[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

21 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Btw there will be a Bad Papa product presentation at the BCWW event tomorrow which I posted the news earlier. Jang Hyuk and the director will be in attendance.

Oh I hope there are many photos of him at the event tomorrow :)

23 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Here is the full version. There is another blurry one below

The second pic  looks like they are walking away from him. :o

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Can you spot cute Hyuk standing in his slippers in the pic on the right? So cute! 

Haha I didnt notice until u pointed it out

1 hour ago, nyk said:

The second pic  looks like they are walking away from him. :o

Yeah that one looks like Homely Papa instead of Boxing Papa.

2 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Wowwwwwww! Nice poster, depicts a fallen boxer.

more awesome pic :)

Love the first pic !

Forgot to post this in the excitement of new stills released today haha.

Abs looking good !

Playful Papa

9 minutes ago, triplem said:

Lol! I’m not sure which mod changes the title. Normally it’s the thread keeper , the first person who started the thread who edits it. You are right about the usage . 

I wrote the title as premiere initially but a mod changed it to premier. Then I noticed all threads here uses premier instead of premiere so I guess someone must be standardizing it. How do we see which mod edited it? 

15 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Btw is that money surrounding him in the water picture ?

Definitely looks like Money.. It's like he couldn't resist the temptation and jumped into the sea of money only to find himself struggling to surface to get back to his family.. I love the poster!!

1 hour ago, nyk said:

The second pic  looks like they are walking away from him. 

Yes.. looks like he made his daughter a bento for lunch (a homely papa?)..but she is rejecting his love..so sad..

I want to see him preparing food for the family! In his slippers!! :w00t:

29 minutes ago, nyk said:

poor CKS  got hit by slim but powerful leg

Hahaha! Love him in slippers. ..so homely.. and his pecs cannot be concealed by his T shirt..

14 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Definitely looks like Money.. It's like he couldn't resist the temptation and jumped into the sea of money only to find himself struggling to surface to get back to his family.. I love the poster!!

Yes.. looks like he made his daughter a bento for lunch (a homely papa?)..but she is rejecting his love..so sad..

I want to see him preparing food for the family! In his slippers!! :w00t:

Hahaha! Love him in slippers. ..so homely.. and his pecs cannot be concealed by his T shirt..

According to the synopsis he has no money to pay his daughter’s hospital bill and rent after losing his job, poor papa!

15 minutes ago, triplem said:

I can see it from moderation history. But no worries , I’ll bring it up to the other mods. :). Thanks for alerting me.

——

wahhhhh , this man has got some amazing abs!!!! . What a feast for our eyes :D

Thanks a lot !

And yeah nice abs, he had been working on them for quite some time already 

54 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Translation of synopsis 

Didn't expect that he will be a detective too. haha 

It's sad that the family turns back at him. but going to find out more in actual drama why they do that. 

Are these official posters? To me it looked more like two random stills from two scenes of the drama. B)

41 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I want to see him preparing food for the family!

Again I must be weird one because my eyes saw the dad snatching his daughter's school bag .:sweatingbullets:

I just pray that there is a convincing reason for YJC's family's haterd towards him. I don't think just loss of finance and reputation is enough to turn away his family from him.

This is too exciting!

Yes, I believe he turns bad (illegal boxing) to be a good papa (to support family).

Oh no! I can already feel that we are going to cry buckets! 

Action and emotions - all in together!

And judging from the poster and photography skills, we are in for some wonderful cinematography ? I love the pictures :)

JH! Bring it on!!!! 

31 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Again I must be weird one because my eyes saw the dad snatching his daughter's school bag .:sweatingbullets:

Lol! you are not weird, you are sharp! It does look like her bag now that you mentioned it...I think I must be craving for food cooked by Hyuk.. his scrambled eggs (that he scooped with his hands) and his Hyuk dog...:joy:

So excited to see the release of the first stills!  An injured and exhausted papa brings me both heartpain and excitement.  From the posters, stills and fresh synopsis released today, looks like we'll be in for a lot of heartache, with all the struggles and sacrifices he'll be making for the family to make ends meet, and the misunderstandings he faced from his family.  I can imagine myself scolding the daughter already for ignoring her papa....

Well, better start bracing myself now, for a long suffering papa...... and those abs and biceps :love: 

So JH's characters is a detective in the beginning. Now I get the significance of the other detectives. So he was a boxer when his daughter was little per filming pics, became a detective, and then turns to illegal fighting when he loses his job. Choosing to be a bad man to be a good father makes a lot more sense now. 

Btw the latest Soompi article today described his defeat as ‘unexpected’ instead of ‘disgraceful’ which was in the earlier article last week. 

56 minutes ago, qynn said:

So JH's characters is a detective in the beginning. Now I get the significance of the other detectives. So he was a boxer when his daughter was little per filming pics, became a detective, and then turns to illegal fighting when he loses his job. Choosing to be a bad man to be a good father makes a lot more sense now. 

Yes, boxer to detective to illegal fighter. Hopefully we can get more pics or teasers tomorrow ! 

10 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Love what you said here.. 

I'm so excited with all these pictures and teasers.. wake me up when September ends coz this month is taking longer than usual. :D

12 hours ago, nyk said:

Didn't expect that he will be a detective too. haha 

It's sad that the family turns back at him. but going to find out more in actual drama why they do that. 

Now I suddenly remember, one of the characters (the one played by Kim Jae Kyung) was described as a female detective who is Jang Hyuk's junior. Initially I thought she is his junior in the boxing school or something (since detectives need to keep fit). Now I realize she is probably his junior in the police force.

44 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Initially I thought she is his junior in the boxing school or something

And I thought he was her school senior.:lol:

Orion's Daily Ramblings] Jang Hyuk Enters the Ring for "Bad Papa"

miniminiphoto961627.jpg By Vasia Orion on 2018/09/04 at 17:10 PST

photo999400.jpg

Jang Hyuk and martial arts are a match made in hard work heaven, something "Bad Papa" would very much like to remind us in these first stills of our has-been and will-

will-be hero. While the once best boxer goes through a slump following a questionable defeat that cost him everything, we'll no doubt be getting a great return.

The stills released are from a part where protagonist Ji-cheol lies down in the ring and hugs his family after a victory. The scene has quite the preparation behind it, as the production was reportedly given set consultation by one of the country's top MMA organizations, TFC (Top Fighting Championship). Their participation, Jang Hyuk's rigorous training, and the appearance of real judges and athletes makes it all the more realistic.

I hope that his growth as a person will be as important as his athletic rebirth. Losing at sports doesn't just automatically make you a negligent father, so my guess is that he does plenty of wrong after his body and ego experience defeat. I'm intrigued by his story of redemption, and will check the drama out when it premieres, starting October 1st at 22:00 KST on MBC.

https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-jang-hyuk-enters-the-ring-for-bad-papa-121915-amp.html

Archived