[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Bunch of idiots. 

The Elders accepted the Article of Impeachment and had a private legislative assembly. They voted on a 17 to 3 poll count in favour of the affirmative, and approved the impeachment of Di Jun.

He now knows how many and who exactly wanted him out. :skull:

Hence, after their impeachment vote, the seventeen Elders reportedly fell ill one after another, quietly hiding in their official mansions. They even made sufficient fortifications to their homes, afraid that Di Jun would show up at their doorsteps to settle his scores with them.

As if this will stop DH if he wants to waste his time going after them, LOL! 

• LOL 5

PB: Back to Chaos in a Dream 

Chapter 4 

Feng Jiu wears Dong Hua's night clothes when she couldn't find hers. She then makes her 140,000 years old husband in the past uncomfortable, as he shares his bed with his wife 260,000 years from the future. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Currently watching EL again. Curious, after all Yao Guang did to BQ, why was MY going to marry her in Bodhi’s Fate?

does anybody else find that Yao Guang was let off too easily? SY was tortured and YG just got humiliated. How is that justice?

when FJ was being tortured in Fanyin Valley, DH actually sped up a death trial.

also, is it just me or is the heavenly lord being quite meddlesome to dare tell Mo Yuan, the first emperor of the realm, what not to do?

Actually come to think of it, Bai Zhi is probably more powerful than the sky lord...why is the ancient fox king being deferent to that corrupt sky lord? Just because they have a bigger army or whatnot?

I wonder why Si Yin is being punished for being kidnapped

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

21 minutes ago, Megan said:

Currently watching EL again. Curious, after all Yao Guang did to BQ, why was MY going to marry her in Bodhi’s Fate?

does anybody else find that Yao Guang was let off too easily? SY was tortured and YG just got humiliated. How is that justice?

Was Yao Guang the bride in the Bodhi Fate prologue? I rather think the humiliation was good since she leaves Kunlun, and she won't get close to Mo Yuan anymore, whom she obviously likes. A big fight won't be a good idea though between two ancients. They'll end up more injured and more vulnerable or unable to counter Qing Cang. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Bunch of idiots. 

The Elders accepted the Article of Impeachment and had a private legislative assembly. They voted on a 17 to 3 poll count in favour of the affirmative, and approved the impeachment of Di Jun.

He now knows how many and who exactly wanted him out. :skull:

Hence, after their impeachment vote, the seventeen Elders reportedly fell ill one after another, quietly hiding in their official mansions. They even made sufficient fortifications to their homes, afraid that Di Jun would show up at their doorsteps to settle his scores with them.

As if this will stop DH if he wants to waste his time going after them, LOL! 

Well, their decision to vote against DH to begin with does not give the impression of inteligence... Idiots indeed. 

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Was Yao Guang the bride in the Bodhi Fate prologue? I rather think the humiliation was good since she leaves Kunlun, and she won't get close to Mo Yuan anymore, whom she obviously likes. A big fight won't be a good idea though between two ancients. They'll end up more injured and more vulnerable or unable to counter Qing Cang. 

I thought it was Yao Guang. She was also his classmate if I’m not mistaken

• Blob 1

35 minutes ago, Megan said:

also, is it just me or is the heavenly lord being quite meddlesome to dare tell Mo Yuan, the first emperor of the realm, what not to do?

Like @MayanEcho said, I think he's afraid one or both get injured and may not be up to task in dealing with Qing Cang. It's stupid though; he's seriously underestimating the both of them imo. 

35 minutes ago, Megan said:

Actually come to think of it, Bai Zhi is probably more powerful than the sky lord...why is the ancient fox king being deferent to that corrupt sky lord? Just because they have a bigger army or whatnot?

