[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Spoilers for the last episode that is  on right now,sorry this is my first time trying to do live recaps I skipped alot

Reveal hidden contents

I think not 100% sure that his mom and even DY went to apologize for WDR sake. 

He was in a bad place he looked awful I think DR turn him down again but this time she change her mine and ran after him but he was already gone thats  he looked awful.

Her dad took awhile thinking about it and I think he finally  said yes, she ran after WDR who is at the airport and they had a nice hug.

She is living back at home with him and everyone seem happy now,grandma was still chasing the mom around though lol.

DR and DY team up to  investigate see if her husband is cheating.Lol everyone was trying to hold their husbands back from beating up  the fool.

I think its 2 years later now and DR is going to law school.

They all gather for a big birthday party

DY is pregnant and so is DR sister,I see so many kids at this party I dont know whos who lol

We cut to both of them giving birth both husbands where being used to  help their stress lol

The End!

I left out alot of stuff of course since I dont understand the language but I did my best I hope you enjoyed it. :)

I can fill in a couple of blanks...

HJ bought DR’s mom a building.

All of the kids running around at the birthday party was because Kang-sam opened an orphanage.

Will save final comments until after watching subs.

The ending was so-so. They could of given us a passionate kiss at the airport, how stingy WriterNim!  Glad that the OTP got back together. Would of love it if they had the OTP leaving for their 2nd honeymoon in a RV. DR suffered for the majority of the show and we were left with just a hug. I’m not even going to go there about DY!

well at least it's a beautiful ending though such a shame that DR not pregnant but at least she will able become a prosecutor since she on law school..

well i know some of us not satisfied with DY not getting punishment for her bad attitude.. but since it's a family drama and it's also about how DR has a big heart to forgive her rude and nasty lil sister in law i think it's well end with both of them to reconcile and DY change her attitude.

well it's a good journey with this drama and the ending is also good. hope you guys have a good day.

I would have liked DR to be with TP more than WDR.  I understand that this is a family drama and we will have a Kumbaya moment, but it was too much with DY and her MIL coming and asking her to stop WDR to leave the country.  Even though there was not much romance between TP and DR, I liked that he was more intune with DR and was there during the tough times even though WDR was also there and could not be because of their family, TP even got eggs thrown at him.  It was sad to see him having to let go of her and accept that she still has feelings for WDR.  

After going back, she became the nurse again for halmoni.  Really hated her tagging along in law school.  What kind of university allows anyone to come and sit in for class?  Gilmore Girls comes to mind.  But it was too much for me to watch all that nuisance.  

DY confiding in DR and DR becoming a protective sister in law in the last episode was something I did not expect.  I would have wanted DY to be reprimanded for all the havoc she created, instead her husband had to be reeled in.  He should not have started the affair in the first place but oh well.  

I saw that Mr and Mrs Kang were the best part of the show with the baby boy (forgot who gave us the spoilers earlier of a boy in blue clothes -  Thank you).  I was sad that DR did not have any kids or was not expecting with WDR being the oldest and all.  It was nice of Mr. Kang to start an orphanage and take care of the kids.  

I guess from the ending scenes, DR friend and TP might become an item.  

So the ending was more of a blah kind of feeling - I had already tuned off quite a few episodes ago when they were traumatizing DR.  Couldn't handle it any more and just read all the posts and got a gist of the episode.  So, today's episode was neither exhilarating or dejected just blah!

Despite any flaws for the ending, I'm quite satisfied with it. The ending is better than many weekends drama's ending I had watched before like My Golden Life or Wang Family. This ending quite nice although Daya and MIL didn't get punishment I expected to them.

Because of good chemistry between CSJ and JK, I think writer had decided to write their love story quite good for a middle age couple. No wonder they got Best Couple. Sometimes, I feel their hug is more intimate than DR and WDR. haha.

Actually, I expected a dramatic ending where maybe Grandma's pass away and finally Doran not nursing anybody anymore. I love Grandma's character but I don't want Grandma to be clingy to DR forever. 

Anyway, for me , it's a good show. And I love it.

Let me put some picture of DR's brother, Doyoon. SO cute.

14 hours ago, sebsob said:

Can you recommend any dramas where the end the bad guys get their comeuppance?

@sebsob

There are two serials that, IMHO, have balanced developments and endings (the good leads make sure that the bad leads are made to improve their characters & behaviors in a lot of episodes).

