[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This person commented in dramabeans really sum up how i feel regarding the husband and wife:

Written by Sandra

I think that both sides contributed to the predicament they're in, being married and now heading to divorce, I understand how they got to where they are...people ask why they don't communicate and why the woman is constantly angry and screaming...I never got to that point of constant screaming but I can relate...
Sometimes in a marriage when things are never resolved and one has been carrying stress, resentment, frustration, tiredness, disappointment for a long time...it can come out in very unhealthy ways...the wife has reached the end of the rope and is just exploding...
For whatever reason I'm sure they haven't been able to talk or they have talked but no one "hears" the other and hence they are stuck in the motions...
Everyone who is suggesting they should simply talk, I dont think its just a matter of talking that would fix this...I think they're issues are much more complicated than meets the eye....
I'm not justifying their behaviors, but I can relate...because I have been there... where you can not bridge the gap and you're wondering how did this happen and both of you are long gone and it takes much more than talking to mend things....and you feel like you do not even know each other any more....in the beginning they had a quote that I could relate to...that love is a strange thing one day you love each other and the next you can become enemies...and you truly dont even know how you end up there...
they are barely surviving trying to keep up with work, juggling kids, stress and they do not have time to talk, communicate or build intimacy...
sometimes men do not want to talk...they shut down or avoid it...because they can't deal with feelings of failure so they resort to escapism behaviors such as drinking and other hobbies i.e the video game...He even said it when he was talking to his friends that he understands he isn't capable.
As women, we love to talk, we feel like we get heard when we talk and when we try to talk or don't get a chance to talk, we build resentment and it may come out either in passive aggressiveness, anger, bitterness, depression, pettiness etc
All those who can not understand them, have truly not been in a situation like that where nothing works...nothing is resolved and you just have to keep pushing...it goes that way until things are completely broken and most times people don't know how they got there its simply a pile up of many things over the years which seem "little"...
anyway on the new time line people keep saying he seems happy BUT we do not know that yet...wife 2.0 is still asleep she hasn't woken up...even tho they look richer...he has no idea what problems they have in this current timeline...she could be stuck up and may annoy him in other ways...all we saw is we saw HIM happy, but we do not know how his life actually is right now...what he does etc....that is what I'm curious to see.....I have a feeling he isn't as happy as he thinks he is in this new timeline either...

Which i think the realistic couple situation is what the wriiter is trying to protray.

Also i am puzzle why wife is just working as facial shop when she looks like she can be more capable since she went university too.  I think there is some sacrifies in her career during the marriage.

In the opening scene of ep 1, Joo Hyuk said:

"I got married because I loved her so much that I thought I would die. Now, I live like she is an enemy I could kill"

Well, it is definitely the most strange thing in the world although it is not impossible to happen ^_^ This is a rom-com drama, so his words could be a little overdone. But as far as I saw in the first two eps, their relationship and their marriage were completely lacking in sharing and loving together. Therefore, I do hope the writer will explain it well or I have to believe in the common quote "Marriage is the grave of love" :lol: 

Also, I'm so excited to see how Joo Hyuk will deal with all the things happened in the last 12 years while he has no clue :lol:

@tok-soompi  It's a very thoughtful comment :wub: 

1 hour ago, tok-soompi said:

I think there is some sacrifies in her career during the marriage.

I think she did. But in ep 1, it seemed like she wasn't interested in pursuing a career. So I'm not sure whether she considered it as a sacrifice or not ^_^

jM7LIJs.gif

Spoiler

VyodEEz.gif

eaUTUhy.gif

ewBebvL.jpg

Ji Sung Meets A Completely Different Version Of Han Ji Min After Tampering With Fate In “Familiar Wife”

Aug 7, 2018
by kminjungee

You never know how things will turn out in tvN’s “Familiar Wife”!

The drama recently dropped intriguing stills of Ji Sung and Han Ji Min.

The two actors respectively portray Cha Joo Hyuk and Seo Woo Jin, a five-year married couple. Cha Joo Hyuk fatefully gains the ability to change the past, and decides to make a different choice on the first day he met his wife Han Ji Min.

As shown in the previous broadcast, his decision caused his reality to change, and Cha Joo Hyuk found himself married to his first love Lee Hye Won (Kang Han Na).

The new stills reveal Cha Joo Hyuk and Seo Woo Jin’s tense “first meeting” in this new reality of his.

Cha Joo Hyuk is shocked at the sight of Seo Woo Jin, who appears at his bank with a changed appearance. Looking like a goddess and overflowing with charisma, Seo Woo Jin stares Cha Joo Hyuk down while aiming what appears to be a gun towards him. As she approaches him and he slowly backs away, they share curious glances. It is not revealed if the situation is just a part of a dream or not.

