[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

Go Seung Ji

I really enjoyed this week's episodes!

7 hours ago, ireumimolla said:

Phew I’m so happy about the ratings!!! It’s even more heartening because I don’t see much promotion at all by TvN for this drama as some of you have mentioned earlier. The tvN YouTube channel only uploads like 3(!!!) measly videos per episode excluding the previews, which is much less than Sec Kim previously:( Come on tvN! You’re sleeping on this drama!

It's so weird. I always watch clips before watching episodes subbed, and every tvN drama I've watched has had a dozen or more videos posted to YouTube per episode. Why is there only three for this drama???

3 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

Seriously , it was so obvious, I was actually kind of amused by the many posts from people who expressed doubt about it.  Simply being badly matched because of background and lifestyle was never going to be enough, this being a K Drama, she has to be an actually "bad" person, unfaithful, not merely unsuitable. 

I don't doubt that she'll have an affair or at least consider it, and I don't especially like it. I do think JH's choice will be more complicated than HW being a "bad" person, especially since it seems likely that WJ will remember everything at some point. 

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

Seriously , it was so obvious, I was actually kind of amused by the many posts from people who expressed doubt about it.  Simply being badly matched because of background and lifestyle was never going to be enough, this being a K Drama, she has to be an actually "bad" person, unfaithful, not merely unsuitable. 

This is also another consequence of him changing his life, he only knows Hye-won for her outer beauty but he really didn't know more of her back then. Now he is just realizing their big difference and her true character. :joy:

I guess this almost happens in every k-dramas :joy:

videotogif_2018.08.10_22.50.321.gif  

So, the story seems like they will fall in love again :wub:  Well, if it happens, I hope Joo Hyuk will not cheat on Hye Won. Although he doesn't love her, she still is his wife (actually he wished for it). And you don't know how much I hate love affairs :wacko: Their love story in the past was revealed. But I have to say that I felt a little disappointed since it was just lovey-dovey scenes. It was cute and funny but just this. I hoped for something more meaningful. But since it has just aired 4 eps, there will be a lot of interesting things waiting for us :D

8 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Do we think that after he goes through this he returns to his original time line or stay's in this time line?

Returns to his original timeline IMO. Since he went from August to June in the timelines, I think that’s the window he has to go back. 

I think the show did show glimpse of bitterness on top of lovey dovey.  The lovey dovey is mainly for Joo Hyuk to recall his new timeline Woo Jin now is exactly how he fell in love with her in the past before she is his girlfriend and latter becomes girlfriend.

Then he recalled her bitterness when she was drinking and asking Joo Hyuk to return her cheerfulness / life back to her.

Even how plan ahead Woo Jin was when she recommend the client to take up certain planning reminds him of him been scolded for spending money on bouquet of flowers instead of getting the money for food.

Also the part where they sit together eating breakfast and Woo Jin informing them her ideal (a husband she can rely on)...it brings me back to ep 2 when she hesitate of sharing her mum health information to Joo Hyuk... clearly shows that she already lost her confidence to rely on her husband.

probably after 2 months the 2 moons phenomenon will happen so he will have a chance to go back and be with his old wife. Maybe when he goes back, their marriage will be entirely different because this time he knows how to fix their marriage and he will be a better husband? Will have to see how everything will unfold. 

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

Do we think that after he goes through this he returns to his original time line or stay's in this time line

I think near the end of August, he'd travel back to the original time. I hope we get to see a glimpse of their reconcile lives together, and other people lives. Secretly, I hope they can stay in this time line, since Woo Jin's life looks less pathetic. They are both somewhat success in their carreers. But they need to get back to their children.

