[Drama 2018] The Undateables / Handsome Guy and Jung Eum 훈남정음

Admin

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, twittybird said:

I am actually enjoying the interactions of our leads, but what is this "bet" thing? I hope nobody will get hurt in this uncalled for trope.:mellow::(

I think he is going to lose the bet.. seriously, what was he thinking?? 

12 hours ago, zba72 said:

I think he is going to lose the bet.. seriously, what was he thinking?? 

Of course he is going to lose the bet! :D He is already falling for her, no?

I liked episodes 8-12. Rich heiress enjoying the ox wagon ride with farmer poet. And the farmer poet (or is it poet farmer?) just crushed her heart.  Rich heiress with dolls is a funny character - very over the top, an awesome drama queen :D I am so waiting for the rich heiress to do everything in her power to get the man she can't have (right now - because we all know they are going to end up together anyway haha :D )

I am becoming a little bit annoyed with the main lead's cousin. What is this "player" doing toying with our dive coach's heart? :angry: And the dive coach is being waaaayy to desperate with the cousin. She is being way too nice with him, and he does not appreciate her. She needs to start playing it cool, and give him a dose of his own medicine. Wouldn't be surprised if that's what actually will happen down the line. She just needs to find some self-respect and internalize that she's a foxy noona who can have any man that she wants! 

I have a sneaking suspicion she will break the cousin's heart as soon as she realizes that she is hot... :wink: 

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Of course he is going to lose the bet! :D He is already falling for her, no?

I liked episodes 8-12. Rich heiress enjoying the ox wagon ride with farmer poet. And the farmer poet (or is it poet farmer?) just crushed her heart.  Rich heiress with dolls is a funny character - very over the top, an awesome drama queen :D I am so waiting for the rich heiress to do everything in her power to get the man she can't have (right now - because we all know they are going to end up together anyway haha :D )

I am becoming a little bit annoyed with the main lead's cousin. What is this "player" doing toying with our dive coach's heart? :angry: And the dive coach is being waaaayy to desperate with the cousin. She is being way too nice with him, and he does not appreciate her. She needs to start playing it cool, and give him a dose of his medicine. Wouldn't be surprised if that's what actually will happen down the line. She just needs to find some self-respect and internalize that she's a foxy noona who can have any men that she wants! 

I have a sneaking suspicion she will break the cousin's heart as soon as she realizes that she is hot... :wink: 

Ohhh yes...that rich heiress is like a doll herself. :D how can she be so cute? he he...  they are going to be together for sure & she will adjust herself for the farmer poet. :wub:

And that cousin character is way too rude.... I am very annoyed with him....just skipping his scenes this far.I hope someone teach him a lesson to remember :angry:

And speaking of main leads, how can Namgoong min be so sweet, cute & childish at the same time? did you see his baby face when he rides cycle with Jung Eum at the back seat? so cuuuuuuuuuuuute :wub:

Hope there will be more romance for them ahead. :D

3 hours ago, gm4queen said:

And speaking of main leads, how can Namgoong min be so sweet, cute & childish at the same time? did you see his baby face when he rides cycle with Jung Eum at the back seat? so cuuuuuuuuuuuute :wub:

Nam Goong Min looked very cute in the bike scene. He is a very talented actor - he is great at playing quirky characters. Off topic, but loved him in Chief Kim. Bty the way, the hairstyle he had in that drama suited him perfectly. :wub:

I'm very intrigued to learn more about Kang Hoon Nam's childhood, what happened to his mom, the relationship with his father and step mother. I was relieved to see that his step mom had been good to him, and done her best to accept him (even though it wasn't easy for her).

