[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Kooslee said:

Oh!! Rating down a bit. But still second. It's still ok for cable channels, but for me, I think Ep 3 is more fun than I thought, even though it looked like a no sub.:D

@Kooslee 

It seems that Woo Jin will dream of seeing her in the past, seen or known in the place. The fact that she has never been before anything that has ever happened in the past. And something may be left in her memory. It makes sense that it has happened or been seen before. Probably the subconscious of her good times. I saw her smiling happily.:wub:

I'm glad ratings held in the 5% range. 

I'm glad WJ is having dreams. The thing I really wanted to happen was for memories to bleed over because I feel like the only way WJ and JH can reunite in their original world is for WJ to know what JH did and gain some perspective from the alternative world. I feel like that might happen now. 

wife.png

In DRAMA

[Knowing Wife] Ep 3 Ji Sung's & Han Ji Min's lives changed, but fate still brought them together

Posted on Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Article: Naver 'Knowing Wife' Ji Sung married Kang Han Na instead of Han Ji Min

• Cha Joo Hyuk (Jisung) is really married to Lee Hye Won (Kang Han Na). He enjoys his life till night, and finally realizes about his children and cries for a while. 
  • Lee Hye Won meets another guy who she seem to be interested in. 
  • Seo Woo Jin (Han Ji Min)'s mother suffers from dementia. 

1. [+1863,-15]
Han Ji Min became a successful woman too, so she didn't lose anything.

2. [+717,-108]
Kang Han Na is really pretty.

3. [+514,-11]
If I'm Han Ji Min, I would thank Ji Sung for changing his wife. Because of that, my life blossomed.

4. [+531,-55]
Because this is a drama, there will be another conflict right?? But I still find Han Ji Min prettier.

5. [+230,-80]
Kang Han Na is... really beautiful..

6. [+118,-1]
This is a win-win situation, just continue living like that. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+103,-4]
Ji Sung is too shameless. If I knew that my partner is doing better than me, I would feel discouraged. On contrary, he treat it like nothing, and ask for help from his father-in-law. He even wants to quit his job, but still expects that his wife will do well at home. Totally what Korean men would do.

8. [+84,-1]
Isn't Han Ji Min too pitiful if Kang Han Na cheats on him and he goes back to Han Ji Min? 
He disliked her, which is why he went to Kang Han Na, and now when Kang Han Na isn't good either, he goes back to her?

1. [+555,-10]
Really fun to watch. I'm going to be a first broadcast killer for episode 4 too.

2. [+386,-14]
Han Ji Min seems really pretty.

3. [+340,-7]
I feel so relieved when I saw Han Ji Min become successful too.

4. [+254,-8]
Slowly, Kang Han Na's weakness is showing, and Han Ji Min's strength is showing too. Kang Han Na is already interested in guys younger than her.

5. [+190,-10]
Rather than cheating, it seems more like that guy was her husband. It's fate...

6. [+74,-0]
Even if Ji Sung goes back to his original life, I hope Han Ji Min will stay bright and healthy just like her new life. And not being tired or exhausted because of taking care of the kids...

7. [+61,-0]
I don't think anyone would know my wife better than me. But actually she's one person that I don't know at all. I think he would be reflecting on himself because his wife has became a stranger in the future.

8. [+63,-15]
To be honest, Han Ji Min is so much prettier than his first love

cr

I think I’m off the fence after episode 3. It shows growth from the early stages of this show which I’m liking. Yes, he is self centered but in a way aren’t we all? He’s realizing his gains and losses which I find to be realistic. 

I don’t think the new wife is going to be the villain of the story. I think in her timeline the young man could have been her future husband from the original timeframe. She could be attracted to him, but most likely JH will have the affair first. Thus, resulting in her either leaving the country with the guy or having an affair with him. I think she will be one of the victims, and will take her just revenge...or at least her dad will. 

I've watched the latest episode.:D It's better than I expected. I just love how all the characters was written so far. so refreshing, realistic, and funny its own way. Of course this office and marriage themes, not everyone's favorite, especially their jokes perhaps only those who already experience it can understand that. I smirk, grin, smile and laugh as I watch all the 3 episodes.:rolleyes:

As for Hye Won is going to be a cheating wife or not, I don't think it will be a major factor to Joo Hyuk's decision to go back to his familiar wife. If you already watched the current episode, it already shows how Joo Hyuk feels apologetic to his children, and begins to have self-reflection by interacting to the people around him, his sister (how grateful his sister is to have a lovely and caring husband/ JH's bff), his distressed mate/colleague which very unfamiliar to JH (remember how positive and supportive his friend was) and kinda swap to his state before, and his mom.:) His progress to miss and want his old life back, I think this one that could contribute to have a cheating wife, especially if JH begins to ignore her or not pay attention to her (kinda what he did to his familiar wife). 