@ravairie  I agree with you He returned to his former past. And think he may not even marry her. It was too early for them to marry. Their image status is not good enough either. It will be in the process of fellowship and each other to create a career, wealth and stability. When everything is ready, get married and have a baby and Woo Jin can take care of her mother. His problems in the past have been resolved in a good way. I guess once he has been resolved, his past status will not be so different in the present. The two have a better family life and live happily.:wub:

I do not know how the writer will end it? It is only my guess.:D

57 minutes ago, nidcha202 said:

@ravairie  I agree with you He returned to his former past. And think he may not even marry her. It was too early for them to marry. Their image status is not good enough either. It will be in the process of fellowship and each other to create a career, wealth and stability. When everything is ready, get married and have a baby and Woo Jin can take care of her mother. His problems in the past have been resolved in a good way. I guess once he has been resolved, his past status will not be so different in the present. The two have a better family life and live happily.:wub:

I do not know how the writer will end it? It is only my guess.:D

I think he would return to his old life which means already married. I do think a big issue was most likely having two children that early. 

4 hours ago, Wotad said:

Do we think that after he goes through this he returns to his original time line or stay's in this time line?

I too think that he’ll return to his original timeline. Woo jin will probably eventually remember the original timeline since she’s already having dreams about the original timeline. To me it’s important that she remembers so that she can also understand where their relationship went wrong. It will take the two of them to make their marriage work again in the original timeline.

There is one scene when woo jin is visiting her sister in law asking how much it cost for a nursing home and her SIL joked that she should put some make up to have a boyfriend since married women have boyfriend now a days. Woo jin in her past scenes with joo hyuk shows that she is just like her mother. Joo hyuk is everything to her, her world revolves with only him. It only changes when they already experienced the harsh realities of life. Having 2 young kids, on top of having to take care of her ailing mother and it does not help that they have financial issues too supporting their parents. As someone mentioned and i agree, her dream is not to be a wife but to be joo hyuk's wife, only to joo hyuk. This is totally different with hye won. She is used to be constantly surrounded by men showing interest in her. She is beautiful and most importantly comes from an affluent family. An only child so she is used to getting a lot of attention. Now that she is married to joo hyuk, that changes a lot. Even if everything is provided to her, she does still miss those good old days where most men wants her. I bet she will be the one with a boyfriend while married lol. Especially now that joo hyuk will remember how much he loved the old seo woo jin:)

@unknown12i wish there will be cameos from their friends too. Can jo jung suk be woo jin's blind date? In exchange of ji min's blind date cameo in jealousy incarnate:D

BTS of ji min and ji sung is always fun. That scene where woo jin is tapping their neighbor's ceiling is hilarious lol

@unknown12what is the article about? Can't understand a single thing lol. But i have read that a crew died from one of the airing dramas. Mostly the crew in kdramas is really over worked. I have read 68 hours per week or more omg. Especially in airing dramas like this mostly live shooting is always the issue.

Look at his mean "mother-in-law" face :joy:

videotogif_2018.08.10_22.56.19.gif

Actually, I'm kind of like him as long as he will not become my husband :lol: Haha, I'm just kidding but not 100% :P You know, it's not like all good boyfriends will become good husbands. Some of your BF's personalities, which attract you when you're in love, could turn into annoyance in marriage ^_^

I think he is pretty cute and kind :wub: He exactly looked like my 7-year-old nephew when he found the PlayStation :lol: And he was so shy spending the first night with Hye Won :lol:  I found it cute when he tried everything (even that ridiculous complain) to make Woo Jin move to another branch instead of simply ignoring her. Or the worse thing he could do is looking down on her because now he has a dream wife and a super-duper rich father-in-law. I'm extremely thankful that the writer didn't make him become that kind of person ^_^ And he asked his father-in-law to help his friend and also his colleague although he has never met his father-in-law before. It was kind! In the original timeline, when Woo Jin got angry and even shouted at him in public, his attitude remained gently towards her (Or should I say he was afraid of her? :lol:). And he bought a bouquet for her on their anniversary :wub:

Until now, the thing I dislike the most about him is making that decision, changing his wife. I know he made it while he was angry, disappointed and hurt but it was definitely a thoughtless, selfish decision. In the good side, I believe that he thought it was the best way for both of them. He made me have the feeling that if there is something bad happens in his idealistic world, he will tend to avoid it than deal with it. Is it the reason why he couldn't see how stress, pathetic Woo Jin was? 

Archived