Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

On 10/5/2018 at 1:04 PM, Sherry Chow said:

If you want a ZYL small stand like this, I can give you one when I go to Penang next time:D1538715586x-1404792802.png

Oh that's very kind of you, but no that's fine, i'm not very good with collectibles, i'll misplace him and then get very sad all by myself huhu.. 

@yhl0802 OMG thank you so so so much for the translations! ZYL is such an adorable cinnamon bun how is he so adorable?? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, siobhanne said:

@yhl0802 Thank you so much! You even linked the video even though it's blocked for you! 

Btw, why is he called 7 seconds of memory?

The reason why fans gave him a new nickname "Zhu Yiyu 朱一鱼( fish)" was not because people think he has 7 seconds of memory (there was a saying in China that a fish only has 7 seconds of memory) . There was  day that ZYL was playing with his cell phone /weibo for  a pretty long time but he didn't post anything on his Weibo account. Weibo has  a notification function, you can add someone to you special notification group, whenever this person visits Weibo you will be notified the app gives you a special sound, sounds like a fish making bubbles in the water. But that day ZYL was on and off Weibo for many times without posting anything. Fans waited for a very long time and heard the bubbling many times but didn't get any news from him, so there was a fan said on Weibo: "ZYL, are you a fish? Making bubbles without doing anything? Why don't we call you 朱一鱼(a fish) instead of 朱一龙(a Dragon)?" That post got reposted many times and people think it is hilarious, hence the new nickname  Zhu Yiyu 朱一鱼( fish). It has nothing to do with 7 seconds of memory, but ZYL mistakenly thought it was because a fish only has  7 seconds of memory,  in that video, he was thinking very hard trying to figure out where was this new nickname come from.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

Do you guys know you got a new nickname "海鲜包“?In China, people give different nicknames to fans of celebrities  and fan's nickname usually has something to do with their idol's name or character, and many of those nicknames have something to with food, for example Hu GE's (胡歌)fans  are called 胡椒(pepper).  ZYL‘ s name in Chinese is 朱一龙 . 朱 is his last name , 一龙 means a dragon. ZYL's fans are called "小笼包" .  小笼包 is a very common but very yummy dish in China,  包子 is steamed stuffed bun. 笼 sounds the same with 龙 , 海鲜 is seafood, 海鲜包 is 包子 made of seafood. Since you guys are oversea fans, so you are called 海鲜包. Do you like it? Please don't get offended when people say that, it is just for fun, not meant to be insulting nor it has any negative connotation.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

@yhl0802 Thanks for the explanation! I am glad we have a name lol I have been considering myself as "小笼包" but I guess I could be "海鲜小笼包" now lol Every time I eat 小笼包 and 生煎包 I think of ZYL lol I should also add 龙景茶 to the mix lol Love all these nicknames

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, yhl0802 said:

Do you guys know you got a new nickname "海鲜包“?In China, people give different nicknames to fans of celebrities  and fan's nickname usually has something to do with their idol's name or character, and many of those nicknames have something to with food, for example Hu GE's (胡歌)fans  are called 胡椒(pepper).  ZYL‘ s name in Chinese is 朱一龙 . 朱 is his last name , 一龙 means a dragon. ZYL's fans are called "小笼包" .  小笼包 is a very common but very yummy dish in China,  包子 is steamed stuffed bun. 笼 sounds the same with 龙 , 海鲜 is seafood, 海鲜包 is 包子 made of seafood. Since you guys are oversea fans, so you are called 海鲜包. Do you like it? Please don't get offended when people say that, it is just for fun, not meant to be insulting nor it has any negative connotation.  

Oh yeah, I saw it! Xiaolongbao is a soup dumpling right? I've had some once, very tasty. And we're a seafood dumpling. Also sounds tasty : ) And Pig One Dragon is pork on a stick roasted by a dragon. Delicious. 

I have to brag. Yesterday I saw a meme. It's that OWhat interview where Longge had to paste tags on himself and then threw away some very elaborately. And someone had photoshopped all the tags on him to say hotpot, and the one he threw away to read xialongbao. And I understood it without google translate! Because I know the character for xiao, and for bao, and for huo. And I know words with fire in them often have to do with food. So I had an aHa! moment and felt very satisfied with myself : D If more people make fun of him then I will soon learn the word for pig. Then for seafood I can already recognize the components of water, fish and lamb, so soon I will know that as well. Noodles are mian, rice I can skip, all the major food groups are represented, I'll be ready for you soon, menu!

Although now that I think about it the menus in China have pictures.

Edit: I got the noodles wrong initially, no starches for me : p If people are called meimei and mianmian it just makes my head spin.

Edited by siobhanne
  • LOL 2

Thanks for starting this thread! I am so obsessed with ZYL and spend a lot of time on weibo to catch up with his latest news. It's really time-consuming, this chat room can give me a placebo that although I spend too time on him, I can improve my English as well, doing something meaningful at least!

I am a native Chinese speaker, so if you have any questions about Chinese or what's going on about him in China now, feel free to ask me!

