[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

1 hour ago, prueksa said:

I think that ED gets MYR out to rock LH’s feeling love toward Sunny. If ED can wrack or break LH and Sunny again, She thinks that she can control him again. 

I guess that the person Sunny hugged was MYR. 

Nope, that person was Ari princess

DxDdXcIV4AAu5cJ.jpg

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That preview is making me giddy....it's all Sunny-Lee Hyuk moments....that smile at the end of the preview, so gentle, so tender, just melts my heart. It gives me more inspiration to write more chapters on my own royal romance.

Check it out here.

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1386079/oh-sunny-s-diary-lee-hyuk-s-confusing-me-romance

I don't understand what's happening. Why is there such a focus on Lee Hyuk and Sunny? It's like he's become the main lead, and it's confusing. The misunderstandings between him and the Empress, the sweet moments between him and her, his attempts to help her while yearning for her in private are as though they are the OTP of the drama. If the writer had decided on a romance between Lee Hyuk and Sunny from the beginning, this confusion wouldn't have arisen. He should have been made a good guy from the beginning. But because the villain is suddenly transformed into a sweet, charming guy, it has been such a twist and is so fascinating. If I feel this way, are others feeling this way, as well?

2 hours ago, rjnchan said:

omg, the necklace, I hope the corpse that wore that necklace wasn't Sunny :((

Hope there is more than a necklace. 

What happen to Sunny ?? Is that plan from her and WooBin? Or she is really give him second chance? 

If this change by LH for Sunny is genuine, maybe the writer is working on a redemption card for LH.  So I have some thoughts about it.  When LH told ED that he changed his feeling for Sunny and wanted to protect her,  ED sneered and reminded him of his past failure.  Eventually he relented and gave into her like he always did.  
Sunny and WB declared they would protect each other.    WB said he would give his life to protect Sunny. I know he would. Sunny will give up her love for WB if it will save him in some way.    It means for these two, love is  caring about the other’s wellbeing before one’s own.  
LH needs to learn that true love is about letting his love, Sunny, go if that makes her truly happy, or protecting her (by jumping off a cliff with ED, since she will not stop from going after Sunny as Sunny is going to learn about the secret of the island)   That’s one of the redemption cards I may use if I am in the writer’s shoes.  hehe

11 hours ago, juju84 said:

Lol, looks like uri Woo Bin-shi is the one on the sidelines now and in dire need to be kicked into motion.

He is dangerously close to seriously lose his chance with Sunni before even trying. And I am not talking about Hyuk here. (This one lost his chance long ago and no amount of apologizing can change that). 

But WB's crazy fixation on revenge and his indifference at times like this is inexcusable. So if he doesn't start showing any sings of jealousy and otherwise emotions towards LH's attempts at wooing his wife I will give up of him for good. In this case I really would deem WB as not deserving of such a precious little gem as uri Sunni-shi. She deserves a better man who would fight for her instead of constantly using her to gain a reaction out of LH.

So this is your last chance WB, don't let it slip through your fingers.

Haha Sorry to say I don’t think WB has to do more.  He already showed what is love in many scenes with Sunny (albeit their scenes aren’t so numerous sadly)   In one scene, he showed not with his words but what he did in silence.  I nearly missed the meaning on that scene. In darkness he stood like an impenetrable fortress. No one can hurt Sunny unless he got killed.  
That’s how CJH saw WB’s love.  
CJH knows WB can’t sing openly about his feeling for Sunny like LH does.  But still he has to reveal WB’s growing feeling quietly.  CJH just did another drama where the love line was like a burst of fireworks.
WB is very opposite from his previous character.    
Maybe CJH picked WB because he saw challenge in playing WS( other actor’s WS) & WB.

Nge92Ly.jpg

GoYLhLu.jpg

cr to DC

3 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

And I don't get why LH becomes public's favorite XD. Yes he is cute in latest episodes but it turns to creepy when he always try to push Sunny to like him. 

As for why Hyuk became a public fave..i'm not sure why. And is he really a fave? I see WB pics on TLE's SBS page has more views compared to Hyuk :ph34r::D

I personally find Hyuk interesting and his character is dynamic. He is despicable no doubt. And seems to be bipolar. One minute he is nice, the next he is not. His way of thinking is also twisted. His entitled speech saying for who else would the blood go to if not for the royal family was a super no-no. He deserved to be slapped and kicked out from Sunny's room. He deserves to be on the receiving end of WB's wrath. But when the show started showing how badly he was treated as a child, it did made me think maybe this is why he turned out the way he is. He was groomed that way by his evil mother especially since he is the first born and first in line to the throne. Yoon had less burden on him since he is not the first in line. Sojin's burden is even lesser since women don't ascend the throne. So i get it if Hyuk is the only one with similar cray2 traits like his mum. What could have been if he was brought up in a nicer household? I've seen several psycho/sociopaths in kdramas, some end up being bad till the end, some found light and returned to the good side. I don't mind either way as long as the writing is tight and makes sense. As for now, i think Hyuk's growth to be the best version he could possibly be is a drama in itself. And i'll root for him to be a better person as long as i can.

