[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Annyeonhaseyo @celebrianna and @whome.. Good to see you guys. WHat do you think about the drama and the topic of PS. :D

Hi chingu, ^_^ I’ve never really thought much on the topic of PS but since watching this drama I don’t think I have a problem with it. I actually sympathize with Mi Rae particularly because I get the impression that she was isolated because of her appearance. I don’t think PS was an easy decision for her to make even if the ostracism she faced forced her to become more focused on looks. I’m just hoping that now that she’s more attractive and she’s still the topic of gossip that she’ll finally begin to understand that she should value who she is as a person. If some can’t see her value, too bad but I’m sure she’ll find good friends along the way. 

Right now I know MR must feel anxious. After she heard those awful words that she’s a plastic monster, she probably feels like her peers might see her that way too. This is why I really enjoy her interactions with DKS. He might be blunt but I feel like she’s being herself when she’s around him most likely because he already knew her from the past and now shares her secret. It’s also good that he recognizes when he’s wrong or too harsh and apologizes for it. I hope MR make some sincere friends and finally begin to enjoy her youth.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I know - but hey - let me hope!

he he.. i agree.. same boat same boat

6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I see where you are coming  and you are right chingu  Society does focus to much on Beauty. We have to remember chingu this concept will never go away because this is the picture Society want. We all live in world that Beauty is the two edged sword. You can beautiful be hated or admired, You can do PS to be more beautiful and be hated or admired. We as a society must tell an individual that loving yourself is what matters because that is the only way you can ever be happy. Remember we all make judgement in our every day lives because of how we view the world. Chingu, that is what it looks like but I saw it differently because If you watch his body language it screams "LONER" Not judgement.  @enigmatic_zephy I recommend you read the manga , you will see what I see or maybe not chingu.  :heart::heart:  

true.. more than society concept.. i would probably say, people should recognize they are just another animal specie .. and lust/beauty is very primal thing..

And therefore, people shouldn't look down upon beauty as a strength by ridiculing or trying to find lack of IQ or "personality depth" .. example, if a girl is pretty and gets all the boys then don't go about dissing her saying she is shallow; or if a pretty girl scores highest in the class, or when a pretty girl gets job over a non pretty one (because she might have been a little less smart than non pretty one.. but sh ewasn't dumb to begin with)

lol.. whom am i kidding.. we are born to get envious, jealous.. etc etc..

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@turtle0217....

Reveal hidden contents

They already know chingu ... that IS WHY THEY CALL HER GANGNAM BEAUTY , EQUALS PLASTIC SURGERY 

Lol! I haven't watched episode 3, so I barely know what's going on, but wow! they know already. 

I don't know if anyone post this up, but part 1 of the OST is out.

I found the one with lyrics.

Credit to Laluna Youtube

This is as good as cheese in the trap.. music, acting, color pallete of the screen..

and our astro guy can act (or atleast this deadpan look looks fine )

how are the ratings?

it would be shame if this is not doing well.. if not rating wise, but online should be a talking point..

peopl! promote the drama.. it's really good

Hi everyone! :)

I just started watching this drama and I'm really enjoying it. I see that there are 3 episodes up so far, so I'll come back after catching up with them. For now,  I just wanted to stop by and greet everyone in this thread. :rolleyes:

Uhm sorry to drop in suddenly but i'm watching this drama and so far I love it , even though i'm annoyed with both of the leads for the way they are:D

But that's not why I am here I just want to know if the ost or the track that goes 'something in your eyes, tell me who I am...something something when you are near me, you can tell why'?

Pls just @me if you find it:D

This song seems to come up when ever the two are all by themselves. It came up on ep 3 and  DKS asked her out to lunch in a heart beat! Okay I need to go watch the sub episode. I like watching raw for the expressions on the face and then I watch the subs (my drama watching habits)

4 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

A slightly tedious episode for me. I really like the complexities of the relationship between the (presumptive) OTP, but the villains are written so crudely and unsubtly it's getting a bit tiresome. Mop is a caricature, very 1-D, and OTT at that, but the one that disappoints me most is Soo Ah. I want to see more subtlety to her scheming, and more background, too. As it is, she's so brazen that I find myself getting annoyed with KMR for not seeing it, which requires her to be dumber than a brain-damaged rock. I get that it's the victim mentality clinging to a perceived friend, but seriously, by now even she should be wising up. If Soo Ah were more discreetly manipulative and covertly cruel, it would make their interactions more credible. 

I guess it is is not easy to follow the script from a webtoon - like fans will hate if if there are too many differences but still it needs a few changes. It can become real trouble when the fans in the end don´t like it (like it happen with Chease in the Trap).

I can see a little try to give us a hint about Soo A - this did not happen on that early time in the webtoon. But her actions are really like it was in there.

I know what you mean with making Mi Rae looks stupid - so even KS called her dumb in the start (can´t recall that from the webtoon). There are first times I agree already. Maybe it makes it a bit more understandable in the webtoon for me because there was noone on her side before - like a loving mother or a best friend.

2 hours ago, mqiuwen said:

Hi everyone! :)

I just started watching this drama and I'm really enjoying it. I see that there are 3 episodes up so far, so I'll come back after catching up with them. For now,  I just wanted to stop by and greet everyone in this thread. :rolleyes:

Welcome - hope you enjoy it and share your meaning later with us! hi-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862508

Finally found the time to watch the episode with English sub. 

