[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

14 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

And caught her back when she tried to escape.:lol: Okay, the escape plan of FJ was also not like she wants to leave, as instead of running or disappearing, she dug out her plant and sat at the pavillion. Still, DH changed her back to a handkerchief when she was knocked down by her own sleeping spells, and took her again. :sweatingbullets: 

FJ made it too easy for DH!

My gosh, I never thought of DH as the culprit who tangled their hair together. It all makes sense now.

14 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Tsk tsk...sneaky DH...even his silvery strands as "naughty" as he is.:D

What happened to the former "Master of the universe" who tossed out the beauties from his bed chamber? Always show disinterested with anyone?, When with FJ, he is the one who take her to his bed , he do anything just to be with her , purposely get her riled up , teasing her..

Can't blame FJ for not realising DH had his eyes on her. Given DH's solid history and XY skewed perspective.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

7 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Such a wonderful news..reach 8.00b views three months after the drama ended . Very impressive...

As popular as The untamed , it took about Ten months for the drama to reach the same figure as ELOD now the figures is 8.05b.

And AOL reach 8.25b after 2 yrs and 10 months after the show finished. AOL and ELOD also direct by the same director. I haven't watched AOL tho...But because...back then there's a few comparison about these two drama by some fans..so I just can't help but feel proud of ELOD achievement.

I did not know ELoD and AOL were directed by the same person. I thought 8 Billion was a small number (compared to AOL or The  Untamed)for the series considering it was finished 2 months ago but that it impressive. We'll aim for 10 billion by the end of the year or more if possible. :blush:

3 hours ago, Ninky said:

So, we will probably translate fun and romantic parts of The Pillow Book after our 24 chapter Lotus Step behemoth translation as part of our blog repertoire. 

But we are very excited about Lotus Step as its a daring effort to give this story to the English speaking world. The storyline is really excellent as @MayanEcho will testify with more than enough suspense and surprises to engage readers.

So join the blog and follow us on this journey wherever it takes us a into Tang Qi’s wonderful universe. 

Thank you so much!!! I'll wait patiently :relaxed:

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Ninky said:

The trial is for an immortal to learn something from it. Sometimes it may not involve going to the mortal world. It could be anything.

That's good to know. FJ's been through enough suffering for her young age. I may be super bias here!

15 hours ago, Ninky said:

Tmopb is totally ooc. I did not like Dong Hua there at all.

The pillow book’s DHDJ is designed by Tang Qi as a guy who is an interesting dichotomy. Cold Exterior but passionate heart. Smart powerful guy but has a poisonous tongue. Humorous but in a dark kind of way. 

Tmopb’s Dong Hua falls so flat in that regard. He is meant to be a dichotomy of sorts as per the ending of the How Gods are born article.

TMOPB DHDJ is super flat compared to ELoD DHDJ. 

It's such a beautiful journey to watch DH slowly become more expressive towards FJ. 

I get a whiplash when I see how sweet DH can be towards FJ and instantly turn ice cold to another person.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Finally finish catching up all the forums for the past few days as now I’m back to work and don’t have much free time as I’m used to :tears:

@Ninky @SC2019 @nitepolaris and team thank you for working really hard for the LS. Forever grateful for your dedication that makes it possible for us the English speaker to immersed ourself in TQ world. 
:phew:

9 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Such a wonderful news..reach 8.00b views three months after the drama ended . Very impressive...

As popular as The untamed , it took about Ten months for the drama to reach the same figure as ELOD now the figures is 8.05b.

And AOL reach 8.25b after 2 yrs and 10 months after the show finished. AOL and ELOD also direct by the same director. I haven't watched AOL tho...But because...back then there's a few comparison about these two drama by some fans..so I just can't help but feel proud of ELOD achievement.

How exciting is this!!! Well deserved achievement. If the 8b achievement included the repeated viewers then it’s confirmed I’m partly responsible for that. The short clip from tencent really a great mood booster to get through the day :rolleyes:

Just watched the clip of ep 51 and ep 52 and can’t help feel awwww for the sweetness still even after countless re-watch. It’s always exciting that everytime I rewatch it I pick up something new or see it from different side as some of you point out. Like just now when FJ worried that with 2 fox cubs then the cubs don’t want to play with her anymore and busy play with each other instead. Then DH immediate response aggreing to 2 fox cubs makes me realize that he is probably prefer the cubs busy with each other so he could have FJ all for himself :wub: (One of my late lightbulb moment) probably everyone else have noticed this. Lol.

I hope ELOD will be well received in Korean too. I’m used to watch kdrama alottt but now I’m all DHFJ soo I think it’s pretty possible that they shifting their oppa to DH  gg (as per Ali call):D

• Like 8

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

FJ made it too easy for DH!

My gosh, I never thought of DH as the culprit who tangled their hair together. It all makes sense now.

Can't blame FJ for not realising DH had his eyes on her. Given DH's solid history and XY skewed perspective.

DH is the kind of person whom you have to ask what exactly he meant no matter how obvious his acts are. :lol: LS and SMY knew about that trait of DH. Even FJ never assumed he cared for her until she heard herself how he felt for her. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Megan said:

For those of you who have read the Twilight Saga, what do you think will happen if Dong Hua and Feng Jiu met the Cullens and the Volturi?

