[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Would you rather:

1) teach Dong Hua how to cook or Feng Jiu Buddhist sutras?

2) steal one of Nie Chuyin’s fur pelts or steal food from Feng Jiu

3) wear clothes from Qingqiu or the Sky Kingdom (it doesn’t have to be limited to ELOD; the clothes from the movie were gorgeous!)

1) I can't cook and have no understanding on the topic of Buddhist sultras. I will probably end up getting lectured instead.

2) Food from FJ. If she finds out I am starving,  she would cook me a feast!

3) Qingqiu. The clothing seems beautiful and practical. The pastel colours are so gorgeous to look at.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I'd risk the fur pelts. I don't want to face DH over food.

23 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Food from FJ. If she finds out I am starving,  she would cook me a feast!

Don’t forget, Feng Jiu is known for her gluttony. I don’t think she would suffer food thieves easily lol

It was said Qingqiu suffered poor harvesting one year when she was young, and the loquat trees in the kingdom did not bear fruits. Nonetheless, behind her house stood a great loquat tree whose fruits were plump and sweet. Living nearby was a small greedy wolf. After he stole a few fruits from her, she had relentlessly hunted him down for three whole years

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

31 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

The fox clan members are naturally alluring. :love: But I'm happy BGG gets to know his father first.

Fuzi immediately knew. Even Jielu who has a crush with DH also knew he's smitten. This young lass however was so levelheaded, she never took it against FJ, and even got over the crush without fuss.

DH's eyes are different even with a casual look to FJ. The warmth, affection, the smoulder were all there, and he sees all of her. Even the minutest things like the minuscule tea leaf in her hair, or that knot in her hair. Wasn't he cute when he was asking if she didn't comb her hair? :relaxed:

JH couldn't accept with grace that "teacher" has someone in his heart who makes him smile. She was so petty competing with FJ by reasoning there's no partner for her - she could have been just grouped with Jielu and Xiao Yan for the tea making. JH is so shameless too, she actually followed DH and FJ to eavesdrop! 

Little does JH know that the competing acts she is displaying for everyone to see are just showing why DH loves FJ, not her!

Everyone in Fanyin Valley seem to know about DH infatuated toward FJ including JH but funnily enough that XY didn't realize that FJ also loved DH, not untill JieLu tells him about it.

At the Tea class , I was miffed ..I really don't like the way JH smile smugly when DH announced she is the winner.. RME...I mean seriously..she was practically a teacher also there's her age , at least thrice or more ...older than FJ.

The butterfly shape of her supposedly uncombed hair, the way DH trying to flatten it .. Aww..they're so cute..

And DH..what a way to purposely tease and embarrassing your love interest...lol.

58 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I think its a mixture! 

But if it is strictly in one category, 

DH's love towards FJ is steady.

He said alot for his standard, but not enough for FJ to understand.

SXR's love for Xiao Jiu is more passionate.  Not that it wouldn't turn steady if he was given the time and opportunity. SXR did and said alot to prove his love for her.

To the point that his people thought he was mesmerized by Xiao Jiu. He wasn't really. I thought he just knew Xiao Jiu is the right one for him and she would never intentionally harm him.

What do you think?

BGG is like FJ. They both appreciate good looks!

42 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

SXR - passionate and steady. Can't say he's very courteous to Xiao Jiu - as the emperor, he's more used to courtesy accorded to him. Rather, he's having possessive streaks, like that roasted yam, or who tasted the sorrowless pastry first.

DH - courteous, steady, passionate kind of love. He loves her as she is, respects her views and preferences. As for the passionate part... too many! Let's just watch again! Hahaha! Well, that heart ring. I think that's all of his love for FJ - he loves her so much, he would continuously protect her, even after the end of his life.

:heart4:

IMO .. agreed with FJ about ShenYe

And agreed with you both about SXR and DH.

:dorakiss:

Just an added the three versions of DH, they all also has the same type of love.. selflessness pure and loyal's kind of love.. they're fated to be crazily in love with one woman in their lifetime.

Apparently TQs hero is also the type I loved very much.

The fact that Dongfeng will be infinite , forever exist make me feel happy..

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Megan said:

After he stole a few fruits from her, she had relentlessly hunted him down for three whole years

This is how FJ got skilled in breaking into somebody's home, by tracking her classmate Gray-wolf didi.

4 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

At the Tea class , I was miffed ..I really don't like the way JH smile smugly when DH announced she is the winner.. RME...I mean seriously..she was practically a teacher also there's her age , at least thrice or more ...older than FJ.

Her smile was so unpleasant.

The butterfly shape of her supposedly uncombed hair, the way DH trying to flatten it .. Aww..they're so cute..

And DH..what a way to purposely tease and embarrassing your love interest...lol.