Also, the step mom's bucket list is awesome! She has so clearly reached the breaking point, and wants to live her own life and do the things that make her happy. Go for it, I say! :)

20 hours ago, twittybird said:

I am actually enjoying the interactions of our leads, but what is this "bet" thing? I hope nobody will get hurt in this uncalled for trope.:mellow::(

I do not like the idea of the bet, it is likely to make the drama fade, it's too cliché, I hope her  will know as soon as possible in the episodes of this new week, otherwise it lasts, the more we will be entitled to a lot of crying, I do not want this bet to last for several weeks, and if not after the writers will arrange to be the best friend who is first aware, like always the second male lead to try to arrange things before suffering himself

Otherwise I love the drama from the beginning, lots of laughs, the situations are too funny, the actors are at the top, I really hope to continue to laugh again until the end of this drama, it's tasty

7 hours ago, partyon said:

Nam Goong Min looked very cute in the bike scene. He is a very talented actor - he is great at playing quirky characters. Off topic, but loved him in Chief Kim. Bty the way, the hairstyle he had in that drama suited him perfectly. :wub:

I'm very intrigued to learn more about Kang Hoon Nam's childhood, what happened to his mom, the relationship with his father and step mother. I was relieved to see that his step mom had been good to him, and done her best to accept him (even though it wasn't easy for her).

Also, the step mom's bucket list is awesome! She has so clearly reached the breaking point, and wants to live her own life and do the things that make her happy. Go for it, I say! :)

You made me remember something important...I totally forgot about his step mom.:( she is very good even towards the children and for Kang Hoon Nam's dad.

And when she jumped off for diving, I just had a thought that she somehow knows Jung Eum. :D since the both are similar at diving. I don't know if I am oerthinking. But there has to be some connection between Kang Hoon Nam's mom and Jung Eum. They haven't met each other yet. yeah...let's see what happens...so many mysterious to unwrap <_<

23 hours ago, gm4queen said:

You made me remember something important...I totally forgot about his step mom.:( she is very good even towards the children and for Kang Hoon Nam's dad.

And when she jumped off for diving, I just had a thought that she somehow knows Jung Eum. :D since the both are similar at diving. I don't know if I am oerthinking. But there has to be some connection between Kang Hoon Nam's mom and Jung Eum. They haven't met each other yet. yeah...let's see what happens...so many mysterious to unwrap <_<

I think Jung Eum's father is the one with the connection to Hoo Nam's dad, that every time he sees news of the Assemblyman he gets furious and throws a pit.Our leads' families may have been neighbors before the dam was constructed and buried the whole town.:rolleyes:

I saw the preview of Ep 13-14 and  Hoo nam is up to his "betting" game,seducing and capturing JE's heart but the BFF is also on to his game, I hope the BFF wins so that HN will have a taste of his bitter medicine.I want CTJ to protect JE from an impeding heartache. <_<:angry:

8 hours ago, twittybird said:

I think Jung Eum's father is the one with the connection to Hoo Nam's dad, that every time he sees news of the Assemblyman he gets furious and throws a pit.Our leads' families may have been neighbors before the dam was constructed and buried the whole town.:rolleyes:

I saw the preview of Ep 13-14 and  Hoo nam is up to his "betting" game,seducing and capturing JE's heart but the BFF is also on to his game, I hope the BFF wins so that HN will have a taste of his bitter medicine.I want CTJ to protect JE from an impeding heartache. <_<:angry:

Where did you find the previews of ep 13-14? Been looking for them all over youtube

23 hours ago, zoeraindasher said:

Where did you find the previews of ep 13-14? Been looking for them all over youtube

its in HJE's instagram  type instagram @jungeum84, you can find it there.

you can also see it in Hwang Jung Eum instagram, all related pics and videos about her are there.

On 10/6/2018 at 6:34 PM, gm4queen said:

On 10/6/2018 at 10:40 PM, partyon said:

Nam Goong Min looked very cute in the bike scene

Agree with you.He looked really cute in the bike scene.It's now obvious that he had a lonely childhood.

Then there is the obvious hint that young HJE(hanging by a tree) was the one who crashed the childhood photo with his mom.Coincidence it seems.This scene got me thinking about a video that I once saw on YouTube which featured real life couples who were photographed together in their childhood as strangers where they crashed each other's pictures in the back ground..Quite strange right?

On 11/6/2018 at 6:17 AM, gm4queen said:

there has to be some connection between Kang Hoon Nam's mom and Jung Eum

Yes...truly agree..How did HJE get that tin man which Hoo Nam had?There is some kind of connection.

The rich heiress- Audrey,all smitten in love and distraught that her date(the farmer)did'nt quite like her.Hence she ends up drinking cups of coffee and in the glow of that ox wagon ride.They are complete  opposites and that's what makes it interesting.Waiting for them to end up together!:D

The cousin guy is such a jerk.Hope the coach would be sassy enough to teach the guy a lesson worth learning.

