[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

31 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

I wouldn't blame him if he did all that he could to keep her to himself. And I thought what yehua had to go through with his dead wife and orphaned child was agony and Donghua being abandoned by Fengjiu for so many years. You could tell how much the time killed them both slowly.

But 260,000 years?? Once he sees her, he's definetly not letting her go.

Poor liansong is next up for the heartbreak

Though there’s still the awkwardness of him being engaged...yikes. Shao Wan won’t be happy about that

• LOL 3

9 minutes ago, Megan said:

Though there’s still the awkwardness of him being engaged...yikes. Shao Wan won’t be happy about that

Be aware that this part of the story might be completely changed. It might not even exist. She said it depends on how this current book ends and when she joins Bodhi Fate to the overall storyline. So I wouldn't take that as bible. I would suggest people treat that book as a blank slate. 

Anything can happen.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

32 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Be aware that this part of the story might be completely changed. It might not even exist. She said it depends on how this current book ends and when she joins Bodhi Fate to the overall storyline. So I wouldn't take that as bible. I would suggest people treat that book as a blank slate. 

Anything can happen.

Exactly, I'm basing everything off whats she's confirmed and what's been introduced in the current novels. But..him being engaged does bring in the angst, I mean it wouldn't be that easy to be together again after generations and generations being apart. Tang Qi knows how to make us pull our hair out lol

• LOL 2
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

As for Dong Hua, he had his one true love so late in his life because he had to be the ultimate peacekeeper first for the world and bring in stability. It can't be coincidence that both the both the sons of Fushen are back from their long sleeps, when Dijun had fallen in love. ^_^

That reminds me. Mo Yuan had a discount of 70,000 where he isn't in pain from missing his love. Made it more bearable, me thinks!

• Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, Ninky said:

That reminds me. Mo Yuan had a discount of 70,000 where he isn't in pain from missing his love. Made it more bearable, me thinks!

He needed that rest so that he is ready for Shao Wan's dissing when she wakes. ;)

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

On 5/19/2021 at 1:04 PM, Ninky said:

He was to busy mending his soul to be in pain, but that still leaven 190.000 years of hurt. :(  I wonder if that is why he became such a skilled wine maker. His wine is much stronger than Zhe Yan's; perhaps for a reason? 

On 5/19/2021 at 6:53 AM, MayanEcho said:

The artist loves TPB, Eternal Love, Eternal Love of Dream, and audio reading/drama of the book. If I remember correctly, artist has books in different languages of TPB. ^_^

Love the drawing on her twitter background profile of FJ and DJ. :fullofhearts:

On 5/19/2021 at 12:51 PM, Bai Gun Gun said:

Exactly, I'm basing everything off whats she's confirmed and what's been introduced in the current novels. But..him being engaged does bring in the angst, I mean it wouldn't be that easy to be together again after generations and generations being apart. Tang Qi knows how to make us pull our hair out lol

She sure does! :lol: 

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2

Currently watching EL ep 9. I have to say the FJ of EL disappoints me so much. She would steal DH’s bells that are used to alert him of Qing Cang! And her actions remind me of the demon ladies who snuck into DH’s bed. Not that she stole the bells yet.

at least ELOD FJ knew to give up after Qingti’s sacrifice, but EL doesn’t even after causing DH so much trouble

it seems like Yan Zhi is the best princess. She is so kind and filial.

Also they make the fox king so ... indecisive for a king.... in EL

8 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Love the drawing on her twitter background profile of FJ and DJ. 

Yeah, hope she'd post the full drawing later. :)

She re-tweeted the post shared below on DH and FJ's "evolution". 

I hope the artist would also illustrate later her interpretation of DH and FJ's battle wedding finery. She usually draws in chibi style, but her other drawings that aren't chibis are also beautiful.

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Currently watching EL ep 9. I have to say the FJ of EL disappoints me so much. She would steal DH’s bells that are used to alert him of Qing Cang! And her actions remind me of the demon ladies who snuck into DH’s bed. Not that she stole the bells yet.

at least ELOD FJ knew to give up after Qingti’s sacrifice, but EL doesn’t even after causing DH so much trouble

Also they make the fox king so ... indecisive for a king.... in EL

The TMOPB script for DH and FJ were badly written though and very different from their true story. 

