[Drama 2018] The Undateables / Handsome Guy and Jung Eum 훈남정음

Admin

5 hours ago, evie7 said:

I want to see what happens to the Chaebol Heiress and the Farmer Poet, I think they will be hilarious. It looks like YR is thinking about the coach, he's just going crazy w/his new found lady killer self.  I hope they do get together.

Me too! The chaebol heiress is so cool and charismatic. She really seems like she knows how to have fun and she's obviously quirky. I wish she could be my friend :D I think the Farmer Poet and Chaebol Heiress will end up having a passionate affair :wub:

Btw does anyone know more about the actress playing the chaebol heiress? Her name is Jung Young-joo. She's only been in dramas/movies since 2016. She seems like a veteran, though...? Somewhere I read that she is a musical actress - has she been on the stage instead of dramas before? Just curious.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

K-DRAMA REACTION: THE UNDATEABLES | EPISODES 5-6

img_3675.jpg?w=804

Undateable Case #1

The chocolatier with face blindness is the first undateable Yoo Jung-eum (Hwang Jung-eum) and Kang Hoon-nam (Namgoong Min) will try to help.

I’m like Jung-eum who thought the chocolatier’s face blindness was the real problem. It wasn’t until Hoon-nam pointed out how skittish she is that I understand her confidence was what should be addressed. Hoon-nam was really a keen observer. Something that most of us don’t do. We dismissed little details and just look at the picture as it is. Now I understand how Hoon-nam can be catch a person’s attention in one go.

Nostalgic Toys

Jung-eum and Choi Joon-soo (Choi Tae-joon) knew each other really well. They weren’t just best friends. They are “constants” in each other’s lives. Jung-eum’s childhood is filled with time spent with Joon-soo. So it wasn’t surprising at all that Jung-eum treats him like a younger brother. On the other hand, Joon-soo cares about Jung-eum a lot but I think he still doesn’t see her as a woman. Their friendship was really beautiful to watch. It’ll really be heartbreaking to see it fall apart if romantic feelings get involved.

Speaking of childhood, we got glimpses of Hoon-nam’s and the reason why he took Jung-eum’s tin man bait. He always has a stoic facade but it was obvious Hoon-nam harbours some emotional baggage. It makes him more akin to our female lead, whose subconscious still can’t forget memories she wants to bury.

Love Hwang Jun eum & Namgoong Min so far...they r lovely together :heart:

L've seen Hwang Jung Eum in some dramas, but it's my first time seeing Namgoong Min....seems like a great actor :)

And home come this thread so quiet when we have Hwang Jung Eum in it? :(

I wonder if someone do recaps for this cute drama,just for international fans like me.... :D

It's great to watch :wub::)

The kiss was out of the blue.Loved it.Talk about predicting one's dating history by a kiss.lol.She seems to be really enamored by his love analysing skills.Well, the kiss ignited the spark, now all we have to see is how they are going to thrive and emerge as a lovable couple.It's so cliche but I really love to see how the undateables get their match.

I liked Hwang Jung eum in secret and she was pretty(so quirky and energetic).She is the all time rom-com queen.Go slay girl!!

I wonder why this thread so quiet?

I'm only watching 3 dramas presently and this is one of them, mostly becos' I love watching Hwang Jung Eun. 

Am I the only one who feels Nam Goong Min has a particular habit of acting that is quite bad, at least to me?  He does this in the "girl who see smells' and the  hotel drama too... He likes to slowly drift  his line of sight and then land /end it SLOWLY on whoever he is talking too. It's just so unnatural.  This is just one example of his bad acting style, the rest I can't verbalise it.  Would like to see him in a non-rich guy, non-handsome guy role, best if he's blue-collared and ruffian-like, to see how far his acting chops are... But I don't he will ever be casted as such... Anyone has any tips which show he acted really well and I give it a go to change my impression of him?   

If there is a love triangle, the Doc had better action real soon. But it's so predictable at this juncture.  How far can the writer spin this to spice it up? Not much I think...it will be a slow steady stream to final ep. 

Wow...Huang Jung Eun looks fantastic ...so slim and after having her first child. 

in this drama i have second lead syndrome .....head-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279377.......i want the main leads to be madly in love All the good stuff was towards the end. Wish they had started with the gallery event LOL the way he adores her ohh my heartlove-you-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927

d4a58d243f98ec4b069f22229e04c9536c4f0a8d

that blank contract am sure it will come in handy heheheheteehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793

@SeGafanlady  LOL so true its so quite here

I watched this drama because there i had to wait a week long for the other 2 dramas i am watching and i got hooked. One glance  I thought the lead was Park Hae Jin :lol:  HJE is cute but i am not a fan of her high pitch voice.  Also i like the 2nd lead, i think HJE has better chemistry with the doctor.  

I curious what incident made her so afraid to get into the water when in fact she was a competitive diver.  

On 5/23/2018 at 5:36 PM, evie7 said:

I just checked Viki, other places but no subs yetdragoncryingplz.gif?1   I dying to watch this too

@V Did the recap. https://www.dramamilk.com/the-undateables-recap-episodes-1-and-2/

Oh no, are subs taking forever on Undateables? This show is getting better now that the lead female character has toned down her acting a bit. I think it was the same in She Was Pretty where is took several episodes for everyone to settle into more normal roles

20 hours ago, V said:

Oh no, are subs taking forever on Undateables? This show is getting better now that the lead female character has toned down her acting a bit. I think it was the same in She Was Pretty where is took several episodes for everyone to settle into more normal roles

They are quicker now, it was probably me being impatient. I want my Namgoong Min when I want my Namgoong Min hehe-onion-head-emoticon.gif HJE's characters have been a little screechy in the first few episodes since Kill Me Heal Me but it always gets toned down after the first few. I like her so I can live w/it 

@dramaninjaIt looks like he is going to be acting all lovesick. I can't wait, I've been watching all of his dramas since INR3. This is going to be a treat watching him in a good old fashion romcom.

@RobinMI wish more people were watching this one too. I'm enjoying it.

2 hours ago, zba72 said:

I am truly enjoying this drama.  I just can’t with Namgoong min’s character, from a very cool, serious man to like a spoilt child, stomping his feet :lol:

I loved it, she is breaking down that cool serious wall of his. I can't wait for tomorrows episodes. 

@RobinMYou are so right about this being a good old fashion romcom, they even played the Destiny song:D.    

Archived