[Disclaimer: Spoiler effect is not intended].:)

1) “Five Enough” (54 long episodes)
The main young good leads fell in love, challenged the male lead’s parent’s opposition, got married in the middle of the serial, and lived in a separate house. (This is quite new in these dramas). Being divorced with children, the new couple tried hard to sort out their problems. Firstly, they tried to share their loves among their bio and step children. Then, they managed to stop the male lead’ parents from interfering with their children’s raising. Meanwhile, the male lead’s mom and female lead’s grand mom kept on fighting with each other. However, over time, the elderly ladies learnt to tolerate each other. Over time, the young couple and the male lead’s parents made compromise. Along the serial, in a lot of episodes, the young couple, their parents, and their children grow in their characters and behaviors. The harmony that they found at the end did not come through 0.5-2 episodes, like in these dramas, but through hard effort in 30+ episodes, thus it was quite convincing.

2) “My Mother is a Daughter-in-Law” (136 short episodes)
The young female lead married the elder female lead’s son and got a child. Thus, the elder was her mother-in-law (MIL). However, the son died and she married the young male lead, in the middle of the serial. Meanwhile the elder lady married the elder male lead. This elder male was a nephew of the young male lead. Thus, the young lady’s former MIL now became her niece-in-law. The elder lady and elder man tried to sabotage the young couple’s business and relationship. They even managed to get them divorced. However, their conspiracy was revealed and the young couple got back their business and also reunited. Meanwhile, the elder couple got punished for their wrong doings. In a lot of episodes, the elder couple improved their characters and behavior. When their wickedness recurred, they were again punished, until eventually they became good people. Near the end, both ladies helped each other’s baby delivery. Throughout the episodes, they maintained their tupsy-turvy relationship.   
The harmony that they found at the end did not come through 0.5-2 episodes, like in these dramas, but through hard effort in 60+ episodes, thus it was quite convincing.
Unfortunately, this serial has no English subs, thus I have to comprehend it with the help of Soompi discussions. 

Note:

1) If you have watched them, we may compare notes.

2) If you also have recommendations, please inform me.

5 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

I would have liked DR to be with TP more than WDR.  I understand that this is a family drama and we will have a Kumbaya moment, but it was too much with DY and her MIL coming and asking her to stop WDR to leave the country.  Even though there was not much romance between TP and DR, I liked that he was more intune with DR and was there during the tough times even though WDR was also there and could not be because of their family, TP even got eggs thrown at him.  It was sad to see him having to let go of her and accept that she still has feelings for WDR.  

After going back, she became the nurse again for halmoni.  Really hated her tagging along in law school.  What kind of university allows anyone to come and sit in for class?  Gilmore Girls comes to mind.  But it was too much for me to watch all that nuisance.  

DY confiding in DR and DR becoming a protective sister in law in the last episode was something I did not expect.  I would have wanted DY to be reprimanded for all the havoc she created, instead her husband had to be reeled in.  He should not have started the affair in the first place but oh well.  

I saw that Mr and Mrs Kang were the best part of the show with the baby boy (forgot who gave us the spoilers earlier of a boy in blue clothes -  Thank you).  I was sad that DR did not have any kids or was not expecting with WDR being the oldest and all.  It was nice of Mr. Kang to start an orphanage and take care of the kids.  

I guess from the ending scenes, DR friend and TP might become an item.  

So the ending was more of a blah kind of feeling - I had already tuned off quite a few episodes ago when they were traumatizing DR.  Couldn't handle it any more and just read all the posts and got a gist of the episode.  So, today's episode was neither exhilarating or dejected just blah!

i think it's not too much for DY and MIL to asking DR help to stop WDR.. since they realize their mistake and their horrible attitude toward DR.. because this is a family drama i think it's teach us to forgive ur family member no matter how bad they treat u..

also DY and MIL is sincerely apologize to DR and DY also admit her jealousy toward DR.. it's a good thing even though we all know that how nasty her attitude.. but everyone deserve a forgiveness especially if they are family.

as for the grandmother i think it's okay for the grandma to clingy to DR since DR also loves her grandma in law and also grandma has a condition for that.. 

and i still disagree for TP with DR ending.. because DR and WDR broke up and divorce because of their family condition.. TP might be there to console and be with her DR in her worst moment and sad moment but WDR also trying in his side to cleared mr.Kang name from being a convict murderer so DR will not be labeled as Daughter of murderer.

so to me it's a good ending.. though what a shame is DR not pregnant.. but i also found it funny if DR pregnant with her little brother only in his 2 or 3 years old and already becoming uncle.. hahaha...

5 hours ago, Lovebeats3 said:

Because of good chemistry between CSJ and JK, I think writer had decided to write their love story quite good for a middle age couple. No wonder they got Best Couple. Sometimes, I feel their hug is more intimate than DR and WDR. haha.

Is funny that you mention this, because I had thought of same thing.  I had mention somewhere that, after Kang had discovered HJ at the church, I feel like they should’ve had a kissing scene there.  It was perfect timing and it was sooo good. I thought it was way better than WDR and DR’s reunion.  When Kang ran to give her a hug, OMG, I was even in love with him. Lol  Both of them did so well with their emotions!  They are the best couple ever!  I almost wished they were the main couple in the drama! 

