Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

10 hours ago, lizzieyen said:

@katthy  there is english sub for Border Town Prodigal on YT but its only until episode 21 I think. Which should give you an idea of how tragic his character is so the subsequent episodes you can forward just to see his acting skills and love scenes with both female leads. LOL. There are a few clips just of ZYL and him with the female leads on YT so once the eng sub runs out, you can watch these instead!! :) 

Royal Sister Returns is subbed up to ep 20 - its called The Princess is Back though on YT - and again I think its sufficient just to watch ZYL. He has great chemistry with Ady An and their interactions in the first 12-15 episodes are golden - it goes fairly dogblood in any case from then on so again FF button just to his scenes should be sufficient.

I know Lizzieyen... and the problem for me is that are subbed just half... and I'm a very strange person LOL no, I mean... when I start watching a drama I also would like to understand it, above all if it's of my lovely ZYL since I want to know what he says with those expressions and I'd love to feel his characters...  so I'm always waiting for a complete subbing before watch them... I hope before or late... BUT eventually I could surrender and watch them anyway like you suggested LOL ;)

10 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Please reconsider watching Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang and feel free to skip as many scenes as you like as I abused the fast forward function though out the drama and his character is a bit boring at the beginning since he doesn't come out often but I love the last part since it does focus on him a lot lol And here's a mv to motivate you lol

OMG!!!! Thank you so much for the video... I'm already hooked into it... ZYL is... WOWWWWW!!!! I definitely watch it, since that for "Granting you a dreamlike life" it will take still a while to have eng subs... in the maintime I'll watch this! :wub:

new.jpg

Official Shooting begins at Hengdian Studios

Youku

https://sky.vip.youku.com/svip/snsweixin/sicangzhuyilong

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzg1NjM2ODc4MA==.html

Weiquan 

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/jFe9h6dUT?fid=1034:4293651841380693

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/jF8RoCfXi?fid=1034:4293351504055573

幻乐之城 Phantacity

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/jFbHYxVMP?fid=1034:4293325839373038

00783Qshgy1fw33p039nkj31kw11ykjt.jpg

Aiman Data first with most active fans

a7af5631ly1fw2c2xkq39j20j609tmxd.jpg

Lenovo

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/jFbI17SZl?fid=1034:4293512720755178

671bab3aly1fw3fd5n24yj20a90i4k04.jpg

cr Van_陌哓轩

b298bc2aly1fvzg94jm64j20w71qenpd.jpg

b298bc2aly1fw3busnm6tj20u01hc4qp.jpg

671bab3aly1fw31fblw3uj21xg2kge82.jpg

671bab3aly1fw31fdcm2nj22082o4kjm.jpg

671bab3aly1fw31fecmxvj21jk21yx6p.jpg

6acbf225ly1fw3070um93j20no0dcwlv.jpg

86a37baagy1fw3g513ycaj23vc2kw4qs.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, siobhanne said:

@katthy he had 3 roles between Shen Wei and the interviews with Bai Yu, so if there was a ghost of a role in him it was his role in my true friend, not Shen Wei.  

yeah I know... BUT still... I believe that Shen Wei character may have affected him more than we think... (and probably more than what himself  expected)... considering that he's a shy and reserved person, he may have felt himself so confortable with Shen Wei personality that he could have "borrowed" and made it as his own in real life...  I'm not saying he did it, do not get me wrong, ... absolutely...I'm probably wrong and it can be just my perception... but I've always had the feeling that he resembled a bit to his character (Shen Wei) when at first I've started to searching for him and watching his interviews.... LOL
It could be because of this or not but I still can tell that he's less talkative than before Guardian, more shy than before... don't you think? 7666200timida.gif

@TheRedDragon thank you very much for the Vouge article translation :kiss_wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katthy said:

yeah I know... BUT still... I believe that Shen Wei character may have affected him more than we think... (and probably more than what himself  expected)... considering that he's a shy and reserved person, he may have felt himself so confortable with Shen Wei personality that he could have "borrowed" and made it as his own in real life...  I'm not saying he did it, do not get me wrong, ... absolutely...I'm probably wrong and it can be just my perception... but I've always had the feeling that he resembled a bit to his character (Shen Wei) when at first I've started to searching for him and watching his interviews.... LOL
It could be because of this or not but I still can tell that he's less talkative than before Guardian, more shy than before... don't you think? 7666200timida.gif

No, I don't think so :p I haven't seen an outgoing interview if his, except for that variety show in 2010. During the filming of granting you a blabla he was a tiny bit more... Punky? So that for me speaks against him still being affected by Shen Wei. Then, I've never seen any of his long time fans mention a change pre filming of guardian compared to after. I mean, if you think about it, it's an extraordinary claim that this one character that he had no way of knowing would have such a large impact on his life would be so influential on his personality. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It seems much more likely to me that you're projecting your own love of the character onto him, and are especially tuned in to the similarities. Anyway, it seems that I'm picking at something pointless. It's just that in my work and life I find it very important to analyse how I come to conclusions, and to always look for any biases I might have and to look at the strength of the evidence. Which is why I'm inclined to be a pedant and try to ruin the fun for others as well. I don't mind feelings and hunches when it comes to analysis of fictional characters, but since this is a real person.. At least for me, I would feel uncomfortable if people made such claims about me if they weren't true. So that's why I'm representing the other side and saying that Shen Wei feels to me so different from Zhu Yi Long, that when I see pictures of Shen Wei I actively have to remind myself that it's Zhu Yi Long. And I don't sense any big character shifts, although I do think we maybe see only limited sides of him so we might be surprised by how extraverted he can be in some situations. But that's just my hunch, based on nothing at all :p(except general knowledge about how people operate). 