Spoiler

Ji-Sung-Han-Ji-Min3.jpg

The production team shared, “Joo Hyuk and Woo Jin’s first meeting after their lives changed will play out in an interesting manner. People will experience a different kind of thrill and be able to relate to the relationship between Joo Hyuk, who has retained his memory, and Woo Jin, who has been changed by fate.”

“Familiar Wife” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST. 

Soompi

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프 - Wed & Thu @ 21:30 KST
1 hour ago, tok-soompi said:

This person commented in dramabeans really sum up how i feel regarding the husband and wife:

Written by Sandra

I think that both sides contributed to the predicament they're in, being married and now heading to divorce, I understand how they got to where they are...people ask why they don't communicate and why the woman is constantly angry and screaming...I never got to that point of constant screaming but I can relate...
Sometimes in a marriage when things are never resolved and one has been carrying stress, resentment, frustration, tiredness, disappointment for a long time...it can come out in very unhealthy ways...the wife has reached the end of the rope and is just exploding...
For whatever reason I'm sure they haven't been able to talk or they have talked but no one "hears" the other and hence they are stuck in the motions...
Everyone who is suggesting they should simply talk, I dont think its just a matter of talking that would fix this...I think they're issues are much more complicated than meets the eye....
I'm not justifying their behaviors, but I can relate...because I have been there... where you can not bridge the gap and you're wondering how did this happen and both of you are long gone and it takes much more than talking to mend things....and you feel like you do not even know each other any more....in the beginning they had a quote that I could relate to...that love is a strange thing one day you love each other and the next you can become enemies...and you truly dont even know how you end up there...
they are barely surviving trying to keep up with work, juggling kids, stress and they do not have time to talk, communicate or build intimacy...
sometimes men do not want to talk...they shut down or avoid it...because they can't deal with feelings of failure so they resort to escapism behaviors such as drinking and other hobbies i.e the video game...He even said it when he was talking to his friends that he understands he isn't capable.
As women, we love to talk, we feel like we get heard when we talk and when we try to talk or don't get a chance to talk, we build resentment and it may come out either in passive aggressiveness, anger, bitterness, depression, pettiness etc
All those who can not understand them, have truly not been in a situation like that where nothing works...nothing is resolved and you just have to keep pushing...it goes that way until things are completely broken and most times people don't know how they got there its simply a pile up of many things over the years which seem "little"...
anyway on the new time line people keep saying he seems happy BUT we do not know that yet...wife 2.0 is still asleep she hasn't woken up...even tho they look richer...he has no idea what problems they have in this current timeline...she could be stuck up and may annoy him in other ways...all we saw is we saw HIM happy, but we do not know how his life actually is right now...what he does etc....that is what I'm curious to see.....I have a feeling he isn't as happy as he thinks he is in this new timeline either...

Which i think the realistic couple situation is what the wriiter is trying to protray.

Also i am puzzle why wife is just working as facial shop when she looks like she can be more capable since she went university too.  I think there is some sacrifies in her career during the marriage.

They got married early as mentioned that right after joo hyuk was accepted at the company so by that time i am not sure if woo jin has graduated college. Maybe not since she is younger than joo hyuk plus she might have gotten pregnant right after marriage. Undergrad with no experience i can understand why she ends up working in a beauty clinic. She was head over heels inlove with joo hyuk that's why. Her dream is to be his wife lol. That would changed now that joo hyuk changed their fate. Excited for tonight:wub:

enthusiasm for this drama is getting bigger and bigger. :D Many people commented how mean Woo Jin is, or how careless Joo Hyuk is, and I was like "Come On guys!! it's just a drama" they need to add a little bit of "spice" into drama/movie just to hook the viewers, well look how it works, right?? haha :lol:

and for the coin, as the show use a coin that was produced in many years before, I know right away this is gonna be a viral thing. And yup, it just begins, right now many people have posted about their coin or their collections. Even there are some wish could go back to the past too, as it was translated.:lol:

Well there's still some pics, but due to a rules of soompi, I can't post more than 3 pics if I'm not mistaken, CMIIMW. I'm still adapting to the new soompi, hasn't been log in for such a long time :sweatingbullets:.

(credit to the owner)

@richelle I'm with you, as soon as they show the taxi stealing scene, wow he's so messed up! ckckck :crazy:

here's the screencap for you. he's definitely his friend, guessing from the hair and body posture.

