Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, diane90 said:

For the actings : I think the 2 leading roles did well theirs characters but there's a plus for Yi Bo who

plays LZ : playing without talking is difficult but he expresses his feelings through his eyes just perfect.

I think this role is made for him, the role for life and I hope he'll play another character to break this image

like Leo Dicaprio who broke his image in Titanic. If you stuck in one role'image, you can't improves yours

skills and difficult to find another good character. Like the actor who plays harry Potter, after HP's movies

he can't play others bc of his image in there.

 

Oh yes. His acting is one of the reason I am watching the drama again. He is currently filming another drama - Legend of Fei with Zhao Liying. Based on the description of the role, he is supposed to be quite cheeky and I think he managed to give off that vibe in the trailer for the drama. I'm definitely looking forward to his action scenes. He is really stable and light probably due to his dance training.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My personal thoughts and review of the ending: (Spoiler ahead)   I know there were mix feelings and perspective regarding the ending for viewers...but I honestly can say that I like this end

This is my first time posting to this website. It was my first time every reading a BL novel in my entire life and I must say the book was so GOOD! I’ve never been into those books but I must say I wa

SPOILER ALERT   I hope that this has explained all of your queries

I was trying to go on discord to listen to the audio, but it's hard to do it. I'm going to start the novel first--I guess.

I want part 2!!! Wishful thinking, but I want the Untamed movie :)!!!! Please, can we petition to the producer of the Untamed^^!!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rosierosie said:

I was trying to go on discord to listen to the audio, but it's hard to do it. I'm going to start the novel first--I guess.

I want part 2!!! Wishful thinking, but I want the Untamed movie :)!!!! Please, can we petition to the producer of the Untamed^^!!

 

Thanks for replying me.

I found it yesterday after asking you and I like this version bc it's shorter

and it's forcus on WangZhan couple and there're less useless action scenes

betwwen faulse " right " cultivators !

after the drama do you think reading the novel or manhua is better ?

or watching the anime ????? I'd like to try one hehehehe 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, diane90 said:

 

Thanks for replying me.

I found it yesterday after asking you and I like this version bc it's shorter

and it's forcus on WangZhan couple and there're less useless action scenes

betwwen faulse " right " cultivators !

after the drama do you think reading the novel or manhua is better ?

or watching the anime ????? I'd like to try one hehehehe 


reading the novel might be better since it's already completed and you'll get the whole story. After reading the novel, you MUST re-watch The Untamed again because you will notice new things that probably held no significance to you but it was important. The manhua is great but it's in progress and still has, like, 25% to go. The donghua (anime) is also good but it only has two seasons and it's less than halfway done in terms of story I think. Plus the relationship between lwj and wwx is more of a bromance than anything and it focuses more on demonic cultivation. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rosierosie said:

I was trying to go on discord to listen to the audio, but it's hard to do it. I'm going to start the novel first--I guess.

I want part 2!!! Wishful thinking, but I want the Untamed movie :)!!!! Please, can we petition to the producer of the Untamed^^!!

 

We not only need a part 2. We need a part 2 with the same actors!! XD

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 抹茶.Latte said:

 

We not only need a part 2. We need a part 2 with the same actors!! XD

Yeah, I think that would be great. 

I also don't mind if other actors do it, if YB and XZ don't have time.

I wondered who can played WG and WY, besides XZ and YB^^? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, diane90 said:

@Bea  thanks

but where can i find the novel in english ?? search in google right ?!


Hi I have this novel in ePub format along with other novels by the same author.  PM with your email and I can send them to you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

Yeah, I think that would be great. 

I also don't mind if other actors do it, if YB and XZ don't have time.

I wondered who can played WG and WY, besides XZ and YB^^? 

 

Whoever takes over might be flamed real hard though.

Actually,  it would be good also if we have a Korean version of it. Any suggestions for Korean WY and LZ?? XD

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

Yeah, I think that would be great. 

I also don't mind if other actors do it, if YB and XZ don't have time.

I wondered who can played WG and WY, besides XZ and YB^^? 


I don't think that will ever happen. Can you imagine the harassment they would fall under if they ever thought of replacing them with a season 2? 
 

maybe after china changes its laws on censorship they might make a remake. That i could fall behind. But season 2 with other actors would kinda be disrespectful to the original cast and not be the same at all and i bet that would be the biggest complaint.

 

...I would love a japanese and korean adaptation though

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bea said:


I don't think that will ever happen. Can you imagine the harassment they would fall under if they ever thought of replacing them with a season 2? 
 

maybe after china changes its laws on censorship they might make a remake. That i could fall behind. But season 2 with other actors would kinda be disrespectful to the original cast and not be the same at all and i bet that would be the biggest complaint.

 

...I would love a japanese and korean adaptation though

Yeah, a Japan and Korea version would be great to see^^. True, many fans would disagree with the different casting.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, so I went searching the novel and after seeing there are ......... 126 chapters 

I think I'll do the same as I watched the series .......jumpng chapters ( like eps ) :dizzy:

I don't have the courage hahaha !

Last night I rewatched the 2 first eps for seeing the moment LZ recognizes WX, it's very touching !:love:

But I have many questions , hope someone can give me the clear answers plizz!

 

1) Why Mo WuanYu sacrifices his body to WX ?

2) When he asked ATong how long he comes from Jinnitai, ATong said : 13 years while WX died 

     16 years ago....what happened during 3 years ???