One of their heartwarming scenes, even if the ice-skate dance pose was not needed. :lol:

I like how his eyes seemed to sparkle as he slightly smiled when FJ went.

Just an added the three versions of DH, they all also has the same type of love.. selflessness pure and loyal's kind of love.. they're fated to be crazily in love with one woman in their lifetime.

Apparently TQs hero is also the type I loved very much.

The fact that Dongfeng will be infinite , forever exist make me feel happy..

DH can only love FJ in whatever form and whichever lifetime they are together, just as FJ's heart was his from the first time they've met. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Megan said:

Don’t forget, Feng Jiu is known for her gluttony. I don’t think she would suffer food thieves easily lol

It was said Qingqiu suffered poor harvesting one year when she was young, and the loquat trees in the kingdom did not bear fruits. Nonetheless, behind her house stood a great loquat tree whose fruits were plump and sweet. Living nearby was a small greedy wolf. After he stole a few fruits from her, she had relentlessly hunted him down for three whole years

If that small greedy wolf are the one as known as grey wolf Didi just as @MayanEcho said he and FJ become best friend ever since..and FJ had pranked him "giving" a birth to a rabbit when he was sleeping.. wasn't it?

And the one who taking noted for FJ throughout her disappearance from school.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

If that small greedy wolf are the one as known as grey wolf Didi just as @MayanEcho said he and FJ become best friend ever since..and FJ had pranked him "giving" a birth to a rabbit when he was sleeping.. wasn't it?

And the one who taking noted for FJ throughout her disappearance from school.

His character was "merged" to Jingwei's in the adaptation. :)

Jingwei BTW was the reason the Biyinao and Qing Qiu tribes have some friction. FJ readily assumed the identity of the princess of the owl clan (story concocted by Meng Shao to also save himself) rather than reveal her true real status due to this issue.

She worried too that war between the tribes will happen if she's discovered in her Tiancang cage while being attacked by the snakes (PB1, p307).

• Like 2

A question I'm posting for @Megan who can't log into Soompi at the moment: 

While Dong Hua was trying to figure out a way to get rid of Xiao Yan without killing him, what do you think his plan was for making Feng Jiu his queen? Keep in mind that this was just after the saha fruit contest and before Lian Song comes to tell him the truth.

Thoughts?

Personally I think he was probably a little too preoccupied with getting rid of Xiao Yan to be thinking too much about that. 

They're just adding more and more emojis every day, when would you even use this one? XD:poledance:

• LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

They're just adding more and more emojis every day, when would you even use this one? XD

There's also a new twerk reaction. :Twerkdatbutt:

Not sure when to use it. :lol: 

1 hour ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

While Dong Hua was trying to figure out a way to get rid of Xiao Yan without killing him, what do you think his plan was for making Feng Jiu his queen? Keep in mind that this was just after the saha fruit contest and before Lian Song comes to tell him the truth.

He has acknowledged to himself that only FJ is the one who can be his empress. Beyond that, no plans yet. Or he thought fleetingly that it would be as tradition and norms would require for a marriage alliance with the daughter of Qing Qiu.

As for XY, DH was planning to make him disappear without FJ noticing he's gone. 

If DH wasn't considering how FJ would feel, and what one besotted goddess will think (wink wink), he will merrily use the Cang'he sword, or use his magic skills to send him off somewhere wherein he can't return without his intervention. Or perhaps, make him invisible to FJ. 

He surely had the same train of thoughts over Sheng Ye. He couldn't bear the thought of FJ attracted to somebody else other than him. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

His character was "merged" to Jingwei's in the adaptation. :)

Jingwei BTW was the reason the Biyinao and Qing Qiu tribes have some friction. FJ readily assumed the identity of the princess of the owl clan (story concocted by Meng Shao to also save himself) rather than reveal her true real status due to this issue.

She worried too that war between the tribes will happen if she's discovered in her Tiancang cage while being attacked by the snakes (PB1, p307).

True 

Merged from three characters 

Bifeng , Jingwei and grey wolf Didi.

But I can't remember who's Jingwei in the books(PB).:innocent:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

True 

Merged from three characters 

Bifeng , Jingwei and grey wolf Didi.

But I can't remember who's Jingwei in the books(PB).:innocent:

The 4th uncle's bird that FJ plucked its feathers off while he's napping. Just once the bird is mentioned, in PB1, p34.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The 4th uncle's bird that FJ plucked its feathers off while he's napping. Just once the bird is mentioned, in PB1, p34.

So Bifeng and Jingwei were different characters. I used to think Bifeng and Jingwei were the same one ,  Bai Zhen's mount animal.

And I seem to remember Zhe Yan had trained some mount animal for Bai Zhen's . It's not Jingwei , wasn't it?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

A question I'm posting for @Megan who can't log into Soompi at the moment: 

Thoughts?

Personally I think he was probably a little too preoccupied with getting rid of Xiao Yan to be thinking too much about that. 