I remember the writer wants to show the viewers, how the life we've chosen has its own problems or "drama" that we should have to deal with. So based on the idea of the writer wants to share, a cheating wife character is just fine and justified (it happens in real life though).:kiss_closed:

Spoiler ahead: Wow! how I missed this kind of meeting that they unintentionally and hilariously tease (or even sometimes 'bully' him in a such a way) their newbie. I begin to like this Kim Hwan character, always sulking (every office almost has this kind of employee).:lol:

I can't wait to tonight's episode! how JH will see the unfamiliar sides of his familiar wife (perhaps strongest than ever). And it seems JH will all do his best to get rid of his familiar wife from the office, he wants to move her out from the branch :w00t:

I'm liking this drama so far :) Always like Ji Sung but has never really watched Han Ji Min's dramas but so far I'm liking her acting too~ 

Btw, anyone knows the song which JH listened to in his car for a bit before the lightning struck (and he had to stop the car and went to the convenient store?). It's the same song I heard in I have a Lover and have been wondering what song it is but since it's not part of OST, I couldn't find the title nor the artist. 

Looking forward to tonight's episode!

Seo Woo Jin's destiny is so great that Cha Joo Hyuk can't escape her even after he changed his fate having a beautiful wife, a nice house, video games and no children he cried then he got over it so fast, am not sure if he is or not in love with her but i think  he is in love with the idea that he is married to his dream girl

I really enjoyed Ep 3 a lot!

JH is beginning to realize how he has failed as a father and a husband and is beginning to self reflect.  

It started with his realization of what a jerk and scumbag he is to have only thought about his own happiness and forgotten about his children.

Then, it was the self-reflection upon hearing his sister’s response to his question whether she was happy. Her definition of a good husband and a good father is just simply that Sang Sik helps her attend to the kids. She recognizes that Sang Sik has been selfless and that alone motivates her to want to become a better person. 

It’s so true, isn’t it?  Often, all it takes is for the husband to be a lil less self-centred and be more considerate towards the wife - that alone is enough to make most wives want to become a better person. There’s a saying that goes, A good husband makes a good wife.  

I think JH really does love only his wife. Am just thinking that his fear of meeting the wife could be due to the fact that he knows he would be irresistibly drawn to her. He can’t help it. It’s fate or destiny haha..so that’s why he is so fearful of meeting her at all in this timeline. It’s like one can’t escape one’s destiny, no matter how hard one tries. These were also his musings in the bathtub hehe..Re the bathtub scene, I must say that the director is very good at giving us JH as an ordinary, simple man and not your kceleb hunk (secretly wondering if Ji Sung temporally stopped his body building to give a realistic portrayal for this drama :D.

The office humor is also quite well executed. It has the right degree of silliness. I actually find the degree of silly office humor here more acceptable than in What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim which borders on slap-stickiness to me (please don’t bash me if you are a fan of that drama haha..)

Some of you talked about the standard kdrama trope in making a villain out of the second lead. I think for this drama, HW won’t turn out to be a villain because this timeline will eventually be non-existent. So, at the end of the drama, because JH will return to the real timeline and be with his familiar wife, neither JH nor HW of this time-traveled timeline would exist. Also, in the real timeline HW might be with this young person she met.

And since I have not seen any post raving about Ji Sung’s acting, I’d like to do that now. When he was momentarily stricken with remorse when he realized that he had forgotten about his children, I cried alongside with him. His very vivid eye acting at various points made me realize once again how much I appreciate him as an actor and how much I love his eyes that alone can tell a lot of story. Okay, done.

I am a lil disappointed about the slight dip in ratings. I think after all the Go Back Couple critisms for Ep 1, Ep 2 probably attracted some Go Back Couple fans who came to check it out. And some of these fans may have exited. I was following the “Talk” section of the drama and most of the comments are about the drama development itself. There were quite a lot of comments so I hope that the interest among k audience is still keeping up. There’s another thing I am disappointed about- the lack of publicity by TVN and the lack of OSTs. We have completed 3 episodes and there’s still not one OST released. Siiighhh..For me, it is not just the kdrama itself but also the drama’s OSTs is also a big takeaway for me. (TVN, please give us one or two good and memorable OSTs pleaseee!)

Ep 4 Hwaiting!

I don't think the "new" wife necessarily has to be a *villain,* per se. But she's already shown in subtle ways that she is selfish and not that considerate of his feelings.

For example, it seems she's insisting that they only visit her parents on weekends instead of his mother, because his mother's house is small and uncomfortable. And Joo-Hyuk's sister complains that her family talks down to her. Basically, she's neglecting his family. Not in any overt ways, but in subtle ways.

