[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

When some high profiled actors shy away from social media... not Jang Hyuk! We appreciate actors who knows how to let us involve with what's happening with the drama's they're doing. We get to see behind the scenes, and basically lettin viewers know the drama is  in full swing, they're filming.  (a bit off topic just to share,  besides Hyukie,  Park Shin Hye is another one who uses IG a lot to post  things happening bts and locations). MBC promotion  for Money  Flower was same too anyway I think.. Then when it aired, we were blown the excellent drama. Lets wait.  we have 5 weeks to go

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jongski If this premier immediately after the end of Risky Romance, the date will be 17 Sep. Today is already 19 Aug, we only have 4 weeks to go, and not a single still, no BTS, nothing at all from MBS. Even the Wed/Thur drama premiering on the same week in Sep already had script reading pics and several stills released (but I heard that is an outsourced project so different treatment probably). Not to say competing stations broadcasting the same period or even later already had so many pics out.

When u see the actors and crew working so hard, it’s sad to see the station not doing its part to promote it. Yes a good drama will eventually win over the viewers’ hearts but it is so unfair they are not given the same head start. 

Ok ranting over. Let’s hope we can see something tomorrow since it will be a weekday. 

I kinda understand why there was less promotion during MF though since there was protesting going on. but I don't know what happened to MBC this time. I also think It is so unfair to staff and actors. 

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

(but I heard that is an outsourced project so different treatment probably). 

I may sound ignorant for asking this but what is an outsourced drama?

The lead actor of another drama is very popular both in Korea and in other countries with Hallayu following. Thats why we have a lot of fan videos and stills. That drama will bring much more money even if it fails in rating department.

5 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I may sound ignorant for asking this but what is an outsourced drama?

The lead actor of another drama is very popular both in Korea and in other countries with Hallayu following. Thats why we have a lot of fan videos and stills. That drama will bring much more money even if it fails in rating department.

outsourced dramas are produced (most often partially) outside the publishing house. this saves a lot of cost especially in case of workforce as people in big production houses are quite expensive.

News article

"Charismatic drama epic scene" .. Jang Hyuk, handsome bloody face

On the 19th Aug, actor Jang Hyuk posted two pictures on his instagram account, along with the words "Today too. ~ Same situation ~" .

In the photo released, Jang Hyuk has blood on his face and took an authentication shot. Even in the blood-soaked makeup, Jang's handsome appearance catches attention. 

Meanwhile, MBC drama 'Bad Papa' which is played by Jang Hyuk, depicts the story of a bad man becoming a good father. It will start broadcast from September.

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20180819

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20180819

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=201808191200547900159_1

7 hours ago, SirRaizel said:

outsourced dramas are produced (most often partially) outside the publishing house. this saves a lot of cost especially in case of workforce as people in big production houses are quite expensive.

Thanks for answering me.:)

But why would networks promote outsourced dramas more than other dramas? Like @Prettysup mentioned earlier.

6 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Thanks for answering me.:)

But why would networks promote outsourced dramas more than other dramas? Like @Prettysup mentioned earlier.

I think it is the outsourced company who got ready the promos stuffs for the station. And they are much more efficient at it.

Post by Choi Ki Sub

The broadcast of MBC's current Mon/Tue drama 'Risky Romance' was suspended yesterday and today (20-21 Aug) due to Asian Games. So by calculation, this drama's last episode has been pushed back a week to 18th Sep.

So in this case, Bad Papa's premiere is most likely pushed back from the original 17th Sep to 24th Sep, I think ?

So Ji-Sub, Shin Ha Kyun, Jang Hyuk  ... MBC drama, will promote in the second half

article.jpg

Actors So Ji Sub, Shin Ha Kyun, and Jang Hyuk come to the TV screens. As MBC dramas are suffering from stagnant ratings recently, attention is focused on these 3 actors who are starring in upcoming MBC dramas.

So Ji-sub, Shin Ha Kyun, and Jang Hyuk each will act in a drama at MBC in the second half of this year. So Ji - sub will meet viewers in the drama 'Terius Behind Me' which will be broadcasted first in September. Shin Ha Kyun will act in the drama 'Bad Criminal', which will be broadcasted  in winter. Jang Hyuk is also meeting viewers with drama 'Bad Papa' in September.

