stay silent and give Na Kyung the chance to get what she wants from a desperate Ji Young.  Why in the world would he believe that Na Kyung would agree to donate Joon Seo's stem cells without any conditions from Ji Young? He's an idiot to still give Na Kyung the benefit of the doubt after everything she has done.

 

Na Kyung was dripping with hypocrisy. Pretending to be a loving mother who would never agree to donate Joon Seo's stem cells when she was freaking waiting for Ji Young to call. I was so glad to see the Grandmother go off on her in the preview. When the Grandmother said that Na Kyung was so kind and considerate I gagged. Grandmother also said Jae Wook was not a pushover. Clearly, the Grandmother can be as dumb as her son.

 

Ji Young, what did you do? I know she's desperate and feels all kinds of guilty and probably half thinks she should give everything up as some sort of punishment but trusting Na Kyung is dumb (though again, she wouldn't have if Jae Wook had freaking told her what Na Kyung did. It involved her son, after all). Jae Wook will tear up the dissolution of adoption papers, I'm sure, but now Na Kyung has the written promise from Ji Young to not claim her rights to JS and not see either JS or HW. So THAT must be what the court case is about. No wonder Ji Young and Min Ho exchanged that look in court. He can't be too thrilled that she didn't tell him about the promise to not see HW. 

 

While the characters can frustrate me, as seen above, I really like that aside from Na Kyung who is just mental, the characters make decisions that are varying degrees of selfish and selfless just like most human beings. 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, foreverempress said:

THAT ending today and that preview next week...NK is done!!!  She is a nasty witch..Father and mother are done with her!!!

OMG, I was screaming, I knew when grandpa could not sleep but was thinking and thinking and when he went to see Jae Wook, I knew!!!, Na Kyung underesrimated grandpa!!! Can't wait for the next episodes. She does not deserve to be a mother. 

 

15 hours ago, qynn said:

Thank god for the Chairman's reaction at the end. I was about to throw things at the television thanks to Jae Wook and Na Kyung.

 

Jae Wook, you idiot. He vows to take away Na Kyung's rights to Joon Seo but then does nothing as usual. He should have immediately told his parents and Ji Young and Min Ho that Na Kyung knew that HW had likely relapsed and said nothing because she was planning to use his life as leverage. Let everyone know how despicable she is and cut her off at the knees. The thing NOT to do is stay silent and give Na Kyung the chance to get what she wants from a desperate Ji Young.  Why in the world would he believe that Na Kyung would agree to donate Joon Seo's stem cells without any conditions from Ji Young? He's an idiot to still give Na Kyung the benefit of the doubt after everything she has done.

 

Na Kyung was dripping with hypocrisy. Pretending to be a loving mother who would never agree to donate Joon Seo's stem cells when she was freaking waiting for Ji Young to call. I was so glad to see the Grandmother go off on her in the preview. When the Grandmother said that Na Kyung was so kind and considerate I gagged. Grandmother also said Jae Wook was not a pushover. Clearly, the Grandmother can be as dumb as her son.

 

Ji Young, what did you do? I know she's desperate and feels all kinds of guilty and probably half thinks she should give everything up as some sort of punishment but trusting Na Kyung is dumb (though again, she wouldn't have if Jae Wook had freaking told her what Na Kyung did. It involved her son, after all). Jae Wook will tear up the dissolution of adoption papers, I'm sure, but now Na Kyung has the written promise from Ji Young to not claim her rights to JS and not see either JS or HW. So THAT must be what the court case is about. No wonder Ji Young and Min Ho exchanged that look in court. He can't be too thrilled that she didn't tell him about the promise to not see HW. 

 

While the characters can frustrate me, as seen above, I really like that aside from Na Kyung who is just mental, the characters make decisions that are varying combination of selfish and selfless just like most human beings. 

Thank you for the post above, especially Jae Wook. I wish Min Ho would have gone to grandpa like he did before and let him know the deal but I guess this had to happen. With Jae Wook and Ji Young being played by Na Kyung then grandpa knowing after asking JW makes it more emphatic because grandpa now can't forgive nor believe NK anymore. Jae Wook also was not going to tell his father even when he asked the reason NK  was able to get the dissolution of adoption until grandpa yelled at JW to tell what he knew. Yep, Min Ho was telling JY that they will get to see HW on vacation, not knowing that JY signed a promise to never see HW ever. I was thinking that JY should have gone to the chairman or get a lawyer before signing her rights away to Na Kyung. I don't know why JY thinks that she can't do anything or ask for help but I guess she and MH were relying on JW. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ratings: Pledge to God doing well with 15.7 this weekend

 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1298925wpp/pledge-god-breaks-record-romance-bonus-book-premieres-promising-viewership-ratings?utm_source=viki&utm_medium=newsmodule-container-web&utm_campaign=soompi_news_module&utm_content=36331c

 

         
2019-01-26 33 12.8 13.2 (6th) 12.3 (6th)
2019-01-26 34 15.1 15.1 (4th) 14.0 (5th)
2019-01-26 35 14.1 15.0 (5th) 14.2 (4th)
2019-01-26 36 14.0 15.7 (3rd) 14.9 (3rd)
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the latest episodes, and Na Kyung really made me want to throw my laptop out of the window in rage... :angry: Seriously, that woman!!! So selfish!!!

 

Someone called her a witch on this thread, did anyone notice her nail?

pledge.png

Looks like a witch's nail to me! Coincidence? I think not.... :D

  • Like 2
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 9:17 AM, partyon said:

Looks like a witch's nail to me! Coincidence? I think not.... 

Na Kyung is just evil. Poor witches are getting a bad rap in comparison to her. Any guess how her ending will be? I am thinking a full circle will happen she will jump off that rock!  This time she will be alone and no will give a richard simmons. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...