[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/16/2018 at 3:04 PM, sleeplater said:

crescendo is a way for composers to indicate that a passage of music should gradually increase in loudness over time (opposite of a decrease in volume, which is described as a decrescendo). It is also used in non-musical contexts to describe any situation in which volume is increasing. (https://study.com/academy/lesson/crescendo-in-music-definition-notation-quiz.html)

The symbol is often refered to as a hairpin or a wedge. Italian. (cresc.) 

What i'm interested was the flashback scene of 17 yr old SR drawing the crescendo symbol in the bus. What did she see that sparked her to draw? just as we see the present her feeling her heart beating louder and faster as she looked at WJ

Wow thanks for this... l learnt something. Now I know why she's drawing a crescendo when she sees WJ! :)

On 8/17/2018 at 6:31 PM, mademoisellesia said:

Ep17-18 Text Preview - I Need You

Reveal hidden contents

[17&18회차 통합본] 현정의 갑작스런 등장에 우진의 집엔 한바탕 소동이 일고.
우진은 모두가 잠든 그날 밤, 아무런 말도 없이 사라져버린다.
우진의 행방을 알 수 없는 서리와 식구들은 애가 타는데..

Woo Jin's sister's sudden appearance cause a stir in the house.

One night whilst everyone's asleep, Woo Jin quietly disappears.

Not knowing where he is, Seo Ri & his family are worried...

:blink: Mr Gong?? What the...?! confused-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948995

Maybe he went to that beach. There was a scene in ep1 Mr G on the beach.

12 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

Comments like this one are sad for me to read. I perfectly understand why the commenter feels this way, it is a natural reaction.  That's why I am so angry at the way this Drama has betrayed WJW, breaking their "no villain" promise and reducing her from second lead to "blink and you'll miss her" She, and her fans, really thought this Drama was going to be different. Now, she's stuck in a role that will only reinforce feelings like this:

@stuartjmz, I don’t see her character as a villain at all. It’s understandable that she has that kind of reaction to SR because of the way her mother seemed to make SR into her rival when they were younger by demanding that she do better than SR but in a negative way that seemed to place a lot of pressure on TR. To me the way the successful TR is acting now just highlights how much that pressure from her mom affected her confidence and how that pressure became connected to SR. These two characters remind me of the main female acting rivals in Japanese manga Glass Mask. I don’t see TR as a villain and I’m hoping that the script writers do not go there.

3 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

That seems unlikely, as we've already seen her mother, in the scene where she gave SR her violin. Unless the Drama decides to tell us SR was actually adopted, something it has not even hinted at yet. 

:hushed: Thank you for the flashback stuartjmz, I must've missed that part. 

i think ep17 and 18 will air on tuesday due to the asian games screening on sbs. as you can see from the preview for ep 17 and 18, it stated there that it will air on tuesday at 10.30pm. i guess we just have to settle for two episodes this week *sad face*

It's so unfathomable that dramas in Korea always have to make way for sports coverage. Don't they have a sports channel? My country is providing live coverage of the Asian Games too but no drama or programmes are cancelled because there's a channel for live sports events.

Sadddd... after waiting for a week we only have one episode :huh:. The preview looks promising though I'm looking forward!:D

Edit: is this drama the only one to be cancelled on Mon? Why only SBS?

2 hours ago, BlueNotes said:

Ohhhhhh !!! Nice !! did she just said that she wanted him ? But that she does not understand why ?!! :wub::wub::wub:yaaaaaasss !

It seems to be that way.  :wub:   Guess that is when Chan sees both of them... hmmm... 

One more day to wait.

Rough translation:

Seo Ri: I'll leave

Woo Jin: Stay here. I'll handle it. Where do you think you can go?

Teacher: Yes, student Seo Ri (Seo Ri hagsaeng)

Rin Kim: In front of all the pros on stage

Rin Kim: ... letting that kind of person...

Seo Ri: Anyway, I can practice violin any time...isn't it daebak

Woo Jin: That ahju--- is that ahju(ssi), right? Give it to me. It's mine.

Seo Ri: It's really nothing...

Seo Ri: Je te veux. I want you* (*other fansite translate it as I need you)

Seo Ri: Why are you looking at me like this?

Woo Jin: I, too, don't know why.

Why is SR speaking French when she was learning German?:lol: Anyway, Chan is going to realize that his uncle and SR like each other. :( Poor guy. At least he has his friends and the girl who likes him.

In the preview it seems SR managed to meet that old teacher who was going to give her the place of second violin and he will help her hone her skills again. I hope TR won't try and sabotage that. Although chances of that is slim to none.

Sooooo, I went looking for Eric Satie's Je te veux on YouTube. The music is not bad but LOL, oh dear, Seo Ri-ah, isn't she a bit too young then to know of this? Wikipedia described: "Je te veux (I Want You) is a song composed by Erik Satie to a text by Henry Pacory. A sentimental waltz with erotic lyrics (:blink:), it was written for Paulette Darty, whose accompanist Satie had been for a period of time. The text consists of two verses and a repeated chorus."

French → English lyrics → http://www.melodietreasury.com/translations/song259_Je te veux.html

No wonder Mr. Gong ran away... :w00t: hahahahahahahaha! Just kidding  :tounge_xd:

To be honest, I think our modern Pop songs have more "erotic" lyrics than this... B)

Spoiler

Archived