3) In the first scene when the story teller talks about WX's story to Gusu Lan's cultivators, there's

    someone in black with a fan and after hi gives a piece of gold to the teller, WHO is he ???

I  think ( as I understand even very clear)..... maybe it's the one who organizes all the things above

and everything after to eleminate Jin GangYao :  mister coward, " I don't know "....Nie HuaiSang ?????

If it's him....wow, he's very smart and strong; nobody discover him...........just WX & LZ but in the end bravo !

And the 4th question is : why nobody can find WX's body  ?????

thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, diane90 said:

1) Why Mo WuanYu sacrifices his body to WX ?

2) When he asked ATong how long he comes from Jinnitai, ATong said : 13 years while WX died 

     16 years ago....what happened during 3 years ???

3) In the first scene when the story teller talks about WX's story to Gusu Lan's cultivators, there's

    someone in black with a fan and after hi gives a piece of gold to the teller, WHO is he ???

I  think ( as I understand even very clear)..... maybe it's the one who organizes all the things above

and everything after to eleminate Jin GangYao :  mister coward, " I don't know "....Nie HuaiSang ?????

If it's him....wow, he's very smart and strong; nobody discover him...........just WX & LZ but in the end bravo !

And the 4th question is : why nobody can find WX's body  ?????

thank you.

 

You can also read and watch at the same time. It will help fill up the gaps in the drama and give some closure.

 

I have put my response in the spoiler as some people may not have finished the drama / novel. Hope the answers help!

 

Spoiler

1. From the novel, MXY wanted revenge on the Mo family and Jin GuangYao. Nie HuaiSang came to know about it and influenced MXY to sacrifice himself to bring back WY to help him seek revenge. 

 

2. I think you are referring to Ep1 when WY ask Ah Tong how old is he (MXY) when he went to Carp Tower? I think there is no conflict between MXY being 13 years old and WY dying 16 years ago. It just means MXY went to Carp Tower 3 years after WY died. If you are asking about the novel, WY did not die at Nightless City. LZ saved him and brought him back to Burial Mount. WY only died 3 years (amended to 3 months subsequently) later while trying to destroy the seal. WY eventually destroyed half of the seal but got devoured by the zombies in the process.

 

3. It is Nie HuaiSang. You can tell from the clan emblem on the sleeve and the fan. It is the same as what LZ sliced from NHS when he and WY were trying to uncover the secrets of the human eating tower. And yes, Mister Coward NHS is the mastermind behind everything. Somebody needs to give this guy an Oscar XD

 

4. In the drama, it is not explained. Even WY himself said that he don't know where he was. In the novel, he was devoured by the zombies... so nothing is left :tears: 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone did a video of LZ gazing at WY in chronological order. Can you tell when his gaze becomes softer??

I think Yibo really did a good job portraying the different ways LZ look at WY during each period of time especially since filming is not done in chronological order.

 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av62629387/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.0

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently watching the Untamed Special ed., and on ep 14^^. Re-watching and catching the small details, and moments again bring tears to my eyes. The relationship and friendship between WY and LZ is just so sweet and genuine. They are really made for each other.

When WY asked if LZ went to find him, after he falls down the cliff----LZ paused (I was like????????) then I remember because he got punished :(.....

Happy Galentine's Day, or Valentines Day to all of you :).

edit: I finished the special edition!!!^^ It was just amazing to relived all the beautiful moments of WY/LZ!!! The emotional scenes with the Jiang siblings/ WY/A'Yuan reunion, LZ recognized WY etc--makes me teary over again. This is one of the best adaptation of BL so far. Great acting, plot and osts!!! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 4:03 PM, 抹茶.Latte said:

 

Oh yes. His acting is one of the reason I am watching the drama again. He is currently filming another drama - Legend of Fei with Zhao Liying. Based on the description of the role, he is supposed to be quite cheeky and I think he managed to give off that vibe in the trailer for the drama. I'm definitely looking forward to his action scenes. He is really stable and light probably due to his dance training.

Totally agreed. Without any former training as an actor, Yibo was terrific. I

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 8:19 PM, Kittycreamz said:

one question:how is the older half brother DEAD?

There are 2 spinoffs.  Besides the 2 main leads, Wen Ning is my other favorite and has a movie with Lan Sizhui.  It is called "The Living Dead." The other one is "The Fatal Journey." It will  focus on the Nie brothers and Jin Guangyao. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 7:56 PM, Bea said:

No. BL dramas are implied in China, they can't explicitly show them kissing or confessing to each other, but it's clear from their interactions, loving gazes and actions that they are in love. Homosexuality is not illegal, but being portrayed explicitly on film is not allowed so everything has to be implied which they did very well in this one, and intentionally. The filmmakers and the actors consider is a love story between two men. It's the whole reason why WeTV is releasing a special edition cut that is focused on the relationship between these two characters while promoting them in social media as a couple and re-arranging scenes and adding new stuff to make it even more obvious (including that ending). 

 

So Lan Wangji getting married to someone else? never going to happen since the cast and crew did this intentional as a lan wangji/wei wuxian couple even when implied. And even Wei wuxian then marry his daughter? Bro no. You're just reaching, that will never ever happen except maybe in your imagination. It would absolutely not make sense with either character. 

Totally agreed. If you are a fan of this drama, watch the Special Edition.  I saw both versions and really enjoyed the Special Edition.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..