Bad script or not, their acting were still very much on point. Despite TPB about to be shot with different leads, the voices of the fans were heard, and Vengo and Dilraba reprised their roles.

Which scene and episodes were the Fox King indecisive in TMOPB?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Which scene and episodes were the Fox King indecisive in TMOPB?

Remember when Zhe Yan advised him to break the engagement and the heavenly lord said no. Both presented reasons for their cases and Bai Zhi just kept switching sides that even heavenly lord pointed it out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Megan said:

Remember when Zhe Yan advised him to break the engagement and the heavenly lord said no. Both presented reasons for their cases and Bai Zhi just kept switching sides that even heavenly lord pointed it out.

TMOPB spiced up that scene. ^_^ But yeah, I'd rather the book version was followed:

Emperor Bai Zhi could not bear the humiliation, and he went to the Ninth Sky with Zhe Yan to meet with the Sky Emperor, seeking justice.

The Sky Emperor was furious with his second son. As punishment, he appointed him as the Northern Sea Water Emperor, thus banishing him to the north. After this he issued a sky decree in which he swore on the honor of the Sky Clan that his successor, the future Sky Emperor, would marry Bai Qian. (TTSK, p33)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, Megan said:

imo FJ is to innocent to be compared to these feisty demon ladies. :sweatingbullets:

She does silly (and often hilarious) things to get close to DJ and I too prefer her personality in ELOD, but I think that's because in ELOD we see character growth. In ELOD she starts as this naive and innocent wild child, just like in TMOPB, but from there we see her grow through tribulations. Het character wasn't and couldn't be given much of that due to copyright. 

6 hours ago, Megan said:

She is very kind and thoughtful, but she also turn a blind eye to her father's cruelty, so I wouldn't place her above FJ.

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

She re-tweeted the post shared below on DH and FJ's "evolution". 

I hope the artist would also illustrate later her interpretation of DH and FJ's battle wedding finery. She usually draws in chibi style, but her other drawings that aren't chibis are also beautiful.

I would love to have a visual of that scene! 

• Wiggle 3

TPB Back to Chaos in a Dream

Chapter 3 

E12VMqLVgAMb6c9?format=jpg&name=medium
Credits: @gong_ELD

[ Meeting Father of 260,000 years ago ]

BGG: But I'm very good-looking?

Except for my Father, all other silver-haired uncles and aunties are not good-looking to have a child like me.

DH: (nods) Yes, I think so too.

But I certainly don't remember getting married...

--------------

There's no denial of BGG being the son of DH and FJ.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

24 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

TPB Back to Chaos in a Dream

Chapter 3 

E12VMqLVgAMb6c9?format=jpg&name=medium
Credits: @gong_ELD

[ Meeting Father of 260,000 years ago ]

BGG: But I'm very good-looking?

Except for my Father, all other silver-haired uncles and aunties are not good-looking to have a child like me.

DH: (nods) Yes, I think so too.

But I certainly don't remember getting married...

--------------

There's no denial of BGG being the son of DH and FJ.

If Gun Gun had heard DH reject him as his son because there are other deities with silver hair, here’s my idea of what GG could reply with:

Gun Gun: there is an ancient silver deity more handsome than you? Mother says I get my looks from my father, so I know he must be very handsome.

• LOL 5

17 minutes ago, Megan said:

If Gun Gun had heard DH reject him as his son because there are other deities with silver hair, here’s my idea of what GG could reply with:

Gun Gun: there is an ancient silver deity more handsome than you? Mother says I get my looks from my father, so I know he must be very handsome.

Might be a totally different story if FJ arrived together with BGG. :w00t:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Might be a totally different story if FJ arrived together with BGG. :w00t:

i do find it funny FJ ended up in the garden in her fox form while BGG was outside the ward.

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Romulan said:

i do find it funny FJ ended up in the garden in her fox form while BGG was outside the ward.

It's like in the future, their first meeting at Mt Qinyao she was also a fox, LOL!

