[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

11 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Not sure if it works in english - but when we don´t like someone we sometimes say we can´t smell him. Or he/she smells bad for me. So actually when someone says he likes your smell this is for me very nice - but it sure depents on how he say it and who says it. Can become creepy too.

Oh I nearly forgot - oh he said something about the PS - but he did not called her plastic monster or something like this - he honestly asked her why. And he was the only person who did this. Everyone ells seems only to asume that she wanted to be pretty - it never came to them that she only wanted to be not ugly anymore.

@Mau_Cherry  You are right chingu Kyung-Seok is the only one who asked her why she did it. He is puzzeld by it but she will eventually help him understand why she did it. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will an idol's agency allow him to kiss.. NICELY :)

i want him to kiss.. NICELY!

15 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Mau_Cherry  You are right chingu Kyung-Seok is the only one who asked her why she did it. He is puzzeld by it but she will eventually help him understand why she did it. 

but isn't he doing the same thing as others?

doesn't he automatically judge pretty girls because his mom was a beauty queen and left him hanging..so he thinks pretty people are fake and superficial.. THAT is a bias!

5 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

doesn't he automatically judge pretty girls because his mom was a beauty queen and left him hanging..so he thinks pretty people are fake and superficial.. THAT is a bias!

To give you an answer to that I first need to watch Ep. 3 with subs. So Please wait a bit. I right now can only answer from what I know from the webtoon and that might be different - as I guess.

But one answer I can give - I hope - I hope - I really hope sooooo! I hope they changed... wait what agency is he in.... Junho could do it... so why not Cha Eun Woo... lalala.... But i fear for the story - a more shy kiss will fits too...

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

SA is an attention seeker, nothing more. Each time KMR is in the center of attention, she needs to deviate people's attention on her. That's the reason why she is so obsessed with KDS because he is the only one who doesn't care about her. She was interested in him because all the girls were fancying him. Being with him, it would mean that people would look at her. That way, she has the impression that she is loved... but that kind of feeling is so short-lived because she knows that they don't really love her.

3 hours ago, deez04 said:

SA is getting on my nerves

she's such an attention seeker

just because the whole class & TA paid attention to MR when she burned herself

she literally had to fake an accident so the attention is back onto her

UGHHH

Exactly, because she can get everyone's attention, except for DKS, but KMR can she's annoyed by it. Trust me, I am pretty annoyed with her character, but in every Kdrama, there has to be that one girl that we all hate from the beginning to the end.

15 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

6 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

To give you an answer to that I first need to watch Ep. 3 with subs. So Please wait a bit. I right now can only answer from what I know from the webtoon and that might be different - as I guess.

But one answer I can give - I hope - I hope - I really hope sooooo! I hope they changed... wait what agency is he in.... Junho could do it... so why not Cha Eun Woo... lalala.... But i fear for the story - a more shy kiss will fits too...

He better be able to kiss good. Lol! :lol: 

I agree that if Junho can do it well, so can Cha Eun Woo. Heehee. 

33 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

@enigmatic_zephy  Since I started reading the web toon, I understand where Kyung-Seok is coming from. He hates PS and beauty because it is a subject that reminds him of the past. He may hate PS but he never hated Mirae but he was disappointed of her. He was a person who found nothing wrong with her past self. On some way, he takes after his father in mannerisms. Even though he hated PS, he is still there to protect her. I don’t think he judges pretty people. He is the silent type of guy who observes people and loves to test them to see what type of person they are. I think his mains problem is people who cares about appearance is what he hates, not the beauty itself. 

I hope I amkeyswnse chingu. 

For example in the drama when Woo Jin was in  the hospital, he tested the girlfriend by putting his friend on the spot to be truthful and She turned out to be materialistic. The first thing that came out of her mouth was what about “FATHER’S INHERITANCE “, not about does he have a place to stay, is he okay, how could Abeonim do that????. 

