[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令

RPM

8 hours ago, rosierosie said:

It's nice to see how they got picked to played their characters. Sometimes, the character they played is more or less similar to them^^. I cannot imagined anyone playing LZ and WY^^. Both XZ and YB were perfect for their role. They did justice for them. Of course, the donghua version was so nice to watch!!! I just finished it!! I like how in the donghua version, each event is short-but also clarify what's going to happened in the titled word. I have to say, the Jiang family and the relationships between the Jiang siblings really make an impact on my emotional roller coaster. I feel like they all suffered so much, even in the live action and donghua version. Also, Wen Ning and We Qing siblings' storyline were so sad too-in the live and donghua version. The Jiang family, from their loss at Lotus Cove to Yanli's death-so sad in both live and donghua versions. On a happier note, the donghua makes every characters look so good looking---even old man Jiang Fiengman and evil guy Wen Rouhan^^. The donghua creation exceed my expectations^^--really great Tencent did it!

Yeah. I was not convinced by YB at first but grew to love him and his micro expressions. And like you say, cannot imagine anyone else as LZ and WY at all. Same goes for JC, Lan Xi Chen and JGY. The producer must be a hardcore fan of the novel :lol: This drama is just so full of regrets. All the main character (except main cp) either dies or live with some form of regret for the rest of their lives. My heart feels so empty at the end of the drama and I think this is why it is so hard for me to let go. I wish everyone can have the happy ending they deserve.

Oh yes! I love Jiang Feng Mian in the donghua too lol... He looks like a gentle scholar XD I had a really hard time accepting the ahjussi in the drama XD Same goes for Nie Ming Jue even though the actor that plays him actually looks quite good without the beard. Sigh, anime and the unrealistic expectations it creates!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, diane90 said:

I've just finished the 1rst ep, I feel it's interesting especially ...the Love story

but I saw some comts people said that they changed a little the story, it's not 

the original of manhwa ???!! I think bc the vewers are almost " desperated housewives " hehehehe

so there're restrictions, they can't doas the movie.

The same with " Love in the moonlight", the drama is different from the manhwa too

it's the shame !!! I'd like there are many " bromance" scenes !

Btw I'll finish this drama for sure

Yeap, they changed the story quite a bit but it is basically still the same. You get more information about the characters from the drama so I think you will enjoy the Manhwa more after watching the drama. And don't worry about the bromance bit, there are more than enough to spoil your replay button :lol:

So what episode does everything from episode 1, 2 & 3  happen again, I'm at episode 24 and am starting to wonder what episode will they go back to the future, I don't want any spoilers, I just want to know what episode will they go back to the future?

2 hours ago, Amokass1 said:

So what episode does everything from episode 1, 2 & 3  happen again, I'm at episode 24 and am starting to wonder what episode will they go back to the future, I don't want any spoilers, I just want to know what episode will they go back to the future?

You mean the present? The current present time starts around ep 30 to 32. The past timeline so good, and so sad.

6 hours ago, Amokass1 said:

Ep 33.

• Like 1

Watching the Special ed, and love all the WY/WG moments. 

Yanli actress is so pretty!!! She looks similar to the donghua version-graceful and kind.

Wen Qing actress is cute and pretty. I feel the female actors for the live action, their looks so cute and pretty like the donghua version.

3 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Watching the Special ed, and love all the WY/WG moments. 

Yanli actress is so pretty!!! She looks similar to the donghua version-graceful and kind.

Wen Qing actress is cute and pretty. I feel the female actors for the live action, their looks so cute and pretty like the donghua version.

Hi, where can I watch the Special ed ???

I've have just finished but I must rewatch second time bc I passed many action scenes 

so maybe I lost something....for ex : When WWx asks LZ how he recongnize him;

LZ said " think about it "??! For me, it's the time when WWx plays the song LZ made with

his flute right ????!

It's a good drama, I watch rarely chinese drama bc it's very ..........long, and I like this one not bc the scenario

( for me it's the most important thing in a movie or drama), but bc the actors and the music !