He seems to be the type that will distant from you, but once he knows you, he’ll be comfortable around you.  I’ve watched his interviews and all the events pictures.  He is very nervous, and stiff when taking picture.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, siobhanne said:

No, I don't think so :p I haven't seen an outgoing interview if his, except for that variety show in 2010. During the filming of granting you a blabla he was a tiny bit more... Punky? So that for me speaks against him still being affected by Shen Wei. Then, I've never seen any of his long time fans mention a change pre filming of guardian compared to after. I mean, if you think about it, it's an extraordinary claim that this one character that he had no way of knowing would have such a large impact on his life would be so influential on his personality. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It seems much more likely to me that you're projecting your own love of the character onto him, and are especially tuned in to the similarities. Anyway, it seems that I'm picking at something pointless. It's just that in my work and life I find it very important to analyse how I come to conclusions, and to always look for any biases I might have and to look at the strength of the evidence. Which is why I'm inclined to be a pedant and try to ruin the fun for others as well. I don't mind feelings and hunches when it comes to analysis of fictional characters, but since this is a real person.. At least for me, I would feel uncomfortable if people made such claims about me if they weren't true. So that's why I'm representing the other side and saying that Shen Wei feels to me so different from Zhu Yi Long, that when I see pictures of Shen Wei I actively have to remind myself that it's Zhu Yi Long. And I don't sense any big character shifts, although I do think we maybe see only limited sides of him so we might be surprised by how extraverted he can be in some situations. But that's just my hunch, based on nothing at all :p(except general knowledge about how people operate).  

You're right when you say that I have no evidences for what I said BUT ... I also said that I could indeed be wrong and that it was just the result of my impression...
I knew it would have seemed that I projected my love for the character (Shen Wei) on the way I see and perceive ZYL, but it is not, BELIEVE ME! In fact when I see ZYL I DO NOT see Shen Wei in him at all ... What seemed to me, was just more shyness in the way ZYL express himself after Guardian and it COULD HAVE BEEN due to his difficulty to get out of the character... I repeat that I'm absolutely not declaring it ... and I DON'T WANT to state any theory here, it is ONLY my feeling, my mere hypothesis here... PLS don't get me wrong!
I said that even if it were so, that he's less talkative, it could very well be for his increased success or even for the fact that he's more mature now... may very well also be dependent on the type of interview or other ... and IT COULD BE JUST MY IMMAGINATION... who knows :sweatingbullets::lol:
I truly respect your point of view according to which you have not noticed differences ... in fact I was curious to know what you guys thoughts about it ;)

• Like 2

@katthy yeah, don't worry. You were clear that it's just your impression. I'm more just cautioning to always carefully examine the impressions you have and come up with alternative hypotheses as to why you might have them. And yeah, I can't say that I've felt any of the same and I'd also be surprised if it were true. If he's affected by a role during the interviews with bai yu, it would be his then current role, in my opinion. Also because such impressions often become accepted lore in forums once more people have them, as if that's more evidence of them being true (as opposed to just more impressions that are also contaminated by the original impression). 

I guess it also brought to mind for me all the shipping threads, which drive me totally crazy (yours is very benign and at least rooted in reality). People there are the definition of Texas sharpshooter fallacy. I really can't bear to look at photos of matching shirt patterns or whatnot : p. 

As I said, I'm a bit of a pedant about such things so I hope you can forgive me when I chime in to ruin the fun ;) I'm also not saying you're wrong, obviously I don't know what the truth is any more than you do and my opinion is not more valuable than yours. Just. Always keep in mind what the evidence is and isn't and then your impressions won't sneakily morph into 'truths'. (those shippers really, agh). 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, katthy said:

I knew it would have seemed that I projected my love for the character (Shen Wei) on the way I see and perceive ZYL, but it is not, BELIEVE ME! In fact when I see ZYL I DO NOT see Shen Wei in him at all ... What seemed to me, was just more shyness in the way ZYL express himself after Guardian and it COULD HAVE BEEN due to his difficulty to get out of the character... I repeat that I'm absolutely not declaring it ... and I DON'T WANT to state any theory here, it is ONLY my feeling, my mere hypothesis here... PLS don't get me wrong!
I said that even if it were so, that he's less talkative, it could very well be for his increased success or even for the fact that he's more mature now... may very well also be dependent on the type of interview or other ... and IT COULD BE JUST MY IMMAGINATION... who knows :sweatingbullets::lol:
I truly respect your point of view according to which you have not noticed differences ... in fact I was curious to know what you guys thoughts about it ;)

I just yesterday posted that interview about ZYL and Shen Wei so I remember that he said the common thing both of them have is that they have self restraint and are quiet people. So ZYL is naturally very shy, a quality of keen observer. He is a superb actor so he can fill the screen with his charm and magnetism and yet off-screen disappear behind thin air. There is this common thought on ZYL48 roles of his that he is always different in each behind the scenes of that particular show. 