• Like 6

@TheRedDragon I'm not stopping anyone, but since I also browse Chinese forums and have seen that it can be a bit ugly out there in the real world, I've quite enjoyed that we can keep this place positive. So I'm asking if you could maybe get your answers, but then keep the conversation quite short after that so we can return to more pleasant things. I would like to remind everyone that he's a great actor, very hardworking, he looks gorgeous and he's very kind and liked by people who work with him. Just yesterday I read a thread on weibo full of posts by his collaborators praising him. Such a person, no matter what others lie about him, will always find people wanting to work with him. Even if he doesn't become some great star, he really loves acting and takes his role seriously even when filming advertisements. So I think we can be really calm in the belief that he will continue to be happy also in the future, regardless of the number of his fans or how high profile his projects are. Personally, I don't think they will be able to stop him from writing his name in the history of Chinese film : )

About the shampoo, in my opinion the best thing for him is if they can finish the collaboration on a positive note. So if they release more photos (some days back I posted a tweet from the photographer with some shots I haven't seen elsewhere, but he deleted it soon after, and I didn't download the pictures) I think it's best if people are appreciative of them. I still don't think fans are supposed to buy anything (from anyone), but in my opinion it is the best for ZYL if people can let go of that incident and let the brand start to restore its image. They are also victims in this, after all. Since he is easy to work with, the fans shouldn't be difficult to work with, either. We don't want people to think he is risky to hire, since there might be a saboutage and then your company's image can't be restored.

@journeyje Welcome! Combining hobbies with learning and practice is the best way to learn a language!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

@yhl0802 Thank you so much for translations.:blush:

I don't know if it is ok with you but I wanted to know what is the status with the shampoo company. Recently, a few pictures and a vid has been leaked and from what I can understand they have done what a company can do with its third party service provider. The company brand is damaged but it is still associated with ZYL. As I understand some idol from a powerful group endorsed it previously before the sabotage happened. If ZYL continues to hold the contract would it affect him? If he let's go, will someone else benefit? You said there are anti-elements trying to attack him constantly, one of them is active on instagram. So will the fans still have negative connotations attached to the brand if ZYL continues? Also can you tell about about the eight families/groups?

Hi @TheRedDragon  Right now most 小笼包 are trying to stay low profile on the shampoo issue, there is not much discussion on this subject on weibo or forum because 小笼包 don't their words to be used to against ZYL . 小笼包 are waiting for shk and ZYL's agency to settle this issue. But for sure not that many 小笼包 buying shk products after the incident.  I will let you know if there is more update from ZYL's agency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

@yhl0802 Thank you so much for translations.:blush:

I don't know if it is ok with you but I wanted to know what is the status with the shampoo company. Recently, a few pictures and a vid has been leaked and from what I can understand they have done what a company can do with its third party service provider. The company brand is damaged but it is still associated with ZYL. As I understand some idol from a powerful group endorsed it previously before the sabotage happened. If ZYL continues to hold the contract would it affect him? If he let's go, will someone else benefit? You said there are anti-elements trying to attack him constantly, one of them is active on instagram. So will the fans still have negative connotations attached to the brand if ZYL continues? Also can you tell about about the eight families/groups?

Hi @TheRedDragon  Right now most 小笼包 are trying to stay low profile on the shampoo issue, there is not much discussion on this subject on weibo or forum because 小笼包 don't their words to be used to against ZYL . 小笼包 are waiting for shk and ZYL's agency to settle this issue. But for sure not that many 小笼包 buying shk products after the incident.  I will let you know if there is more update from ZYL's agency.

• Like 1

@yhl0802    THANK YOU IMMENSELY for the translation 1518254681.gif

also thank you so so much for all the explanation about ZYL nicknames... I've always wondering why he was called with that nicknames and the meanings, now I finally got it LOL :lol:

so we got a nickname as well? 3826508sHa_hehe.gif 8527739OKAsd.gif all right... here (Italy) it's lunch time and... with all this talking about meals I really get hungry  LOLOL 614306smilie_happy_309_zpsc880be77.gif

• Like 2

Hi, it has been long since I last posted here. Thank you for all the information and ZYL picture that all of you share here. They are really a treat to my eyes:D. I am happy hearing that our existence here is known by ZYL fans in China. In a way I feel like big family reunion :). I don't mind if my posts is quoted since this is a public forum.

Regarding the bad things happen with shampoo commercial, I try to look at it in a positive light. In a way, this just show that Zhu Yi Long has become very popular that attack on him (and perhaps to his fans too) has started. We as his fans need to show that we are a mature and logical people.This kind of attack in my opinion will just get more severe the more popular he is (and he will get more popular). Just take pride that he is that good that make those people think he is worth the effort to be attacked. I just hope his agency is able to protect his safety and interest. I also believe his fans and those who have worked with him know him enough to not fall easily to this bad rumor.

