[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, autumna said:

So according to the book Yoon wrote, Spencer's loyal butler took the body? Whose character is the butler based on? 

I thought the butler is based on Yoon. But i also think its not him. Maybe his novel is semi based on a true story and the butler is a character to spice things up~ 

Fun tidbit

The book reading scene in ep 34 is on the 16th of January, based on the backdrop of the event. The news of the corpse found is on the 17th of January...so we might see that corpse revealed next week~

But i'm not around to see what happens next week. Sobs. I'll be away on vacation. Yay! I'll catch up when i return. Or i might sneak in to see some spoilers. I'm that excited for this show! Hahaha :sweatingbullets:

I'm just passing by, but I watched episode 14 yesterday and it ended with the Emperor hugging uri Empress from her nightmare and I was like "NOOOOOO, writer-nim don't you DARE make me fall for this ship!!!!!... NOOOO I DON'T WANT TO REPLAY THIS SCENE" and I was replaying it :phew::crazy::lol::lol: GYAAAAAARGH the struggle ! I mean I think you're probably like me, struggling because of Lee Hyuk ! I can't....I can't... everyone is sooo evil and this guy he killed two people already and he doesn't hesitate to get rid of someone NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sorry just ranting~~~~

Waouh, what a terrific and full of suspense drama ! I'm a fan of the casting. But i must say that my friends and I are totally hooked by each episode. The writers are genius because each week, we have a new secret or revelation, a new character helpful to the Empress or NWS appears (or disappears !). There's such a tension that sometimes, I prefer waiting 2 weeks to watch a block of episodes not to be frustrated. Also, I congratulate the main actors :

1/ The emperor is terrifying and moving at the same time

2/ NWS and his revenge scheme is wonderful

3/ The Empress and her family are excellent too

4/ the Dowager Empress is vicious and wrong as a villain character described in a korean drama. But I think that her background is very very dangerous. She makes us feel unconfortable when we see her acting.

5/ the rest of the casting is also interesting to watch and understand because everyone has something to hide or has a lot of ambition for a takeover.

I can't wait to see the next episodes.

1 hour ago, laivla said:

13. Ms. Hong suicide, sacrifice to save Oh Ssu Ni DEATH AND CORPSE FOUND/SHOWN

For this one, I will put it under unclear. I still think that her death might have been staged... even though we do see a dead body. 

Too much cuteness and sweetness can kill!.. this is exactly how I feel after watching the last few episodes when the writer decided to make LH show the comical side of him. Initially it was ok as it brought some humor into an otherwise a rather depressing and dark side of the show but after a while, it becomes an overkill. I really must be one of the very few who feel extremely annoyed and irritated when LH starts to act cute to gain Sunny’s affection. Sadly many viewers are so taken in by this that they do not see how unstable LH is

princess So Jin hit the nail on its head when she said  this to LH.. “You were flipping about how much you like mIn Yura not too long ago and now a date with the empress?..you are crude and dirty”

i guess this is really the style of writing of our writer-nim.. 3 dimensional character for villains and 2 dimensional for the good guys. All the casts have been excellent in this drama. SSR is an excellent actor in portraying the unstable LH and JNR.. she is really a great actress.

i just feel sorry for CJH who has done such an excellent job in bringing the character of WB to life and yet most viewers feel that his scenes are boring. I am waiting to see how the revenge plan unfolds for WB and the showdown between him and LH. This has been put aside in the 2nd part of this drama. Of all the characters I pity him the most. Lost his family in a blink of an eye.. the woman whom he gave all his love to betrayed him and killed his own mother and now even wants him killed.. he may not even survive as there is bullet  in his brain.

From the preview, I guess the comical scenes will stop (I hope!) and we will see more intense scenes between the villains and the good since almost all the evil ones are resurrected esp Min YR. I just don’t understand her at all.. how can she time and time again use her own son for her benefits and easily sacrifice him when she wants to. If the writer is also going to redeem her at the end of this show, I will definitely throw something at the TV set.

I fear for Dong Shik and WB.  I doubt WS will be revealed in the next episode as it is too early esp if they are going to extend the show.

i am not going to predict any ending but as I said many many times, writer-Nim please do not cave in to what viewers what to see but stay true to your story that you oriniglaly created.

11 hours ago, jbeanie1709 said:

Too much cuteness and sweetness can kill!.. this is exactly how I feel after watching the last few episodes when the writer decided to make LH show the comical side of him. Initially it was ok as it brought some humor into an otherwise a rather depressing and dark side of the show but after a while, it becomes an overkill. I really must be one of the very few who feel extremely annoyed and irritated when LH starts to act cute to gain Sunny’s affection. Sadly many viewers are so taken in by this that they do not see how unstable LH is

I couldn't agree more! This is exactly how I feel. I may be in the minority, but I don't feel his redemption arc is being hadled the correct way. It feels forced and it doesn't make me root for the character at all. :huh:  All I see is the man getting crazier and crazier every episode. If I were SN, I'd run for the hills, tbh. 

28 minutes ago, sw33tm3lody said:

I couldn't agree more! This is exactly how I feel. I may be in the minority, but I don't feel his redemption arc is being hadled the correct way. It feels forced and it doesn't make me root for the character at all. :huh:  All I see is the man getting crazier and crazier every episode. If were SN, I'd run for the hills, tbh. 

I'm right there with you @sw33tm3lody  and @jbeanie1709 feels more unhinged. 

Whoever predicted that the rotting corpse from the first episode was SH was correct. Seeing the body with the necklace (though her body looks completely intact and fine compared to the charred body in ep1) confirms that it was SH. Probably that awful smell of flowers was really the corpse. 

With the double date, I though it was hilarious how when SN gets bumped into WS, he doesn't even let go, he just started dancing right away with her. Clearly he did not want to let her go. 

Also, the dance was very telling in how each character felt towards each other. Both of the siblings are just being petty and trying to keep what they think should be theirs, but SN and WS both did not look very happy except for when they were dancing with each other. Even when SN got pulled back to dance with the Emperor, she is clearly not happy with him. 

And WS is getting pretty jealous now that SN is playing nice to LH. 

So glad to find out that there are still many ppl with Sunny-WB shipper. I think CJH did a good job cos a lot of his acting are rather internalize and hidden than expressive:cry: 

I also can’t  help to think that during the double date, I think Sunny is jealous of the WB-SJ dancing and intentionally planned the“bump” into WB-SJ couple ( cos when LH invite her to dance, her eyes actually sway and looks like she is having something up her sleeve. PS: I think JNR did a great job !!) hehe .. 

I feel that DongShik might not identify WB, maybe they already “train” him up when they discover MYR had escaped ? 

Archived