Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

1 minute ago, BreezeC said:

@katthy Same here, I actually love the long hair and ponytail but his look now is refreshing too He can always grew it back when the time is right. He indeed looks very young with this new look. 

How do people even notice him so covered up? If I am a normal person in the airport, I will just see a random casual young man...of course, if I look close enough I will recognize the beautiful big eyes and pimple lol

Btw, out of curiosity, anyone know where is his home based (I don't mean his hometown)? Beijing? If so, he can finally go home and get some rest. :)

Beijing, his parents moved to Beijing for work since his was a little boy, so he stayed with his grandparents for a long time. After he got into Beijing Film Academy the whole family was reunion in Beijing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@katthy a fun fact: Chinese fans usually call Professor Shen in Guardian Beauty Shen and call Zhu Yilong Beauty Zhu. In the novel, When Kunlun was going to sacrifice himself, he said to the little Royal Ghost  that he was not able to see the little beauty growing up.  Zhao Yunlan also calls Shen Wei Beauty. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, biskotmeri said:

@qjys Really? hahaha.. i showed him to my sister and she said he looks old-ish but "handsome from some angles" ugh someday i'm gonna fight her really. But i do notice he looks a lot fresher and youthful these days, maybe because of the new haircut or i dunno, maybe the foreign air since he's been travelling so much. Or maybe that loreal revitalift really delivers and works wonders on his skin lol perhaps i should get one for my wrinkles T_T

@biskotmeri Yes, but only the first picture by Elle and last picture by VOGUEme. For the rest photos, depending on which one to show to me, my guess would be between 25 -35 years old, such a wide range. Perhaps you showed wrong pictures to your sister. :-)

Photoshop and make-up do miracles. :D

• LOL 1

@siobhanne I am curious how you turn on google translation when you watch videos with floating Chinese subtitles. Would you mind to copy the examples (floating and embedded captions) to this thread and explain it? I could not access the one you shared on weibo.  Thank you!

• Like 1

I am also confused by these airport pictures. If I recall correctly he asked fans not to come to the airport? Are these basically these stalker fans taking these pictures? In that case we agreed we won't endorse such pictures here. So even though I'm naturally curious, I think we shouldn't have this info on his whereabouts at every moment, unless it's to do with work and an official event. Or if it's a random fan encounter (like by surprise meeting a game of thrones actor at a fashion show). Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'm starting to feel like I'm harassing him if I know all his flight schedules and where he is at every moment. (roughly that he's flying to Beijing today and look at how much work he has should be fine in my opinion?). Especially because such stalker fans are known to chase the cars of celebrities and create very dangerous traffic conditions. So if others agree, then even though I'm grateful for all news on him, maybe the stalking and airport and going to his filmset or hotel, such pictures people can view privately if they're interested (plus Vogue will take us to his hotel room in official capacity ;)). I realize not all the fans who go to the airport are stalkers, there are also kids who want to go one time because it's their only chance of seeing him. Same for the hotel. So I'm not calling anyone bad. But he did ask people not to go. 

What do you guys think? I hope I'm not hurting anyone's feelings. I'm also an extremely curious person and secretly want to know if he's doing well at any moment, and I'm not upset at all or judgemental, I just want to make sure our gazes are not hurting him. Because once I see it, I can't resist looking at it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@qjys Sure. I'm just linking the ones on weibo, tell me if you can't see them.

Basically on Bilibili there are options for captions, there's an upper row, from what I understand this is for visitors? Usually it's fan comments there saying how gorgeous he is etc. Then there's the scrolling one, which I basically have off all the time, because I want to see the video. I think people read this when they're rewatching? And then there's the bottom one, which is for the uploader I think? And all of these, if you have installed browser extensions to translate (google chrome also has an inbuilt one, but I also installed an extra google translate extension, because the inbuilt one doesn't always appear), can be translated by google chrome. I think I've only tried it in the chrome browser though. This works on bilibili, on youku it doesn't work. It can take some time, so you can pause the video. And if it doesn't work with the inbuilt google translate, then install the google translate extension from the app store (it's anyway useful, because it allows to highlight just a small piece of text or a word and to translate it). 

But so far only this live is basically almost fully covered with floating subs, and I don't really know how to search for videos with floating subs : (. At least I got to see him eat tiger peppers, and complain about the lack of meat and spiciness and talk about stepping on that girl's dress and his ants. : ) I haven't shared this before because I had the vague notion of posting the subs on youtube, but I've basically been too lazy to do that.

