[Drama 2019] Vagabond, 배가본드

larus

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They better have season 2 or it will be one of the biggest cliffhangers since V or Kyle XY...

Also, i might have missed it but was there a time skip between Gong joining the black sun and the scene where he was with the group on his first mission? I know he has the martial skills but doubt he can beef up his english and shooting skills that quickly, even with help. 

5 minutes ago, smiletall said:

Also, if HR and DG ever do meet in some future storyline, HR better be pissed off at DG. He literally changed her whole life trajectory and is out trying to avenge his death, when he is alive. Like I want them to kiss and then she better let him have it, because they now have one super complicated, angsty relationship. Also if there is a s2, there better be more focus on them as a couple working stuff out because they are literally the series cliffhanger. 

And if there is actually a s2, i agree with others now that it will likely take a long time to come out, especially if they have not actually shot it continuously. And with how long it took vagabond to first come out, I can only imagine. 

Geez, this drama

Hahah.

CDG transformed into Solid Snake/Raiden. Even the BGM was akin to Metal Gear Solid's when CDG was questioning Jerome.

MGS2Codec.jpg

1.png

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

Now this reminds me of Memories of Alhambrs again. I used this gif for MoA's game. I'm using it again here.

Vagabond plot in one gif

My thought EXACTLY! 

Spoiler

In fact I think MOA is even better. At least the lead guy managed to complete the game & full fill his promise to his gal to bring back her brother. Only thing by doing so he got stuck in the game until someone figure out how to get him out

What kind of ending is this? Its more like the beginning of the story!!! I thought the opening scene in the 1st episode wud be somewhere in the middle but....alas it was all flash back with no ending...its like everything going in the the circle...so we know that edward guy is the bad guy, then what? So what exactly its Vagabond? Cud it be just a NIS spin off that operates from chicken shop with the autism guy as their main hacker & reply 88 mom as the one run around with spy errands? and honestly tru out the whole drama I ship Go Haeri & Ki Taewoong more than with Cha Dalgun...and I wonder while GHR work for Jessica, CDG made his mark as professional assassin , what happen to KTW & the rest of the chicken shop vagabound?

Er read the ending. I stopped at ep 13. I am not even going to read about the episode. I am just going to catch ep 14-16 when S2 is announced. Not going to waste my time. Since I know its all conspiracies and action.

Might as well go and start a new drama. Camilia something or other with Kang Ha Neul. Since I have Nokdu and Catch the ghost ending. Goodness me guys. Good luck to all of you who were emotionally invested in this drama. 

Suzy had good hair. Lee Seung Gi- have never seen him in such a physical role before. SSR- as always he rocks every role he is given.

And that is my take on Vagabond. If I want to follow long convulated multi-series plots? I will go back to my JRR Tolkien, WEB Griffin, David Weber and or Orson Scott Card. Good solid plots. In improbable situations. Like Vagabond. The drama did have improbable plots and situations. With no sense. Geez.

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Good luck to all of you who were emotionally invested in this drama. 

Lol! In some sense, thankfully the characters have no depth. So I'm not emotionally invested in them at all. VB is the only on air drama I watched from Sept to Nov. Hence why I come to the thread so often. Hahah

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Suzy had good hair. Lee Seung Gi- have never seen him in such a physical role before. SSR- as always he rocks every role he is given.

SSR Rocks!! I came on this VB train as soon as I knew SSR is part of the cast. I do feel I would not be here if not for KTW. I'm sad he had so little airtime and so little to do. On the bright side, SSR got more exposure and some viewers start to see him more than just a villain. KTW is cool but nowhere near as engaging as his other drama characters. KTW was not fledged out, imo none of the characters were fledged out. Dalgun remained a loose canon until the end, Haeri hmmm...has great hair and does makeup a lot.

This one is the most tiring drama I've ever watched usually a makjang drama give me this vibe but to my surprise this action thriller turns out the most tiring one ever... everyone is so helpless... I even see the villain had their victory until the end of the episode.... its too bad since the casts are good but the plot is disappointed for me personally.... this is maybe the first one drama that I don't even expected for its season 2 even they left me hanging in the end. 

3 minutes ago, Lj said:

Yes I think so, this is in Morocco when the two are excluded in the car of the team, they took a taxi and the villain bomb their team. 

