[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令

RPM

On 11/19/2019 at 5:36 AM, rosierosie said:

Aww ep 46 was bittersweet!! JC finally knows the truth!!! I like how everything is slowly coming into place towards the end, tying loose end here and there. LZ really loves WWX :)!!! They are so compatible and cute together! Weng Ning is super awesome too; I feel like he and his sis; Weng Qing have many hardships; but they always help people and puts other first. 

Edit:I finished it :)!!!! It was so great!!!!! Everyone should watched this drama, so good!!

For me at the end, WWX and WJ said their goodbyes; and then meet up after awhile :)!!! An  open-ending, but still a positive one. Love the osts, costumes, designs, cinematography, acting----everything was fantastic!!! I'm going to miss my WWX/WJ couple!

Question: Did Lan Zan become Excellency of his Lan branch, or the head of everyone's branch? I wasn't sure???

Lan zhan became the equivalent of chief cultivator, taking JGY's position. he's the head of all the cultivation branches. 

Honestly, with that ending it's my headcanon that it will end like the novel and he gives the position to Nie Huaisang and have him and wei wuxian traveling the world and cultivate together

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phada said:

omg i didn't realise so much had happened in regards to the ending. The waterfall scene shall forever be remembered as the ending scene!!!! 

I thought this was well known...but i was unaware someone had made an edited video of it with the correct order :D

I always had as my headcanon that either the waterfall scene was the true ending (I've read that theory before and it made sense) and then the wangxian events of the novel take place or that after the ending we've watched when Wei Wuxian turns back it's really Lan Wangji after he's helped his brother get back on his feet and fulfill his duties as Chief Cultivator and passing it on to someone else. After that time apart they both gain the courage and right timing to confess their feelings and be together and the wangxian events that happen in the novel take place and they live happily ever after married and in love just like in the novel.

Regardless of the ending of the show they end up together and happily married, it's just that in the show things need to take place a little different because in the show there wasn't Lan Xinchen telling Wei Wuxian about Lan Wangji's feelings for him nor the love confession so they still don't know for sure each other's feelings for each other. But when they meet again they're finally ready to make it happen.

I watch the drama, read the novel r18 :), read the manhua, next anime convention will cosplay in Wei Wuxian. In Toronto, they got 12 Wei Wuxian with one Lan Zhan :wub:, do we have some here? I was cosplay in another convention into Shen Qingjiu from Scum Villain's Seft -Saving System same novel from Mo Da Zu Shi author. 

Anyway, the drama was well done, we got all vibe ''love'' between Lan Zhan x Wei Wuxian. I score 10/10 in all categorie. 

So obsession, wanna go to Thailand to the fanmeeting but sadly  I went to Korea and then THEY HAVE A FANMEETING in Korea for Untamed but I came back and I was so mad crap. 

If you all have finish to watch or rewatch Untamed, please read the novel :) it's was complete few month now in english. BUT it's really give a lot description when /"$/"%"$%" so please be careful. Mo Da Zu Shi novel was great but I was more into the Scum Villain Selft-saving system....

Heavenly Blessing too will be great if it's become a cdrama version. Did you all know it's currently 50 BL cdrama mainland are coming out soon :w00t:. Now time to see if the drama will pass the China rules before to produce. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

All Mo Da Zu Shi poster in any convention cannot sale it. Because the chinese licence so it's only trading ...:tears: I trade so many thing to grab all Mo Da Zu Shi poster...

8 hours ago, miaka fy said:

I watch the drama, read the novel r18 :), read the manhua, next anime convention will cosplay in Wei Wuxian. In Toronto, they got 12 Wei Wuxian with one Lan Zhan :wub:, do we have some here? I was cosplay in another convention into Shen Qingjiu from Scum Villain's Seft -Saving System same novel from Mo Da Zu Shi author. 

Anyway, the drama was well done, we got all vibe ''love'' between Lan Zhan x Wei Wuxian. I score 10/10 in all categorie. 

So obsession, wanna go to Thailand to the fanmeeting but sadly  I went to Korea and then THEY HAVE A FANMEETING in Korea for Untamed but I came back and I was so mad crap. 