Currently, not only do MBC drama have stagnant ratings , they also have not generate much talk. The Mon-Tue drama 'Risky Romance' has an average rating of 3% (Nielsen Korea nationwide) and the Wed-Thur drama 'Time' is the same with 3% audience rating. Since the end of the MBC general strike in November last year, the drama with the highest rating is "Partners for Justice" which highest viewing rate was 9.6 percent.

It is anticipated that three actors who have stable acting ability and high reliability of the public will contribute to promoting MBC drama. So Ji-Sub acts in  "Terius behind me" which is a drama depicting the story of a legendary NIS director, Black Agent Kimborn, who helps a woman who has lost her husband and digs a huge plot. So Ji-sub is expected to return to the drama as "Terius" after two years in KBS2 'Oh My Venus' which ended in January, 2016, and to become an agent of the NIS for action and romantic comedy.

Shin Ha-kyun has also returned to the drama in about two years as a "bad criminal" after TVN's "Pied_Piper", which was concluded in April 2016. 'Bad Criminal' is a crime investigation drama depicting the work of a genius woman psycho pass and a sense of justice and a sense of justice, based on the British BBC drama 'Luther'. Shin Ha-kyun is a seasoned criminal and a lonely detective who stands on the edge of good and evil. He will show a new character of human charm like John Luther, the main character of the original drama

Finally, "Bad Papa," starring Jang Hyuk, depicts the struggle of the head of the family to become a bad man in order to become a good father. Jang Hyuk acts as one of the best boxing players in the world, but he is also expected to show his acting side as a father who lost his money and honor at the moment, who suffers from misfortune and how he regains the lost family affection. After MBC drama "Money Flower" which ended in February and SBS "Greasy Melo" which ended in July this year, viewers are having big expectations of what change he will show in 'Bad Papa'.

http://news1.kr/articles/?3404129

Jung Man-sik confirms appearance in 'Bad Papa' appearance confirmed,  working with Jang Hyuk for second time

Jung Man-sik has confirmed his role in the MBC drama 'Bad Papa'

"Bad Papa" is a heart-breaking story of a middle-aged man who struggles to protect his family from the harsh world. Jung Man-sik will play the role of Joo Guk-sung, a mentor and partner of the main character Yoo Ji-chul (played by Jang Hyuk)

This is the second time Jung Man-sik will be working with Jang Hyuk after the movie  "The Swordsman". Expectations are high in anticipation of the acting synergy the two actors.

Based on his solid acting skills, Jung Man-sik has been acting in movies such as"Miracle in cell no. 7," "Veteran", 'Inside Men', "Asura," "The Battleship Island" and TV series "The GreatestLove", 'The King 2 Hearts' , 'Man to Man' and "Falsify."

Meanwhile, MBC's new drama Bad Papa will air in September.

201808220912136710_1.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201808220912136710

Kim Seung-hyun, 'Bad Papa' starring ... acting as Jang Hyuk's friend

Actor Kim Seung-hyun appears on MBC drama Bad Papa.

On the afternoon of the 22nd, August,  Kim Seung-hyun's agency said, "Kim Seung-hyun plays Yoon Soo in the drama as a friend of Jang Hyuk."

Kim also said that in the second half of this year, he will also be busy playing the role of detective Choi  in the horror movie title Hanju. 

Meanwhile, MBC Bad Papa is scheduled to air in September.

91623597.1.jpg

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20180822/91623598/1

There is little bit of information about Jung Man Sik's character in this article. Though the writer here also wrongly mentioned that Bad Papa is second collaboration of him and Hyukie. It's 3rd including Ordinary Person.

Jung Man-sik and Jang Hyuk Together Again in MBC "Bad Papa"

photo996230.jpg

Jung Man-sik is joining the drama "Bad Paps

is a heart wrenching drama about a father who struggles through obstacles to protect his family. Jung Man-suk plays Joo Gook-seong a mentor and partner to Jang Hyuk's character, Yoo Ji-cheol..

He is expected to influence Yoo Ji-cheol who becomes a martial arts athlete to regain his broken life.

Jung Man-sik worked with Jang Hyuk in "Swordsman" before so their synergy is highly anticipated.

Source: https://www.hancinema.net/jung-man-sik-and-jang-hyuk-together-again-in-mbc-bad-papa-121536-amp.html?

Archived