Quantcast
RPM

[ MAINLAND CHINESE DRAMA 2019 ] The Untamed 陈情令

1 minute ago, bluehibiscus said:

Before WWX was caught and taken to the Burial Mound, the viewers already knew what happened.

Ok, I didn't remember the order of the revelations so I was afraid I would be spoiling the OP. 

Spoiler

So yeah, he can't go back to the normal cultivation path nor fight with a sword because he has no golden core anymore.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AnniaD said:

Thanks god... I wouldn't be so invested in this show if it was just the typical love triangle, I'm happy they listened to the fans and erased all that. How much of the love triangle was already recorded? Did they have to delete a lot? I already thought there were some scenes where WQ was simply there that just didn't fit. I wish she'd have been in less scenes but shown more as the powerful woman she was in the novel and have more relevant lines in the scenes she was in,

No idea how much was filmed and cut but I saw a video that was secretly taken while WWX and WQ were filming and it looked like he saved her in the cave scene. Anyway there was no official admission from the producers about all these. I read what I wrote from other non-official sources.

Just saw ep 39! I really like the friendship between Xingchen and Song Lan, their side story was short; but still very memorable to me. I wish we can see their back story----I feel like these two characters still have a lot to untold. I love their friendship; respect and kindness towards one another :). Question, at the end, did XingChen walked along with Song Lan; or was that just an illusion??? 

Side note: Xue Yang is really evil, conniving, and awful! Seeing his flashback; I feel sorry for him. He grew up as an orphan, with no role model and no kindness shown towards him. One can only imagined for him, to turn out good or evil. Lol, seeing the BTS and Bazaar interview was so funny. The casts seems to get along, and just hilarious. The actors on this drama is cute, and are like pretty handsome typed. They are all so pretty!!!!! 

Thank you so much AnniaD !

Spoiler

(about the sword okkkk, now I understand !!)

And about spoilers sincerely I much prefer understand the motives, the situation, the relations between the characters, spoilers do not bother me at all, especially that in this drama, we know the end or at least the end of the beginning if you see what I want to say lol.

Spoiler

AnniaD said: "He can't go back because as I said he lacks what's needed to properly cultivate".

Is it about his golden core ? Is it that Wuxian offer up his own golden core to Jiang Cheng ?  is it the reason that Wuxian is so unwell seven days after ? 

EDIT : 

I just find new subtitles on Avistaz and rewatch all the episodes and now I understand ^^. When you don't understand Chinese et barely English it's not so easy ^^Anyway thank you very much AnniaD   

Edited by eerylin-heaven
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, eerylin-heaven said:

Thank you so much AnniaD !

Hide contents

(about the sword okkkk, now I understand !!)

And about spoilers sincerely I much prefer understand the motives, the situation, the relations between the characters, spoilers do not bother me at all, especially that in this drama, we know the end or at least the end of the beginning if you see what I want to say lol.

Hide contents

Is it about his golden core ? Is it that Wuxian offer up his own golden core to Jiang Cheng ?  is it the reason that Wuxian is so unwell seven days after ? 

EDIT : 

I just find new subtitles on Avistaz and rewatch all the episodes and now I understand ^^. When you don't understand Chinese et barely English it's not so easy ^^Anyway thank you very much AnniaD   

You're welcome. I took some time to understand several things too. 

That's exactly why he can't cultivate like before, yes. Demonic cultivation has bad consequences to the body and temperament, but it's a sacrifice he's willing to do to protect the ones he loves and the weak. If he doesn't do it then he has no useful powers anymore.

There are some things that might not be so well explained in the drama that are maybe a bit more explained on the novel but the drama has the advantage that all the flashbacks are put together and in chronological order, so we can understand a bit better the characters and how they are now in the present days. I also recommend if you're interested the audiodrama. It's very close to the novel and mostly not censored like the live action drama and the anime and it has all the wangxian feelings. It is subtitled in English by fans though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AnniaD said:

You're welcome. I took some time to understand several things too. 

That's exactly why he can't cultivate like before, yes. Demonic cultivation has bad consequences to the body and temperament, but it's a sacrifice he's willing to do to protect the ones he loves and the weak. If he doesn't do it then he has no useful powers anymore.

