[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

55 minutes ago, Megan said:

Where did you learn this tidbit of info, plz?

It's typical in ancient/period settings amongst royalty and nobles. I know from the art she has a jade hanging at the bottom of the red sash string. Most nobles carry one like that. 

I think she wears it with her white and red robes.

3 hours ago, Romulan said:

Woot! Getting alerts again or at least got one today.  Im enjoying re-reading these.  

@ChibiLy Ashes of Love got a little bit over done on the misunderstandings though in the drama (I thought we couldve merged a couple episodes together. Im curious what they are planning for their S2). 

Not sure if there was a square. He didnt like Meng's friendship level either at least in the drama just because he really wasnt understanding his own feelings yet.

--I love that BGG realizes all the implications and he isnt going to have ANY of it. 

Yes, he is getting angry on Feng Jiu's behalf actually. 3 year old sized child exploding in rage is pretty scary hahaha!

He wouldn't have grown very much in 10 years so pretty much still roughly the same size. A 30,000 year old immortal is equivalent to a 17 year old human so it'll take him forever to grow taller.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

7 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Yes, he is getting angry on Feng Jiu's behalf actually. 3 year old sized child exploding in rage is pretty scary hahaha!

Very much agree on this! :lol:

Although BGG is the epitome of calmness, it doesn't mean that he can't be like an angry, full on tantrums toddler. For Jiujiu, he would and he could.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Although BGG is the epitome of calmness, it doesn't mean that he can't be like an angry, full on tantrums toddler. For Jiujiu, he would and he could.

I can't help thinking she may have been the one who taught him...

She instructed A'li well enough when he pouted and complained about being removed from his mothers bedroom by his own shameless father. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

He wouldn't have grown very much in 10 years so pretty much still roughly the same size. A 30,000 year old immortal is equivalent to a 17 year old human so it'll take him forever to grow taller.

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Very much agree on this! :lol:

@Ninky  @MayanEcho   Never mind the toddler tantrum -enraged 3yr olds are a factor above that! especially as they are old enough to focus their rage on a particular target and start to plot a proper response.

they have VERY creative minds! 

21 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I can't help thinking she may have been the one who taught him...

She instructed A'li well enough when he pouted and complained about being removed from his mothers bedroom by his own shameless father. :lol:

Yea.. and then she also regretted that a bit when Bai Qian sent her all those scroll books to copy or end up with a blind date banquet!  Never tick off the aunt! 

@Ninky any tips on getting the belt pendants to hang evenly on belt band when the band is made of cloth??

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

OMG THE WORDS DI JUN VOWED TO HER IN FRONT OF THAT TREEEEEEEEE AAHHHHHHHHH!

Tang Qi just made my heart explode LOL

tenor.gif

It was raining of sugar and sweets!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

OMG THE WORDS DI JUN VOWED TO HER IN FRONT OF THAT TREEEEEEEEE AAHHHHHHHHH!

Tang Qi just made my heart explode LOL

u know Im glad I got to read @UnluckyWhiteCat's translation otherwise Id be driven crazy by your teasing tidbits :p!     Also enjoying re-reading the previous chapters.

I really cant wait for some future scene where BGG can use some of what he learned in the past to either deliberately or inadvertently tease Zhe Lan!

Plus Feng Jiu is great at drawing so maybe she can capture and show some scenes from the past?

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, Romulan said:

u know Im glad I got to read @UnluckyWhiteCat's translation otherwise Id be driven crazy by your teasing tidbits :p!     Also enjoying re-reading the previous chapters.

I really cant wait for some future scene where BGG can use some of what he learned in the past to either deliberately or inadvertently tease Zhe Lan!

Plus Feng Jiu is great at drawing so maybe she can capture and show some scenes from the past?

This is taking me slightly longer to translate as I had to look up sanskrit flower names and translate ancient style marital vows and this chapter has a lot of notes at least 15 notes. so please be patient everyone. I have to list the flowers as well. I found all their relevant names in sanskrit.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

14 minutes ago, Ninky said:

This is taking me slightly longer to translate as I had to look up sanskrit flower names and translate ancient style marital vows and this chapter has a lot of notes at least 15 notes. so please be patient everyone. I have to list the flowers as well. I found all their relevant names in sanskrit.

