[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

16 hours ago, Ninky said:

snippet #6 Back to Chaos in a Dream Chapter 7

"Di Jun picked up the Sceptre of the Pārijāta Tree that had been floating in mid-air once again. Feng Jiu exclaimed in disbelief, “You… you still intend to carry on with our marriage ceremony?"

---

Don't you know that Di Jun would do anything for you by now? :hooray2:

14 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

What could also be in her mind, poor thing, before DH went ahead with the ceremony: Whenever we want to have a proper wedding ceremony, something happens...It would be the same if I also agreed to have that make-up wedding ceremony.

But he shows that if he can fight his battles while with her, if he can do his other duties for the World without leaving her side, nothing would stop him getting married to FJ. :wub:

Well to be fair, not just "something" but "stability of the world" type problem.

Lets face it, the trope would be for him to kiss her and tell her he d be back after taking care of that threat, and they d postpone while he fought and ended up seriously injured or something. 

Its a great inversion of the trope, not only is there is no postponing but such a thing was accounted for! 

Its a masterful stroke for him to show that no matter what he wont just leave her hanging "for the greater good" but that he will do right by her AND save the world this time. (so both no guilt and proving love!)  (And in such style!!!  Once Shao Wen hears of this Mo Yuan is going to have big expectations to fill for their eventual wedding! Not to mention Zu Ti's expectations of Lian Song) 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1
  • Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• Ninky

• jimmylyne

• Megan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

18 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

What could also be in her mind, poor thing, before DH went ahead with the ceremony: Whenever we want to have a proper wedding ceremony, something happens...It would be the same if I also agreed to have that make-up wedding ceremony.

But he shows that if he can fight his battles while with her, if he can do his other duties for the World without leaving her side, nothing would stop him getting married to FJ. :wub:

Wait till you see his vows. I translated it as closely to Tang Qi as I could. I had to modernise it to the chinese used today as it wouldn't have made grammatical sense at all in Ancient Chinese grammatical structure. But I moved myself to tears as it was so romantic.

You can ask @SC2019 exactly how much time I have spent perfecting those words!

This guy said he doesn't know how to say nice things. But he does know instinctively what to say to her at the right times.

No more snippets. I am at the very last scene with Zhong Lin so it won't be long before this goes up sometime late today.

But our team has been working hard on the edits over a span of several days, making sure it is perfect before we release it!

12 hours ago, Romulan said:

Well to be fair, not just "something" but "stability of the world" type problem.

Lets face it, the trope would be for him to kiss her and tell her he d be back after taking care of that threat, and they d postpone while he fought and ended up seriously injured or something. 

Because of who he is, it is better for her to be there, to see exactly what this man is capable of. And to have such a man to still have her in his heart even when he is doing his battles wil be comforting to her. This will help her let go of the past completely, healing the wound in her heart.

Its a great inversion of the trope, not only is there is no postponing but such a thing was accounted for! 

Its a masterful stroke for him to show that no matter what he wont just leave her hanging "for the greater good" but that he will do right by her AND save the world this time. (so both no guilt and proving love!)  (And in such style!!!  Once Shao Wen hears of this Mo Yuan is going to have big expectations to fill for their eventual wedding! Not to mention Zu Ti's expectations of Lian Song) 

Previously in her present time, she only knew the man from the history books. She never knew the real person when she idolised him. But actually watching him do his battles while still speaking the vows that will bind them as husband and wife is one way of knowing the man personally. That as you say, he won't leave her hanging even if he had to fight a huge battle on the side. This will prove that she was never an afterthought. But that she is always in his mind and the depths of his heart no matter what battle he is fight, or what monster he is killing.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Megan said:

Who knows Dong Hua better? Lian Song or his old classmates?

Old Classmates I think, since most of them later were his generals.  (Fox King, Zhe Lan to name 2..)

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Because of who he is, it is better for her to be there, to see exactly what this man is capable of. And to have such a man to still have her in his heart even when he is doing his battles wil be comforting to her. This will help her let go of the past completely, healing the wound in her heart.

Previously in her present time, she only knew the man from the history books. She never knew the real person when she idolised him. But actually watching him do his battles while still speaking the vows that will bind them as husband and wife is one way of knowing the man personally. That as you say, he won't leave her hanging even if he had to fight a huge battle on the side. This will prove that she was never an afterthought. But that she is always in his mind and the depths of his heart no matter what battle he is fight, or what monster he is killing.