I wonder why Si Yin is being punished for being kidnapped

Was she punished for being kidnapped? I thought she was punished because she left the mountain prior to her kidnapping. Also Mo Yuan wanted to keep her from going anywhere by giving her a lot to copy while he is absent. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

25 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Like @MayanEcho said, I think he's afraid one or both get injured and may not be up to task in dealing with Qing Cang. It's stupid though; he's seriously underestimating the both of them imo. 

Was she punished for being kidnapped? I thought she was punished because she left the mountain prior to her kidnapping. Also Mo Yuan wanted to keep her from going anywhere by giving her a lot to copy while he is absent. 

Yeah the punishment was for the previous day sneaking off with 16th disciple. 

Sky Lord thought that they might be too upset at each other to be willing to both deal with the Ghost King.  Mo Yuan cleared that up nicely.

I believe the Fox King wasnt informed about this right away. If he had... oy.  Remember he is also a peer of them.   The Fox Clan just prefers to rule their realm and stay out of other things. 

Its why the Sky Lord wants a marriage alliance with them. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, Romulan said:

Yeah the punishment was for the previous day sneaking off with 16th disciple. 

Sky Lord thought that they might be too upset at each other to be willing to both deal with the Ghost King.  Mo Yuan cleared that up nicely.

I believe the Fox King wasnt informed about this right away. If he had... oy.  Remember he is also a peer of them.   The Fox Clan just prefers to rule their realm and stay out of other things. 

Its why the Sky Lord wants a marriage alliance with them. 

Here is the excerpt from our translation of Tang Qi’s articles on their relationship. They are of equal standing and is why the shows got it wrong, they are never subservient to the Heavenly Clan, hope this helps explain a little more:

The intermarriage between the Heavenly Clan of the Nine Heavens and the Qing Qiu Arctic Fox Clan, after a long-drawn-out deliberation between the heads of both clans and going through two hundred and twenty-three years of arduous and extraordinary negotiation, a date was finally set for the wedding to take place at the beginning of this year.

— [ Three Lives Three Worlds Pillow Book ] Prologue

The keyword to note in the marriage between Bai Qian and Ye Hua is “intermarriage”.

The word intermarriage generally means two equal country or clans combining and expanding their power and social hierarchy. In order to benefit both parties or to establish peace, a political marriage is frequently used as a tool to create an alliance between countries or clans.

In ancient history, there were several untested intermarriage alliances such as the one between the Yellow Emperor and the Xi Ling Clan and Yu the Great and the Mount Tu Clan. Other historical evidence of intermarriages includes the origins of the famous idiom “The good terms of the Qin and the Jin court” (秦晋之好).

The idiom originated from the many intermarriages that cemented the alliance between the Qin and Jin imperial courts.

It was through intermarriage alliances that Duke Mu of Qin and Duke Wen of Jin safeguarded their ranks as part of the Five Hegemons of the Spring and Autumn period.

The Qing Qiu and the Heavenly Clan relationship is more like an equal partnership of shared benefits. However, as both are powerful God clans since the Era of Antiquity, their first priority is to maintain peace within their own territories and will not easily stir up conflicts between the two clans.

Forty-six years ago, to strengthen the influence of the Heavenly Clan and to restrain both the Demon race and the Ghost race, the Heavenly Lord sent his second son, Sang Ji to Qing Qiu to ask the Nine-tailed Fox King for his only daughter’s hand-in-marriage.

— [ Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms ] Chapter 4

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

She wasn’t she was the daughter of

some immortal Lord from another immortal Mountain I believe. It’s not Yao Guang. I will read the chinese version of the draft again to confirm.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

16 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Here is the excerpt from our translation of Tang Qi’s articles on their relationship. They are of equal standing and is why the shows got it wrong, they are never subservient to the Heavenly Clan, hope this helps explain a little more:

The intermarriage between the Heavenly Clan of the Nine Heavens and the Qing Qiu Arctic Fox Clan, after a long-drawn-out deliberation between the heads of both clans and going through two hundred and twenty-three years of arduous and extraordinary negotiation, a date was finally set for the wedding to take place at the beginning of this year.