When a girl keeps chasing him around ? Asking him personal questions about his relationship status and not getting the hint when he doesn’t respond. As you can see he is a loner and have trusting issues. He even watched Soo ah and tries to avoid her because he knows she was the one who made Senior guy to hurt Mirae because she wants all the attention for herself. If you also notice that Mirae sticks the average people but Soo ah is always dragging Mirae in a dangerous situation.  

17 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@enigmatic_zephy  Since I started reading the web toon, I understand where Kyung-Seok is coming from. He hates PS and beauty because it is a subject that reminds him of the past. He may hate PS but he never hated Mirae but he was disappointed of her. He was a person who found nothing wrong with her past self. On some way, he takes after his father in mannerisms. Even though he hated PS, he is still there to protect her. I don’t think he judges pretty people. He is the silent type of guy who observes people and loves to test them to see what type of person they are. I think his mains problem is people who cares about appearance is what he hates, not the beauty itself. 

For example in the drama when Woo Jin was in  the hospital, he tested the girlfriend by putting his friend on the spot to be truthful and She turned out to be materialistic. The first thing that came out of her mouth was what about “FATHER’S INHERITANCE “, not about does he have a place to stay, is he okay, how could Abeonim do that????. 

When a girl keeps chasing him around ? Asking him personal questions about his relationship status and not getting the hint when he doesn’t respond. As you can see he is a loner and have trusting issues. He even watched Soo ah and tries to avoid her because he knows she was the one who made Senior guy to hurt Mirae because she wants all the attention for herself. If you also notice that Mirae sticks the average people but Soo ah is always dragging Mirae in a dangerous situation.  

Oh good - my work is already done - I can´t really say it better. Thats why he disliked MR in the webtoon first - even so he cared for her - he disliked that she in his eyes took so many effert to look beautiful...

Together with that scent - he really was forced to remember...

Spoiler

I love his reaction when he finds out what it must has mean to her - in the past but even today...

Hope we will get this like it was in the webtoon...

8 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hmm.. one thing i never understand and in general find hypocritical in society (which legally blonde kind of shows b'fully)..  caring for one's appearance is automatically looked down upon

- focuses too much on makeup/parlour/beauty/fitness/plastic surgery.. people shouldn't be judged. Example in this drama too ep 1 everyone assumes MR is an easy girl and likes to sleep around because she got PS.. and KDK isn't any good if what he thinks is that women caring after their looks are shallow.. as long as he  is silent time and judges people based on their behavior only then i am good.. 

but to me it doesn't seem the case.. based on what i have read about the manga

for the same example, i actually felt awkward as to what his need was to judge the girl... but to me it seemed like.. he walked in , saw the girl, she is pretty and he became judgemental and it turned out to be right judgement..

we don't see this judgement against MR in flashback..

We see this same judgement for other girls and thus him not paying attention to them.. MR can't be the only nice girl in that college

8 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Exactly, because she can get everyone's attention, except for DKS, but KMR can she's annoyed by it. Trust me, I am pretty annoyed with her character, but in every Kdrama, there has to be that one girl that we all hate from the beginning to the end.

He better be able to kiss good. Lol! :lol: 

I agree that if Junho can do it well, so can Cha Eun Woo. Heehee. 

big agency Vs small agency

well established idol vs relatively new..

crazy fangirls vs crazy fangirls have grown up so somewhat more mature gangirls

19 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Hmm.. one thing i never understand and in general find hypocritical in society (which legally blonde kind of shows b'fully)..  caring for one's appearance is automatically looked down upon

- focuses too much on makeup/parlour/beauty/fitness/plastic surgery.. people shouldn't be judged. Example in this drama too ep 1 everyone assumes MR is an easy girl and likes to sleep around because she got PS.. and KDK isn't any good if what he thinks is that women caring after their looks are shallow.. as long as he  is silent time and judges people based on their behavior only then i am good.. 

but to me it doesn't seem the case.. based on what i have read about the manga

for the same example, i actually felt awkward as to what his need was to judge the girl... but to me it seemed like.. he walked in , saw the girl, she is pretty and he became judgemental and it turned out to be right judgement..

we don't see this judgement against MR in flashback..