I also think SSR might be another factor to why i find Hyuk interesting. SSR acts with such restraint, i can see when Hyuk is conflicted, he goes all out when he is just batshit cray2, and when he is endearing he totally is. SSR is doing a great job portraying such an unlikeable character and somehow turning him to be likeable.

zKV465.gif

Yep. You were given such a compelling character SSR! Hahaha :lol:

Would i want to meet a character like Hyuk in real life? NO. I dont want to have an encounter with cray2 Hyuk. And i don't condone violence or verbal abuse or mental abuse. Only in dramaland can i try to tolerate this level of weirdness/craziness :sweatingbullets:

SSR was great playing the role so does others. The drama got popular because the scene of Jang Nara pull off Elijah's hair actually. SSK plays ED role perfectly. Princess Ari also very nice actress. And CHJ is also an impressive actor. He is acting in silence which as difficult as others. All of them are good actor in their role.

7 minutes ago, PutriSalju said:

SSR was great playing the role so does others. The drama got popular because the scene of Jang Nara pull off Elijah's hair actually. SSK plays ED role perfectly. Princess Ari also very nice actress. And CHJ is also an impressive actor. He is acting in silence which as difficult as others. All of them are good actor in their role.

Of course the others are great actors/actressess too. I don't see anyone saying they are not :D.

This was so satisfying to rewatch. The rise of dark Sunny hehe

Just signed in to say; I trust nothing!

Other then, they sure know how to create buzz with this latest preview! XD 

I think a lot of it, is going to turn out being just as unpredictable as everything else.

I have some speculations but...in another 8 or so hrs, Miss Writernim will most likely dash every one of them so /shrugs

Not going to watch it, still waiting for the show to finish so I can binge watch the rest of it.

The only thing I like of the preview were the few sec glimpses of more Mommy!Sunny with Ari :3

I've never had high expectations of a prominent romance, but I will cling to any interaction between WB/SN that I get. XD

And yea, as long as no one dies, I'm kosher.

5 hours ago, rjnchan said:

omg, the necklace, I hope the corpse that wore that necklace wasn't Sunny :((

Today's Breaking News:

GpTemz5.jpg

Spoiler

FfXYtCc.jpg

:wacko: today is 17 jan too... *dum dum dum*...:sweatingbullets:

Ok ok chill.. switch channel::blush:

Cto

4 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

Not sure if anyone posted it yet but preview for tonight's episode

So, Hyuk ask her mother about something and make her mad. ED called MYR, don't know to defeat NWS (someone that make Lee Hyuk can't sleep) or separated Sunny - Lee Hyuk or both of them. 

Sunny give Lee Hyuk second chance, have dinner or something, I don't sure just both of them, maybe there also Woo Bin. 

A Ri sick because of she missed Sunny so much. She refuse to eat, or something.

Lee Hyuk happy because Sunny can accept his daughter and can be a good mother. He wish have a good memories of his childhood, have a good parents that support him. Unlike Yu Ra that refuse to accept A Ri. 

On 1/15/2019 at 7:58 PM, illay said:

The problem is CJH is too tall and JNR is petite so to disguise the height difference, the girl needs high healed shoes. It's usually like that on any drama haha. Maybe they should have edited the sound instead

To be very honest, I forgot about that reason because I was too immerse in the drama (and that's why the high heel irked me) that I didn't notice the height. :lol: The woe of having tall co-worker...lol. 

I don't know how to do multi-quotes from other pages, but @laivla, I think in the preview, Sunny isn't giving him a second chance. I think they are doing a promotion or an event as a couple, and that's why she is smiling at him instead of glaring at him like she was in some parts of this preview. 

7 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

I love to see Ubin-Sunny but I don't really care who end up with whom. What I need from this messy drama is the criminals should be punished. ED, LH, YR and the nanny. The mystery sould be open up. Ubin needs to take surgery soonest (writer seems forget about this kkkk) and back to Dongsik. And Sunny should be divorced and back to her fam. That's all. It is a bonus if we see Sunny-Ubin at the end. 

And please don't always blame ED for the wrongs LH has done. Yes he was miseducated. But he's an adult. The emperor. He can rendeem but he have to pay all the mistakes.

Ubin never tried to kill Sunny though. LH told him to do but WB ensure someone catching her when he push her to the river. He also asking why she back to the palace because it will be hard for him to take revenge while she's there.

Was going to mention the same thing, considering he did not get the operation, I would assume his health will start getting worst, didn't Sunny also say something about the doctor saying the medication will eventually not help. It probably will be addressed again in the last few eps.

18 minutes ago, lingx2 said:

another new still photo for tonight episode?

SN looks stunning in that red dress and the long wavy hair.