There are some things that might not be so well explained in the drama that are maybe a bit more explained on the novel but the drama has the advantage that all the flashbacks are put together and in chronological order, so we can understand a bit better the characters and how they are now in the present days. I also recommend if you're interested the audiodrama. It's very close to the novel and mostly not censored like the live action drama and the anime and it has all the wangxian feelings. It is subtitled in English by fans though.

:wub:  absolutely ! Do you know where I can find this audio drama ?

3 hours ago, eerylin-heaven said:

:wub:  absolutely ! Do you know where I can find this audio drama ?

You can find S1, S2 and incomplete S3 here:

https://suibiansubs.tumblr.com/mdzsAD_season1

https://suibiansubs.tumblr.com/mdzsAD_season2

https://suibiansubs.tumblr.com/mdzsAD_season3

To get the rest of S3 you need to get it on discord following the link  on this post and their tutorial for which there's also a link on that post:

https://suibiansubs.tumblr.com/post/188985247001/s3e13-available-in-english

• Like 2

Aww ep 46 was bittersweet!! JC finally knows the truth!!! I like how everything is slowly coming into place towards the end, tying loose end here and there. LZ really loves WWX :)!!! They are so compatible and cute together! Weng Ning is super awesome too; I feel like he and his sis; Weng Qing have many hardships; but they always help people and puts other first. 

Edit:I finished it :)!!!! It was so great!!!!! Everyone should watched this drama, so good!!

For me at the end, WWX and WJ said their goodbyes; and then meet up after awhile :)!!! An  open-ending, but still a positive one. Love the osts, costumes, designs, cinematography, acting----everything was fantastic!!! I'm going to miss my WWX/WJ couple!

Question: Did Lan Zan become Excellency of his Lan branch, or the head of everyone's branch? I wasn't sure???

• Like 1

I'm interested in many of the other characters too and I'm curious about the film that will have NHS and JGY, but I think that Wangxian was one of the things that contributed to the magic of The Untamed and given that it's unlikely that they'll do cameos on the next films nor there will be a post canon film that mentions how they are "now", I'm curious to see what's going to come out of there and how it'll captivate the audiences. I know this is a franchise at this point and it's a good move to monetize on huge success of the show but at the same time there's not much more they can do at this point in my opinion.

48 minutes ago, AnniaD said:

I'm interested in many of the other characters too and I'm curious about the film that will have NHS and JGY, but I think that Wangxian was one of the things that contributed to the magic of The Untamed and given that it's unlikely that they'll do cameos on the next films nor there will be a post canon film that mentions how they are "now", I'm curious to see what's going to come out of there and how it'll captivate the audiences. I know this is a franchise at this point and it's a good move to monetize on huge success of the show but at the same time there's not much more they can do at this point in my opinion.

Yeah adding to the fact that both Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan are crazy busy with future projects, it's unlikely they'll come back for the other movies. Although there's one movie that doesn't have a premise or hasn't started filming yet so who knows. 

On 11/19/2019 at 5:36 AM, rosierosie said:

Aww ep 46 was bittersweet!! JC finally knows the truth!!! I like how everything is slowly coming into place towards the end, tying loose end here and there. LZ really loves WWX :)!!! They are so compatible and cute together! Weng Ning is super awesome too; I feel like he and his sis; Weng Qing have many hardships; but they always help people and puts other first. 

Edit:I finished it :)!!!! It was so great!!!!! Everyone should watched this drama, so good!!

For me at the end, WWX and WJ said their goodbyes; and then meet up after awhile :)!!! An  open-ending, but still a positive one. Love the osts, costumes, designs, cinematography, acting----everything was fantastic!!! I'm going to miss my WWX/WJ couple!

Question: Did Lan Zan become Excellency of his Lan branch, or the head of everyone's branch? I wasn't sure???

Lan zhan became the equivalent of chief cultivator, taking JGY's position. he's the head of all the cultivation branches. 

Honestly, with that ending it's my headcanon that it will end like the novel and he gives the position to Nie Huaisang and have him and wei wuxian traveling the world and cultivate together

• Like 1

omg i didn't realise so much had happened in regards to the ending. The waterfall scene shall forever be remembered as the ending scene!!!! 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Phada said:

omg i didn't realise so much had happened in regards to the ending. The waterfall scene shall forever be remembered as the ending scene!!!! 