I have to applaud Jin Kyung for bringing HJ, the character alive!  I don’t think anyone would’ve done it better than her.  Especially where she had to come out of her comfort zone to pull this character out.  As you’ll probably noticed, from her interviews, Jin Kyung is totally opposite of her character Hong Joo.  And Kang is the opposite of Choi Su Jung.  I died laughted while watching these two at the 2018 kbs drama award, just how different these two people are.  It amazes me how well they portrays their characters!  

I didn’t want this drama to end.  But after seeing HJ suffered so much, I am happy it ended!!!  But don’t you’ll agree that Jin Kyung deserves real life happiness?? 

28 minutes ago, Jamie Hartford said:

I have to applaud Jin Kyung for bringing HJ, the character alive!  I don’t think anyone would’ve done it better than her.  Especially where she had to come out of her comfort zone to pull this character out.  As you’ll probably noticed, from her interviews, Jin Kyung is totally opposite of her character Hong Joo.  And Kang is the opposite of Choi Su Jung.  I died laughted while watching these two at the 2018 kbs drama award, just how different these two people are.  It amazes me how well they portrays their characters!  

I always love JK in every drama she acted before. Even her role only as a supporting actress, but she will bring every character alive. I'm surprise actually she also can act as cute person in this drama. I still remember her strong acting in Pinocchio. So well played. Production had make a good choice to pair her with CSJ. 

No word for Choi Soo Joong because he always good in everything especially as "King" role. No wonder he is called "National Actor". And his drama usually will become "National Drama". I think if this drama was finished end of last year, Daesang obviously will go to CSJ. But funny how Ha Hae Ra said he had win many Daesang and should stop win it. lol.

One more thing I love about this drama also because the veteran actors. They acted so good. Every scene becomes alive. The grandmother is so cute everytime she becomes "Geum Byung" and make me laugh so hard. I also like the chemistry as father and daughter between DR and Mr Kang. Can feel their pain, their happiness. 

We knew there was going to be a kumbaya ending so there were no surprises. I
know I for one and many others in thread wanted revenge and retribution for EY
and DY but we didn't get it. Instead we got something else that I didn't realize
until after letting the final two episodes soak in a little. I have a couple of
things to unpack so here goes...

EY... She didn't get punished for how she treated DR but she learned the hard
lesson that TP's grandfather learned too late. She learned her son's love life
was not about her. It was about him and his happiness. I said ealier in this
thread that WDR was going to have to start turning his back on his family in
order to snap her out of it and it worked. True her only motivation in trying to
get WDR and DR back together was to save her son from his path of self
destruction. However, she gained something else in the process. She now has a
peaceful and happy house with a family. I couldn't help but chuckle when Mr.
Wang saw her in bed upset over WDR and her shot her a poisonous dart. I
paraphrasing here but he pretty much told her she got what she wanted. WDR and
DR were still separated so she had no reason to be upset. My heart couldn't help
but break for her when she pleaded with DR and Kang-sam for DR to come back. She
was desperate at that point. It is just too bad it had to go that far. I credit
her invoking sympathy from me by the wonderful acting job of Cha Hwa-Yeon. She
never disappoints. Wonderful actress.

Kang-sam...I get where he was coming for not wanting DR to go back to WDR and
start dating TP instead. Like he said, TP accepted them despite their
circumstances. Kang-sam was only trying to protect his daughter from more pain
from the Wangs. However, what he didn't realize that to DR the pain and
suffering was worth being with the man she loved. However, I think the sleepless
night he had got him to thinking that maybe he was breaking DR's heart by
keeping her away from WDR. Especially after HJ told him DR was crying in her
room after he turned EY away. I think he realized he was causing her to suffer
all over again and that was the last thing he wanted.

DY...While watching the episode I couldn't help but think the way the writer
reconciled her to DR was stupid. But then again, maybe not. When DR saw her
fighting with YR's concubine she could have easily scoffed and laughed at DY and
said, "How do you feel now to get a dose of your own medicine?" But she didn't.
Instead, she backed DY up and even confronted YR with her. Loved it! That is
what DY needed was for someone else to be in her corner. You could also tell
from some of the episodes this weekend her mind set regarding DR and Kang-sam
was starting to change. And her heart even broke for her brother-in-law seeing
how broken he had become. She realized she had done wrong and repented. You
really can't ask for more than that.

Finally, I really enjoyed this drama. It evoked every emotion from the viewer. I
felt it drug out too much with the extension but it was still good. I give much
of the credit to the cast. If I could give a medal it would be to the casting
director. They did an outstanding job of putting the right actors with the right
characters.