We see this same judgement for other girls and thus him not paying attention to them.. MR can't be the only nice girl in that college

I see where you are coming  and you are right chingu  Society does focus to much on Beauty. We have to remember chingu this concept will never go away because this is the picture Society want. We all live in world that Beauty is the two edged sword. You can beautiful be hated or admired, You can do PS to be more beautiful and be hated or admired. We as a society must tell an individual that loving yourself is what matters because that is the only way you can ever be happy. Remember we all make judgement in our every day lives because of how we view the world. Chingu, that is what it looks like but I saw it differently because If you watch his body language it screams "LONER" Not judgement.  @enigmatic_zephy I recommend you read the manga , you will see what I see or maybe not chingu.  :heart::heart:  

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

3 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Oh good - my work is already done - I can´t really say it better. Thats why he disliked MR in the webtoon first - even so he cared for her - he disliked that she in his eyes took so many effert to look beautiful...

Together with that scent - he really was forced to remember...

Reveal hidden contents

I love his reaction when he finds out what it must has mean to her - in the past but even today...

Hope we will get this like it was in the webtoon...

Ahhhh! That makes sense now. Thank you very much chingus.

I'm starting to see where DKS character starts off.

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

big agency Vs small agency

well established idol vs relatively new..

crazy fangirls vs crazy fangirls have grown up so somewhat more mature gangirls

Noooooo

so, you say we don't have any kiss in this drama? Noooooo  I really want to see a good kiss and not just one kiss several kisses:wub::wub::wub:

I hope to make it happen 

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

Ahhhh! That makes sense now. Thank you very much chingus.

I'm starting to see where DKS character starts off.

One part I love about the webtoon - not only Mi Rae has her own history... To understand why DKS is the way he is - it needs more information. I was honestly surprised in the webtoon. That was not predictable for me.

So I watched Ep. 3 with subs - and I wish I just could watch more... but reality is harsh again. I love that Mi Rae admits to KS that what he said was not wrong... and I loved it in the webtoon and in the Drama too - that she is honest and tells him that she hates herself too for giving people points for the way they look. Thats the funny fact - we have a so called natural beauty - who is all fake inside - and a so called fake beautiy - who is real and honest but very unsure inside...

I was happy today not just because of the main leads - I am so happy about Kwak Dong Yeon (hope I wrote it right). So nice to see him here - and I like his role too. Very interesting to see what they plan with him. And he was cool - so calm and friendly - when he maded clear that he will destroy the life of our senior pervert.  I wonder what the ugly senior is up to now - in the webtoon he left school after KS maded him a laughing stock. Honestly - he was the loser in the class right... he for sure had no chance with girls from his age. So he stayed behind and tried to play almighty now. Somehow pitiful - but he had gone way too far to even gain my pity.

I guess until now there is only one change I don´t like too much. I don´t really know why it was needed to make KS Father a politican. He was a successfull buisnessman - that was enough for me. Making him the next canidate for president (or goverment or whatever) is a bit too much for me.

One more word about KS...

he is not the angel - and he was never portrait like that... he makes mistakes too and he hurted Mi Rae... but in the end... he find out more and he is able to say he is sorry. He has his own agenda - and own sensible points... thats like that for all of us. But he is not just judging and than he left.. no he asked --- he sometimes reacts to fast and to harsh - and he can change his mind. Honestly I love this character more and more. Because he is not flawless. And in the end - only because he told Mi Rae all that (inkl. the bad stuff) only like that she had the chance to know and react - and she did in a good way. She was hurted  - but she too needed to admit first to herself than to him too - that he was right in that case. Not always - of course not. And he should not judge her - but he will learn his lessons - they both will grow.

9 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

He was a successfull buisnessman - that was enough for me. Making him the next canidate for president (or goverment or whatever) is a bit too much for me

@Mau_Cherry ... It is for dramatic effect chingu  and maybe it will be used as a threat to keep our OTP apart. Who knows???? 

1 minute ago, UnniSarah said:

@Mau_Cherry ... It is for dramatic effect chingu  and maybe it will be used as a threat to keep our OTP apart. Who knows???? 