As far as whether she's truly meant to be with this other guy, or if she can't help it if some guy flirts with her - ohhh, no. She took her ring off. Her mind went "there," and quite quickly. She may not be jumping into beds all over town, but she's definitely got a wandering eye already, and it's not new. It's in line with her overall selfishness - She doesn't really see anything wrong with getting what she wants. She was the popular "dream girl" in college. She's probably used to that attention, and she will continue to enjoy it.

I actually do not think that makes her a terrible person or anything. Just, you know, not a very generous or kind person. She won't do anything she doesn't want to (e.g., visit his mother), and whatever she wants, she gets. (Attention and flattery from men.)

It's just like how in the original timeline, Joo-Hyuk wasn't a terrible husband, but he was thoughtless and selfish towards his wife in small, subtle ways.

I think that's the lesson of this drama - that in a marriage, small gestures can build up over the years into big issues.

I super duper agree on the lack of publicity from tvn. I hope tvn will atleast give some decent promotions on this drama, whether new bts or ost's. It is really lacking if you compare it to other dramas. Since this is cable, getting 5% is already an achievement and i hope the ratings increased tonight.

I enjoyed watching the episode with subs. Usually i watch it twice, one in raw and one in subs. I can tell that its getting interesting since i have the same enthusiasm watching it again with subs since before there are dramas that after watching the raw, i don't look forward for the subs lol.

What can i say, joo hyuk is slowly realizing what he has lost and slowly he will understand how he contributed to the current state of his wife. I love it that woo jin is still cheeky and can be very direct even on the new timeline. I think this is what of those qualities that joo hyuk will miss about her. She is straight to the point but very affectionate. I think they will also show how woo jin treats her former in laws. Since now, hye won does not care about her in laws but only her family. Sang sik will show to joo hyuk how it is to be an affectionate father which he is not with their kids. I love the scene where the food is just being thrown in hye won's fridge while with woo jin, she still eats it even past expiry date. Joo hyuk will realize these things that differentiates woo jin from hye won.

I also got teary eyed when joo hyuk suddenly remembers his kids. He knows he will be severely punished for his being selfish and only thinking of his happiness.

Last but not the least, i agree in the comments. Han ji min is really so pretty in this drama:wub:

Looking forward to episode 4:D

I agree with everyone's assesment about this episode. I would also like to mention that I loved Woojin's interactions with her mom. It was very touching.  Hope we have more of this. So I'd guess that Woo Jin's were good to Joo Hyuk's parents to while they're married.  His relationship with his parents isn't strained it like now.

I also like how his dream wife wasn't perfect when he remembered how his familiar wife ate all the expired foods to save money. It is so funny how he so terrified of his familiar wife. I want more office and jealousy antics please.

2 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I don't think the "new" wife necessarily has to be a *villain,* per se. But she's already shown in subtle ways that she is selfish and not that considerate of his feelings.

For example, it seems she's insisting that they only visit her parents on weekends instead of his mother, because his mother's house is small and uncomfortable. And Joo-Hyuk's sister complains that her family talks down to her. Basically, she's neglecting his family. Not in any overt ways, but in subtle ways.

As far as whether she's truly meant to be with this other guy, or if she can't help it if some guy flirts with her - ohhh, no. She took her ring off. Her mind went "there," and quite quickly. She may not be jumping into beds all over town, but she's definitely got a wandering eye already, and it's not new. It's in line with her overall selfishness - She doesn't really see anything wrong with getting what she wants. She was the popular "dream girl" in college. She's probably used to that attention, and she will continue to enjoy it.

I actually do not think that makes her a terrible person or anything. Just, you know, not a very generous or kind person. She won't do anything she doesn't want to (e.g., visit his mother), and whatever she wants, she gets. (Attention and flattery from men.)

It's just like how in the original timeline, Joo-Hyuk wasn't a terrible husband, but he was thoughtless and selfish towards his wife in small, subtle ways.

I think that's the lesson of this drama - that in a marriage, small gestures can build up over the years into big issues.

Excellent post. I completely agree. I see no villains here but “real” people and that means flaws. I think the new wife was probably gratified by the attentions of that young man and instinctively slipped off her ring. I also think she’s selfish not to at least visit his parents as he desired, but I can still understand her perspective considering her background. I don’t think it makes her a bad person, just human. I also don’t think it was JH alone at fault with the breakdown in his marriage because his wife had real anger issues yet I do find JH selfish not to pitch in to help with the kids. So I can appreciate these characters for who they are and I hope they’ll grow and learn as the drama progresses.

Archived