They're just adding more and more emojis every day, when would you even use this one? XD:poledance:

Thank you so much! I tried your advice and it worked!

13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He has acknowledged to himself that only FJ is the one who can be his empress. Beyond that, no plans yet. Or he thought fleetingly that it would be as tradition and norms would require for a marriage alliance with the daughter of Qing Qiu.

As for XY, DH was planning to make him disappear without FJ noticing he's gone. 

If DH wasn't considering how FJ would feel, and what one besotted goddess will think (wink wink), he will merrily use the Cang'he sword, or use his magic skills to send him off somewhere wherein he can't return without his intervention. Or perhaps, make him invisible to FJ. 

He surely had the same train of thoughts over Sheng Ye. He couldn't bear the thought of FJ attracted to somebody else other than him. 

I don't think Dong Hua was thinking clearly when he tried to get rid of Xiao Yan. Sure, he wanted to get rid of the competition, but I don't think he took into account Feng Jiu's reaction when she got peaches instead of the saha fruit. He just alienated her further.

Hmm...it's possible he would have asked for her hand by visiting her parents...but considering how hard she tries to avoid him...maybe Dong Hua should ask her first. After Xiao Yan's advice, Feng Jiu would think he is going all out in making Jiheng jealous. But then this is before Dong Hua learned of their ideal son-in-law, of which he doesn't not fit the description.

Now that we discussed that, here's another food for thought: between the time Lian Song told Dong Hua the truth, and Xiao Yan informing them that Feng Jiu was missing/in danger, Dong Hua was thinking about what to do because he thinks she hates him. what do you think Dong Hua would have done? Personally I say he would have used the amnesia potion, but i don't think it could work on such a long range of memories....

Would you rather:

1) starve or eat Dong Hua's inedible fish for the rest of your life?

2) be in Zhonglin or Lian Song's role when it concerns Dijun?

3) call Dong Hua a weirdo, or prank Dijun? in the first case, Feng Jiu was kidnapped. in the second case...come to think of it, the only time I saw someone pranking DH is when FJ feigned amnesia...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

So Bifeng and Jingwei were different characters. I used to think Bifeng and Jingwei were the same one ,  Bai Zhen's mount animal.

And I seem to remember Zhe Yan had trained some mount animal for Bai Zhen's . It's not Jingwei , wasn't it?

They're different bird steeds of 4th uncle Bai Zhen. Bi Fang was captured with the aid of Zhe Yan. He said he's feisty and hard to tame. :)

There's another new riding animal Zhe Yan was training, the Chiyan beast. FJ wanted to join Zhe Yan in taming it for Bai Zhen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Dong Hua was thinking about what to do because he thinks she hates him. what do you think Dong Hua would have done?

Have a no-holds-barred conversation with her for a start. The next course of actions would depend on the verbal and visible cues.

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Would you rather:

1) starve or eat Dong Hua's inedible fish for the rest of your life?

2) be in Zhonglin or Lian Song's role when it concerns Dijun?

3) call Dong Hua a weirdo, or prank Dijun?

1. Eat the fish. At least it's cooked. 

2. Zhong Lin, the executor.

3. Prank Dijun. Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

They're different bird steeds of 4th uncle Bai Zhen. Bi Fang was captured with the aid of Zhe Yan. He said he's feisty and hard to tame. :)

There's another new riding animal Zhe Yan was training, the Chiyan beast. FJ wanted to join Zhe Yan in taming it for Bai Zhen.

Thanks for the clarification:fingerheartx:

Interesting thing about Jingwei bird(PB1 p34) and Chiyan Beast (PB1 p24)

精衛鳥 – Jingwei as recorded in 山海經 Classic of Mountains and Seas was originally
Emperor Yan Di's young daughter who drowned in the East Sea and reincarnated as a white-beaked bird to drop twigs and stones into the sea in order to fill it up.

赤焰獸 Chiyan Beast – After losing to Fire God Zhurong, Water God Gonggong Ben’s

wrath triggered the Heavenly River to flood the world, so to balance the fire & water
forces, Zhurong sent a fire dragon down to Earth. The Chiyan Beast is said to be this
dragon’s descendant.

I just realized that Chiyan Beast in the drama doesn't have wings , that why I thought something amiss about it . Although I thought that Chiyan Beast was good in drama ( btw..great CGI) but It will be great if it's appearance exactly as per described in the book.

PS ; a lot of interesting emojis but I didn't know when/which to use.. I'm kind of confused and a little bit frustrated....lol:crybaby:( not sure if this emoji fitted tho..)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

PS ; a lot of interesting emojis but I didn't know when/which to use.. I'm kind of confused and a little bit frustrated....lol:crybaby:( not sure if this emoji fitted tho..)

