[Drama 2018] The Undateables / Handsome Guy and Jung Eum 훈남정음

Admin

@mimi74,hahaha, well lets pray to the kdrama gods that she'll be given decent stylists who know how to dress her, although they say that her wardrobe in Lucky Romance are "horrible" there are actually many that I find cute and stylish, so there's no worry she can't carry it.Even if she dressed in rags, I'm still gonna see this coz I miss her dramas a lot.Its been two years since LR and I think that came out also in May 2016 ,so two years of drama drought for me. I have watch other dramas like Go Back Couple ,While You Were Sleeping etc.I don't have this urge to join threads, although I have been commenting once in awhile in other sites .Right now Im enjoying My Ajussi, and I hope HonamJungeum will have a deeper plot and not just an ordinary RomCom.:wub::)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@twittybird  I remember when I found out she was pregnant I was so happy and sad cos that meant I wouldn't be seeing her for a long time. I'm really surprised she got back to work and her baby is not 1 year old yet. At least this time I'm happy and so happy!

A deeper plot...umm! I'm not sure if that's possible but we will see lol. To tell you the truth I didn't care much for the drama LR (the story was lacking too much, I just watched it for her and it will be the same here but with a bonus being NGM :wub:).

Also same here, I'm only watching A Poem A Day and Evergreen and I created soompi account only for this drama (didn't wanna miss a things). Dramas these days are all repetitive, especially the crime genre (it used to be my favourite not any more, btw try a poem a day it's entertaining enough and it's a light rom com).

On 4/17/2018 at 11:58 PM, mimi74 said:

@twittybird  I remember when I found out she was pregnant I was so happy and sad cos that meant I wouldn't be seeing her for a long time. I'm really surprised she got back to work and her baby is not 1 year old yet. At least this time I'm happy and so happy!

A deeper plot...umm! I'm not sure if that's possible but we will see lol. To tell you the truth I didn't care much for the drama LR (the story was lacking too much, I just watched it for her and it will be the same here but with a bonus being NGM :wub:).

Also same here, I'm only watching A Poem A Day and Evergreen and I created soompi account only for this drama (didn't wanna miss a things). Dramas these days are all repetitive, especially the crime genre (it used to be my favourite not any more, btw try a poem a day it's entertaining enough and it's a light rom com).

Well,what I mean with deeper plot is,I hope it is more compelling and the characters are relate-able this time,not that I am wishing for the stars and moon,and i know that RomComs are rarely  good and sensible script-wise,but I know that HJE has the ability to find jewel in the mud(cross fingers) and I trust her choices.:wub:

Thanks for the recommendation,gonna look for it and see whether it passes my taste hahaha. Yes quite tired of all those lawyers,judges,doctors thing.Are there no other professions in SK? There are scientists,teachers,engineers ,laborers, construction workers . Actually I would want to see a drama series of people living in extreme poverty in Korea(that will be totally dramatic), the plight of the elderly,the handicapped,single mothers /fathers, youths with broken dreams, battered wives and children etc.There are actually a lot to tell,but the writers are just focusing their attention on these tasteless,repetitive dramas with only few variations.:mellow:

I will also be watching this with blind eyes for her,with high  hopes that this will be another great project to her name.I guess when you love something,no ifs or buts,you just love it because ....you love it.:tongue::wink::D

9 hours ago, mimi74 said:

It looks like they are filming the trailer :D  When will they release the script reading photos though! 

@twittybird What do you think of her style? :smirk:

I saw this on Instagram yesterday chingu, including the videos, and it was so funny they are actually enemies here,lol,I thought this will be a part of their first episode , like a flashback or something.I don't know, whatever it is, bring it onB)

About the fashion, it is on point, I like it, HJE looks like a college student,(did she fired her LR coordi:D:blink:) LOL,but what is that small pouch on her belt? I saw a lot of that in many brands, is that the latest trend? I usually see this in markets worn by ajummas and ajussis to keep their money intact:tongue:. Well its fashionable, nonetheless, I love it...cute:wub::tongue::D

@mimi74 is it funny also that Hoonam is wearing an almost transparent pants there? I can see the pockets  from afarB):wacko::blink:, and I actually looking closely to the pics  if i would be blessed to see a branded underwear.:blink::huh:Bring in the "glory" Oppa NGM:D:tongue::wub:

Oh, there are already a lot of updates articles including videos on youtube and fanarts on instagram(created by fans) on this drama,  I hope there are kind hearts out there who can post the links here.I am not a tech savvy person and its hard for me to do it:bawling:.Sad life:(.Thanks in advance:wub::)

@twittybird Loool u r so funny!!! Ikr its ajummas bum bag style, I even asked my mother once if she wants bum bag (she likes small bags) lol. I haven't noticed the small pouch until u mentioned it, I thought it was just a big belt. 

I really don't fancy her style, but she still looks cute so its a pass for now and I saw the fan art I really liked. I bet you saw the photos below too lol. It wound have been better if the suit actually fit. I know its a baggy style but she looks like homeless person or close to it!

Funny style :lol:

DbeOXWPV0AAPsqc?format=jpg30591521_2261926100701456_7557654513964810240_n.jpg 

Much better style below :thumbsup:

The blazer is still baggy though!

e03c5e51-285d-49f8-8c8f-24d4ca28db33_529f1097-1430-4fa4-9243-36bc3026f8de_thumb.jpg?_v=082059     

“The Undatables” Starring Namgoong Min And Hwang Jung Eum Shares Photos From First Script Reading

namgoong-min-hwang-jung-eum.jpg

Soon we’ll be able to see Namgoong Min and Hwang Jung Eum’s epic onscreen reunion!