True that!   Its the difference between seeing what made the legend vs just hearing legend especially as he is mostly laid back in the present.  I mean even Bai Qian never got to see why Mo Yuan got the title  "God of War" and even that one war they were in was short just a few days which is nothing compared to the old battles.  

Off topic but does anyone know if there is an Asian monster equivalent to Western/European monster call a "Fetch"? -basically an emotions eater, enjoys the negative emotions the most so it will torment its prey to be able to eat their emotions.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Romulan said:

Off topic but does anyone know if there is an Asian monster equivalent to Western/European monster call a "Fetch"? -basically an emotions eater, enjoys the negative emotions the most so it will torment its prey to be able to eat their emotions.  

https://owlcation.com/humanities/88-Chinese-Legendary-Creatures

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_supernatural_beings_in_Chinese_folklore

@Romulan I found these online. You might enjoy the 88 legendary creatures and see if anyone of those closely resembles the Fetch! 

• Insightful 2
1 hour ago, Megan said:

Who knows Dong Hua better? Lian Song or his old classmates?

The classmates would know more about him given the years they've been interacting with Dong Hua. Shao Wan in particular, the childhood friend, and then Zhe Yan even if he is another recluse. Xie Ming should know him enough as his former seat mate. Mo Yuan should know him very well, given that they fought together, and the titles he bestowed to him.

Lian Song would know best the Dong Hua after the wars, especially since he was half raised by the Tai Chen recluse and he used his library as his dormitory. Lian Song is only around 90,000 though, so what he truly knows of Dong Hua would only be barely a fourth of his half father's life.

But then, like Su Moye said, the heart doesn't really change much. Thus, personality-wise, the ancients and Lian Song will describe Dong Hua similarly.

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Wait till you see his vows. I translated it as closely to Tang Qi as I could. I had to modernise it to the chinese used today as it wouldn't have made grammatical sense at all in Ancient Chinese grammatical structure. But I moved myself to tears as it was so romantic.

Oooo, I love reading heartfelt vows. Excited for Ch7. This chapter has so many things happening, hahaha! It's only regretful that due to the war, and since a camp isn't really a good place to bring kids, BGG missed out seeing them getting married again, and see how much committed and in love his father is to his mother whether in the past or in the future. 

@SC2019 @nitepolaris and you are awesome. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1
2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The classmates would know more about him given the years they've been interacting with Dong Hua. Shao Wan in particular, the childhood friend, and then Zhe Yan even if he is another recluse. Xie Ming should know him enough as his former seat mate. Mo Yuan should know him very well, given that they fought together, and the titles he bestowed to him.

Shao Wan was the bestie plus sparring partner. I bet they were both sparring partners in martial arts classes, which is what they probably did for physical education. They both excelled in it so they usually pair up people of similar calibre to practice fighting. They both spectacularly failed in subjects that required serious note taking though.

Lian Song would know best the Dong Hua after the wars, especially since he was half raised by the Tai Chen recluse and he used his library as his dormitory. Lian Song is only around 90,000 though, so what he truly knows of Dong Hua would only be barely a fourth of his half father's life.

Agree. A lot of what he knows is from the same sources as Feng Jiu. In historical annals.

But then, like Su Moye said, the heart doesn't really change much. Thus, personality-wise, the ancients and Lian Song will describe Dong Hua similarly.

Oooo, I love reading heartfelt vows. Excited for Ch7. This chapter has so many things happening, hahaha! It's only regretful that due to the war, and since a camp isn't really a good place to bring kids, BGG missed out seeing them getting married again, and see how much committed and in love his father is to his mother whether in the past or in the future. 

@SC2019 @nitepolaris and you are awesome. :wub:

The boy was hopping mad over Fairy Chu Yi. But later, he also knew that Chu Yi already loved someone else. Based on the way he relayed the whole story to Feng Xing, he obviously supported his mother's cause to help them hahaha!

Fei Wei was the one who panicked hahaha! Btw that place was the ancestral home of Feng Jiu's mother  (maternal ancestor's home as per translation). It is likely the home of Fairy Mother, Fu Mi her maternal grandmother. It is also in the Eastern Realm. The Eastern Realm is the region where the nine tailed foxes and the scarlet foxes originated from anyway. 