There's also a twerk reaction now, and angry was changed to shocked. :lol:

Bi Fang sure looks regal. Red and blue plumages.

畢方鳥 Bifang niao – a bird which resembles a one-legged crane, has red markings on blue plumage, and a white beak. As recorded in 韓非子 Hanfeizi, it is a divine bird that accompanied the Yellow Emperor's chariot when he traveled to an assembly of the gods and demons on Tai Mountain. (PB1, p213)

Huh, at least Bai Zhen won't have a bird ride this time around when Chiyan beast is tamed and trained. :P

Yeah, too bad the Chiyan beast wasn't as in the book. I also wish FJ was made to act like in the novel when she faced off with it, but I guess CGI or shooting it was difficult to execute exactly as in the story. Nonetheless, most of the CGI in ELOD were very good. My favourites are Cang'he in Evil Lotus land, FJ as fox, and the fireflies. 

Will this make you feel better? It's not DH per se, but it's so him. :)

3d69310f286025dc4b4ea8287f8d9914.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Question: 

in the drama, Feng Jiu did not expect Dong Hua to come to her ceremony. Do you think she told him to stay at Taichen until she introduced him to her parents?

but of course Dong Hua would not miss this once in a lifetime ceremony about his Wife!

5 hours ago, Megan said:

I don't think Dong Hua was thinking clearly when he tried to get rid of Xiao Yan. Sure, he wanted to get rid of the competition, but I don't think he took into account Feng Jiu's reaction when she got peaches instead of the saha fruit. He just alienated her further.

If DH knew the reason how important Saha Fruit to FJ, he will gladly help her. Since they were not frankly enough toward each other hence the misunderstanding happened. DH was being unreasonable , making a stupid mistake by given Saha fruit to JH in order to cure her giushui poison because DH also thought he can get rid of JH earliest rather than have to taking care of her for another 2800yrs.

And also maybe DH really thought FJ used Saha Fruit to make a cake for XY which is less important than JH's reasons.

In the sense of morality it's doesn't matter for what FJ used it for.. it's hers because she's the winner. *Sigh..

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Hmm...it's possible he would have asked for her hand by visiting her parents...but considering how hard she tries to avoid him...maybe Dong Hua should ask her first. After Xiao Yan's advice, Feng Jiu would think he is going all out in making Jiheng jealous. But then this is before Dong Hua learned of their ideal son-in-law, of which he doesn't not fit the description.

Although FJ seem to be avoid him and let go of him when actually she's still very much liked/ loved him , that she was being reasonable because she thought of the ill-fated between them and accept they are no fated together after the hardships she've been through. 

In her deepest desires she couldn't give up no matter how hard she tried.

PB2 page 355

She slowly turned around when she sensed something moving beside her.
In the moonlight, she was staring at someone's face. Dijun's sleeping face.
Fengjiu's heart skipped a beat. Or could it be that she wasn't dreaming?
And instead, her deepest desires, the desires that she couldn't give up no
matter how many times she tried, had actually turned into reality
. Because
she wasn't used to it yet, she kept thinking everything was a dream
whenever she woke up each night.

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Now that we discussed that, here's another food for thought: between the time Lian Song told Dong Hua the truth, and Xiao Yan informing them that Feng Jiu was missing/in danger, Dong Hua was thinking about what to do because he thinks she hates him. what do you think Dong Hua would have done? Personally I say he would have used the amnesia potion, but i don't think it could work on such a long range of memories...

PB2 page 32 

There were many things that had happened to her that he did not know,
and perhaps this ignorance was also a mistake in itself, yet he could not
change what had already passed; regret would not help anything.

PB2 page 42

But unlike warfare
strategies where countermeasures could be arranged in advanced, he could only improvise when the time came. Once he saw her reactions, he would
know how to coax her again.

Nothing can't stop DH when he become reasonable..not even heaven's will, fate and destiny.

Since DH already liked/ loved her .. nothing is impossible. DH will do everything/anything to persuade FJ's family to accepted him as Bais son in law. 

Not to forget with his brilliant's mind . DH is really good in improvisation and negotiation.. ' brilliance in the east"

PS: I even thought DH certainly will knelt down Infront of Bai's and then all of them will certainly knelt down to DH as well. And they talked to each other on bended knee and..... FJ is the only one standing/sitting dumbfounded or jaw dropping..lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

PB2 page 42

But unlike warfare
strategies where countermeasures could be arranged in advanced, he could only improvise when the time came. Once he saw her reactions, he would
know how to coax her again.

I'm glad this was narrated in the adaptation. 

As a seasoned warrior, its second nature for DH to plan ahead for possible scenarios. He'd know the strengths and limitations of the army he's leading, as well as the individual capabilities of his fighters.

With FJ though, he can not really chart a course of actions to win her back due to the sea of misunderstandings between them and past hurts over him.

:brokenheart:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1