[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令

On 12/29/2019 at 4:59 PM, Bea said:

This is more like a wangxian cut with a few additional scenes.

Well...wasn't that exactly what the fans demanded? :sweatingbullets:

To be honest, they cut the series in half. So it was clear they had to focus on one storyline and since WangXian sells the best. I was surprised they could keep the pace still intact the first 6 episodes. They did a good job. When your focus is more on the side characters you should stay with the OV. The SE feels more like the novel who did focus on WangXian too.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My personal thoughts and review of the ending: (Spoiler ahead)   I know there were mix feelings and perspective regarding the ending for viewers...but I honestly can say that I like this end

This is my first time posting to this website. It was my first time every reading a BL novel in my entire life and I must say the book was so GOOD! I’ve never been into those books but I must say I wa

SPOILER ALERT   I hope that this has explained all of your queries

On 1/3/2020 at 2:06 AM, usagi1997 said:

Well...wasn't that exactly what the fans demanded? :sweatingbullets:

To be honest, they cut the series in half. So it was clear they had to focus on one storyline and since WangXian sells the best. I was surprised they could keep the pace still intact the first 6 episodes. They did a good job. When your focus is more on the side characters you should stay with the OV. The SE feels more like the novel who did focus on WangXian too.

I would call this fan service. Who cares about the real plot behind, we just wants to see more or unseen cuts of thems.. (or only me)

• Like 2

I miss WWX and WJ!!! Does Taiwan produced xianxia drama?? Imagined what they could do with T.U. if they make their version of it, since they don't have much restriction, compared to China. By the way, is the author a woman or man??? 

16 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

I miss WWX and WJ!!! Does Taiwan produced xianxia drama?? Imagined what they could do with T.U. if they make their version of it, since they don't have much restriction, compared to China. By the way, is the author a woman or man??? 

Taiwan doesn’t make period dramas these days. They are more costly to make and the buyer’s market isn’t what it used to be. If you look at the amount of resources pumped into Mainland produced Cdramas these days, it is hard to compete. 

The author is female.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, rosierosie said:

The author is a woman, her name is MXTX and Mo Dao Zu Shi is her second novel. She's written three total (the other two will also be adapted to a live action) and is in process of writing her fourth. 

Most chinese bl writers are women

• Like 1
2 hours ago, QQLWJ said:

I would call this fan service. Who cares about the real plot behind, we just wants to see more or unseen cuts of thems.. (or only me)

Meee, I'm happy with the wangxian cut because that's all i want to see. if i wanted to know about the plot i would watch the entire drama since in the SE they cut out so much plot

1 hour ago, Bea said:

The author is a woman, her name is MXTX and Mo Dao Zu Shi is her second novel. She's written three total (the other two will also be adapted to a live action) and is in process of writing her fourth. 

Most chinese bl writers are women

Is her other novel xianxia too, or modern? She is a really great writer! :)

Between, love your avatar :)!! Cartoon WWX is so adorable!!! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Is her other novel xianxia too, or modern? She is a really great writer! :)

Between, love your avatar :)!! Cartoon WWX is so adorable!!! 

Her other two are also xianxia! 

The first one is Scum Villain's Self-Saving System. This is the summary: The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System. Shen Yuan is reborn into a young man and scum villain destined to die, Shen Qingqiu. But it must be known that the original Shen Qingqiu was sliced alive by his disciple, Luo Binghe, into a human stick! ... He wants to prove – even scum villains can live, and live coolly at that! (Basically, Shen Yuan loved reading webnovels and his favorite one was about the hero (Luo Binghe), who used to have a harem and a badass. She Yu'an was unhappy with the way it ended, complained online then quickly afterwards he dies in an accident. He transmigrates into the novel and becomes the villain, but he changes things because he doesn't want to die! Spoiler alert: the hero ends up falling for him. it's very funny and sometimes painful (like mdzs). 