That's why Feng Jiu is a scarlet fox, she is the product of a cross breed between a nine tailed arctic fox and a single tailed scarlet fox. So she ended up becoming the only scarlet nine tailed fox in the 8 Realms. She has white socks and nine tails, from her father 

Oh ya I am going to include pictures of the Meng Ji beast. And if I can some of the flowers. This chapter will have a very long note list.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
10 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Shao Wan was the bestie plus sparring partner. I bet they were both sparring partners in martial arts classes, which is what they probably did for physical education. They both excelled in it so they usually pair up people of similar calibre to practice fighting. They both spectacularly failed in subjects that required serious note taking though.

Agree. A lot of what he knows is from the same sources as Feng Jiu. In historical annals.

The boy was hopping mad over Fairy Chu Yi. But later, he also knew that Chu Yi already loved someone else. Based on the way he relayed the whole story to Feng Xing, he obviously supported his mother's cause to help them hahaha!

Feng Xing was the one who panicked hahaha!

Oh ya I am going to include pictures of the Meng Ji beast. And if I can some of the flowers. This chapter will have a very long note list.

Cant wait!  the notes are half the fun! 

23 minutes ago, Ninky said:

LOL, even if it is uncharacteristic of BGG, won't be surprised if he had lie down on the ground kicking once he understood what the crane couple wanted Chu Yi to be. The boy is loyal to FJ, and his ten years with DH, his father only had eyes to his mother.

33 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Feng Xing was the one who panicked hahaha! Btw that place was the ancestral home of Feng Jiu's mother  (maternal ancestor's home as per translation). It is likely the home of Fairy Mother, Fu Mi her maternal grandmother. It is also in the Eastern Realm. The Eastern Realm is the region where the nine tailed foxes and the scarlet foxes originated from anyway. 

You meant Fei Wei, right? LOL, I'm interchanging their names too...Fei Wei, Feng Xing, Fu Ying, Fu Zi. Lots of F names/titles in the story, hahaha! W X Y Z! Apart from FJ and Fushen!

37 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Yay! Aside from the chapter's highlight,  I'm looking forward to the pics and the flowers!

37 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

LOL, even if it is uncharacteristic of BGG, won't be surprised if he had lie down on the ground kicking once he understood what the crane couple wanted Chu Yi to be. The boy is loyal to FJ, and his ten years with DH, his father only had eyes to his mother.

You meant Fei Wei, right? LOL, I'm interchanging their names too...Fei Wei, Feng Xing, Fu Ying, Fu Zi. Lots of F names/titles in the story, hahaha! W X Y Z! Apart from FJ and Fushen!

I translated the Master (Fu Zi), and some of those minor characters because it would make sense to more people. Fu Zi (夫子)don't make sense to most English speakers. They don't realise it means a teacher. Master is the correct translated name for them for that time period. Another name for Teacher in a latter period in ancient China was "Xian Sheng" 先生。 It's what the Japanese still call their teachers, "Sensei". Also Fu Shen = Father God.

At least people know he is one of the first gods if translated this way. This dragon couple had a pair of twins - Ye Hua and Mo Yuan. :D. I don't like how they made Mo Yuan look older in the drama. He actually looks exactly like Ye Hua, not a day older. So Shao Wan's future husband and Bai Qian's husband looks the same. Oops!

Yay! Aside from the chapter's highlight,  I'm looking forward to the pics and the flowers!

Got all the flower pictures downloaded including the beasts. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I don't like how they made Mo Yuan look older in the drama. He actually looks exactly like Ye Hua, not a day older.

I actually like Mark Chao's looks as Mo Yuan more than Ye Hua. It's the same actor, but his eyes are kinder and cheekbones looked nicer as the elder twin. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Ninky said:

So Shao Wan's future husband and Bai Qian's husband looks the same. Oops!

So not only the ladies can do their mischief to their husbands, the brothers can also trick their wives. Fair enough, hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1
35 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I translated the Master (Fu Zi), and some of those minor characters because it would make sense to more people. Fu Zi (夫子)don't make sense to most English speakers. They don't realise it means a teacher. Master is the correct translated name for them for that time period. Another name for Teacher in a latter period in ancient China was "Xian Sheng" 先生。 It's what the Japanese still call their teachers, "Sensei". Also Fu Shen = Father God.

At least people know he is one of the first gods if translated this way. This dragon couple had a pair of twins - Ye Hua and Mo Yuan. :D. I don't like how they made Mo Yuan look older in the drama. He actually looks exactly like Ye Hua, not a day older. So Shao Wan's future husband and Bai Qian's husband looks the same. Oops!

Got all the flower pictures downloaded including the beasts. 

Hooray!