006zfxkEgy1fueav48axdj30f60go4b9.jpg 

If people embed their captions into the video, then it doesn't work obviously. This is quite frustrating because the subs are so close, yet so far : p Google translating some 3-4 minutes of video with embedded subs takes me half a day (if I also add them in youtube), so I only bother with videos I'm extremely curious about. Or I do some really short ones. 

006zfxkEgy1fueavbjp8gj30c60gs12s.jpg

This part is the staff's question I think? Anyway, this live remains a mystery although there are subs : (.

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2018 at 2:19 PM, siobhanne said:

Hide contents

His part:

Hello everyone, I'm Zhu Yi Long!
Finished
What do you want to say?
I have a picture to imagine myself
the image of a clown.
I used to play 
Many of my chraacters are
something on the face will be a little more.
Then a clown
after he blackened his eyes
your little facial expressions
basically can't see it
So I think for me
also an attempt at
a challenge.

-That will cover your handsome face
-Are you sure?
*Handsome Zhu*

I feel very good.

-Are you willing to be covered?

Yes.
Actually, I used to
I have always liked children very much.

-So you may want this story
-to have a child

Mhmm.

-Boy or girl?

Girl.

-So fast

Yes. (laughs)
Because I like daughters.

-He did not hesitate to hear him
-indeed, yes.

Then there is a son after that.
he is watching that
when watching the video
will he be particularly disappointed?
Actually I also like sons very much.
*Knows how to stay in line. I will see you in the future*

-The child is also not good to pick
-We only have one.

It's a big challenge.
*Little actor is too difficult to control*

-For the obsessive compulsive disorder of my work
-I am never afraid of difficulty
-As long as you like, you want
-must be able to achieve it

I translated the part as following: 

Z: Hello everyone, I’m Zhu Yilong. I’ve finished. What are additional greetings?

Z: I pictured myself to be a clown. The roles I used to play, most roles had a lot of facial expressions. For a clown with dark eyes,the micro-expressions would be invisible. Therefore, it will be an exploration for me, a new challenge.

Director (D): If so, your handsome face won’t be seen

Z: That's OK.

D: Are you sure you don't mind not showing your handsome face?

Z: Yes, I am sure. 

Z: I used to, I always like children very much.

D: So you would like to have a kid in the show

Z: Yes

D: A boy or a girl

Z: A girl

D: (You gave such) a quick response

Z: Yes. Because I like daughters (me: implying he wishes to have daughters in the future)

D: He replied without hesitation!

* Sense something not right*

Z: What if I have a son in the future? Will he be very disappointed when he watches this video? Actually, I also like sons very much. (me: oh, prevent troubles in the future )

D: It is hard to select a kid (for this show).

D: there is only one short story.( I am not sure about this translation. It might be a jargon)

Z: Yes, this is a also a big challenge

D: As a perfectionist in my work, I am not afraid of challenge. If you ask for it, I will satisfy the request

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So a girl was selected due to Zhu Yilong’s request. I am deeply impressed by the director after watching the show. He is amazing. I am curious whether Mongo TV made special arrangement to get the director to work with Zhu Yilong. He was involved in filming The Sun Also Rising and was associate director for Let the Bullets Fly. Both were directed by Jiang Wen. It is well-known that Zhu Yilong dreams of an opportunity to work with Jiang Wen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hide contents

#But I think the last one
#That line
#It's the feeling of the point to the hole (feel free to interpret this, I give up)
#Special sour feeling
#That is enough
#Let this whole work be established
#The climax does not need to say
#How passionate you are
#But it must hold the acupunture point (google translate does not do poetry, sorry)
#They did it
¤Especially like them this
¤That is, they are two
¤two very unconvinced people (this probably means something else)
¤my feeling
+yes, unconvinced people.
¤Although you lived miserably
¤But your heart is stilll there
¤It's very handsome

+the story between the two of them
+maybe the director is also thinking
+or Zhu Yi Long
+I also want to be small or big

-I hope that you or everyone can
-that is the greatest joy
-from small to big

Translation of this part: 

Wang Fei (female guest): I think the last line hits the spot. (I feel) fully satisfied.

(If you have done acupuncture, when the needle hit the acupuncture point, you will feel pain as well as feel relaxed and refreshed. She used acupuncture to describe her feeling)

That is the highlight of the work. The climax is not necessarily to be very provocative, but it must be able to hit the spot (the acupuncture point), and they did it.

Li Dan (male guest): I like those two (characters) very much. They won’t be defeated. Even though they live miserable lives, they keep their spirit high. They are awesome.

