[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

21 hours ago, Ninky said:

All I can say is he will get seriously roasted and dragged over hot coals. Sigh...

So no different to how he is treated in ELOD? Sounds like the poor guy get no breaks. 

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The courting of DH includes:

1. Deliberately spreading rumors about him and FJ

2. Capturing her as soon as he had the chance

3. Keeping her close, like nobody else that close

4. Outing at Mt Fuyu for the duel

5. Reading everything about FJ

6. Later on, stalking her at Fanyin Valley

7. Giving up cultivation to be with her and to save her

He did all these because:

1. He fell in love with FJ at first sight (he initially didn't knew)

2. He knew Bai Yi has been long looking for a husband for FJ (he dislikes that fact, after he had a good look at her)

3. He must have heard about how many had shown up to the dating banquet for FJ (he's the one who got lucky, mwahahaha)

4. Everywhere she goes, someone crushes on her (including DH, hahahaha)

Can Lian Song and other bachelor deities match DH? :lol: After all, the story on how DH and FJ as a couple is legendary for how much love and devotion they have for each other to defy Destiny. :wub:

:approves:

Great summary. DH have a strategically sound mind. With minimal effect, he cut off potential suitors by fueling rumours between him and FJ. He further sealed the deal at Bing Cang ceremony. 

Poor Bai Yi. When DH mentioned that the whole world knows he is FJ's husband now, he was stating the truth, yet rubbing in the fact that Bai Yi had no choice but to accept him. I felt sorry for Bai Yi for a second. Luckily, DH loves FJ so much and does whatever possible make her happy.

Cough, I think I have a female crush on FJ too. She seems like a fun friend to have around.

DH have the advantage of being a powerful and respected deity. While others, such as Liansong have many other responsibilities and worries to consider. I imagine the other male deities will have different situations and things that they are willing to sacrifice for their better half. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Agreed..:heart1:

DH was a man who will never had to says or regretted anything because he did everything he could in the name of love . He won't felt regret until wanted to beat himself up . He won't have to say these words 

Why I didn't tried ? I should have tried? I should had tried harder? Why? why?

(PS: I don't know how to describe it more perfect.. blame it on my limited English:()

*He doesn't let the weak Destiny or ill fated  to rules over their love. 

*He took a chances and used his own rules/methods to the utmost just to be with Xiao Bai. 

Until at the end destiny and fate bends to Dongfeng's love.

So true. I liked how DH is so confident and never regret his decisions. He soldiers on and focus on the future. These are characteristic that FJ shares with DH. 

Their love is so strong, that destiny and fate bends to DongFeng's love.

Oh you have written that beautifully!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

49 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

So no different to how he is treated in ELOD? Sounds like the poor guy get no breaks. 

The mortal arc of Lotus Steps will give the background on why Lian Song seems to be henpecked. :) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

39 minutes ago, Megan said:

How long do you think DongFeng we’re stuck in Aranya’s Dream?

Three months.. maybe

PB2 page 33

Fengjiu's cultivation was depleted when she fell into Aranya's Dream, both
her soul and body were injured. Throughout these three months, she had
had to rely on Donghua's blood three times a day to mend her soul
and
restore her 30,000 years of energy. But her body was still very weak, and
she needed more time to recover.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

So true. I liked how DH is so confident and never regret his decisions. He soldiers on and focus on the future. These are characteristic that FJ shares with DH. 

I've often thought that DH pursued FJ like he's in a war. :lol: Well, in a way, he was, with very little fate to hold on for a win over destiny. He turned whatever chances he could grab to his advantage from that "blind date" to however way he can interact with or be close to her.

Victory was formally clinched upon the registration of their marriage to Madam Nuwa, and spectacularly announced it at FJ's Bingcang ceremony.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

Three months.. maybe

PB2 page 33

and

At least 3 months since after that Feng Jiu had to act as Aranya...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Three months.. maybe

PB2 page 33

and

Longer, by the time the story started in the prologue of book 2, three months had already gone by. I think it would be six months stuck in there. 