If you all have finish to watch or rewatch Untamed, please read the novel :) it's was complete few month now in english. BUT it's really give a lot description when /"$/"%"$%" so please be careful. Mo Da Zu Shi novel was great but I was more into the Scum Villain Selft-saving system....

Heavenly Blessing too will be great if it's become a cdrama version. Did you all know it's currently 50 BL cdrama mainland are coming out soon :w00t:. Now time to see if the drama will pass the China rules before to produce. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

All Mo Da Zu Shi poster in any convention cannot sale it. Because the chinese licence so it's only trading ...:tears: I trade so many thing to grab all Mo Da Zu Shi poster...

50 BL!!! OMG that is a lot :D!!! Any good ones we need to anticipate?? @AnniaD, yes I agreed, the waterfall scene would have been the perfect ending to The Untamed. However, I have to convinced my heart that the ending in the drama is good, because when WY heard Lan Zhan called out his name; he turned around and see him----Then off they go and live happily with their adventure!! Missing this drama, everything was a masterpiece!!!

On 12/3/2019 at 9:53 AM, Phada said:

omg i didn't realise so much had happened in regards to the ending. The waterfall scene shall forever be remembered as the ending scene!!!! 

This has been taken down! Could someone send me a DM to another link if there is one? I didn't realise the end was out of order. I just re-read the last bits of the novel whenever I rewatch the series. I need to know the right order!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 2:22 PM, lolalarue said:

This has been taken down! Could someone send me a DM to another link if there is one? I didn't realise the end was out of order. I just re-read the last bits of the novel whenever I rewatch the series. I need to know the right order!!

• Love 1

E008-E36-C-2-D7-E-4-C90-B5-A9-DDC94-A83-

Has anyone seen the “Special Edition” of The Untamed? From what I could tell, it’s a re-edited version that’s been shortened from 50 eps to 20, so expect lots of subplots to be cut.

The only extra scene I’ve seen so far is when Lan Zhan gets drunk in The Cloud Recesses, Wei WuXian had to constantly put him back into bed,coz he’s a restless drunk. In the original version, they only showed Wei WuXian putting Lam Zhan into bed once.

Hopefully, this version will include the jumping out of a tree scene in The Lotus Pier and the lap pillow scene in the Xuanwu cave.... Episode 4 of this version ended with Lan Zhan and Wei WuXian stuck in the cave together!

On 12/28/2019 at 4:39 AM, frostflower14 said:

E008-E36-C-2-D7-E-4-C90-B5-A9-DDC94-A83-

Has anyone seen the “Special Edition” of The Untamed? From what I could tell, it’s a re-edited version that’s been shortened from 50 eps to 20, so expect lots of subplots to be cut.

The only extra scene I’ve seen so far is when Lan Zhan gets drunk in The Cloud Recesses, Wei WuXian had to constantly put him back into bed,coz he’s a restless drunk. In the original version, they only showed Wei WuXian putting Lam Zhan into bed once.

Hopefully, this version will include the jumping out of a tree scene in The Lotus Pier and the lap pillow scene in the Xuanwu cave.... Episode 4 of this version ended with Lan Zhan and Wei WuXian stuck in the cave together!

To be honest, the scenes that have been added are sort of goofs? In the drunk LWJ scene, you can see Wang Yibo breaking character so that's probably why it wasn't included. There are also scenes that were edited with different angles (like the one where Wei Wuxian is bothering lan wangji and lan wangji uses the spell to mute him. They edited the scene to include a close up angle instead of far off but it was probably not included in the original cut because you can see wang yibo drawing a bunny instead of writing calligraphy.) 

There's also extended scenes by several seconds. The scene where LWJ and WWX fall out of the cave and wei wuxian falls over lwj, they look at each other for like 2-3 seconds longer. Also the scene where LWJ and WWX are punished and hit on their backs in cloud recesses is extended by like 30 seconds with more shots of wwx and lwj's faces. 

This is more like a wangxian cut with a few additional scenes.

Hi Everyone,

I recently just finished the TV series The Untamed and I loved the show. I am now watching the donghua, Mo Dao Zu Shi (MDZS), on YouTube. Must admit the donghua provides a lot more detail and explanation than the TV series, but both are really great.

