Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

4 hours ago, prueksa said:

I might be the only one left who doesn’t feel any romantic thing going on between Sunny and WooBin on screen and off screen. I don’t feel

the level of love she had with Hyuk. Sunny and Hyuk are capable of showing their love passion toward their partners. With WooBin, I don’t know. I just don’t feel romantic even though i try to look at his eyes. They did not show much of a woman and a man love. It feels more the feeling of sympathy or empathy. 

Hyuk never loved  Sunny.  He used her the first time round.  Now his "love" to me is the love of his possession.  He saw Sunny with WB and that's when he started to want Sunny.  

I guess he will die in the end.  I can't imagine they will send Emperor of Korea to jail or to the loony bin.  He is a good actor - able to make his character comical and at times likeable.  But he is still a murderer and a I think, a psychopath at that. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, 0timelost said:

Also...going back to disguise, I was annoyed with the high healed boot that Sunny was wearing when she was sneaking around the garden. Who sneaks around in boot? :sweatingbullets: "Clomp...Clomp...Clomp.."...lol...it's almost like she is announcing to the whole world that she's there. :ph34r: That was a slight oversight with the production or wardrobe coordinator.

The problem is CJH is too tall and JNR is petite so to disguise the height difference, the girl needs high healed shoes. It's usually like that on any drama haha. Maybe they should have edited the sound instead

• Like 4

12 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

Very much yess!!!! I wanna see their romance development. Not like typical kdrama couple but just same as their character, mature + sweet + warming. Pray for more sparkling eyes and smile while solve the mystery perhaps :)

Actually my favorite scene was the time Woobin gave her red scarf. It just simply heart warming. The second one was during Woobin slept beside her and she was remembering the sacrifice of the man, called Woobin. I really like the OST whenever they have romantic scenes. Kei's voice is very soft. 

Exactly ‘it’s just simply heart warming’ is what I thought about their growing relationship.  So small like Sunny’s  shy expression when she came out wearing a red scarf and WB, showing off a bandage.   haha So opposite from Sojin princess’s wowwow- meawow reaction   Yes that OST for them sounds simply sweet.
PS I don’t know whether you know about the bandage.    In FTLY(which JNR and CJH were in together)  CJH’s char put a bandage on JNR’s but he lost it to JH’s who later removed it and who got the girl.   So now Sunny put a bandage on WB in this drama. And WB showed her he still had it.  I thought it was a cute gesture by whoever thought of it. haha  I guess it means WB will not lose Sunny this time?!!

I feel the writer is too busy with villain characters that she forgets the drama is about the little people who fight against the corrupt, cruel monarch and topple it at the end.
 For little people like Sunny and her dad, and WB and his mom, the important thing in a relationship (like a family) is about sharing a meal together and showing care and trust.  As Sunny said she was a simple minded person so she is gullible. Because of that now she is paying a big price.  But she is discovering about herself and learning what is important in life.  I like the way Sunny and WB share and lean on each other which is growing ever so slowly.     I feel their growing feeling is so genuine and is beginning to develop roots in the ground and the seedling is starting to emerge and opening up with tender leaves.   
BTW  I know the writer is really good at creating many interesting villains but about creating a good character she appears to be rather lackluster. This drama is clear cut between good and bad but the characters on the supposedly good side appear rather two dimensional.  

4 hours ago, prueksa said:

I might be the only one left who doesn’t feel any romantic thing going on between Sunny and WooBin on screen and off screen. I don’t feel

the level of love she had with Hyuk. Sunny and Hyuk are capable of showing their love passion toward their partners. With WooBin, I don’t know. I just don’t feel romantic even though i try to look at his eyes. They did not show much of a woman and a man love. It feels more the feeling of sympathy or empathy. 

Sunny and WB are well aware of these facts: Sunny is an empress and a married woman, and  WB is an imperial chief guard for emperor and empress, not just a private bodyguard.   Whatever emotions they develop for each other have to seep through cracks drop by drop.  It’s hard to see their growing emotions because there was so much ruckus happening with other characters.  
Their sharing moments are not noise like LH-YR.  Theirs are unadorned but genuine.  Whenever I saw the clips of them, I couldn’t help but feel touched by their growing feelings for each other. They are ordinary people (or little people) who feel sharing a meal with family and showing care (like empathy) and trust are important.  Yeah it would have been better if they got more screen time to show the contrast between them and other crazy characters.   :)

• Like 13

7 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

Is this for the new ep? I might be crazy or have some kind of future-telling powers (lol) because I feel like I’ve seen this before. Or maybe it’s because I’ve searched so many handsome pictures of CJH in suits so idk ;)

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Like 4

This writer was the one who wrote Jang Bori, right? Lee Yoori was shine in that drama. Same in here they make Lee Hyuk's character intersting and the actor also really good. However, people almost forget that Ubin is the gloomy character that need help too. Even he's not with Sunny at the end, I hope he can turn back to his cheerful character and live happily with Dongsik. Please writer don't make him die. 