It's not bc they are handsome (   really they are hehehe) but theirs images look alike exactly like characters

in manhua? The music is perfect honestly !

For the actings : I think the 2 leading roles did well theirs characters but there's a plus for Yi Bo who

plays LZ : playing without talking is difficult but he expresses his feelings through his eyes just perfect.

I think this role is made for him, the role for life and I hope he'll play another character to break this image

like Leo Dicaprio who broke his image in Titanic. If you stuck in one role'image, you can't improves yours

skills and difficult to find another good character. Like the actor who plays harry Potter, after HP's movies

he can't play others bc of his image in there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, diane90 said:

Hi, where can I watch the Special ed ???

I've have just finished but I must rewatch second time bc I passed many action scenes 

so maybe I lost something....for ex : When WWx asks LZ how he recongnize him;

LZ said " think about it "??! For me, it's the time when WWx plays the song LZ made with

his flute right ????!

It's a good drama, I watch rarely chinese drama bc it's very ..........long, and I like this one not bc the scenario

( for me it's the most important thing in a movie or drama), but bc the actors and the music !

It's not bc they are handsome (   really they are hehehe) but theirs images look alike exactly like characters

in manhua? The music is perfect honestly !

For the actings : I think the 2 leading roles did well theirs characters but there's a plus for Yi Bo who

plays LZ : playing without talking is difficult but he expresses his feelings through his eyes just perfect.

I think this role is made for him, the role for life and I hope he'll play another character to break this image

like Leo Dicaprio who broke his image in Titanic. If you stuck in one role'image, you can't improves yours

skills and difficult to find another good character. Like the actor who plays harry Potter, after HP's movies

I watched on youtube on tencent. Yes, I agreed :)!!! YB is cute and handsome. You're right on point, LZ recognized WY/WWX when he played the flute and the tune.

9 hours ago, diane90 said:

Oh yes. His acting is one of the reason I am watching the drama again. He is currently filming another drama - Legend of Fei with Zhao Liying. Based on the description of the role, he is supposed to be quite cheeky and I think he managed to give off that vibe in the trailer for the drama. I'm definitely looking forward to his action scenes. He is really stable and light probably due to his dance training.

• Like 2

I was trying to go on discord to listen to the audio, but it's hard to do it. I'm going to start the novel first--I guess.

I want part 2!!! Wishful thinking, but I want the Untamed movie :)!!!! Please, can we petition to the producer of the Untamed^^!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rosierosie said:

I was trying to go on discord to listen to the audio, but it's hard to do it. I'm going to start the novel first--I guess.

I want part 2!!! Wishful thinking, but I want the Untamed movie :)!!!! Please, can we petition to the producer of the Untamed^^!!

Thanks for replying me.

I found it yesterday after asking you and I like this version bc it's shorter

and it's forcus on WangZhan couple and there're less useless action scenes

betwwen faulse " right " cultivators !

after the drama do you think reading the novel or manhua is better ?

or watching the anime ????? I'd like to try one hehehehe 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, diane90 said:

Thanks for replying me.

I found it yesterday after asking you and I like this version bc it's shorter

and it's forcus on WangZhan couple and there're less useless action scenes

betwwen faulse " right " cultivators !

after the drama do you think reading the novel or manhua is better ?

or watching the anime ????? I'd like to try one hehehehe 

reading the novel might be better since it's already completed and you'll get the whole story. After reading the novel, you MUST re-watch The Untamed again because you will notice new things that probably held no significance to you but it was important. The manhua is great but it's in progress and still has, like, 25% to go. The donghua (anime) is also good but it only has two seasons and it's less than halfway done in terms of story I think. Plus the relationship between lwj and wwx is more of a bromance than anything and it focuses more on demonic cultivation. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rosierosie said:

We not only need a part 2. We need a part 2 with the same actors!! XD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 抹茶.Latte said:

We not only need a part 2. We need a part 2 with the same actors!! XD

Yeah, I think that would be great. 

I also don't mind if other actors do it, if YB and XZ don't have time.

I wondered who can played WG and WY, besides XZ and YB^^? 

• Like 1