Huh? No that's a totally difference scene. Can't you see they're all in black with their baggage as they're about to leave/depart?

Same as here.

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

If they really have more footage for a 2nd season, wouldn't they make an announcement already? 

They as in who? The production crew? Netflix? No, not necessarily. All in due time.

The actors sure are though.

#Season2 #continues

It's happening.

Wait for LSG and Suzy to do so. Then it'll blow up and there will be no doubts.

They haven't said anything so far which is suspicious enough.

1 hour ago, incoty said:

They as in who? The production crew? Netflix? No, not necessarily. All in due time.

The actors sure are though.

#Season2 #continues

It's happening.

Wait for LSG and Suzy to do so. Then it'll blow up and there will be no doubts.

They haven't said anything so far which is suspicious enough.

I hope the production crew announce it soon if it's really happening. Better use the current momentum to fuel up anticipation for a second season rather than aggravate viewers with uncertainty. 

Anyway. Second season or no second season thank you to the cast/crew for all their hard work!!! 

Shin Sung Rok posted his thank you post. I don't see hints of a second season in his words though.

Caption google trans (rough translation)

-----

I'll miss you ..... everyone

Thank you very much for your love of Vagabond. I also received a lot of love from Ki Tae-woong. thank you!

p.s Vagabond team thank you for all your hard work.

#vagabond #kitaewoong

------

I feel like s2 was def contingent on the performance of the supposed s1. And since it was not a runaway hit in Korea (though it had  solid ratings in comparison to other dramas airing in the same time slot), it might not have been so certain. 

I feel like SSR will not return. If I was him, I honestly would not bother. They underutilized his skills and screen presence. And the story could honestly go on fine without his character especially with them acting largely beyond the law now. The NIS was pretty useless anyways. In terms of side characters, they would only really need Lily, EP, JL (maybe), and the acting president Hong to return for consistency. But really without Suzy and LSG, it would be entirely pointless. Likely the difficulty is trying to pin down schedules with them. Suzy has so many projects in talk. And especially with LSG, it would also mean he would have to wholly commit to doing high action sequences, which is always a risk. From previous promo interviews, it also sounded like they both were pretty ready to try different roles/projects. Filming and production for this drama was unusually long so it’s understandable. Though it did also sound like LSG might be open to a s2 at one point.

I think there is a chance. But I would be very surprised if they did confirm. I also think it’s a little suspicious that both Suzy and LSG have yet to post anything on instagram after the final ep aired. Typically they would post some goodbye to the character/show and thanks to cast/crew. And while other cast/crew seem to be posting, they have been mum.  But maybe it means nothing. If they do post a goodbye to their character though, I will basically take it as a sign that they are done with their roles. 

23 minutes ago, incoty said:

If they planned it with Season 2 in mind, it'd be absurd to think they have no on hand material yet.

Snippet of article:

The Vaga Bond producer said it is in the process of reviewing Season 2.

-----

From the article it seem that they just planned with season 2 in mind but it doesn't sound like they filmed season 2. They probably have a rough idea of whats going to happen.

Thinking about it, Vagabond took about 11 months to film from June 18 to May 19, that is twice longer than an average drama. For all we know they might have more footage. But it doesn't make sense to cut the drama like this if they have more material either. Vagabond is not a Netflix original, so I don't believe Netflix has anything to do with VB's seasonal format.

I wonder if the 25 billion cost actually covers multiple seasons. 

28 minutes ago, incoty said:

Soz @katakwasabi lol.

I actually thought he declined too after seeing his IG post but didn't want to jump the gun. And I'm fine if he's not in it. KTW was near to non existent in Vagabond. I'm bummed that he had so little airtime and so little to do. Even Jerome and Kim Woo Gi had more things to do than him. I'll just wait for his other projects, it doesn't have to be Vagabond.

Ki Tae Woong thank you~

74445905_2550807681643350_74121791913506

13 hours ago, moniw18 said:

If it was a Western show and I knew S2 was coming then it would’ve been a brilliant cliff hanger but I am 100% sure  they won’t be making a second season.  It will never happen.  All actors are in new projects. 

You of little faith.

lol.

You guys shouldn't take all official statements at face value. This has been in process since last year.

Archived