I also like how the writer make Ubin still respect Sunny as married woman. Though I'm sure they start to like each other, they never pass the limit.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Crystal Kim said:

Is this for the new ep? I might be crazy or have some kind of future-telling powers (lol) because I feel like I’ve seen this before. Or maybe it’s because I’ve searched so many handsome pictures of CJH in suits so idk ;)

New one. Seems Sojin will ask her for a date. Maybe her wants to publish their 'dating' become true haha. Though she's pretty weird, but Sojin is not an evil. Just like someone said previously, I hope Ubin stop teasing her around. The more he did, the more she get hurt when the truth come out.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, prueksa said:

That's the question, was it even love? The way I viewed Sunny's feelings for LH was more fan girling and "celebrity" infatuation. She fell for the celebrity emperor image, she did not really know him or his true character and once revealed she didn't want anything to do with him.

As for LH sorry but the way he has shown his love and passion has not exactly been normal,  more unhealthy. It has been creepy/obsessive and this is dating back to the previous empress. He has mistreated all of his love interests. I don't think he truly knows what love is yet..

About WB of course each to their own, but I don't think Sunny and WB are at the love stage, its more unexpected surprising feelings and attraction during this whole mess. 

• Like 5

I think WB has no choice but to keep up the pretense with SJ. Remember he needed to find a way to gain her trust to get more information about the imperial family. While SJ is not malicious etc, she's spoilt and part of the crazy imperial family. She is self serving as well , and if she does not get her way or finds out that she has been used...let's just say hell has no fury like a woman scorned. 

It will be interesting how long WB can keep this up...

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Crystal Kim said:

Is this a sign that he's save from emperor anger? 

5 hours ago, Crystal Kim said:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, laivla said:

Maybe Ubin thought that he needs to play safe until they know every criminals that imperial family has done. Too many things have not been cleared. Who killed late empress and grandma, what's the cookies contents, the smell in ED's garden and the island. 

In 1st epi, they found a mummy. Who was that? And so many reporters in that palace. Who was report it to journalists?

Princess Ari knew that Sunny is very rich. I wonder this girl likes Sunny because this or she trully love Sunny. 

Ubin and Sunny seems in the early stage of love. The mutual needed is their basic. And until now, they both play safe. But looking at how Ubin became panic and even dare to say " move!" to LH, he seems really into her. 

I feel sorry for LH when he knows Ubin is Wang Sik. And it will be more sad when he knows Sunny loves him. Waw...really a drama XD. 

Too many conflicts with only 8 episodes left. Lets see how the writer solve all the mess he/she created HAHA.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, autumna said:

About WB of course each to their own, but I don't think Sunny and WB are at the love stage, its more unexpected surprising feelings and attraction during this whole mess. 

true true!! plus i think it will be harder to openly express love considering sunny is still legally married to the emperor.. i dunno why but everytime woobin and sunny were having almost dugun-dugun moments, i always think about rihanna singing “we found love in the hopeless place”!! lol.. 

• LOL 5

9 hours ago, Crystal Kim said:

12 hours ago, hahanzyy said:

Looks like Sojin buying clothes for WB.... I wish WB will be honest with her and stop leading her on :( 

:) oh there is an article on the new pics. She probably roped him as her model:lol:

https://mnews.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?newsId=N1005099968

Extract (google trans):

The scene was shot recently in Yeongdeungpo-Gu, Seoul. The situation started before the opening of the shopping mall for smooth progress. Choi Jin-hyeok has changed his clothes many times, and he continued to shoot at the top of his head with his skillfully directed scenes. In addition, Choi Jin-hyuk showed the over-reaction in response to the actress Lee Hee-jin who was cheering hotly on the transformation of Chun Woo-bing in the drama, and made an exciting comedy with Lee Hee-jin as an improvised ad- 

SKpW9pL.jpg

Cr IG owner (more pics):

Spoiler

5 hours ago, triplem said:

I think WB has no choice but to keep up the pretense with SJ. Remember he needed to find a way to gain her trust to get more information about the imperial family. While SJ is not malicious etc, she's spoilt and part of the crazy imperial family. She is self serving as well , and if she does not get her way or finds out that she has been used...let's just say hell has no fury like a woman scorned. 

Uh oh .. now i am worried for uri cute empress:sweatingbullets:

5O0Tmzb.jpg

Spoiler

kP8rbMj.jpg

*Clingy clingy*:wacko::blink:

Oh this scene shows she is not so dense after all ...heee:P

CzPNFZ8.jpg

*phew! She saved My Bin*:w00t:

No new episode today~ huhu

Let's throwback to Hyuk-Sunny wedding ceremony which i find to be so beautiful if not for the incident. And why is a crane needed at the wedding ceremony? You'll only encounter this in a makjang hahaha

Liking Hyuk and Sunny's outfit. So detailed and they both look regal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, triplem said:

As long as he is not putting her in danger which he is not I am find with it for now since who can he really trust besides Sunny?

• Like 3