Gosh! I wanna strangle Soo Ah soo much! :rage: Like she's flipping words around and yes, I understand it was KMR who blurt out about her and DKS going to the same middle school, but seriously Soo Ah has to go and tell everyone about it. Seriously this woman can't keep her mouth shut. And the lab scene, when she dropped the flask on herself. Yes, she's trying to see how DKS would react, because he cared for KMS when she burn her fingers. Man! They really know how to make her character annoying. 

I am hoping that Soo Ah doesn't work at the bar and it's KMR who gets the job and works there with DKS.

10 minutes ago, tianaa said:

he looked kind a cutie when he asked MR if he was cool and she said No 

that sunbae deserves this and more

I found that scene cute. DKS was adorable asking her that and the little interaction between them is cute.

When he beat up that sunbae, it was like he just walked in without saying anything and trashed that guy with the mop. That stupid sunbae deserves it. He needed to be taught a lesson. That's why no one respect him.

I jumped to the latest chapter of the webtoon and well, well, well. SA is really something. Beware of this kind of person, people.

In fairness to MR and everyone blinded by SA's foxiness, she's indeed sly. Viewers see all sides so we can easily tell she's a fake. The characters unfortunately don't, plus they are already biased from the start. KS has been very observant so he can see through people. 

19 minutes ago, jeijei said:

I jumped to the latest chapter of the webtoon and well, well, well. SA is really something. Beware of this kind of person, people.

In fairness to MR and everyone blinded by SA's foxiness, she's indeed sly. Viewers see all sides so we can easily tell she's a fake. The characters unfortunately don't, plus they are already biased from the start. KS has been very observant so he can see through people. 

Oh yes! She's a real sly fox! I'm glad that they had DKS's character be the one who sees through everything. I sometime hates it in dramas where the main guy doesn't see it at all that the second girl is a sly fox. I like it that DKS is soo observant that he hears and sees everything.

Saw this on JTBC Instagram, thought I share it. Cha Eun Woo is soo tall. I don't even notice that he's that tall in the drama.

Also so BTS pictures. Don't know what's going on in the pictures, but my guess is he waiting for her..?

Credit to instagram owner

I really liked episode 3, it's very interesting to hear your thoughts too. I love those moments between MR and KS and the cafeteria scene was really nice! I love that they are unintentionally getting closer haha...this guy is so charming :P I think it will be interesting that in the preview KS already suspect that MR didn't drop the glass, he is the only one that sees through her. I thought she was annoying and fake in the first two episodes but this is kind of alarming behaviour. So much other things in the preview, the storyline is certainly not boring! I'll be back later when episode 4 is out :)

After watching episode 3, one thing haunts me. It was when Mi Rae spent the night at her parent's house and Mi Rae's mom said to her:

"They're finally seeing your true value now that you're pretty..."

That is just so heartbreaking. :( I think this really sums up how a big part of our society thinks. That a person's value is measured by what you own, your appearance, your connections, your education, etc. In my opinion, every single person on this earth is equal and has the same value. It doesn't matter if you are rich or choose to stay in your bed for the rest of your life. You are a valuable person nonetheless.

I hope that Mi Rae will start to understand this little by little. I think she took her first step with the help of Do Kyung-seok. I am interested to see what she will come to realize next on her journey to becoming truly happy. :)

PS. It seems many of you on this thread have read the webtoon. Could you, please, not spoil for the rest of us who haven't read the webtoon, the things you may know about the characters or future events? Please, use the spoiler tags / hidden contents. Thank you in advance! :)

Just watched the 3rd episode and I liked it. I don't mind the change of events and the order of events. I think  it comes with the adaptation. A tv show/drama is a tv show. A book is a book. And a webtoon is a webtoon. So things need to be changed so they can fit in the limitations of a 16-episodes drama. As long as it's done well I'm fine with it. But I also like to see the discussions on what was changed and what didn't make it into the drama version. :) 

But of course there are always eager fans out there who will complain about any adaptation. Something will be always amiss. But again: a drama is a drama.

I agree though that I'm a bit confused in regards of the timeline in the drama. There seems to happen something everyday and I would like to see that Mi Rae doesn't need to deal with crazy sunbae or Soo Ah one day after the other. I just wish to see them having like maybe days or even a week or so passing. Otherwise it comes across as if Mi Rae is really in her "The college bully version"-nightmare. I don't need the drama to tick off every iconic webtoon scene but that's me and I understand when webtoon readers are looking for those scenes. :) 

Also agree the antagonists - so to speak - are pretty much black and white but:

Spoiler

that's the same in the webtoon tbh. And while Soo Ah has to deal with her own problems as well, she still is not likable - neither in the webtoon nor the drama (so far).

But that's simply because the webtoon and the drama want to bring a point across or it's a very raw way of making me want to side with Mi Rae. As if being bullied in school isn't enough reason to sympathize with her and be on her side. 

Again I like both, the webtoon and drama, but it's not perfect and in anyway elaborate in the way it's telling its story. But it's entertaining and I'm looking forward to the next episodes and character development. :D

Archived