He Jiong (the host): The story between the two, perhaps the director intended to, or Zhu Yilong (intended to) convey profound message with a simple, short story

Wei Xiao (the director): If you or the audiences enjoy it, we will feel great joy. Conveying profound message with simple, short story.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@qjys Thanks! Since I don't know what they're saying I'm trying to restrict myself from putting the translation into normal speak, letting others interpret instead, so I'm so grateful to have a real translation. There was a clip earlier in the show I think where Wei Xiao goes to the Mango TV event to surprise him and at least by face Zhu Yi Long had no idea who he was. It's also super awesome to see the respect for Zhu Yi Long develop in the director. He starts off a bit cold (normal with a person you just met), and doubting his decisions, are you really sure you want to do this or that etc. But by the end he is just so delighted with him : ) And yeah, seems like an awesome drector, and I think he's also a screenwriter. And his laugh is so infectious. Doesn't his name translate as Dangerous laughter or something (maybe just for google, or a nickname)? : D What a suitable name in that case.

Hide contents

+I want to ask
+the middle theatre is called
+Pig One Dragon
+Why not Red One Dragon?
+But Pig One Dragon
+Is there any source for this?

The director asked at that time
What is the name of this theatre?
Then I think this was originally
This work is a little
A little absurd
I said that it doesn't matter
Then laugh at yourself

+Then there is a place
+I want to ask
+you got lost
+opened a wrong door
+Still the design is

I froze for a moment
That is you will short circuit
because i am too familiar
I need to go back and forth in this scene
Three times like this
Run away
-it's too real, it's too real
*endure*

+fortunately today you remembered to open the door
+remembered it well

Translation of this part: 

He Jiong (the host): I’d like to ask, the theatre is called Pig One Dragon. Why not Red One Dragon? Is there a reason behind it?

Zhu Yilong: The director asked for the name of the theatre. I think the story is a little, a little bit absurd. (So) I said I didn't mind to make fun of myself.

He Jiong: There is something else that I’d like to ask. Did you get lost and open a wrong door or was it designed.

Zhu Yilong: I was stunned for an instant and my mind was blank. I am so familiar with (the setting) as I need to go back and forth in this setting three times. I lost track. (did it right once in rehearsal but hit the light. Director: it is so vivid, so vivid.)

*helpless*

He Jiong: Luckily you realized it when you opened the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

me: I don’t understand why they think the story is absurd. I thought absurd play was different. This show somehow reminds me of Charles Dickens. Would anyone shed a light for me?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hide contents

(points to Wei Xiao) *My heart belongs*
(totally misses a high five opportunity, everyone laughs)
*have a high five, without a high five* (google translated as "ride", dunno)
+you take a ride, I take a ride (I'm guessing some slang for high fives, dunno)
+fortunately there is not a ride
+good or not

The host made good use of a meaning of a word in a  Chinese phrase and changed two words in the phrase to praise the extraordinary teamwork of Zhu Yilong and the director. Then with the exact same words of the phrase (normally this phrase means something else) he vividly described the incident that Zhu Yilong missed the high five and implied the consequence of no cooperation among team members (This is the moment to show the skills of a host and He Jiong is excellent.). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, siobhanne said:

I am also confused by these airport pictures. If I recall correctly he asked fans not to come to the airport? Are these basically these stalker fans taking these pictures? In that case we agreed we won't endorse such pictures here. So even though I'm naturally curious, I think we shouldn't have this info on his whereabouts at every moment, unless it's to do with work and an official event. Or if it's a random fan encounter (like by surprise meeting a game of thrones actor at a fashion show). Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'm starting to feel like I'm harassing him if I know all his flight schedules and where he is at every moment. (roughly that he's flying to Beijing today and look at how much work he has should be fine in my opinion?). Especially because such stalker fans are known to chase the cars of celebrities and create very dangerous traffic conditions. So if others agree, then even though I'm grateful for all news on him, maybe the stalking and airport and going to his filmset or hotel, such pictures people can view privately if they're interested (plus Vogue will take us to his hotel room in official capacity ;)). I realize not all the fans who go to the airport are stalkers, there are also kids who want to go one time because it's their only chance of seeing him. Same for the hotel. So I'm not calling anyone bad. But he did ask people not to go. 

What do you guys think? I hope I'm not hurting anyone's feelings. I'm also an extremely curious person and secretly want to know if he's doing well at any moment, and I'm not upset at all or judgemental, I just want to make sure our gazes are not hurting him. Because once I see it, I can't resist looking at it. 