Her third and latest novel is Heaven Official's Blessing and it's probably her best one??? It's very long, and it has a mix of action, adventure, romance, hidden identity and so. much. pining. You know how Lan Wangji waited 13 yrs (and in the drama 16) for WWX? The main character's love interest waited hundreds of years. hundreds. 

Her novels are really good T___T Be prepared for Heaven Official's Blessing because there's angst.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Bea said:

Her other two are also xianxia! 

The first one is Scum Villain's Self-Saving System. This is the summary: The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System. Shen Yuan is reborn into a young man and scum villain destined to die, Shen Qingqiu. But it must be known that the original Shen Qingqiu was sliced alive by his disciple, Luo Binghe, into a human stick! ... He wants to prove – even scum villains can live, and live coolly at that! (Basically, Shen Yuan loved reading webnovels and his favorite one was about the hero (Luo Binghe), who used to have a harem and a badass. She Yu'an was unhappy with the way it ended, complained online then quickly afterwards he dies in an accident. He transmigrates into the novel and becomes the villain, but he changes things because he doesn't want to die! Spoiler alert: the hero ends up falling for him. it's very funny and sometimes painful (like mdzs). 

Her third and latest novel is Heaven Official's Blessing and it's probably her best one??? It's very long, and it has a mix of action, adventure, romance, hidden identity and so. much. pining. You know how Lan Wangji waited 13 yrs (and in the drama 16) for WWX? The main character's love interest waited hundreds of years. hundreds. 

Her novels are really good T___T Be prepared for Heaven Official's Blessing because there's angst.

I actually have all three of the author's novel translated in English and in ePub format to be read electronically.  Please send me a private message with your email and I can send them to you.

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

When WWX disappeared for 13 years, where and what did he do? Did it emphasized what happen to him during those missing period?

uhhh he was dead, so his spirit was wondering around i guess??? 

• LOL 2
On 1/13/2020 at 5:03 PM, OhHyunJoon said:

Does anyone know where to download the raw of this drama?

Thanks!

All of the ones available have chinese hardcoded subtitles except the one from Netflix. 

4 hours ago, rosierosie said:

When WWX disappeared for 13 years, where and what did he do? Did it emphasized what happen to him during those missing period?

He’s not aware of what happened to him during those years. Mentally he was 13 years younger than his peers.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, eerylin-heaven said:

Ok... It doesn't make a lot of sense from the author but okay... :smile:   Naaan I wanna know :bawling::blush::yum:

How does it not make sense? He died, his spirit was so sad and angry (and traumatized) at everything (plus the demonic cultivation), he didn't remember where his spirit was or where he roamed. Wei wuxian also has memory problems so it's understandable and makes sense to his character. Also a lot of cultivators were summoning his spirit while he was dead. and he died thinking lan wangji hated him. 

3 hours ago, Bea said:

How does it not make sense? He died, his spirit was so sad and angry (and traumatized) at everything (plus the demonic cultivation), he didn't remember where his spirit was or where he roamed. Wei wuxian also has memory problems so it's understandable and makes sense to his character. Also a lot of cultivators were summoning his spirit while he was dead. and he died thinking lan wangji hated him. 

That make sense. Now, I do recalled WWX told them that he didn't remembered anything from those times. His soul must have been devastating over everything that happened to him. Although the author didn't clarify it, we can assumed that his soul was troubled and roaming the realm, until he came upon that guy that he took over his body to get revenge for him.

• Love 1

Hum, in the last few moments, Lan Wangji did everything to help him, he did not want to let go of his hand, so Wei Wuxian died knowing that Lan Wangji did not hate him. I know that he has no memory after his rebirth, but during his death, why did he not answer Lan Wang Ji's supplic ? All souls, even broken, can be called, but WWX's never answered any daily calls from Lan Wang Ji during their 13 years of separation. Nobody succeed until he was summoned and placed in Mo Xuanyu's Xuanyu's body.  I would love to ask that question to the author :P

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令