[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

IMO, DH will be altruistic enough that if FJ as a mortal had a child during her trial, it is part and parcel of her trial to ascend. More than DH, FJ will be more invested if that happens.

Watch from afar maybe, but since trials usually end on their "death", FJ will not interfere anymore to any mortal child she might have had. That was a hard lesson for her earlier on.

@MeganFJ has a child with another man? Not possible . I don't think TQ will do that to Dongfeng although it's for the trial purposes.^_^

But it's can happen in Fanfic..that why I not keen to read any of Dongfeng's fanfic.

I don't wanted to get myself getting annoyed just like I kind of miffed with whomever TMOPB's script writers making DH as an old geezer who has many wives and also has a son. It's not that bad when I have yet read PB books but after I read PB ..I am so pissed off because TMOPB drama really messed up Dongfeng's storyline.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Hmmm...here’s an idea. What if Dong Hua and Feng Jiu from EL and ELOD universes dreamt about their counterpart’s relationships. 

EL Dong Hua: dreams about watching his Son play with the birds while Xiao Bai sits beside him

ELOD Dong Hua: dreams about watching Feng Jiu’s coronation from a magic mirror with a red fox tail hanging from his belt.

EL Feng Jiu; dreams about riding a boat with DH and GG

ELOD Feng Jiu: dreams about EL Dong Hua admitting he would have fallen in love with her if he hasn’t removed his name from the fate Stone, before sending her away.

what do you think their reaction will be from seeing those dreams?

26 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

I don't wanted to get myself getting annoyed just like I kind of miffed with whomever TMOPB's script writers making DH as an old geezer who has many wives and also has a son.

LOL with the old geezer! :joy: Despite hordes of admirers, DH is more monkish than MY. It's really hard to think of him to have a full harem.

Re: trials - it's a necessity to go through to ascend, if the immortal deserves to ascend. What happens during trial stays within the trial. That's also messed up by TMOPB for DH.

It's best not to meddle, like Su Jin did for example. Su Jin in TMOPB used a carving to influence the outcome of YH's trial and to mess up with BQ. In the process she broke celestial laws that later on led to her banishment. It was such a contrast to BQ, who also visited YH to give him protective beads.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Hmmm...here’s an idea. What if Dong Hua and Feng Jiu from EL and ELOD universes dreamt about their counterpart’s relationships. 

EL Dong Hua: dreams about watching his Son play with the birds while Xiao Bai sits beside him

ELOD Dong Hua: dreams about watching Feng Jiu’s coronation from a magic mirror with a red fox tail hanging from his belt.

ELOD Feng Jiu: dreams about EL Dong Hua admitting he would have fallen in love with her if he hasn’t removed his name from the fate Stone, before sending her away.

They can either act upon or not with their dreams. :) IMO, aside from the dreams, there should be a tangible catalyst to make them act or not act. But it's nice to make them dream and either make them yearn for it to be real ,or to regret some of their past decisions. 

40 minutes ago, Megan said:

I prefer DHFJ in TMOPB is an alternate universe of ELOD. Imagine how shocking it is for him if TMOPB DH sees his other self is with a wife and a son :lol:. I'm sure he really really regretted erasing his name from the stone :lol:

• Sad 2
  • LOL 2

42 minutes ago, pawla said:

I prefer DHFJ in TMOPB is an alternate universe of ELOD. Imagine how shocking it is for him if TMOPB DH sees his other self is with a wife and a son :lol:. I'm sure he really really regretted erasing his name from the stone :lol:

That would be interesting.. it's just that TMOPB's DH not as determined or the weak hero I might say , whilst ELOD'S DH is the true hero who paved the way, created his ways/rules for the sake of his love and still can maintain the peace of the universe.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

@MeganFJ has a child with another man? Not possible . I don't think TQ will do that to Dongfeng although it's for the trial purposes.^_^

But it's can happen in Fanfic..that why I not keen to read any of Dongfeng's fanfic.

I don't wanted to get myself getting annoyed just like I kind of miffed with whomever TMOPB's script writers making DH as an old geezer who has many wives and also has a son. It's not that bad when I have yet read PB books but after I read PB ..I am so pissed off because TMOPB drama really messed up Dongfeng's storyline.