She spent 6 months in fanyin valley and another 6 months in the dream roughly.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

I've often thought that DH pursued FJ like he's in a war. :lol: Well, in a way, he was, with very little fate to hold on for a win over destiny. He turned whatever chances he could grab to his advantage from that "blind date" to however way he can interact with or be close to her.

Victory was formally clinched upon the registration of their marriage to Madam Nuwa, and spectacularly announced it at FJ's Bingcang ceremony.

We should never rely on destiny. It is afterall mostly in our own hands as we all reap what we sow.

As an analogy, they both planted their love which blossomed into a plant and then it flowered and bore fruit (Bai Gun Gun) so they totally earned their destiny to be together. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, FoxontheMoon said:

Saw it on aliexpress it doesn't look like it comes with anything except a paper that you can cut into a bookmark... and there seems to be more pages then the older version... older version did come with 4 postcards and the Cd that @Ninky mentioned.

@Ninky where can you get that 6 radio episode that you mentioned on a previous post?

Ill link it again when I export the link. I am at work atm. I will be getting back from work and preparing lotus step for post after work tonight.

I work nights 5 days a week so i catch no slack :)z

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Ninky said:

We should never rely on destiny. It is afterall mostly in our own hands as we all reap what we sow.

True that. One more thing, a disappointment or two should not be the reason to lose the will to go on. It means stop to step back and see the bigger picture, assess where you're going wrong, change what must be changed, fix what has to be fixed, clear what must be cleared, to reach that goal.

This was depicted several times in TPB, in small or big ways. One reason why it's one of the books I love, and TQ a favourite author.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

12 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Ill link it again when I export the link. I am at work atm. I will be getting back from work and preparing lotus step for post after work tonight.

I work nights 5 days a week so i catch no slack :)z

Oh, but take your time. We're excited for Lotus Steps, but if you need some snooze, we can wait some more. :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Haha I love that description. So clinical, so DH.

I know DH did not realise he is in love with FJ, until she won the competition. Everything he did to get FJ' attention prior to that seemed instinctual. But I wonder if he realised he was more expressive around FJ? He smiled and talked more, and seeked physical contact.

I guess he put it down as her being "interesting" and that in turn made him happy. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

Haha I love that description. So clinical, so DH.

I know DH did not realise he is in love with FJ, until she won the competition. Everything he did to get FJ' attention prior to that seemed instinctual. But I wonder if he realised he was more expressive around FJ? He smiled and talked more, and seeked physical contact.

I guess he put it down as her being "interesting" and that in turn made him happy. 

I think DH can only be like that when he's with FJ, instinctively opening up and showing more of what is behind the icy façade, because she is his safe haven. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Here is a “would you rather” game.

would you rather eat Dong Hua’s infamous sweet and sour fish or eat Jiheng’s soup?

would you rather babysit Ali or babysit Gun Gun?

would you rather eat food made by Ye Hua or Feng Jiu?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Megan said:

would you rather eat Dong Hua’s infamous sweet and sour fish or eat Jiheng’s soup?

DH's sweet and sour anytime, just for the sake of the fainting experience and bragging rights of having DH's personally cooked signature dish. 

BGG. Birds of the same feathers...

Ye Hua's cooking. As if a morsel of food cooked by Feng Jiu passes by the kitchen doors if Dong Hua's with her.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, Megan said:

hmm I am not sure of I will survive DH's sweet and sour dish. 

I would babysit Gun Gun, just because he is such a cutie!

I would rather eat FJ's. I love desserts and she seem to excel at cooking sweet food.

• Like 6

Would you rather:

1) learn swordfighting from Dong Hua (brutal training) or cooking from Feng Jiu (you get to eat your own food)

2) watch plays with Bai Qian or listen to the gossip trio?

3) educate Xiao Yan or help Lian Song woo Cheng Yu (warning, in both cases, fists are likely to be brandished)

• Like 2