Remember that Baiyu always said that his complain was that ZYL didn't smile, was very cold, a conversation killer and very aloof. He is shy but not cold as many people report, but Shen Wei had very similar qualities. During Guardian promo, ZYL always said that BY was childish but mature, like a little bro. He also called him Xiao Bai meaning little Bai. Baiyu took lead because he naturally does that anyway so ZYL is content to be the observer.

So like Shen Wei he can be quiet person and being with Baiyu/Zhao Yunlan can also bring him partially to same headspace of their established roles. They already had a set pattern of relationship set on Guardian production, so I think that while he was not Shen Wei, he did behave similarly with Baiyu until after sometime he got comfortable in his situation outside the role to be himself enough. Likewise, he was very easygoing with Baiyu but on set of True Friends he didn't seem to have similar camaraderie so he will probably be Jing Ran rather than ZYL with them. Okay this is really confusing.:blink::sweatingbullets:

So do you know that Phantacity keeps on luring ZYL fans to forward their posts and keeps giving tidbits of his show to promote their next episode. Can someone with weibo suggest them to give his rehearsal for the show without makeup? Because here he looks like a Shakespearean prince.

5f034df1ly1fvrqkirq3nj22kx3vau14.jpg

@siobhanne  here it is 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRedDragon said:

So like Shen Wei he can be quiet person and being with Baiyu/Zhao Yunlan can also bring him partially to same headspace of their established roles. They already had a set pattern of relationship set on Guardian production, so I think that while he was not Shen Wei, he did behave similarly with Baiyu until after sometime he got comfortable in his situation outside the role to be himself enough.

OH YES THANKS RedDragon, that's it, it must be this the reason that got me that impression, watching their interviews and brought me to think that ZYL kept this quiet, shy and cold behave even after Guardian :sweatingbullets::lol:
But... nevermind we'll never really know so... let's stop to talk about this :P
Don't worry @siobhanne you didn't ruin the fun at all, at the opposite I like to confront myself with you all that follow ZYL from before me :kiss_wink:

1 hour ago, TheRedDragon said:

Can someone with weibo suggest them to give his rehearsal for the show without makeup? Because here he looks like a Shakespearean prince. 

OMG!!!! THIS could definitely kill me!!!!  oh YESSS PLS, I'm willing to take the risk LOL

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, katthy said:

Don't worry @siobhanne you didn't ruin the fun at all, at the opposite I like to confront myself with you all that follow ZYL from before me :kiss_wink:

OMG!!!! THIS could definitely kill me!!!!  oh YESSS PLS, I'm willing to take the risk LOL

Haha. A couple of weeks at most if that, I don't think we need to stress about that. I'm just a proponent of critical thinking (as a specific technique), as my regular rants demonstrate : p

Lol, you're so brave :p

• Like 2

Hi all! As the official shooting begins, I ask everyone to contribute to the topic and discussion and those who can translate, please share titbits and anything you can find. Also if there are any errors please message me to correct. If there is somebody who can actively translate please message me so certain pictures and material can be translated. Thank you:blush:

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 12:06 PM, node said:

If you are Mac user, go with iMovies, if you are PC user, go with https://www.shencut.com/ it's free and powerful, but not sure if it has English version a not...

I assumed everyone in this forums are girls :joy: so am I, I live in Canada, but born in China so actually my Chinese is better than my English. 

btw I have to keep mention this: most of the fmvs I posted on my youtube channel are authorized re-uploads, I'm not the original editors, credits are listed in the description. For ZYL I made few fmv myself this is one of them: 

@node i love all of your video especialy AU war theme with back song from Sha bao liang, hidden fragrance.

Because that video, i'm looking for yilong and bai yu movie war and anything about Sha bao liang... I love his voice and the song, it's so beautiful

#sorryformybadenglish

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xienrue said:

I have to say that ZYL get more handsome the older he is  :blush:

all right that's a statement: I love him in any way, in any character, with any costume, with any wig or not, smiling, tearful...mad, sad or happy, I can't, CAN'T choose, that's it! :heart::P

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Thanks for the update @TheRedDragon  1523366164.gif

I'm particularly enchanted by the VogueMe interview...

source: VogueMe Weibo

I mean... He’s incredible, it's amazing the way he can bring out the sexier and charming man that is in him in front of the camera to then… go back to be the shy and reserved man that he usually is (not that he isn't sexy and charming usually eh! I'm not saying that LOL )… SO FASCINATING!!!!! :heart:

Friends... any help to understand what he's saying? 1518254691.gif

• Thanks 1