I felt the same

Even though I hadn't read PB when TMOPB was telecasted but for some weird reason I felt something was off in the Dongfeng mortal arc of TMOPB, it felt OCC even for the TMOPB Donghua..  he is considered as a eternal celibate so how come he would agree to go on trail with a freaking harem in toe (the justification given in TMOPB makes everything even worse) it just doesn't feel like DH from any angle.. I felt like scriptwriters violated the entire character description of DH in that mortal arc..

• Like 3
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

Even though I hadn't read PB when TMOPB was telecasted but for some weird reason I felt something was off in the Dongfeng mortal arc of TMOPB, it felt OCC even for the TMOPB Donghua

DH asked Si Ming to write him a story that will make him have a life with FJ in mortal realm. It was OFF, and FOUL, that he has competing concubines who are plotting against FJ, and his situation is also difficult for him to be only with FJ. DH can surely have hardships while in mortal realm with FJ and without all those other women and kids.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

I felt the same

Even though I hadn't read PB when TMOPB was telecasted but for some weird reason I felt something was off in the Dongfeng mortal arc of TMOPB, it felt OCC even for the TMOPB Donghua..  he is considered as a eternal celibate so how come he would agree to go on trail with a freaking harem in toe (the justification given in TMOPB makes everything even worse) it just doesn't feel like DH from any angle.. I felt like scriptwriters violated the entire character description of DH in that mortal arc..

Lol I still feel the bitterness  and heartbroken about the scene where DH rejected FJ even when she practically pleading DH to marry her Infront of her father... DH's TMOPB was so heartless and so cruel. 

In TMOPB drama DH didn't go to Mortal Realm ..I meant he was resting or sleeping in his palace when he had the trial ? And FJ also possess another woman body instead of her own body when she was in Mortal Realm? Isn't it?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

I felt the same

Tmopb is totally ooc. I did not like Dong Hua there at all.

The pillow book’s DHDJ is designed by Tang Qi as a guy who is an interesting dichotomy. Cold Exterior but passionate heart. Smart powerful guy but has a poisonous tongue. Humorous but in a dark kind of way. 

Tmopb’s Dong Hua falls so flat in that regard. He is meant to be a dichotomy of sorts as per the ending of the How Gods are born article.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Lol I still feel bitterness heartbroken about the scene where DH rejected FJ even when she practically pleading DH to marry her Infront of her father... DH's TMOPB was so heartless and so cruel. 

In TMOPB drama DH didn't go to Mortal Realm ..I meant he was resting or sleeping in his palace when he had the trial ? And FJ also possess another woman body instead of her own body when she was in Mortal Realm? Isn't it?

In TMOPB drama DH went in the mortal realm. After trial he wakes up in his palace. YH also, though he woke up in Kunlun; Si Ming asked him where did YH woke up because he couldn't find him in Jiuchongtian.

Yep, FJ possessed the body of Consort Chen. The consort was sick, about die, as per Si Ming. The birthmark was a constant though, whether as a fox or as Consort Chen.

TMOPB DH was too cold. A high god lowered his pride and requested him if he can marry his daughter, as after all they were married in mortal realm, also because his daughter is truly in love with him...then that said daughter also begged him...still NO? 

He could have said yes, and see if the relationship will work even if his name isn't in that rock anymore. Though I get he was punished by his powers getting less, can't he try one more time for someone who's been faithfully doing her best to be with him? :tears:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Help BGG decide how Dad looks best. :)

EZqhn8vXYAMj8q5?format=jpg&name=small

https://mobile.twitter.com/gong_ELD/status/1268503959938859008/photo/1

For me my fav is the original look described in the book, the hair worn loose. Book Di Jun only does his hair up for formal stuff like the yearly meet with new immortals to give them their immortal titles.

So basically the look at the bottommost picture.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

DH asked Si Ming to write him a story that will make him have a life with FJ in mortal realm. It was OFF, and FOUL, that he has competing concubines who are plotting against FJ, and his situation is also difficult for him to be only with FJ. DH can surely have hardships while in mortal realm with FJ and without all those other women and kids.