They'll just be another type of immortals.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@Dreams87 The complete short clips are in Tencent YT channel from a month ago. Found out when I got curious to check how's ELOD doing via local releases. :)

And here's the ending clip :wub:

Thanks @MayanEcho for the dose of sugar. Since tencent loves to repost it again so it’s only fair that I accomodating them by rewatch it again :D

the sky is the limit right :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Dreams87 said:

Thanks @MayanEcho for the dose of sugar. Since tencent loves to repost it again so it’s only fair that I accomodating them by rewatch it again :D

the sky is the limit right :rolleyes:

Ahahaha, yeah. They posted first in YT. Then in FB. :lol: 

Hmm, I'm curious if the Korean release has better editing. Coz surely post production can do that with enough time, not to mention the feedbacks? I've seen somewhere it's also 56eps, but if the unnecessary filler scenes are cut...?

I'm just wondering because of the short clip ending, the way it was edited. Which I like better than the officially released finale episode. :lol:

Hope the Korean audience will be as charmed with the story of the red gumiho princess and the silver haired deity emperor. :wub:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

@Dreams87 The complete short clips are in Tencent YT channel from a month ago. Found out when I got curious to check how's ELOD doing via local releases. :)

And here's the ending clip :wub:

The song.... :tears:, I really love all the songs in ELOD, well except the one that FJ sang for DH :sweatingbullets:, I don't mean no respect, I think it just not really my taste, while the other song.. Especially the one where DH dying :tears:, it never cease to amaze me how come all the drama that I ever watched have such a nice and wonderful OST. I thought the ost in TMOPB is the best and then come ELOD :love:, another reason I love rewatch the drama is because of the music and songs as well

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 6/5/2020 at 3:04 PM, MayanEcho said:

Help BGG decide how Dad looks best. :)

EZqhn8vXYAMj8q5?format=jpg&name=small

https://mobile.twitter.com/gong_ELD/status/1268503959938859008/photo/1

If it is animated version, I prefer the original art hairstyle from the book, but if it is drama, I prefer what DH look like now, sometimes loose hair look better on animated character but when you applied it to a real character, DH might ended up looking like Gandalf and I think that is a bit weird. 

• LOL 5

17 hours ago, triplesung said:

No need to think any further. The answer is easy. All of the above.

I wonder what it would be like if somebody made a manhua of ELoD? And to stick as close to the original story (will all the DongFeng "juicy" scenes). I would definitely want to read it as long as they do justice to DH's majestic look.

If ELOD would made in to Manhwa or Manga. It would be awesome! I read once Manhwa of TMOPB but the arts are too cute..:sweat_smile:, too cute that I can't really read the manga because the vibes that it give is so much different than the drama. Lol

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

If it is animated version, I prefer the original art hairstyle from the book, but if it is drama, I prefer what DH look like now, sometimes loose hair look better on animated character but when you applied it to a real character, DH might ended up looking like Gandalf and I think that is a bit weird. 

A very handsome, heartthrob Gandalf. Or Dumbledore. :blush: DH's more good-looking than the LOTR Elven King Thranduil. 

b4793e0e2f2c84b3797d91e54e722dd5.jpg

It would be nice if TMOPB and ELOD get animated versions. There won't be any problems with the hair and costumes then, hehehe.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

A very handsome, heartthrob Gandalf. Or Dumbledore. :blush: DH's more good-looking than the LOTR Elven King Thranduil. 

It would be nice if TMOPB and ELOD get animated versions. There won't be any problems with the hair and costumes then, hehehe.

Lol yeah, and don't forget the steamy scene too. :lol:

Anyway, has anyone seen behind the scene of Bobosna Photoshoot? Vengo is soo :love:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

29 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

And the only thing that bother me of TMOPB DH, Sangji and the snake woman's son is DH's mortal son. How it effect their relationship in the Immortal realm? 

I think what happens in the mortal realm ends there. Sang Ji's son shouldn't even be there if not for somebody's schemes. It's the Tianjun's prejudice/discrimination and excessive indulging of Su Jin that punished him unfairly.

It was very satisfying to see DH presiding over Su Ji's trial. Tianjun was not spared from the sharp tongue either. DH gave the justice for his mortal son in immortal realm. 

22 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

Lol yeah, and don't forget the steamy scene too. :lol:

Anyway, has anyone seen behind the scene of Bobosna Photoshoot? Vengo is soo :love:

Hahaha, it would be exactly as in the novel. I've seen some snippets of the BTS passing my news feed. Both are very good looking, but different levels of appeal. ;)

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I think what happens in the mortal realm ends there. Sang Ji's son shouldn't even be there if not for somebody's schemes. It's the Tianjun's prejudice/discrimination and excessive indulging of Su Jin that punished him unfairly.

It was very satisfying to see DH presiding over Su Ji's trial. Tianjun was not spared from the sharp tongue either. DH gave the justice for his mortal son in immortal realm. 

Hahaha, it would be exactly as in the novel. I've seen some snippets of the BTS passing my news feed. Both are very good looking, but different levels of appeal. ;)

And it bugs me that Tianjun is the only one who could get away without any punishment. It seems Karma doesn't work on him <_<

Ikr, Vengo look so cool, sexy, beautiful you name it! There was also an interview with him and the guy who portrayed YCW, unfortunately they don't have the english subtitles. Just seeing Vengo speaking chinese made me want to learn chinese :wub:. I thought DH voice actor is sexy, but Vengo's voice also :heart:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4