[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

2 minutes ago, gster3 said:

Hahaha. I looked up Seo Ri meaning and this is what I found.  https://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070324171927AAFeAje&guccounter=1

Was it auto translate just always changed Seo Ri to "the frost" and everyone was calling calling her by her proper name? It confused me because everyone else's name came up as their proper name in translation like Woojin. 

Auto translate or Google translate are never accurate! :P

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/19/2018 at 1:36 PM, stuartjmz said:

My French is very rusty,  but when I read this (which doesn't LITERALLY mean "I need you" but rather "I want you", I thought of a very old song:joy:

She should say ' J'ai envie de Toi "

' Je te veux' is not ....litteral;  someone who can't speak french well

I'm french so ....

22 hours ago, gster3 said:

Thanks for the definition.  I think the bus crescendo might have been about WJ as well.  There have been hints that they have met before and she likes him back then as well.  Maybe that's why 30but17 SR likes WJ so much despite him being rude to her at first, that initial attraction was still there.  

ya im on the same wavelength too. Its drama rule on attraction and pull. but i really enjoy last week when it extends more to understanding and finding comfort in each other's presence.

@meechuttso thankyou for d new shots. we are all too ready for the next episode. i've caught up on my other filler drama since there's no raw 30but17 to watch on sbs.

add on with this article i come across, same pic but i dont mind looking at it again

http://news.hankyung.com/article/201808207617H

01.17558372.1.jpg

SBS drama 'Thirty but seventeen' Still Cut / Photo = SBS Wall Street drama 'Thirty  but Seventeen'

When sewing on a button becomes like PG13 scene thanks to that gaze (ahemm YSJ is good at these so be prepared peeps)

The article said there will be a change in their relationship and romance will thicken ..i didnt thk we did get much progress this week.. cautiously expecting..

@YourHighness . unfortunately lastnyt's show was pre-empted; not postponed. and scheduled tonight only 65mins of the show. so we only have half dose of 30but17 this week.. 

25 minutes ago, sleeplater said:

When sewing on a button becomes like PG13 scene thanks to that gaze (ahemm YSJ is good at these so be prepared peeps)

so i wasn't ready to jump on soompi thread cause i am so busy on other places gushing, raving and giggling about 30 but 17... 

but i couldn't resist support you on your above quoted statement cause thats all i am feeling in this scene... nd thats exactly my first observation about it. and YSJ has such heartmelting gaze no one can be saved from...

so glad you too found it that way.

and with this i'd say hi to everyone here and hope to have some nice time around you all...

3 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Good Morning... at least it´s morning on my place. Still a few hours to wait... I really wish to see our wonderful OTP but with just one Episode this week I fear they will left me with a heartbroken Chan.

It's afternoon here already at my side of the world (not much different with SK). Everyone is missing them too much and the still pictures do not help at all ha ha..

Be seeing everyone in a few more hours.

its cute to see them listed on the Cast list profile page

덕구
덕구 
▶ 덕구 (구, 팽/犬/16세) 
갑작스레 부모님을 잃고 슬퍼하던 14살 서리를 위로하려 외삼촌 김현규가 선물한 강아지. 누구보다 서리에게 큰 위안이 된 존재로, 강아지 왈츠를 작곡한 쇼팽에 대한 존경을 담아 ‘팽’이란 이름을 붙였다.
현재는 16살의 노견. 무슨 이유에서인지, ‘덕구’라는 새로운 이름으로 몇 년 전부터 우진이 키우고 있다. 반반 인생을 사는 우진이 유랑생활을 할 때도 꼭 함께 다닐 만큼 끔찍이 아끼는 존재.

찬이삐약주니어
찬이삐약주니어 
▶ 찬이삐약주니어 (병아리) 
찬의 사랑을 듬뿍 받는 찬이의 반려병아리

@KdramaSwimmer ur soompi id is so familiar- i think i come across alot of ur posts in Moon lovers page-?

Omg that hug :wub:

So i assume he disappeared, she found him, and hugged him crying B)

Seriously cannot wait for the new episode. A few more hours to go... 

Ok at least we have one episode this week. Dear Judge is cancelled this whole week, a consolation to ourselves at least hahaha.

1 minute ago, sleeplater said:

ur soompi id is so familiar- i think i come across alot of ur posts in Moon lovers page-?

oh woww.... nice to meet you chingu

yes i was wayyy too active on Moon Lovers thread.... and thanks for remembering me...

