[Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스

puppyjjang

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, adqu said:

god, that was bad. it's like, the writer saw all the criticism and said: "you know those things you all have said you don't like about abyss? yeah, i'll just give you even more of that and even less of the already few aspects of it you actually enjoy :D"

lady, we don't care about hee jin&her mom nor yong cheol nearly half as much as you think we do lol

:lol: This! It also felt like Min had hardly any scenes today and the two scenes SY and CM did have were basically just for product placement.

19 hours ago, greezlybee said:

Things I love from this episode:

-CM sleeping outside SY’s ‘room’ and ended up sleeping together. Especially when SY caught him staring at her!!!! 

-SY being such a caring person to HJ and her mom. The way she hugs her twice in this episode and yelling “I’m going to kill you if you lay a finger on HJ” to YC in the preview is just so lovely. 

-MD helping out HJ and her mom is also lovely :) 

-SY finding out about almost everything and yeay we now know what really happened between the chief prosecutor and shady Seo! The pieces are starting to form a picture. 

Things I hate from this episode:

-THE EXISTENCE OF OYC AND SHADY SEO. 

-CM’s mom tbh. She’s so weird.   

Now, I’m questioning with PGM’s motives.... hm...

CM's mum is brash, snobby and interfering but I feel like her heart is in the right place.  She's a typical K-drama mother but with a ton of money.  She's done a background check on MD, decided she is suitable and wants them to get married but she just storms in and dictates to MD's family because she deals with everyone like they are her employees lol!

12 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

I am not even bothering to comment on the non existent plot. Of the meandering repeats of the same 2 villains. Of a supposedly sharp prosecutor who seems to have lost her smarts. Or a smart CEO who is like a reactive twit. I don't know what jobs you watchers do in real life- but in my work- we don't react. We are pro-active. It's driving me batty looking at the way the good guys fumble around. It's a comedy mystery. But it didn't say fumbling comedy no brains  required drama did it? I thought it was a fantasy/ mystery/ romance genre maybe?

What I would say is that the coffee PPL was the funniest PPL I have seen. Ever. I am going to repeat it after this post. I stopped halfway, rewound it and watched it again. The swooning secretaries was the best. In fact, I have watched coffee CFs before when I do live streaming. I just rofl when I saw his profile through the glass. Lol. 

Seriously? That was the 2nd best part of the episode. The first was the bed scene. Although even I wanted to smack SY for being restless and coming out.

The writer- needs to make up their minds- if they actually want their OTPs to look like fools. Or actually be intelligent. Because at the rate this is going, I can't rewatch this drama after it ends. Cute OTP or not.

I agree the drama makes the characters look foolish especially given SY's background and the resources at CM's disposal. The bad guys and the audience are always about 5 steps ahead of the good guys and waiting for them to catch-up.

The PPL in the drama (and all K-dramas and C-drmas) kills me!  The coffee and vacuum scenes were ridiculous!  I don't know how actors do these scenes with a straight face.  In my country PPL of this kind is illegal so I am always amazed by these bold PPL scenes on Asian dramas. 

12 hours ago, mskk1354 said:

Man heejin' mom is causing so much trouble. I had a deja vu moment cuz I feel like i just watched this in the last episode. Why can't HJ and her mom have security guard. This is similar to a slasher movie. The characters are dumb and don't learn from their mistakes. I get that they're trying to portray realistic characters but it's just not working. Wtf does the killer still have the abyss. Is this show even about abyss anymore? He's had it since episode 4 or 5. Why didn't Soyeon suspect Seo from the beginning. She's supposed to be smart and intelligent. And you can tell he had motives from beginning. At this point I'm confused what Seo's trying to do with HJ's mom. Like does he care for her or does he want her dead? From flashback, we can see that he had a traumatic childhood, notnjust him but heejin and the other siblings. And HJ's mom was there to protect seo. But then if cared for her, he would've never kidnapped. Is the real ji-wook the doppelganger of taejin or do they look different? 

Chamina and Soyeon are super cute in this episode.

Yep! The good guys being stupid for the plot again!  HJ's mother getting outside was ridiculous.  They know YC is on the loose but they didn't set an alarm or securely lock the bedroom door OR the door to the flat to prevent anyone getting in or even a woman with mental health disabilities getting OUT?  CM was so protective he was even going to the toilet with SY but HJ who was supposedly soooo worried about her mother just slept whilst she got out of bed. No police or security assigned to them knowing that YC was on the loose?  This luxury apartment complex doesn't have a concierge or security guard in the foyer who could have noticed a confused and distressed middle-aged woman with a mental health disability  in her bare feet wondering around and out of the building *FACEPALM*

The other character don't seem to care about the Abyss at all anymore. Nobody seems bothered it's been in the hands of pure evil for weeks now :mellow:

@taeunfightingI didn't enjoy the episode as much as you did but I agree we at least made some progress in the plot and the good guys finally caught up with things the audience has known for weeks.  Nice to see the theory Taejin = shady Seo was correct.

8 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Not sure what information YC obtained/learned to make him think that he will become a different person after he gets revived again. CM was still the same person after his second revival. Hmmm...

I also don't understand why YC thinks he will get a new body:huh:

8 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

CM and SY's scenes together were super cute! I loved how CM came up with all these reasons for them to sleep together and how SY then complained that the bed was too big LOL. I was so upset that they didn't kiss!! It would have been such a good one. They better make it up by giving us a really good one later.

CM's mom is crazy, but if she wants CM to marry Mi Do (really SY), I'm on her side :lol:.

:lol::lol::lol: I love how all our posts-positive or negative-end with at least CM and SY are super cute.