The big first kiss..wow was quite unexpected.He brushes of HJE by saying  that his heart was'nt into it in the aftermath.I bet he is gonna end up eating his own words.The bet..seems like something that he himself made up to get close to her as it seems that he is denying the attraction and closeness that he feels when she is around.The love guru has himself got struck by cupid's arrow.Lol.That seems to be the theme,the know it all relationship guru got the taste of his own medicine when he falls hard for a girl who seems to turn his world upside down as he ponders over what has happened to him..:sweat_smile:.Way to go..looking forward to the rest of the episodes...

7 hours ago, twittybird said:

its in HJE's instagram  type instagram @jungeum84, you can find it there.

you can also see it in Hwang Jung Eum instagram, all related pics and videos about her are there.

thank you! Saw it! I'm eager to see this Love Guru fall all over himself in his courtship of Jung Eum. 

Unpopular Opinion:

I like the bet.

1. Firstly, it reminds me of those 90s chick flicks and rom coms which I loved where the guys are sorta jerks.. but in the process of interacting with the female leads, they become more mature and learn the errors of their ways.. Of course, it's also a period of growth for the female leads. 

This particularly reminds me of She's All That where the male lead Zach (Freddie Prinze Jr.) also makes a bet in which he can turn the artsy, geeky outcast Laney (Rachael Leigh Cook) into the school's next prom queen.. 

2. It makes a lot of sense because Hoon Nam has always seen himself as being above all this.. love.. and falling in love stuff. And so far he's always been on the receiving end of women's adoration. Naturally, when he faces these feelings for Jung Eum, he must be somewhat frustrated and confused that she doesn't seem to be reciprocrating his feelings.. (despite that kiss).

3. That bet was uttered in the heat of the moment. Lots of people make rash decisions and say harsh things in the heat of the moment especially when we're spurred on by others. I believe it's completely in line with Hoon Nam's character to do this.. He feels the need to prove to his cousin and to himself that he's not interested in Jung Eum.

4. There's gonna be a lot of grovelling and crawling when he realises the error of his ways and when Jung Eum finds out about the bet.. Of course, by that point, they'll probably be head over heels for each other. 

1 hour ago, ashbelle said:

The love guru has himself got struck by cupid's arrow.Lol.That seems to be the theme,the know it all relationship guru got the taste of his own medicine when he falls hard for a girl who seems to turn his world upside down as he ponders over what has happened to him..:sweat_smile:.Way to go..looking forward to the rest of the episodes...

He he....your words are beautifully gathered....I like the whole 3 lines :D:D I agree completely that he will be in lots of troubles ahead b' course of Jung Eum. :wub: :wub: and when we will have a real lovers' kiss? can't wait...... :D

33 minutes ago, ashbelle said:

Just got gutted guys..The series is cancelled this week.Guess we have to wait...:wacko:

OMG...again canceling shows? The article admits that "The Undatables" is cancelled on the 13th June....<_< Then what about 14th June? I am really upset... :mellow: waiting for another week is the thing I hate the most  :wink::wink:

K-DRAMA REACTION: THE UNDATEABLES | EPISODE 9-10

I’m digging all those replays.

The Spark

Even if they admit it or not, something has changed between Yoo Jung-eum (Hwang Jung-eum) and Kang Hoon-nam (Namgoong Min). They put their defenses up immediately after they kissed. If it was really nothing, then they shouldn’t make efforts to prove they weren’t affected by the kiss at all. Hoon-nam even questioned his frankness about Jung-eum’s past. For someone as nonchalant as him, it was a bit out of character for him to care about what he already said.

For those who always read or watch romance, the kiss scene was definitely the so-called ‘spark’. That one moment that kick-starts the push-and-pulls of our main characters. This series is really good at making swoon-worthy classic rom-com scenes.

The Tension

It wasn’t only Jung-eum and Hoon-nam who feels the tension in the air. Choi Joon-soo (Choi Tae-joon) is suddenly seeing his childhood friend differently. He is starting to get affected by Jung-eum in a way he didn’t think he would. His feelings towards Jung-eum is changing while his friend is slowly getting close with the Duke. Joon-soo is one charming second lead but I already surrendered all hopes that his realization would be right on time. Jung-eum and Hoon-nam are already getting closer and Joon-soo is not yet near being comfortable with his feelings for her friend.