My one question is will there be a Season 2 of the TV series The Untamed? Does anyone know?

Thank you in advance for answering!

Meg

On 12/29/2019 at 4:59 PM, Bea said:

This is more like a wangxian cut with a few additional scenes.

Well...wasn't that exactly what the fans demanded? :sweatingbullets:

To be honest, they cut the series in half. So it was clear they had to focus on one storyline and since WangXian sells the best. I was surprised they could keep the pace still intact the first 6 episodes. They did a good job. When your focus is more on the side characters you should stay with the OV. The SE feels more like the novel who did focus on WangXian too.

On 1/3/2020 at 2:06 AM, usagi1997 said:

Well...wasn't that exactly what the fans demanded? :sweatingbullets:

To be honest, they cut the series in half. So it was clear they had to focus on one storyline and since WangXian sells the best. I was surprised they could keep the pace still intact the first 6 episodes. They did a good job. When your focus is more on the side characters you should stay with the OV. The SE feels more like the novel who did focus on WangXian too.

I would call this fan service. Who cares about the real plot behind, we just wants to see more or unseen cuts of thems.. (or only me)

• Like 2

I miss WWX and WJ!!! Does Taiwan produced xianxia drama?? Imagined what they could do with T.U. if they make their version of it, since they don't have much restriction, compared to China. By the way, is the author a woman or man??? 

16 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

I miss WWX and WJ!!! Does Taiwan produced xianxia drama?? Imagined what they could do with T.U. if they make their version of it, since they don't have much restriction, compared to China. By the way, is the author a woman or man??? 

Taiwan doesn’t make period dramas these days. They are more costly to make and the buyer’s market isn’t what it used to be. If you look at the amount of resources pumped into Mainland produced Cdramas these days, it is hard to compete. 

The author is female.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rosierosie said:

The author is a woman, her name is MXTX and Mo Dao Zu Shi is her second novel. She's written three total (the other two will also be adapted to a live action) and is in process of writing her fourth. 

Most chinese bl writers are women

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QQLWJ said:

I would call this fan service. Who cares about the real plot behind, we just wants to see more or unseen cuts of thems.. (or only me)

Meee, I'm happy with the wangxian cut because that's all i want to see. if i wanted to know about the plot i would watch the entire drama since in the SE they cut out so much plot

1 hour ago, Bea said:

The author is a woman, her name is MXTX and Mo Dao Zu Shi is her second novel. She's written three total (the other two will also be adapted to a live action) and is in process of writing her fourth. 

Most chinese bl writers are women

Is her other novel xianxia too, or modern? She is a really great writer! :)

Between, love your avatar :)!! Cartoon WWX is so adorable!!! 

• Love 1

4 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Is her other novel xianxia too, or modern? She is a really great writer! :)

Between, love your avatar :)!! Cartoon WWX is so adorable!!! 

Her other two are also xianxia! 

The first one is Scum Villain's Self-Saving System. This is the summary: The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System. Shen Yuan is reborn into a young man and scum villain destined to die, Shen Qingqiu. But it must be known that the original Shen Qingqiu was sliced alive by his disciple, Luo Binghe, into a human stick! ... He wants to prove – even scum villains can live, and live coolly at that! (Basically, Shen Yuan loved reading webnovels and his favorite one was about the hero (Luo Binghe), who used to have a harem and a badass. She Yu'an was unhappy with the way it ended, complained online then quickly afterwards he dies in an accident. He transmigrates into the novel and becomes the villain, but he changes things because he doesn't want to die! Spoiler alert: the hero ends up falling for him. it's very funny and sometimes painful (like mdzs). 

Her third and latest novel is Heaven Official's Blessing and it's probably her best one??? It's very long, and it has a mix of action, adventure, romance, hidden identity and so. much. pining. You know how Lan Wangji waited 13 yrs (and in the drama 16) for WWX? The main character's love interest waited hundreds of years. hundreds. 

Her novels are really good T___T Be prepared for Heaven Official's Blessing because there's angst.

• Like 1