Doesn't matter what Siming's book of fate had plan , FJ in ELOD seem to be determined enough to interfere thus change the Book of fate's story despite the consequencess or backfire she will faces afterward. FJ was that brave although it's seem reckless but her decision also triggered by her deep love for DH.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ninky said:

For me my fav is the original look described in the book, the hair worn loose. Book Di Jun only does his hair up for formal stuff like the yearly meet with new immortals to give them their immortal titles.

I also think he's dashing with loose hair. Why haven't they showed that even once for both TMOPB and ELOD? In ELOD while he bathed? Hahaha.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

In TMOPB drama DH went in the mortal realm. After trial he wakes up in his palace. YH also, though he woke up in Kunlun; Si Ming asked him where did YH woke up because he couldn't find him in Jiuchongtian.

Yep, FJ possessed the body of Consort Chen. The consort was sick, about die, as per Si Ming. The birthmark was a constant though, whether as a fox or as Consort Chen.

TMOPB DH was too cold. A high god lowered his pride and requested him if he can marry his daughter, as after all they were married in mortal realm, also because his daughter is truly in love with him...then that said daughter also begged him...still NO? 

He could have said yes, and see if the relationship will work even if his name isn't in that rock anymore. Though I get he was punished by his powers getting less, can't he try one more time for someone who's been faithfully doing her best to be with him? :tears:

The point of their story in the tmopb drama is meant to tell the viewers that no matter what they had no destiny. They took that particular theme from the Pillow book and completely bastardised it LOL!

But they has no license to use Pillow Book’s storyline so they made it all up. But they are meant to be a side story. The main storyline is still about Ye Hua/Bai Qian.

• Like 3
  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 1

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I also think he's dashing with loose hair. Why haven't they showed that even once for both TMOPB and ELOD? In ELOD while he bathed? Hahaha.

Also the Bai GG in that picture is the way Tang qi pictures him. Loose silver hair as well.

Author had once said on her Weibo that BGG is roughly what Dong Hua looked like at that age.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

9 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The point of their story in the tmopb drama is meant to tell the viewers that no matter what they had no destiny. They took that particular theme from the Pillow book and completely bastardised it LOL!

But they has no license to use Pillow Book’s storyline so they made it all up. But they are meant to be a side story. The main storyline is still about Ye Hua/Bai Qian.

Sigh...guess they couldn't make up a better story of them not having fate? Though it's over now that both books were adapted and shown, once in a while still thinking of what could have beens.

IMO, even as side characters, if DH and FJ had their real or close enough to actual story in TMOPB, it would have made TMOPB even better, and more viewers looking forward to ELOD. :)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Also the Bai GG in that picture is the way Tang qi pictures him. Loose silver hair as well.

Author had once said on her Weibo that BGG is roughly what Dong Hua looked like at that age.

I think Vengo and the kid look similar enough at the same age. The talent scouts did well for hiring a son that is almost a doppelganger to his father. hahaha.

Maybe there were wigs as loose hair but coming off unnatural or slips off however they tried? And nope, can't suggest to the actors either to dye their hair platinum for months, especially the kid even if only for few days or weeks.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Ninky said:

23 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

DH with loose or messy hair would be the cutest especially when he Is sleeping...i think

In the book when FJ cast a sleeping spell on DH , for some reason their hair somehow tangled with each other...or maybe DH used magic to make it happen.

PB1 page 79

Fengjiu lifted the bed curtain, turned to take one last look at a
sleeping Donghua, and with kindness tucked his arms back under the
cloud quilt. Then with some afterthought, she pulled the cover up from his
waist to his neck and carefully tucked it in. By the time she stood up, her
long black hair for some reason had tangled with his silvery strands. No
matter how hard she tried they refused to come apart
. She didn’t know
how long her spell would last, so she conjured up a pair of scissors and
decidedly snipped off her own locks.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

DH with loose or messy hair would be the cutest especially when he Is sleeping...i think

In the book when FJ cast a sleeping spell on DH , for some reason their hair somehow tangled with each other...or maybe DH used magic to make it happen.

Ahahaha, DH wasn't really sleeping, so I won't put it past him to use magic to tangle/glue their hair together. :lol: FJ's sleeping spell didn't work on him.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3