[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, azureblue7 said:
This introductory video was published on Feb 2017 

@Prettysup posted an article much earlier where it was mentioned that Bad Papa is adapted from an award winning story. I thought the story writer is also going to be the scriptwriter. But it looks like screenwriter is a different person. 

22 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

@Prettysup posted an article much earlier where it was mentioned that Bad Papa is adapted from an award winning story. I thought the story writer is also going to be the scriptwriter. But it looks like screenwriter is a different person. 

Yeah, not the same person

54 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Wait I'm getting confused. Bad Papa is adapted from what award winning story? Who's the screen writer now? October is the premier  Is this going to be prepoduced?

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Yeah, not the same person

Looks like writer is also a newbie.

29 minutes ago, jongski said:

Wait I'm getting confused. Bad Papa is adapted from what award winning story? Who's the screen writer now? October is the premier  Is this going to be prepoduced?

I think there was a writing contest possibly organised by the broadcasting networks. This story was one of the winners and MBC decided to make a full drama series based on the story (like networks do many times).

I've never heard the name of the screenwriter. I think he or she is new. Earlier I thought story writer is also writing the script but their names are different.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - Jang Hyuk - Mon & Tue - Premiers on October 1st
1 hour ago, jongski said:

Screen-writer of the drama is Kim Sung min, who is adapting the story from an award-winning story .

Drama will premier on 1st October.

Not pre-produced.

3 hours ago, jhjsw said:

So they moved it to October 1?

Coz I guess its predecessor Risky Romance had to stop a few episodes due to Asian Games broadcast. So everything just get shifted back a bit.

Happy to see the first teaser!

So it premieres on October 1? It's going to be a tough timeslot, I think, but I'm glad they will have extra time to film since it seems like dramas are live filming earlier and earlier these days. 

49 minutes ago, qynn said:

Happy to see the first teaser!

So it premieres on October 1? It's going to be a tough timeslot, I think, but I'm glad they will have extra time to film since it seems like dramas are live filming earlier and earlier these days. 

Bad Papa will be directly competing against Cha Tae Hyun's new KBS drama ! :astonished:

And this time slot is indeed extremely difficult. So many new dramas with popular actors.:cry:

Tougher for JH because he has to compete with his bff.:sweatingbullets:

56 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Bad Papa will be directly competing against Cha Tae Hyun's new KBS drama ! :astonished:

And this time slot is indeed extremely difficult. So many new dramas with popular actors.:cry:

Tougher for JH because he has to compete with his bff.:sweatingbullets:

Oh competing with his Best Friend!

I suppose CTH drama is comedy? I can’t pic him in any other types of genre.

It depends on what viewers prefer.

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

Isn't CTH drama with Bae Doo Na? 

2 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I know right. Other big name stars and their dramas will  premiere in November.... Hyun Bin x Shin Hye / Bo Gumx He Kyo/ LSG  x Suzy B Kim Yoo Jung x Song Jae Rim/ Moon Chae Won x Yoon Hyun Min. For popular high in ratings... well PBG SHK drama (noona romance and all that) you know how fans are.  By the time these drama premiere, BP will be like halfway with it's episodes.

For critical success w/excellent acting, the story,  then definitely to JH and Bad Papa. I don't even have to think about that.

7 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Yeah 'Bad Papa' will premier on the same week as the finales of SBS's '30 going on 17' and KBS's  'Lovely Horribly', after which it will compete with 'Fox Star Bride' (an airport-theme drama starring Lee Je-hoon) and 'The Best Divorce' (CTH's rom-com-drama with Bae Doona). Over at TVN at the same timeslot we have the 'Husband of 100-days' (a saguek starring DO).

Well competition is inevitable whatever the timeslot, there is never a best time. Just have to meet it head-on and hope for the best!!

Soompi article about Bad Papa teaser! We can leave comments in the article link below to encourage Soompi to translate more articles related to Bad Papa in future haha...

Watch: Jang Hyuk Is A Renowned Boxer In Upcoming Action Drama “Bad Papa”

0003559743_001_20180829091811485.jpg?typ

MBC’s upcoming drama “Bad Papa” has released its first teaser!

“Bad Papa” is an action drama about a man who becomes bad person in order to become a good father. Jang Hyuk will be playing Yoo Ji Chul, a once renowned boxing champion who retires following a disgraceful defeat.

The clip first begins by panning to a stadium amidst the roaring cheers of the crowd. A man stands in front of the entrance to the stadium, shrouded in darkness. He practices his boxing moves and loosens up his body for an upcoming match.

As the door opens and the man steps forward into the flashing lights and applause of the boxing arena, his broad shoulders and speedy punches are testament to his skills in the ring.

“Bad Papa” consulted with the TFC (Top Fighting Championship), Korea’s association for mixed martial arts, for their stadium and fighting scenes. Jang Hyuk is also preparing hard to showcase the image of an athlete.

The production staff stated, “We rebuilt the set one pillar at a time, aiming at a sense of ‘realness.’ We tried hard to produce a work of high quality that even real MMA fans will be satisfied by with the portrayal of both a ‘father’s life’ and the hand-to-hand fighting scenes.” They continued, “We plan on telling the story of a father fighting the world to protect his family through bold action scenes and deep emotions. Please look forward to it.”

Watch the full teaser below!

“Bad Papa” airs on October 1 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1221755wpp/watch-jang-hyuk-renowned-boxer-upcoming-action-drama-bad-papa

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Yeah 'Bad Papa' will premier on the same week as the finales of SBS's '30 going on 17' and KBS's  'Lovely Horribly', after which it will compete with 'Fox Star Bride' (an airport-theme drama starring Lee Je-hoon) and 'The Best Divorce' (CTH's rom-com-drama with Bae Doona). Over at TVN at the same timeslot we have the 'Husband of 100-days' (a saguek starring DO).

Well competition is inevitable whatever the timeslot, there is never a best time. Just have to meet it head-on and hope for the best!!

Well you know me by now....

I watch only JH dramas and movies hahaha so I’m not bothered about the rest.

And ratings to me is secondary, although I know it may means something to the tv station, crew and artistes.

Archived