And then BGG, his arrival stuns the immortals at the Tai Chen Palace garden (book; drama version in Bihai Cangling). 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Does anyone feel like Xuan Nu got off too lightly? She died in her husband’s arms but she also was a tyrant to her maids. Currently watching the episode where she slaps a loyal maid, and can’t stand her. After all her crimes, I feel like SJ had the harsher punishment. The book never stated what Li Jing did to her in the end.

Also, seeing how SJ cried and tried to use her tribe to make her case for marrying Ye Hua; i suspect she does not truly respect them. In the same way that Jiheng and Zhihe hardly know their dead kin, they only feign respect and sadness in order to gain sympathy or favor from their crush, or those in power.

it’s a shame. SJ and JH’s family were noble. Though Zhihe’s parents sound awful and scheming...their one kernel of goodness was adopting DH.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Does anyone feel like Xuan Nu got off too lightly? She died in her husband’s arms but she also was a tyrant to her maids. Currently watching the episode where she slaps a loyal maid, and can’t stand her. After all her crimes, I feel like SJ had the harsher punishment. The book never stated what Li Jing did to her in the end.

The hundreds of thousands celestial soldiers who needlessly died due to her betrayal would never be paid back.

Xuan Nu was also punished for 70,000 years of her husband's infidelity, and watching servants getting impregnated by him. While she had to use magic and dress up like BQ just to make her absentee husband sleep with her. That the husband is off searching for Siyin rather than stay by her side is another punishment, not to mention her mother refuses to acknowledge her anymore.

Her evil aura is also the reason she could not conceive, and if she does, it would be a sick child.

Whether or not she was killed later on by Li Jing, whatever she did was never enough to make her husband treat her as his wife.

Whether Xuan Nu was punished enough during her lifetime over the number of those who died due to her, then yes, she wasn't punished enough. But if the kind of life she has to live for thousand of years is a punishment, wherein she was never first, and she has to grab to have something because no one gives her anything, then she is thoroughly punished.

Sujin's shenanigans with the Tianjun's approval could have caused a war between Qing Qiu and Jiuchongtian. She also neglected her duties as guard, thus the death of Ye Hua.

IMO, she was punished greatly due to the fact that she was given prestige and honour as the last surviving member of the Sujin tribe, yet she had used her bestowed princess title to no good.

Bai Qian was still kind to her because she stopped at taking back her eyes.

• Insightful 1

53 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

The hundreds of thousands celestial soldiers who needlessly died due to her betrayal would never be paid back.

Xuan Nu was also punished for 70,000 years of her husband's infidelity, and watching servants getting impregnated by him. While she has to use magic and dress up like BQ just to make her absentee husband would sleep with her. That the husband is off searching for Siyin rather than stay by her side is another punishment, not to mention her mother refuses to acknowledge her anymore.

Her evil aura is also the reason she could not conceive, and if she does, it would be a sick child.

Whether or not she was killed later on by Li Jing, whatever she did was never enough to make her husband treat her as his wife.

Whether Xuan Nu was punished enough during her lifetime over the number of those who died due to her, then yes, she wasn't punished enough. But if the kind of life she has to live for thousand of years is a punishment, wherein she was never first, and she has to grab to have something because no one gives her anything, then she is thoroughly punished.

Sujin's shenanigans with the Tianjun's approval could have caused a war between Qing Qiu and Jiuchongtian. She also neglected her duties as guard, thus the death of Ye Hua.

IMO, she was punished greatly due to the fact that she was given prestige and honour as the last surviving member of the Sujin tribe, yet she had used her bestowed princess title to no good.

Bai Qian was still kind to her because she stopped at taking back her eyes.

Xuan Nu did get off too lightly, dont forget she killed any servant who her husband impregnated too.  Most wives of emperors had to deal with that.

She also nearly caused a war by taking both the Celestial Royal grandson and Mo Yuan.

Dont forget to count all the immortals who died because she wanted to harvest their aura for her sick child.  She couldve just chosen to adopt a child.  And all of the Ghost soldiers who died attempting to kill Bai Qian at XN's order.

• Like 2