[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

16 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

you are not the only one...I wish for the writer to step it up in the Sunny-Woo Bin department and give us more scenes in the remaining episodes. 

Very much yess!!!! I wanna see their romance development. Not like typical kdrama couple but just same as their character, mature + sweet + warming. Pray for more sparkling eyes and smile while solve the mystery perhaps :)

Actually my favorite scene was the time Woobin gave her red scarf. It just simply heart warming. The second one was during Woobin slept beside her and she was remembering the sacrifice of the man, called Woobin. I really like the OST whenever they have romantic scenes. Kei's voice is very soft. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:POmo.. the BTS - erhm.. i thought uri hottie (overwork :grimace:) fell asleep already hahaaa. *wink* @booha

2GxbvsD.jpg

"During the scene where Choi Jin Hyuk stays by Jang Na Ra’s bedside, they immerse into the romantic mood to create a loving scene. While waiting for the official filming to start, the two discuss the scene in detail while she is lying in bed and he has his head on the mattress. When she lightly grips onto his head to sit up, he jokes, “Are you grabbing my hair?” She assures him that wasn’t her intention by giving him a gentle pat on the back."

*Extract from soompi article*

23 minutes ago, PutriSalju said:

The second one was during Woobin slept beside her and she was remembering the sacrifice of the man, called Woobin. 

Mmm... this scene looks like a love confession scene ..heee:wub:

GxpaOqW.jpg

2 hours ago, jbeanie1709 said:

Let’s face it.. they can’t be flaunting their lovey dovey scones anywhere in their palace. Remember poor Sunny is still legally bound to LH and any wrong step from the main OTP would sent Sunny out of the palace and also put both in danger

Oh gosh talk about timing...tsk...:sweatingbullets: 

"Old witch" in action *dum~~*

B9DV57O.jpg

3 hours ago, jbeanie1709 said:

Well @dramaninja and @PutriSalju.. I think there are more people who think that way as well. I am one of them. In my opinion the writer has presented their relationship accurately and logically. I do not think it was forced (as what I read from other sites). One cannot expect passionate kisses as the usual OTPs in other dramas. They are slowly falling in love. To me WB had carried a certain fondness for Sunny; which started from the time she sprained her ankle. It was protective in nature and when they Sunny finally realized that WB is WS, they bonded as friends. The turning point was when Sunny helped him to rescue Dongshik and was affirmed when she showed such compassion to him when he buried his mom.

sunny calling WB as WS after the bomb scare literally brought their relationship to another level of intimacy as we have witnessed in the previous episode.

To me this is the special chemistry that our main OTP has.  Let’s face it.. they can’t be flaunting their lovey dovey scones anywhere in their palace. Remember poor Sunny is still legally bound to LH and any wrong step from the main OTP would sent Sunny out of the palace and also put both in danger

I agree, you have to take in consideration, the situation and environment they are in.... The slow build up makes sense.

1 hour ago, PutriSalju said:

Very much yess!!!! I wanna see their romance development. Not like typical kdrama couple but just same as their character, mature + sweet + warming. Pray for more sparkling eyes and smile while solve the mystery perhaps :)

Actually my favorite scene was the time Woobin gave her red scarf. It just simply heart warming. The second one was during Woobin slept beside her and she was remembering the sacrifice of the man, called Woobin. I really like the OST whenever they have romantic scenes. Kei's voice is very soft. 

One of my favorite scene was when he once found her sleeping in the bathtub and he placed himself in front of the entrance to protect her.:wub: 

I might be the only one left who doesn’t feel any romantic thing going on between Sunny and WooBin on screen and off screen. I don’t feel

the level of love she had with Hyuk. Sunny and Hyuk are capable of showing their love passion toward their partners. With WooBin, I don’t know. I just don’t feel romantic even though i try to look at his eyes. They did not show much of a woman and a man love. It feels more the feeling of sympathy or empathy. 

39 minutes ago, prueksa said:

I might be the only one left who doesn’t feel any romantic thing going on between Sunny and WooBin on screen and off screen. I don’t feel

the level of love she had with Hyuk. Sunny and Hyuk are capable of showing their love passion toward their partners. With WooBin, I don’t know. I just don’t feel romantic even though i try to look at his eyes. They did not show much of a woman and a man love. It feels more the feeling of sympathy or empathy. 

That's ok dear. Don't push yourself. Everyone can have their opinion. To me is the opposite. I could not get the romantic feels LH and Sunny. I found the emperor chacter is rather creepy. He seems bipolar. Can switch from cute then suddenly angry. And I found his character is weak for a strong character like Sunny. Woobin is combination of smart, strong but stiff. 

Being honest, I think NR and JH off screen chemistry makes me think the two is too comfortable around each other. You can see they comfortably lying while talking and still holding hands. Something going on secretly or it just because they're really olllllddddd friends.

Sunny and WB might be fond of each other, but I don't believe Sunny would start the relationship anytime soon. Remember, her motive for coming back to the castle was to 1. Solve the mystery behind grandmother's death, 2. seek justice for the late empress and NWS, and 3. regain her dignity and honor because she was accused as an adulterer and a murderer, two things she didn't do.