I fear something like that - and I hope not - one more reason I don´t like that change. I know it looks like more but for me - as I said - too much. Its enough that he is from a wealthy but ruined family. But maybe some typical KDrama Elements are needed for producers to be happy... just glad that there seems to be no place for a stupid amnesia idea here. B)

19 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

One part I love about the webtoon - not only Mi Rae has her own history... To understand why DKS is the way he is - it needs more information. I was honestly surprised in the drama. That was not predictable for me.

So I watched Ep. 3 with subs - and I wish I just could watch more... but reality is harsh again. I love that Mi Rae admits to KS that what he said was not wrong... and I loved it in the webtoon and in the Drama too - that she is honest and tells him that she hates herself too for giving people points for the way they look. Thats the funny fact - we have a so called natural beauty - who is all fake inside - and a so called fake beautiy - who is real and honest but very unsure inside...

I was happy today not just because of the main leads - I am so happy about Kwak Dong Yeon (hope I wrote it right). So nice to see him here - and I like his role too. Very interesting to see what they plan with him. And he was cool - so calm and friendly - when he maded clear that he will destroy the life of our senior pervert.  I wonder what the ugly senior is up to now - in the webtoon he left school after KS maded him a laughing stock. Honestly - he was the loser in the class right... he for sure had no chance with girls from his age. So he stayed behind and tried to play almighty now. Somehow pitiful - but he had gone way too far to even gain my pity.

I guess until now there is only one change I don´t like too much. I don´t really know why it was needed to make KS a politican. He was a successfull buisnessman - that was enough for me. Making him the next canidate for president (or goverment or whatever) is a bit too much for me.

One more word about KS...

he is not the angel - and he was never portrait like that... he makes mistakes too and he hurted Mi Rae... but in the end... he find out more and he is able to say he is sorry. He has his own agenda - and own sensible points... thats like that for all of us. But he is not just judging and than he left.. no he asked --- he sometimes reacts to fast and to harsh - and he can change his mind. Honestly I love this character more and more. Because he is not flawless. And in the end - only because he told Mi Rae all that (inkl. the bad stuff) only like that she had the chance to know and react - and she did in a good way. She was hurted  - but she too needed to admit first to herself than to him too - that he was right in that case. Not always - of course not. And he should not judge her - but he will learn his lessons - they both will grow.

I haven't watched the episode with english subs, yet. Will have to wait for tonight to watch it.

But thank you for the heads up. I am really looking forward to DKS's character revealing more out. When the drama started, I didn't picture DKS to be an angel, everyone just thought and label him as that, but you can tell he had some flaws and was going through some tough times that made his personality and attitude that way.

I'm just glad that creep senior got beat up by DKS. He's such an a** and he deserves it.

@Mau_Cherry Chingu, I'm sorry to put it out there, but may you spoil it if it's going to be SA who finds out that KMR did plastic surgery and reveals it? Sorry. You can just PM me. :)

Ep. 3 ratings: 3.1%

Only just realized that this drama competes with both produce 48 and i live alone on fridays, airing at the same time(i live alone starts just 10 minutes after). That considered, I'm actually really impressed at the ratings, especially since i live alone is quite popular. 

We're still very early in the drama but I'm liking it more and more. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with how eunwoo is handling the cold do kyung suk character. (And am amused at some of the comments criticizing his acting while the same people praise other actors who aren't really all that great in the same breath. Not naming names, for obvious reasons) Kwak dong yeon is great as always, that's all.  I love how much more interesting and likable both male lead characters are compared to the webtoon original. There's more depth, as one would desire from a live action remake. 

@spark101... Thanks for the info chingu. I too like EunWoo's performance too.  I think whoeve is critisizinv his performance should watch Suho from RIch Man. Suho couldn't pull off being cold character at all. It was off unlike EunWoo pulled it off beautifully. I am sure as the drama progresses he will get better like any actor/actress  playing a role in a drama or play. Experiece will improve any performer. :heart::heart:

Annyeonhaseyo @celebrianna and @whome.. Good to see you guys. WHat do you think about the drama and the topic of PS. :D

Archived