I thought this was well known...but i was unaware someone had made an edited video of it with the correct order :D

I always had as my headcanon that either the waterfall scene was the true ending (I've read that theory before and it made sense) and then the wangxian events of the novel take place or that after the ending we've watched when Wei Wuxian turns back it's really Lan Wangji after he's helped his brother get back on his feet and fulfill his duties as Chief Cultivator and passing it on to someone else. After that time apart they both gain the courage and right timing to confess their feelings and be together and the wangxian events that happen in the novel take place and they live happily ever after married and in love just like in the novel.

Regardless of the ending of the show they end up together and happily married, it's just that in the show things need to take place a little different because in the show there wasn't Lan Xinchen telling Wei Wuxian about Lan Wangji's feelings for him nor the love confession so they still don't know for sure each other's feelings for each other. But when they meet again they're finally ready to make it happen.

I watch the drama, read the novel r18 :), read the manhua, next anime convention will cosplay in Wei Wuxian. In Toronto, they got 12 Wei Wuxian with one Lan Zhan :wub:, do we have some here? I was cosplay in another convention into Shen Qingjiu from Scum Villain's Seft -Saving System same novel from Mo Da Zu Shi author. 

Anyway, the drama was well done, we got all vibe ''love'' between Lan Zhan x Wei Wuxian. I score 10/10 in all categorie. 

So obsession, wanna go to Thailand to the fanmeeting but sadly  I went to Korea and then THEY HAVE A FANMEETING in Korea for Untamed but I came back and I was so mad crap. 

If you all have finish to watch or rewatch Untamed, please read the novel :) it's was complete few month now in english. BUT it's really give a lot description when /"$/"%"$%" so please be careful. Mo Da Zu Shi novel was great but I was more into the Scum Villain Selft-saving system....

Heavenly Blessing too will be great if it's become a cdrama version. Did you all know it's currently 50 BL cdrama mainland are coming out soon :w00t:. Now time to see if the drama will pass the China rules before to produce. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

All Mo Da Zu Shi poster in any convention cannot sale it. Because the chinese licence so it's only trading ...:tears: I trade so many thing to grab all Mo Da Zu Shi poster...

8 hours ago, miaka fy said:

I watch the drama, read the novel r18 :), read the manhua, next anime convention will cosplay in Wei Wuxian. In Toronto, they got 12 Wei Wuxian with one Lan Zhan :wub:, do we have some here? I was cosplay in another convention into Shen Qingjiu from Scum Villain's Seft -Saving System same novel from Mo Da Zu Shi author. 

Anyway, the drama was well done, we got all vibe ''love'' between Lan Zhan x Wei Wuxian. I score 10/10 in all categorie. 

So obsession, wanna go to Thailand to the fanmeeting but sadly  I went to Korea and then THEY HAVE A FANMEETING in Korea for Untamed but I came back and I was so mad crap. 

If you all have finish to watch or rewatch Untamed, please read the novel :) it's was complete few month now in english. BUT it's really give a lot description when /"$/"%"$%" so please be careful. Mo Da Zu Shi novel was great but I was more into the Scum Villain Selft-saving system....

Heavenly Blessing too will be great if it's become a cdrama version. Did you all know it's currently 50 BL cdrama mainland are coming out soon :w00t:. Now time to see if the drama will pass the China rules before to produce. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

All Mo Da Zu Shi poster in any convention cannot sale it. Because the chinese licence so it's only trading ...:tears: I trade so many thing to grab all Mo Da Zu Shi poster...

50 BL!!! OMG that is a lot :D!!! Any good ones we need to anticipate?? @AnniaD, yes I agreed, the waterfall scene would have been the perfect ending to The Untamed. However, I have to convinced my heart that the ending in the drama is good, because when WY heard Lan Zhan called out his name; he turned around and see him----Then off they go and live happily with their adventure!! Missing this drama, everything was a masterpiece!!!

On 12/3/2019 at 9:53 AM, Phada said:

This has been taken down! Could someone send me a DM to another link if there is one? I didn't realise the end was out of order. I just re-read the last bits of the novel whenever I rewatch the series. I need to know the right order!!