Whew done. Happy trails everyone! I enjoyed this thread with everyone in it and
hope to see you in another thread somewhere here in Soompi Forums.

Hi Everyone 

I Wanted to watch finale w/subs to get a better understanding of what was going, and give my option.  So here it goes :

DY I felt didn't get as much karma as she should have gotten neither did EY , As mean and nasty as they were to DR. But in the end she apologized for all  the wrong she did to DR. EY I knew it was going to take almost losing WDR to wake her up, No Mom wants to see their child in that state , Its unfortunate that it had to come that far, It was more heartbreaking to see how the families kept them apart and made them suffer more. But on the other side I understood where Mr Kang waa coming from, This is my daughter she has suffered for so long, I cant and will not see her suffer again. 

The TP , DR , WDR angle could have end differently , But felt like there was not enough chemistry or romance between DR and TP. I kinda of knew she was never over WDR. I have to admit .He did make a huge mistake not standing up for her when crap hit the fan. That really stung, And that on top of how his family mistreated her. But hey this is Kdrama it is what it is I was a happy with endiing even though  DR  and WDR didnt have kids, But then again how would she gone to law school. Kudos to all the cast Members all the actors they were daebok in their roles.

I couldn't help but fall over with laughter at MR and DY giving birth lol. I'm going to miss grandma she brightened my day . Mr Kang and DR made me cry every single episode . Well it's been fun on to the  next drama hope to see you all in another forum. . 

6 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

I couldn't help but chuckle when Mr.
Wang saw her in bed upset over WDR and her shot her a poisonous dart. I
paraphrasing here but he pretty much told her she got what she wanted. WDR and
  DR were still separated so she had no reason to be upset.

Yes! My thoughts exactly. Though not enough humble pie was given to EY/DY I’ll take a little bit of comfort in CEO Wang’s scathing remarks. 

WDR/DR just got too boring towards the end. We only got a hug in their penultimate reunion? Such a dud...

Grandma/MH #1 til the end. She and HJ were definitely my favorites in this drama.

???

Friends another drama in the books. It was nice watching with you! Catch ya in other threads! 

Yeah it could have been much better in the wrap up but to be honest it is a better wrap up them most dramas of this type.

WDR got to be with the love of his life DR follow her dreams grandma is still alive which is awesome! her dad is with her now guilt free, and he open a orphanage.

@jasmine19

Heartfelt thanks for your recommendations.  I haven't watched them but I've started five enough and already got to episode 5.  I really love the set up and the chemistry between the leads is really lovely.  Thank you so much for recommending it!

Spoilers ahead!

Sunny Again tomorrow.  The plot is so so but man oh man when the evil people get their comeuppance it's a delight to behold. I've got episode 118 of that drama on my 'go to cheer me up' folder when real life has got me down.  Honestly the evil people even when caught red faced and red handed, scream and shout until blue in the face that they are not to be blamed BUT yeah, they get put in their place.  Even after that they try to get out by blaming others but the writer wrote their last chapters so well. Honestly it was so satisfying to watch. Even the build up to it - the evil female lead hates the FL so much out of jealousy and again the writer shows it so well to the irrational lengths the she goes to just to make the FL life miserable.  Not only does she beg forgiveness at the end but she loses face before the one person she only ever cared about. Again so satisfying to watch. 

I think I love it so much because all the words the evil people use, the tactics to get out of accountability are things I've seen in real life. Unfortunately the justice part is what is missing in real life.  These types of people are just so stubborn in their wilful lack of responsibility for their actions.  In the drama they're the same but the people don't tolerate it by the end.  Thank goodness.

Once again, thank you for your recommendation! I'm looking forward to the justice filled ending!!!

20 hours ago, sebsob said:

Heartfelt thanks for your recommendations.

You are welcome.

In the two dramas that I mentioned, the focus was on how the bad leads mended their ways, in a lot of episodes, so that they finally deserve forgiveness and acceptance.

If you wish to watch how well good people strike against bad people and how main bad persons got prison punishment, here are some suggestions (if you have not watched them):

1. The Promise / Heaven's Promise

(This might the best justice drama that I have encountered)

2. Ice Adonis / Yellow Boot

3. Hide and Seek

4. First Love Again.

In nos. 1-3, the main good lead is played by Lee Yu-Ri, in no. 4 it is played by Myung Se-Bin.

In these dramas, initially the main good leads are kind but naive. However, after half of the episodes, they learn their lessons and become formidable fighters. They regularly strike down at the bad leads, until finally the bad leads lose everything.

It is amazing that these good leads, although they are females, are more decisive than many male leads in other dramas.

[Note: Thanks for your suggestion on "Sunny Again Tomorrow". I have watched it].

Archived