The pics I sent before are from a famous internet media "the orange from capital", not from fans, so don't worry about that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, qjys said:

@katthy a fun fact: Chinese fans usually call Professor Shen in Guardian Beauty Shen and call Zhu Yilong Beauty Zhu. In the novel, When Kunlun was going to sacrifice himself, he said to the little Royal Ghost  that he was not able to see the little beauty growing up.  Zhao Yunlan also calls Shen Wei Beauty.

whaaaaa thank you so much to share those kind of info... I didn't read the novel (yet)... but I'm planning to do as soon as it will be finshed to translate in Italian (will be more easy to read for me... lol but it's not said... I could surrender to curiosity and read the eng version lol)

THANKSSSSS :kiss_wink:

Plus... I really have to thank you SO SO SO MUCH for your additional translation for the Phantacity videos... you're blessed!!!!! :heart:

I don't think the story is absurd too... I don't know why they're considering it like this... *lost*  I found it so simple and at the same so touching... I cryed a lot... and not just once... I think ZYL has been a genius to think and portray such a story!!!!

I have few more videos with which I could require help to understand... I hope you guys will can help me... as soon as I'll have time I'll post them :sweatingbullets:

@siobhanne THANKS for your explanation about to make translation of sub for chinese vids... I didn't understand much... I'll try to read it again more carefully to try to figure it out better ^_^

3 hours ago, siobhanne said:

@qjys Sure. I'm just linking the ones on weibo, tell me if you can't see them.

Basically on Bilibili there are options for captions, there's an upper row, from what I understand this is for visitors? Usually it's fan comments there saying how gorgeous he is etc. Then there's the scrolling one, which I basically have off all the time, because I want to see the video. I think people read this when they're rewatching? And then there's the bottom one, which is for the uploader I think? 

But so far only this live is basically almost fully covered with floating subs, and I don't really know how to search for videos with floating subs : (.

This part is the staff's question I think? Anyway, this live remains a mystery although there are subs : (.

@siobhanne  Thank you very much! I haven't figured out how to find videos with floating subs as well. Perhaps webcast and interviews have higher chance with floating subs? 

The scrolling captions which can be turned off are comments made by audiences when they watch the video. 

The second one seems to be a webcast to promote the movie Hu Yang's Summer based what's written on the picture. If it is the one that he had to move from his office to outside during the webcast because of the issue of wireless connection, there is nothing interesting as far as I could recall. It shows as picture on my computer. If you are curious, I can double check when you provide the link. 

Regarding what's posted in the thread, I totally agree with you. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, siobhanne said:

@qjys Thanks!  It's also super awesome to see the respect for Zhu Yi Long develop in the director. He starts off a bit cold (normal with a person you just met), and doubting his decisions, are you really sure you want to do this or that etc. But by the end he is just so delighted with him : ) And yeah, seems like an awesome drector, and I think he's also a screenwriter. And his laugh is so infectious. Doesn't his name translate as Dangerous laughter or something (maybe just for google, or a nickname)? : D What a suitable name in that case.

You are welcome!  I am amazed that you and other international fans follow him so heartedly with all those barriers!

The part he was asking whether Zhu Yilong was really sure he wanted to do this or that is when he asked whether Zhu Yilong was OK not showing his handsome face. :-) Most young actors/actresses in China are very sensitive about their looks. So he would like to double confirm. (He might be  surprised that a handsome young actor did not care about his looks). 

Yes, he is also a screenwriter. One Chinese character can have multiple meanings. His last name is Wei, same character as the one means dangerous. That's why google translates that way. First name means smile/laugh. Perhaps his parents wish him a happy life and named him Xiao. It's just my personal guessing.  

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, katthy said:

whaaaaa thank you so much to share those kind of info... I didn't read the novel (yet)... but I'm planning to do as soon as it will be finshed to translate in Italian (will be more easy to read for me... lol but it's not said... I could surrender to curiosity and read the eng version lol)

THANKSSSSS :kiss_wink:

I have few more videos with which I could require help to understand... I hope you guys will can help me... as soon as I'll have time I'll post them :sweatingbullets:

Is someone translating it in Italian?!  The English translation is so good that I feel it is better than a lot of professional translators. I was quite surprised to learn that the translator is a student studying law. 

After you post the videos, I will take a look when I have time. 

• Like 2

Hi all, 

I'm a big fan of Guardian and of course Zhu Yilong and Baiyu. You guys seem really informative. I was wondering if anyone else know any other forums of Guardian that is in English? I have joined a really good one with like minded and passionate people! They have Tons of info on Guardian and do lots of translation too. 

I was really frustrated not being able to get any detailed information that wasn't in chinese and was really happy to find Soompi too. Not sure if I'm allowed to put link up here? So sorry if I have done wrong!

https://discord.gg/uHs7sr

• Like 1