To start a relationship with WB right now will cause her to ignore her third purpose and pinned her as an adulterer since she is still legally bound to LH. That's why I don't believe she would start a relationship with WB.

Also...going back to disguise, I was annoyed with the high healed boot that Sunny was wearing when she was sneaking around the garden. Who sneaks around in boot? :sweatingbullets: "Clomp...Clomp...Clomp.."...lol...it's almost like she is announcing to the whole world that she's there. :ph34r: That was a slight oversight with the production or wardrobe coordinator.

4 hours ago, prueksa said:

Hyuk never loved  Sunny.  He used her the first time round.  Now his "love" to me is the love of his possession.  He saw Sunny with WB and that's when he started to want Sunny.  

I guess he will die in the end.  I can't imagine they will send Emperor of Korea to jail or to the loony bin.  He is a good actor - able to make his character comical and at times likeable.  But he is still a murderer and a I think, a psychopath at that. 

2 hours ago, 0timelost said:

Also...going back to disguise, I was annoyed with the high healed boot that Sunny was wearing when she was sneaking around the garden. Who sneaks around in boot? :sweatingbullets: "Clomp...Clomp...Clomp.."...lol...it's almost like she is announcing to the whole world that she's there. :ph34r: That was a slight oversight with the production or wardrobe coordinator.

The problem is CJH is too tall and JNR is petite so to disguise the height difference, the girl needs high healed shoes. It's usually like that on any drama haha. Maybe they should have edited the sound instead

12 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

Exactly ‘it’s just simply heart warming’ is what I thought about their growing relationship.  So small like Sunny’s  shy expression when she came out wearing a red scarf and WB, showing off a bandage.   haha So opposite from Sojin princess’s wowwow- meawow reaction   Yes that OST for them sounds simply sweet.
PS I don’t know whether you know about the bandage.    In FTLY(which JNR and CJH were in together)  CJH’s char put a bandage on JNR’s but he lost it to JH’s who later removed it and who got the girl.   So now Sunny put a bandage on WB in this drama. And WB showed her he still had it.  I thought it was a cute gesture by whoever thought of it. haha  I guess it means WB will not lose Sunny this time?!!

I feel the writer is too busy with villain characters that she forgets the drama is about the little people who fight against the corrupt, cruel monarch and topple it at the end.
 For little people like Sunny and her dad, and WB and his mom, the important thing in a relationship (like a family) is about sharing a meal together and showing care and trust.  As Sunny said she was a simple minded person so she is gullible. Because of that now she is paying a big price.  But she is discovering about herself and learning what is important in life.  I like the way Sunny and WB share and lean on each other which is growing ever so slowly.     I feel their growing feeling is so genuine and is beginning to develop roots in the ground and the seedling is starting to emerge and opening up with tender leaves.   
BTW  I know the writer is really good at creating many interesting villains but about creating a good character she appears to be rather lackluster. This drama is clear cut between good and bad but the characters on the supposedly good side appear rather two dimensional.  

4 hours ago, prueksa said:

Sunny and WB are well aware of these facts: Sunny is an empress and a married woman, and  WB is an imperial chief guard for emperor and empress, not just a private bodyguard.   Whatever emotions they develop for each other have to seep through cracks drop by drop.  It’s hard to see their growing emotions because there was so much ruckus happening with other characters.  
Their sharing moments are not noise like LH-YR.  Theirs are unadorned but genuine.  Whenever I saw the clips of them, I couldn’t help but feel touched by their growing feelings for each other. They are ordinary people (or little people) who feel sharing a meal with family and showing care (like empathy) and trust are important.  Yeah it would have been better if they got more screen time to show the contrast between them and other crazy characters.   :)

7 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

Is this for the new ep? I might be crazy or have some kind of future-telling powers (lol) because I feel like I’ve seen this before. Or maybe it’s because I’ve searched so many handsome pictures of CJH in suits so idk ;)

This writer was the one who wrote Jang Bori, right? Lee Yoori was shine in that drama. Same in here they make Lee Hyuk's character intersting and the actor also really good. However, people almost forget that Ubin is the gloomy character that need help too. Even he's not with Sunny at the end, I hope he can turn back to his cheerful character and live happily with Dongsik. Please writer don't make him die. 

I also like how the writer make Ubin still respect Sunny as married woman. Though I'm sure they start to like each other, they never pass the limit.

1 hour ago, Crystal Kim said:

Is this for the new ep? I might be crazy or have some kind of future-telling powers (lol) because I feel like I’ve seen this before. Or maybe it’s because I’ve searched so many handsome pictures of CJH in suits so idk ;)

New one. Seems Sojin will ask her for a date. Maybe her wants to publish their 'dating' become true haha. Though she's pretty weird, but Sojin is not an evil. Just like someone said previously, I hope Ubin stop teasing her around. The more he did, the more she get hurt when the truth come out.

Archived