1 minute ago, Ni Wen said:

oh that's a good observation.. i dint think it at first but now possible.

and may be he knew that SR was in coma due to him (misunderstanding and guilt) so he left.. and she found him, hugged him to make him understand "everything is ok now "

5 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Omg that hug :wub:

Seriously cannot wait for the new episode. A few more hours to go... 

Ok at least we have one episode this week. Dear Judge is cancelled this whole week, a consolation to ourselves at least hahaha.

It seems it scared her n triggered her crying?

Yes at least we do have tonyt. are u watching it live later? i forgot who watch live last week and shared updates here. I did read up on dramamilk to get the gist of the episode as soon as im done with streaming sbs. and Asian games doesnt end til Sep 2, so schedule for next week is still up in limbo.

4 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

yes i was wayyy too active on Moon Lovers thread.... and thanks for remembering me...

haha werent we all. I thk i even downloaded alot of ur gifs then too. back then the thread moves like 10 pages aday.

Spoiler

my ex id was sharreb before i lost my password n start anew with this acc.

5 minutes ago, sleeplater said:

13 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

haha werent we all. I thk i even downloaded alot of ur gifs then too. back then the thread moves like 10 pages aday.

Hide contents

my ex id was sharreb before i lost my password n start anew with this acc

Spoiler

oh sharreb now i recall you fairly... 

yeah moonlovers thread was sooo active all credit to us crazies...

'Thirty but seventeen' and 'burning youth' are delayed. 

According to SBS,  Thirty but episodes 17 and 18 and 'Burning Youth' will be delayed by 30 minutes each due to the broadcast of Asian Games in Jakarta-Palembang in 2018, according to SBS. 

The 17th and 18th episodes will be broadcasted at 10:30 pm and the 'Burning Youth' will be broadcasted at 11:40 pm. 

Tonight we'll also find out more about lady in yellow heels

SBS funE ㅣ Actor Lee Young Eun appears in the drama 'It is thirty but is seventeen'. 

On 8/16/2018 at 7:04 AM, sleeplater said:

CRESCENDO

crescendo is a way for composers to indicate that a passage of music should gradually increase in loudness over time (opposite of a decrease in volume, which is described as a decrescendo). It is also used in non-musical contexts to describe any situation in which volume is increasing. (https://study.com/academy/lesson/crescendo-in-music-definition-notation-quiz.html)

The symbol is often refered to as a hairpin or a wedge. Italian. (cresc.) 

What i'm interested was the flashback scene of 17 yr old SR drawing the crescendo symbol in the bus. What did she see that sparked her to draw? just as we see the present her feeling her heart beating louder and faster as she looked at WJ. 

I'm entertaining the idea that 17 yr old SR noticed WJ back then. Else i'm reading too much into it LOL

tumblr_pdsvsx4Ttp1valxs7o1_640.gif

I thought someone else might show this little tidbit from Seo-Ri that signals to us what's up ahead. The intermission is OVER. She's slept enough for a lifetime already. Building up to a mezzo-forte today?

kyjpmrlc.jpg&key=a7f2e3275778d86f5e5fca1@Mau_Cherry  thanks for this pretties of 'Moon Bunny' pics.

I had mentioned this before early on, but a bunny pounding on ingredients to make rice cakes sounds so good to me now. I'm hungry. I like the writer's use of the moon and bunny and Seo-Ri's identifying hand gesture she does while looking at the moon. But I hope Woo-Jin finds out very soon, like this next episode, just who Seo-Ri is, and not keep dragging it out.

The moon rabbit in folklore is a rabbit that lives on the Moon, based on pareidolia that identifies the markings of the Moon as a rabbit. The folklore originated in China, and then spread to other Asian cultures.[1] In East Asia, it is seen pounding with a mortar and pestle, but the contents of the mortar differ among Chinese, Japanese, and Korean folklore. In Chinese folklore, it is often portrayed as a companion of the Moon goddess Chang'e, constantly pounding the elixir of life for her; but in Japanese and Korean versions, it is pounding the ingredients for rice cake. In some Chinese versions the rabbit pounds medicine for the mortals.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_rabbit

:kiss_wink:

8 hours ago, meechuttso said:

We're all living dangerously here, no? :scream::skull:

Right, but we all like this kind of dangerous kkk

@Ni Wen Agreed, she must be so happy to see him once again after he disappeared. But I feel that we won't see some of those scenes/pictures posted since yesterday in tonight's episode...?

Archived