7 hours ago, lingx2 said:

so many nice and cute clear bts photos from AHS's company blog :wub:

credit : https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=21073648&memberNo=10735562

:wub: SO handsome! Thanks for the great quality pictures

9 hours ago, lingx2 said:

EP12 3 mins Preview

https://tv.naver.com/v/8716024

Is SY confessing to CM? :sweatingbullets: Can someone translate :D

link : http://m.sportschosun.com/news.htm?id=201906110100071360004893&ServiceDate=20190611&f_url=Fire#_enliple

it means YC is dead? and SY will be the new owner of the Abyss?

Looking forward to some SY/CM. I hope this isn't the only scene they have this ep.

Finally the next law is revealed. Just one more to go?  So can we hope YC is finally dead? Hope the marble goes back to SY!

3 hours ago, lingx2 said:

script for EP16 is out? :bawling:

1 hour ago, adqu said:

"d-5" i guess they are wrapping up this week or the next :wacko:

Thanks for the updates! Looks like they are a couple of weeks ahead of airing with the filming so I guess that means they were not any changes to the script or reshoots like we thought might happen..

So 1 villain is out

hmm ig Seo disconnected OYC from life support machine

Still that old guy who was with the stuffs in fron of SY home the day she was killed looks fishy ( not in a bad way but like he was watching SY and CM sweet moment)...maybe he knows something?hmmm

43 minutes ago, lingx2 said:

SY and CM sweet and lovely moment :wub:

https://tv.naver.com/v/8724763

https://tv.naver.com/v/8724764

:wub: Thank you. I can't watch the video with sound because I'm at work but that colour blue looks so good on him.  All clothes look good on him. 

26 minutes ago, ᎷᏋᏝᎥ said:
Spoiler

OYC  dies finally

and abyss is back in CM hands

Hee jin mom died too but since they got the abyss they will probably revive her...

Yay to the first two points! :D Not yay to the last point obviusly but they have Abyss so it should be OK!

21 minutes ago, ᎷᏋᏝᎥ said:
Spoiler

So 1 villain is out

hmm ig Seo disconnected OYC from life support machine

Still that old guy who was with the stuffs in fron of SY home the day she was killed looks fishy ( not in a bad way but like he was watching SY and CM sweet moment)...maybe he knows something?hmmm

Thanks for the updates on today's episode.  Hmm...I was wondering what would happen as there are still two weeks to go but it's only one villain down so it isn't over yet...

3 minutes ago, raziela said:

:wub: Thank you. I can't watch the video with sound because I'm at work but that colour blue looks so good on him.  All clothes look good on him. 

Yay to the first two points! :D Not yay to the last point obviusly but they have Abyss so it should be OK!

Thanks for the updates on today's episode.  Hmm...I was wondering what would happen as there are still two weeks to go but it's only one villain down so it isn't over yet...

Don't need

wonder how many villains are in the end except Seo and his fake dad (ig his fake father tried to set up park ki man in this ep too so he is bad )

1 hour ago, adqu said:

teasers on navertv:

https://tv.naver.com/v/8725252

https://tv.naver.com/v/8725246

kiss scene + their cute banter after, in case you want to rewatch it like, 34 times lol

https://tv.naver.com/v/8724763

https://tv.naver.com/v/8724764/

Thank you!:wub: They are so sweet and I always love their banter although I have no idea what they are saying yet.

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

I just feel that hee jin is so irritating. She should stop blaming other for everything bad  happens in her life. It roots from her family. She is so annoying! I hate her whenever she blames everything to min cause he cares for SY more. Did she forget who has killed SY and let her live like a ghost to her own family. She is the one who left min. And she also the one who betrayed SY just for the sake of her own good. Why would writer write her as this very annoying character. Why would she expect that min would treat her better than him to SY???!! Seriously... so irritating!

Arrrgh! Don't get me started on Hee Jin.  Such an annoying character always lying, crying, whining, shouting, blaming other people for everything.  Why is she still around wasting screentime? When CM asked her if she was lying again in ep. 11 and HJ got all offended I wondered if she was serious.  Her family caused this and her lies and deceitful behaviour since the beginning made things worse.  CM and SY are still kindly looking after and taking care of everything for HJ and her mother otherwise they would be destitute on the streets. YC murdered SY and CM, their lives are at risk too, they are being so kind to her and her mother yet she is still snapping at them! She seriously needs to reflect and fix up her attitude. 

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

If it's not for the OTP, I would completely stop watching long ago. Sighh... I keep using ffd button through the episodes except for the OTP scenes. The title should be oh young cheol. That would make more sense then. The cops are so meeehh... I'm getting tired tired that OYC outsmartship them all the time!! Heol... 

Hardly any OTP scenes last night so you must have been fast forwarding a lot yesterday lol!   LMAO about the title: the drama seems to be more about YC than the Abyss marble, he gets more screentime than the leads and has had the marble for more episodes than CM now so maybe you are on to something with your suggestion:lol:  I am just rolling my eyes at all the dumb things the plot has the good guys do.  Another scene that had me rolling my eyes yesterday aside from the whole ridiculousness of losing HJ's mum was when SY notices there are another set of foot steps at YC's hideout and Dong Cheol just shrugs it off and says it must be that female accomplice of YC.  SY then points out the footsteps are too big to belong to a woman.  I like DC a lot but what kind of detective doesn't notice something as obvious as three different sets of footprints at the crime scene?  

1 hour ago, ᎷᏋᏝᎥ said:

Don't need

wonder how many villains are in the end except Seo and his fake dad (ig his fake father tried to set up park ki man in this ep too so he is bad )

I hope he's the last one.  We really don't need any more villains popping up:rolleyes:

Archived