YmiOXXg.png

3BG7u9p.pnguqIahnv.jpg

@unknown12i knew it, it was joo huk's bank friend. He didn't noticed him since he was wearing glasses and he was in a rush. Looks like his friend will really like woo jin. And the fit of joo hyuk's jealousy begins lol

Memories will be an important factor of joo hyuk's realization. He changed his fate but he only has memories of woo jin. Memories played a big role in one of the dramas that i have watched, miracle we met. In that drama, they have shown that memories is more powerful than love. I guess they will use it in this drama too. Joo hyuk might be happy at first that he has now a new wife but his memories of his familiar wife will make him realize how much he loved her. Please be good episodes 3 and 4. I have waited for a week so the episodes should be satisfying:wub: i hope they would release OST's too. Why do i feel that they are a bit slow in promoting this drama<_<

@Koosleethat is what i felt since the beginning. Unlike WWWSK which is really heavily promoted. It seems they just rely on ji sung and ji min. I hope they can sustain the ratings.

Few minutes to go before episode 3. I need to watch it first before checking here so i won't read any spoilers:D

August 8, 2018

'Familiar Wife' makes strong debut on weekly TV ratings chart

By Woo Jae-yeon

SEOUL, Aug. 8 (Yonhap) -- New fantasy romance "Familiar Wife" on cable channel tvN made a strong debut on the weekly TV chart, taking the No. 4 spot in its first week on air, data showed Wednesday.

Featuring Ji Sung and Han Ji-in as a couple, the new series, which premiered on Aug. 1, recorded a score of 242.4 on the weekly Content Power Index (CPI) for July 30-Aug. 5.

The show revolves around the over-familiar couple who've been married for five years after years of dating.

Actor Han plays tough married woman Woo-jin, who has to juggle work, childrearing and taking care of her Alzheimer's-afflicted mother while Ji Sung plays the pathetic, henpecked husband. Suffering from a strained marriage, they start to wonder what might have been if they hadn't chosen each other.

The Wednesday-Thursday shows received 4.7 and 5.5 percent in viewership ratings for its first and second episode, respectively.

Meanwhile, the top spot went to cable music channel Mnet's new idol competition show, "Produce 48, which garnered a score of 284.4. "Mr. Sunshine," starring A-list actor Lee Byung-hun, came in second with 274.8, followed by "Life On Mars," the Korean version of the British TV show with the same name, with 246.9.

The CPI, created by CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea, measures the level of popularity, social media trending and influence on consumer behavior of entertainment TV programs aired on three major terrestrial networks -- MBC, SBS and KBS -- and seven cable channels owned by CJ E&M, including tvN, Mnet and OCN, during prime time. JTBC, another cable network that airs some highly popular entertainment shows and dramas, is not included in the measurement.

A poster for "Familiar Wife" provided by tvN (Yonhap)

A poster for "Familiar Wife" provided by tvN (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

14 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

This is going to be a real challenge for the writer, I think. Joo Hyeok has already been shown to be flaky and self-centred, basically incompetent at his job because of his refusal to grow up. If he now decides to ditch his "second" wife for a hotter version of his "first", what will that say of his character?  Let's hope there's some substance to his change of heart. 

Joo-hyuk is not incompetent at his job because he just refuses to grow up.. he just lacks the will he was in line to be promoted so if he was bad at his job that would not happen . Self centered how? 

Eyes of jealousy:D

vo0B5g.gif

6R1qyQ.gif

After I watched episode 3 of the No Sub, there was a feeling that Cha Joo Hyuk might have had a life problem with his new wife, feeling that she was cheating on him. And his friend is about to fall in love with his ex-wife. Worst of all, he has memories of his ex-wife. But his ex-wife does not remember him. He had to suffer a painful affair. There are more troubles.:sweatingbullets:

3 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

Yes, he is. He repeatedly disregarded bank protocols , including the worst one of the lot - when he made an unauthorised use of his supervisor's login details and approved a loan without the required ID, all for what? To save him time so that he could rush off work to buy a PlayStation? What he did was not merely incompetent, but would actually expose him to civil and criminal liability. If you google it, you will find that bank employees in many places around the world have faced such consequences for similar behaviour. 

This is a drama so comparing it to real life is stupid to begin with , people here seem to be man hating in my view.

You wouldn't be up for promotion if your incompetent. 

Also how is he self centered? 

@nidcha202 I also skimmed through the ep without sub. Does his ex wife had a dream of their past history, yet she doesn't know who was the male counter part? Need to go home and watch with sub.

Can't help but lol with Ja Hyuk's side eyed his friend with jealousy. 

Archived