Any chance at the notes later on showing how does each flower looks like? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Any chance at the notes later on showing how does each flower looks like? 

maybe after posting, because that will be a bit of work to do.

• Like 1

hehehe 

Snippet 5:

"Although Feng Jiu had seen many great aspects of the world, she had truly never experienced such a scene before. The solemn atmosphere was contagious, and her heart couldn’t help but beat in a continuous staccato." 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Random late night thoughts. 

1. Im hoping that Tang Qi can bring in the Die Feng Character/Senior disciple drama character to a future books even if he cant be the 2nd son of the Water King. 

2.  Isnt it interesting that 2 of the Water King's spouse are related to serpents? 

Of course we got Sang Ji and Shao Xin, but  Su Moye's mom is empress of the serpents which was why he was able to save Ar'lanru from the snake pit and why he could safely enter the formation later?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Random late night thoughts. 

1. Im hoping that Tang Qi can bring in the Die Feng Character/Senior disciple drama character to a future books even if he cant be the 2nd son of the Water King. 

2.  Isnt it interesting that 2 of the Water King's spouse are related to serpents? 

Of course we got Sang Ji and Shao Xin, but  Su Moye's mom is empress of the serpents which was why he was able to save Ar'lanru from the snake pit and why he could safely enter the formation later?

Die Feng does not exist in the books, he was the sole creation of the script writers. The eldest disciple was someone else not featured at all in the drama.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Die Feng does not exist in the books, he was the sole creation of the script writers. The eldest disciple was someone else not featured at all in the drama.

Right thats what I meant by drama character. should I have said drama -only? -- but the personality was so great I was hoping that maybe Tang Qi could create a character of a similar personality into one of the future books.  

That role and the actors role as the Doctor in Legend of FuYao are really well done.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

30 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Right thats what I meant by drama character. should I have said drama -only? -- but the personality was so great I was hoping that maybe Tang Qi could create a character of a similar personality into one of the future books.  

That role and the actors role as the Doctor in Legend of FuYao are really well done.

She'll probably do so as there are still several books to come. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

snippet #6 Back to Chaos in a Dream Chapter 7

"Di Jun picked up the Sceptre of the Pārijāta Tree that had been floating in mid-air once again. Feng Jiu exclaimed in disbelief, “You… you still intend to carry on with our marriage ceremony?"

---

Don't you know that Di Jun would do anything for you by now? :hooray2:

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

"Di Jun picked up the Sceptre of the Pārijāta Tree that had been floating in mid-air once again. Feng Jiu exclaimed in disbelief, “You… you still intend to carry on with our marriage ceremony?"

What could also be in her mind, poor thing, before DH went ahead with the ceremony: Whenever we want to have a proper wedding ceremony, something happens...It would be the same if I also agreed to have that make-up wedding ceremony.

But he shows that if he can fight his battles while with her, if he can do his other duties for the World without leaving her side, nothing would stop him getting married to FJ. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

@MayanEcho I had the same thought, TQ cannot miss the opportunity to create a crisis for our couple, again. But of course this time round, she decided to let them both have their happy moment, a very grand scale one. 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

16 hours ago, Ninky said:

snippet #6 Back to Chaos in a Dream Chapter 7

---

Don't you know that Di Jun would do anything for you by now? :hooray2:

14 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

What could also be in her mind, poor thing, before DH went ahead with the ceremony: Whenever we want to have a proper wedding ceremony, something happens...It would be the same if I also agreed to have that make-up wedding ceremony.

But he shows that if he can fight his battles while with her, if he can do his other duties for the World without leaving her side, nothing would stop him getting married to FJ. :wub:

Well to be fair, not just "something" but "stability of the world" type problem.

Lets face it, the trope would be for him to kiss her and tell her he d be back after taking care of that threat, and they d postpone while he fought and ended up seriously injured or something. 

Its a great inversion of the trope, not only is there is no postponing but such a thing was accounted for! 

Its a masterful stroke for him to show that no matter what he wont just leave her hanging "for the greater good" but that he will do right by her AND save the world this time. (so both no guilt and proving love!)  (And in such style!!!  Once Shao Wen hears of this Mo Yuan is going to have big expectations to fill for their eventual wedding! Not to mention Zu Ti's expectations of Lian Song) 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1