— [ Three Lives Three Worlds Pillow Book ] Prologue

The keyword to note in the marriage between Bai Qian and Ye Hua is “intermarriage”.

The word intermarriage generally means two equal country or clans combining and expanding their power and social hierarchy. In order to benefit both parties or to establish peace, a political marriage is frequently used as a tool to create an alliance between countries or clans.

In ancient history, there were several untested intermarriage alliances such as the one between the Yellow Emperor and the Xi Ling Clan and Yu the Great and the Mount Tu Clan. Other historical evidence of intermarriages includes the origins of the famous idiom “The good terms of the Qin and the Jin court” (秦晋之好).

The idiom originated from the many intermarriages that cemented the alliance between the Qin and Jin imperial courts.

It was through intermarriage alliances that Duke Mu of Qin and Duke Wen of Jin safeguarded their ranks as part of the Five Hegemons of the Spring and Autumn period.

The Qing Qiu and the Heavenly Clan relationship is more like an equal partnership of shared benefits. However, as both are powerful God clans since the Era of Antiquity, their first priority is to maintain peace within their own territories and will not easily stir up conflicts between the two clans.

Forty-six years ago, to strengthen the influence of the Heavenly Clan and to restrain both the Demon race and the Ghost race, the Heavenly Lord sent his second son, Sang Ji to Qing Qiu to ask the Nine-tailed Fox King for his only daughter’s hand-in-marriage.

— [ Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms ] Chapter 4

She wasn’t she was the daughter of

some immortal Lord from another immortal Mountain I believe. It’s not Yao Guang. I will read the chinese version of the draft again to confirm.

Hmm...but then when Su Jin sent her maid to lecture them...wasn’t there outrage because the villagers thought that the sky clan was being snobbish about them?

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

LALALALA! 

Read the original Chinese Version of Epiogue plus chapter one of Bodhi Fate, there was no mention of the bride's name or who she was and which family, now I'll run through her other articles to see where it was mentioned. Maybe the Q and As had them. I'm reading them now.

Just saw what Tang Qi said in the comments section. She said don't take this version as the final version as she is making changes to the timeline and the overall settings so it may not even start the same way or have any weddings in the one that would be published. Plus it was written in first person and from her current style, it is more likely to be changed to third person like Pillow Book and Lotus Step.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Hmm...but then when Su Jin sent her maid to lecture them...wasn’t there outrage because the villagers thought that the sky clan was being snobbish about them?

Sending a maid to lecture a queen's subjects on what someone think is right about morals is breaking protocols and an insult. The people of Bai Qian will be understandably outraged.

Different countries or kingdoms =>  different rules, different customs and cultures. Those should be respected even if it's against what you deem correct. Any protests would go through diplomatic channels. 

Not looking down on maids, but you simply don't send a maid to a foreign land to tell the people there that their ruler is capricious.

That was just one of the shenanigans of the jealous side consort, which proves she isn't fit to be the future Heavenly Empress.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Sending a maid to lecture a queen's subjects on what someone think is right about morals is breaking protocols and an insult. The people of Bai Qian will be understandably outraged.

Different countries or kingdoms =>  different rules, different customs and cultures. Those should be respected even if it's against what you deem correct.

Nor looking down on maids, but you simply don't send a maid to a foreign land to tell the people there that their ruler is capricious.

That was just one of the shenanigans of the jealous side consort, which proves she isn't fit to be the future Heavenly Empress.

Her brothers absolutely DID not like the fact that this crown prince has a secondary consort...

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

32 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Read the original Chinese Version of Epiogue plus chapter one of Bodhi Fate, there was no mention of the bride's name or who she was and which family, now I'll run through her other articles to see where it was mentioned. Maybe the Q and As had them. I'm reading them now.

There must be a backstory on Mo Yuan getting married to someone else. Speculating that it will be mentioned either at the end of Lotus Steps volume 4, or in Bodhi Fate final edit for prologue and first few chapters.