Actually I looked at that alot because I always like to see how they change things when its the same actor but playing as if 2 distinct personalities.

It has to do with how he holds himself both the way he sits and his head position, the facial hair, hair style and it does make sense. He physically will appear the same but Mo Yuan has been throught alot and lost alot.   Mo Yuan always has slight smile but tinged with sadness/wistfulness but Ye Hua has a solemn look. When he smiles its big smile because growing up he wasnt ever allowed to be carefree but was stuck in serious studying since he was super little.  Also Ye Hua normally has his hair down looking younger and less drawn in the face, and he tends to hold his head and posture tall and contained.

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I actually like Mark Chao's looks as Mo Yuan more than Ye Hua. It's the same actor, but his eyes are kinder and cheekbones looked nicer as the elder twin. :lol:

So not only the ladies can do their mischief to their husbands, the brothers can also trick their wives. Fair enough, hahaha!

Lol they could try but Bai Qian knows them both really well - do you think she cant tell the difference?  I've know several identical twin sets, and I could tell them apart by very subtle tells.   (it was actually funny when I called them by their correct name and turns out they were teasing people by pretending to be the other and they wanted to know how they messed up. )   But yes Mo Yuan definitely has a softer aspect of someone who can let things go, while Ye Hua is very intense.

a3f0562af6e604b2d98523b41555c423.jpg

I like this photo above for the side by side. -- you can also see it below.  The other thing Mo Yuan tends to hold his hands behind his back while Ye Hua tends to hold his in front of him. clasped together.  Makeup is also at work here too.

052f30da06f3f02fbcee3b62c2897f13.jpg

• Like 3

He isn't in love with Bai Qian at all. Tang Qi has said this many times but the drama implied otherwise. Now that we know that he loved Shao Wan so much, I see him in a completely different light.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Ninky said:

He isn't in love with Bai Qian at all. Tang Qi has said this many times but the drama implied otherwise. Now that we know that he loved Shao Wan so much, I see him in a completely different light.

Even in the drama -except for when Zhe Lan made the suggestion and I saw the slight hope.  I saw in the drama more of it being a foster father that really loved and missed his foster daughter - which is what the master/disciple relationship level was suppose to be. His actions are much more of a father's in how he treated BQ prior to the Bell incident. Then even later on when he was warning her about the extra rules and regs in the Celestial tribe. 

Now knowing about Shao Wan, I really think that BQ reminded him of his lost love and made him love his foster daughter/disciple so much more.

I think a part of him had hoped that BQ couldve stayed at Kunlun but seeing how much time had past and that was she was abut to be married and he was aware of how much he missed out on seeing including seeing his twin for so many years- made him sad.  (I think he probably really regretted making the stupid bell).  

It actually annoys me in stories where they have the main leads if master/disciple become instead wanting to lovers when its intended for master/disciple to be foster parent/foster child in closeness.  (Journey of Flower is the one that comes to mind but I know Ive seen it several times).

• Like 2
11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Me too! With the exception of the pattern of Mo Yuan's outfits. 

12 hours ago, Ninky said:

I don't like how they made Mo Yuan look older in the drama. He actually looks exactly like Ye Hua, not a day older. So Shao Wan's future husband and Bai Qian's husband looks the same. Oops!

I did like the facial hair though, it looked good on Mark :lol:

If I remember correctly, Bai Qian could tell the difference because Ye Hua's hair is lighter and her Shifu's eyes were not as calm, or vice versa...

3 hours ago, Romulan said:

It actually annoys me in stories where they have the main leads if master/disciple become instead wanting to lovers when its intended for master/disciple to be foster parent/foster child in closeness.  (Journey of Flower is the one that comes to mind but I know Ive seen it several times).

True, it's a bit of a cliché.

• Like 1

Well I finished the translation and am working on the notes section. This should go up shortly once the notes are completed.

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Btw the translation is roughly 40pages including notes....

That included the chinese text but english alone would still be at least 25-30 pages...

That's why it took a bit of time as I still have to juggle family commitments :D

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
10 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Btw the translation is roughly 40pages including notes....

That included the chinese text but english alone would still be at least 25-30 pages...

That's why it took a bit of time as I still have to juggle family commitments :D

Wow. That's a lot of typing. And it isn't really mere typing but translating and thinking through of what would be the more appropriate word to use without losing the author's tone of story-telling and her humour.

And of course we understand if it's taking time. Family time and commitments should still be the priority. ^_^