The Primacy Effect

According to my Google search, “what someone first sees, hears, or reads about a person tends to serve as a primary reference point or anchor for later judgments, so that later judgments are overly influenced by a person’s initial judgment.” In short, first impression matters.

Jung-eum has introduced Mr Poet-Famer (Kim Kwang-kyu) to their VIP client Oh Doo-ri (Jung Yong-joo) and the latter is in denial about her attraction to the countryman. Hoon-nam is helping our heroine to make the unlikely pair’s relationship work. It forced our main character to spend more time together and see each other in different (sometimes quirky) situation. I really like those scenes when Hoon-nam notices little details to Jung-eum’s personality. He might not be aware of it but he surely gives extra attention to this lady.

FULL: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/06/12/k-drama-reaction-the-undateables-episode-9-10/

17 hours ago, ashbelle said:

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/11/shows-canceled-week-due-north-korea-u-s-summit-elections-world-cup/

Just got gutted guys..The series is cancelled this week.Guess we have to wait...:wacko:

yaiks! Noooo! I've waited a week for this! The article says the 13th of June, what about the 14th? i hope to see at least two episodes as I cant wait to see how HN is going to materialize his GD "bet". I hope he fails big time ha! and realize that love and feelings cannot be manipulated,and JE will not reciprocate his fake affections.<_<:(

41 minutes ago, mxxella said:

K-DRAMA REACTION: THE UNDATEABLES | EPISODE 9-10

I’m digging all those replays.

The Spark

Even if they admit it or not, something has changed between Yoo Jung-eum (Hwang Jung-eum) and Kang Hoon-nam (Namgoong Min). They put their defenses up immediately after they kissed. If it was really nothing, then they shouldn’t make efforts to prove they weren’t affected by the kiss at all. Hoon-nam even questioned his frankness about Jung-eum’s past. For someone as nonchalant as him, it was a bit out of character for him to care about what he already said.

For those who always read or watch romance, the kiss scene was definitely the so-called ‘spark’. That one moment that kick-starts the push-and-pulls of our main characters. This series is really good at making swoon-worthy classic rom-com scenes.

The Tension

It wasn’t only Jung-eum and Hoon-nam who feels the tension in the air. Choi Joon-soo (Choi Tae-joon) is suddenly seeing his childhood friend differently. He is starting to get affected by Jung-eum in a way he didn’t think he would. His feelings towards Jung-eum is changing while his friend is slowly getting close with the Duke. Joon-soo is one charming second lead but I already surrendered all hopes that his realization would be right on time. Jung-eum and Hoon-nam are already getting closer and Joon-soo is not yet near being comfortable with his feelings for her friend.

The Primacy Effect

According to my Google search, “what someone first sees, hears, or reads about a person tends to serve as a primary reference point or anchor for later judgments, so that later judgments are overly influenced by a person’s initial judgment.” In short, first impression matters.

Jung-eum has introduced Mr Poet-Famer (Kim Kwang-kyu) to their VIP client Oh Doo-ri (Jung Yong-joo) and the latter is in denial about her attraction to the countryman. Hoon-nam is helping our heroine to make the unlikely pair’s relationship work. It forced our main character to spend more time together and see each other in different (sometimes quirky) situation. I really like those scenes when Hoon-nam notices little details to Jung-eum’s personality. He might not be aware of it but he surely gives extra attention to this lady.

FULL: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/06/12/k-drama-reaction-the-undateables-episode-9-10/

Awesome analysis. That kiss may have been the catalyst but I wonder when he first saw her in a different light. When did he start feeling attracted to her?

Hello Friends!!!!

I am commenting again on this thread.... too cute to handle :blush:

Since we have to wait another week for the sweet romance of our sweet couple, I thought to work on something unique :)

I am editing a beautiful music video from our "Hoon Nam - Jung Eum" sweet couple :wub:

Please wait.... Hoon Nam - Jung Eum MV is coming soon :wub::wub:

I hope my MV will ease up your heart :D

Archived