26 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Her brothers absolutely DID not like the fact that this crown prince has a secondary consort...

That also. They aren't openly showing this displeasure over the matter to Jiuchongtian, they aren't even minding much tha Ye Hua is also having a son, but Sujin and Xinnu...face palm.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

Working on the concluding Chapter of Back to Chaos in a Dream. Giving it a thorough read now in Chinese before translating. 

And it's hilarious in some parts!

Fei Wei got punished because he implied that Di Hou was stupid LOL. 

He had to copy Zhe Yan's book 30 times over ouch!

It was unfortunate that Di Jun happened to walk past and overheard their conversation.

IMO she isn't stupid, she is just a very young girl. She is no more than a 17 year old young girl in human terms. 

Once she gets to around 100,000 years old, she will change somewhat. Lian Song is about 90,000 years old, and he is quite mature in thinking so yeah that's the age where they will be somewhat more stable.

Like what Bai Qian said to Ye Hua, she couldn't possibly still act silly like she did at around his age hahaha. She had to look mature since the Eight Realms respectfully calls her "Aunt" . And if you think about it, when Feng Jiu gets to that age, the Eight Realms will also call her "Aunt" LOL. So many respectful titles she holds - Queen of Qing Qiu, Di Hou and Aunt. The woman of multiple titles!

Everytime i hear people whining in ViKi or youtube about Feng Jiu's maturity, I really wanted to slap them. How old was Bai Qian? She was 140,000 years old in the latter part of the show but the reason why her parents shipped her to her Father's best friend's school was because she behaved atrociously. And they couldn't control her wilfulness. She was around 50,000 years old then. I think in comparison at 30,000 Feng Jiu is very mature. She even raised her son on her own for 200 years!

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

26 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Everytime i hear people whining in ViKi or youtube about Feng Jiu's maturity, I really wanted to slap them. How old was Bai Qian? She was 140,000 years old but the reason why her parents shipped her to her Father's best friend's school was because she behaved atrociously. And they couldn't control her wilfulness. She was around 50,000 years old then. I think in comparison at 30,000 Feng Jiu is very mature. She even raised her son on her own!

I rarely read the comments anymore. It makes me doubtful if the poster and I watched the same drama. :lol:

That FJ can cook for herself meant that she is way more sensible on things that really matter, even if she's mischievous with her friends and classmates. Though that may mean she learned to cook or else aunt and niece will make do with food that do not needing cooking.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Oh and Mo Yuan's physical appearance was the same 260,000 years ago and 260,000 years later so I guess he wouldn't have a beard and would actually look exactly like Ye Hua. There is an artbook that I have for Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms and he doesn't have facial hair. Here are their pictures from that artbook. They are handsome beautiful men, aren't they? Worthy of being called sissy by the all famous Shao Wan?

Mo Yuan :

spacer.png

Ye Hua:

spacer.png

A few others as hidden:

Spoiler

Mo Yuan and Bai Qian in some setttings:

spacer.png

Crying on Mo Yuan after Bai Qian had her heart broken by Li Jing:

spacer.png

Mo Yuan in a deep sleep after sacrificing to the bell:

spacer.png

Mo Yuan, the God of War:

spacer.png

His brother, Ye Hua:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 3

8 hours ago, Ninky said:

Oh and Mo Yuan's physical appearance was the same 260,000 years ago and 260,000 years later so I guess he wouldn't have a beard and would actually look exactly like Ye Hua. There is an artbook that I have for Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms and he doesn't have facial hair. Here are their pictures from that artbook. They are handsome beautiful men, aren't they? Worthy of being called sissy by the all famous Shao Wan?

Shao Wan will call them now as the pretty black and white twins...

Thanks for posting the illustrations of these two brothers. They are really pretty boys, hahaha! :love:

• Like 1
  • Blob 3