Now let talk about happy things. I have recently finished watching Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang ....with effort. The story left me with bad taste. ZYL character there Lian Cheng Bi is a poor guy who could not let go of a woman. Even though it show his loyalty, the woman just doesn't deserve him. His turn to bad side can work with more elaboration but well the drama just spend so much time in the romance of the main couple, thus the development of the antagonist is kind of neglected. One thing that I want to mention here is that ZYL looks much cooler when he becomes demon-like in the end. I literally just "wow:wub:" seeing him in that persona. I guess almost of us also agree that his Ye Zun in Guardian also looks cooler than Shen Wei. Therefore .....I kind of wish he will someday take an antagonist role that will make him the villain from the beginning :D. Not a secondary main lead turn to antagonist like Lian Cheng Bi or final antagonist like Ye Zun, but a real antagonist that is head to head with the protagonist from the beginning. Perhaps choosing a complex villain character?

I am trying to watch Love of three lifetime, but sadly cannot find eng sub :tears:

• Like 3

Hi @xienrue, miss you lol As for Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang, I gave up with the plot and I literally (spoiler) threw my feeling for the main couple out the window when Xiao Shi Yi Lang agrees to let the woman he loved marry Lian Cheng Bi knowing what he done (burned down her home, killing people etc...) That doesn't make sense to me :huh:  Highlight of the drama...Evil Lian Cheng Bi is hot!!! :wub:

If it is any other actors who have a rise in popularity, I would say the chance of them taking on an antagonist role is very slim but we are talking about ZYL here who loves a great challenge. I think as long as the drama/character interested him, he won't stay away from any antagonist role...which is why we all love him B)

I still haven't watch Love of a Three Lifetime even though I want to because that will be his last drama I didn't watch and I am saving it on day I am truly ZYL's dehydrated...if that makes sense lol

• Like 3

@BreezeC Hi!

Well, Bi Jun mother was more or less has it coming when she just insulted Lian Cheng Bi and his father. I understood that it was her maternal thing speaking but she must also understand her daughter was at fault.

Based on my experience reading Border Town Prodigal and its sequel novels, I can see that the writing style of Gu Long is not my cup of tea at all. If ZYL was not in Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang, I would never watch this drama. Border Town Prodigal was more bearable since the drama change things a bit with making Fu Hong Xue main focus instead of Ye Kai. I should commend ZYL here for his acting. Lian Cheng Bi is a pitiful character, just as Fu Hong Xue (even though Fu Hong Xue is bordering tragic .....) but the nuances that I got from those two characters were different. They are both sad characters, but I think ZYL was able to level their sad intensity differently.

Yes, I am agree with you that based on ZYL personality that we have seen up to now, he will have no qualm to take on antagonist role as long as it can provide challenge to him. It is often that antagonist role and anti-hero are more complex than the protagonist one. I hope with his increasing popularity, more Production house and Director will recognize his talent and give him a complex role.

• Like 2

Can you recomend any good antagonists in Chinese shows or movies? Because I have only seen very few works, and Nirvana in Fire is the one that comes to mind with good antagonists. Anything Republican era is usually not very layered, because of the need to include anti-Japanese propaganda (sort of like you don't see sympathetic nazi characters that often). But I've only seen a couple of shows. 

I'm in the minority, I guess, that thinks Shen Wei is sex on legs and Ye Zun is a weasel : p

By the way, I was just ruminating on Clown, as one does, and was thinking that in the end when the child was showing the petals to him and said she already has someone to take care of her, another theme of the show that scene plays on, is that art can be an eternal companion and comforter. Probably countless people have mentioned already, but I just realized.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xienrue said:

Well, Bi Jun mother was more or less has it coming when she just insulted Lian Cheng Bi and his father. I understood that it was her maternal thing speaking but she must also understand her daughter was at fault.

Based on my experience reading Border Town Prodigal and its sequel novels, I can see that the writing style of Gu Long is not my cup of tea at all. If ZYL was not in Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang, I would never watch this drama. Border Town Prodigal was more bearable since the drama change things a bit with making Fu Hong Xue main focus instead of Ye Kai. I should commend ZYL here for his acting. Lian Cheng Bi is a pitiful character, just as Fu Hong Xue (even though Fu Hong Xue is bordering tragic .....) but the nuances that I got from those two characters were different. They are both sad characters, but I think ZYL was able to level their sad intensity differently.

Shen Bi Jun's mother is just using him mostly throughout the drama and Lian Cheng Bi knows it. He is not as innocent as we all think at the beginning because I felt he is using her as well but it seems like his feeling for Bi Jun is more important and he didn't realize the mother will be that heartless in ruining his family name. To be honest, I may be the only one but I felt even at the beginning he is not that goody two shoes, I always felt like you don't know what he is planning or thinking...It is not doubt that Shen Bi Jun and her mother cause him to completely turned over but he is not that innocent of a guy either. In contrast, Fu Hong Xue is completely innocent and you can tell at the core of him, he is a kind person. No matter what happened or what life throws at him, he never really kill for selfish reason or hurt anyone intentionally. I am not fond of Gu Long either and I never can finish watching any of his stories because honestly, I don't like his characters...they are all a little bit too gloomy and complicated in a not too fond sort of way and some of the plot...*sigh* 

• Like 1