The dance reminds me of the tango in FTLY. Though this time, more sophisticated :wub:

4 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Would i want to meet a character like Hyuk in real life? NO. I dont want to have an encounter with cray2 Hyuk. And i don't condone violence or verbal abuse or mental abuse. Only in dramaland can i try to tolerate this level of weirdness/craziness :sweatingbullets:

This! I would never want to meet someone like Hyuk - I don’t wanna die you feel. But this is dramaland and I watch these makjang shows for all the twists and turns and craziness. When I say I like Hyuk, I’m not condoning adultery, murder, or any of that scary stuff  - it ain’t that deep. He’s just a great and fascinating character and I find SSR really handsome and engaging XD I’m watching the show for fun; just let me root for the guy lol

Edit: I’m adding on to this. I’m reading Korean tweets saying that the show is increasing the number of episodes to 52. Is this true?

Soompi article on the stills:

:love: 

The production staff stated, “Oh Sunny and Chun Woo Bin’s feelings for each other are growing, but things get complicated as they appear at an event with their respective partners. The four characters’s tangled ties will bring unexpected secrets and twists to the story, so please anticipate the upcoming episodes.”

Full article:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1294193wpp/relationships-become-tangled-double-date-last-empress

47 minutes ago, Crystal Kim said:

Edit: I’m adding on to this. I’m reading Korean tweets saying that the show is increasing the number of episodes to 52. Is this true?

Ops this is not comfirmed :

"In response, the production team of “The Last Empress” clarified, “While it is true that there were talks to extend the drama, we have not confirmed anything.”

full article:https://www.soompi.com/article/1294083wpp/last-empress-responds-reports-adding-episodes

1 hour ago, 0timelost said:

To be very honest, I forgot about that reason because I was too immerse in the drama (and that's why the high heel irked me) that I didn't notice the height. :lol: The woe of having tall co-worker...lol. 

I don't know how to do multi-quotes from other pages, but @laivla, I think in the preview, Sunny isn't giving him a second chance. I think they are doing a promotion or an event as a couple, and that's why she is smiling at him instead of glaring at him like she was in some parts of this preview. 

Yap that glare is pretty obvious:

2019011701478_0.jpg

Cr Ten Asia

49 minutes ago, nikki7 said:

SN looks stunning in that red dress and the long wavy hair.

The dance reminds me of the tango in FTLY. Though this time, more sophisticated :wub:

Hottie looks hot in white heee... looking forward to see them doing the ..eehm.. tango dance:love:

55 minutes ago, Crystal Kim said:

This! I would never want to meet someone like Hyuk - I don’t wanna die you feel. But this is dramaland and I watch these makjang shows for all the twists and turns and craziness. When I say I like Hyuk, I’m not condoning adultery, murder, or any of that scary stuff  - it ain’t that deep. He’s just a great and fascinating character and I find SSR really handsome and engaging XD I’m watching the show for fun; just let me root for the guy lol

Exactly! Let me root for hyuk too~ hehehe

Yep there are rumours of an extension. Lets see how much cray it can go if this happens hahahaha

https://t.co/gYtYXugfsc?amp=1

@booha, thank you for sharing your thoughts, chingu)

Seriously, it was very refreshing and pleasing for me to read your perspective and take on WB's character.  And I agree with you on most parts but I guess I still feel sore about the fact that EVERYONE are using Sunni as a step ladder to achieve their goal. And even if I can understand that sometimes it's choosing lesser of two evils for WB, I still can't help feeling upset on behalf of Sunni.

The last drop was WB's fake declaration of love. I still feel sore about it. 'Cause no matter how you look or interpret, it WAS fake at that moment. For all I see, WB's feelings for Sunni are still half-conscious for him. And at that time his intention was to irk LH. But it is a totally different matter for Sunni and she was swayed momentarily (you could clearly see it in her eyes) even though she knows she shouldn't be.

In some respect it's similar to the situation with princess SJ, even though I don't particularly like her but WB's behaviour is cruel, tactless and immoral.

Thus I want WB to suffer at least a little for his thoughtless confession. He never showed any signs of jealousy when it comes to Sunni. I think it's high time)

@katakwasabi, about the extension, while it's reasonable for the production company to add one more full episode to even out the airing schedule, I feel like extending for 4 more episodes (2 full episodes) could be dangerous.  'Cause there is a high risk turning the story even more makjang as it is. It's wise to keep close to the golden middle without overdoing it in pursuit of ratings. On the contrary such a big extension could lead to even bigger drop of ratings.

It's very important to know the right time when to stop. 

So I really hope they would not be adding more than one full episode if they decide to extend after all.

2 hours ago, lingx2 said:

another new still photo for tonight episode?

Double date :wub:

2 hours ago, Crystal Kim said:

Sorry, I'm not following this kdrama from the first, unsure how many episode 40 or 48 that already confirmed. Maybe thats not enough episode to make a turn around and solve all the mistery,

Or they just wanna add something special

#wish there a show in the theater ... SSR-JNR-CJH sing a song together (three of them can singing)...

3 Fav song from them , #my imagination this will solve their relationship in this Kdrama

I bet everything on you - SSR (Ost. Sandglass Musical) 

Wind from the End of the Sky - JNR (Ost. Dong Yi) 

Don't Look Back - CJH (Ost. The Heirs) 

Archived