The two actors are starring in the upcoming SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama “The Undatables.” On April 24, the drama released some photos from its first script reading with the cast, including the two leads and Oh Yoon Ah, Jo Dal Hwan, Jung Moon Sung, Shim Hye Jin, Nam Kyung Eup, Lee Moon Shik, Jung Young Joo, Myung Ji Yun, Baek Ji Won, Seo Dong Won, Seo Eun Woo, and Jin Ye Sol.

the-undatables-540x862.jpg

Screenwriter Lee Jae Yoon said, “I’m grateful to be able to work together with such a great cast and crew. I will take this joyful mindset and put it into the script as best as I can.” Director Kim Yoo Jin said, “This drama is meaningful to me as my first miniseries project. It’s an honor to be able to work with such great actors, and I will do my best to make a beautiful and refreshing drama perfect for springtime.”

Hwang Jung Eum plays the character Yoo Jung Eum, who wants to fall in love but has given up on romance because of the harsh reality of dating life. She is the type to go all-in with her feelings. Namgoong Min plays Kang Hoon Nam, who rejects love and has no faith in it despite being the perfect man in terms of looks and character. The two leads showed great chemistry through their previous experience working together seven years ago on “Can You Hear My Heart?

After the reading, Namgoong Min said, “Working hard is a given, but I will do my best to get good results on top of that.” Hwang Jung Eum added, “This was a fun and happy experience, like the excitement of going on a picnic. I will work hard during filming to make sure the viewers can feel this atmosphere as well.”

“The Undatables” will be coming to Viki when it premieres in May after the end of “Switch.”

hwang-jung-eum-namgoong-min-540x755.jpg

23 minutes ago, jeijei said:

“The Undatables” Starring Namgoong Min And Hwang Jung Eum Shares Photos From First Script Reading

@jeijei, I was just looking at this article. I wonder if "The Undatable"  is the new "official name" for the drama.

Thank you all for updates, of cast and stills, and articles...

Still hoping that Choi Tae-joon will join this drama.....

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] The Undatables / Handsome Guy and Jung Eum 훈남정음 - Namgoong Min & Hwang Jung Eum
17 hours ago, irilight said:

@jeijei, I was just looking at this article. I wonder if "The Undatable"  is the new "official name" for the drama.

Thank you all for updates, of cast and stills, and articles...

Still hoping that Choi Tae-joon will join this drama.....

I am also wondering why the change? I think it is better to stick with Handsome Guy and  Jung-eum. We are already used to it and it was already media played as the drama's title. :(:mellow:

14 hours ago, jeijei said:

They just look so good together. I didn't watch them in the other drama but am so excited to see them in this one.  Omo I have missed Namgoong Min and. It feels like forever since I've watched Hwang Jung Eum in anything.

@irilight  I hope Choi Tae Joon joins this drama too.

7 hours ago, mimi74 said:

it's already confirmed Choi Tae Joon accept the offer to be in the drama . I've uploaded a photo of him and Jung Eum (it's above). 

Thanks for pointing him out! I was too busy looking at HJE's baggy suit. I didn't even notice him:tongue: I've never been  too crazy about her fashion in the dramas I have watched of hers. I think they have her dressed  down a lot as the 'everyday ordinary woman' in  her last 4 dramas. 

9 hours ago, evie7 said:

They just look so good together. I didn't watch them in the other drama but am so excited to see them in this one.  Omo I have missed Namgoong Min and. It feels like forever since I've watched Hwang Jung Eum in anything.

@irilight  I hope Choi Tae Joon joins this drama too.

@evie7 hi  cartoon_tiger_waving_0521-1001-2914-1348

Lets hope that our combined wishing will bring him to this drama. Actually, according to AsianWiki - he is confirmed! Yey!  :):wub:

http://asianwiki.com/Handsome_Guy_and_Jung-Eum

On another note, I do recommend "Can You Hear My Heart." (even though they were not paired in it.) For me, it was the first drama in which I loved Namgoong Min; I also loved the Bromance with him and Kim Jae-Won. The Young cast was terrific, esp. Kim Sae-Ron and Seo Young-Joo. And lastly, that was the first drama I saw with Lee Hye-Young. (We have seen her recently in "Mother" with Lee Bo-Young; and she is also cast in upcoming drama "Lawless Lawyer" with Lee Joon-Gi.)  She already gave me the chills in CYHMH with how she treated poor Namgoong Min's character.

8 hours ago, mimi74 said:

@irilight and @evie7 it's already confirmed Choi Tae Joon accept the offer to be in the drama . I've uploaded a photo of him and Jung Eum (it's above). 

@mimi74, ah... I was answering @evie7, and now I got to your response.  Thank you!  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Namgoong Min, Hwang Jung-eum and More Attend Script Reading for "Handsome Guy and Jung-eum"

Spoiler

photo968994.jpg

Upcoming romantic comedy drama "Handsome Guy and Jung-eum" has released its first script reading stills, giving us a nice peek at the extended cast, as well as our beloved leading darlings themselves, Namgoong Min and Hwang Jung-eum.

The meeting took place on the 24th, and attending were writer Lee Jae-yoon-IV, PD Kim Yoo-jin-II and the cast, including Namgoong Min, Hwang Jung-eum, Oh Yoon-ah, Jo Dal-hwan, Jung Moon-sung, Shim Hye-jin, Nam Kyung-eup, Lee Moon-shik, Jung Young-ju, Seo Dong-won, Baek Ji-won, Myung Ji-yun, Seo Eun-woo, Jin Ye-sol and more.

The atmosphere was reportedly cheerful and friendly, while the actors did a great job, giving the writer and PD confidence in what the production can deliver to audiences. Namgoong Min stated that he will do his best to produce good results through hard work, while Hwang Jung-eum described the script reading as happy and cheerful, like going to a picnic; an emotion she wants to convey to viewers through her own hard work.

Please read full article HERE

Archived