[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

45 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

And it bugs me that Tianjun is the only one who could get away without any punishment. It seems Karma doesn't work on him <_<

Ikr, Vengo look so cool, sexy, beautiful you name it! There was also an interview with him and the guy who portrayed YCW, unfortunately they don't have the english subtitles. Just seeing Vengo speaking chinese made me want to learn chinese :wub:. I thought DH voice actor is sexy, but Vengo's voice also :heart:

The thing is many people’s views of Tian Jun were coloured by the tmopb drama.

The book only shows him as being a little hypocritical but the book did not depict him conspiring with Su Jin like the show suggested.

It mostly shows Su Jin as the conniving, sly person using every resource she had to try to ensnare Ye Hua. And that resource included Tian Jun. She constantly lied to everyone she made use of to get her way into Xi Wu palace.

So whatever happens in the drama may not necessarily have happened in the book. A lot of things in tmopb has been added as the book was written in first person so it was solely in Bai Qian’s Pov. 

So tmopb ended up having a lot of things made up because of this. In fact ELOD is closer to the books than Tmopb was.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

It would be nice if TMOPB and ELOD get animated versions. There won't be any problems with the hair and costumes then, hehehe.

Suprisingly Japan does better job at animating Chinese series than it's own.. maybe it's the art or something but the quality of the anime and the characters look much better.. the animated version of Untamed set the bar too high and if they decide to do animated version of ELOD (Pillow book) they'll hit jackpot for sure..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Donghuadijun said:

And it bugs me that Tianjun is the only one who could get away without any punishment. It seems Karma doesn't work on him <_<

I rather find this Tianjun too indulging of Su Jin, like it's the way he's making up for her being the only survivor from her clan. As for Su Jin, she knew she can get away with a lot of things, and she used her projected image and privileges to manipulate and scheme without fear.

Present Tianjun is so stuck up with the perceived embarrassment due to Sang Ji marrying  Shao Xin. Hmp, his karma is feeling bad his wishes ain't happening the way he wants it. 

Don't worry, he'll have his BP shoot up (if that's possible with the dour dragons) with LS. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

24 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The thing is many people’s views of Tian Jun were coloured by the tmopb drama.

The book only shows him as being a little hypocritical but the book did not depict him conspiring with Su Jin like the show suggested.

It mostly shows Su Jin as the conniving, sly person using every resource she had to try to ensnare Ye Hua. And that resource included Tian Jun. She constantly lied to everyone she made use of to get her way into Xi Wu palace.

So whatever happens in the drama may not necessarily have happened in the book. A lot of things in tmopb has been added as the book was written in first person so it was solely in Bai Qian’s Pov. 

So tmopb ended up having a lot of things made up because of this. In fact ELOD is closer to the books than Tmopb was.

It could be like you said that people's views about Tianjun was effected by the Drama because I didn't read the book indeed. I was once thought why Tangqi didn't do something to make this Tianjun suffers a lil bit for things that he did to BQ, like how easy he get away and just wash his hands while he was also conspiring with Su Jin, but reading what you write there make sense. Perhaps I should try to read the book, but then maybe that is not a good idea since quite many people here complained about the translation, and with my cultivation of English , I am afraid it would make it even more difficult to understand. Now I envy for those who fluent in Chinese, never ever imagine that I would be that obsessed with a C-Drama and books, DH and FJ opened a portal of new world to me. Lol

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

Suprisingly Japan does better job at animating Chinese series than it's own.. maybe it's the art or something but the quality of the anime and the characters look much better.. the animated version of Untamed set the bar too high and if they decide to do animated version of ELOD (Pillow book) they'll hit jackpot for sure..

If they do, and keep the same voice actors, I'll be watching it again, and buy the merchandise if they also ship. :blush: I'd really love official ELOD English book too, coz they have Vietnamese and Thai editions. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

It could be like you said that people's views about Tianjun was effected by the Drama because I didn't read the book indeed. I was once thought why Tangqi didn't do something to make this Tianjun suffers a lil bit for things that he did to BQ, like how easy he get away and just wash his hands while he was also conspiring with Su Jin, but reading what you write there make sense. Perhaps I should try to read the book, but then maybe that is not a good idea since quite many people here complained about the translation, and with my cultivation of English , I am afraid it would make it even more difficult to understand. Now I envy for those who fluent in Chinese, never ever imagine that I would be that obsessed with a C-Drama and books, DH and FJ opened a portal of new world to me. Lol

The problem with TMOPB translated book To The Sky Kingdom by Toland is that it's quite dry and boring to read. It has the gist of the story, but sadly, it's like it's talking down to the reader. Not even talking of the other glaring mistakes like Feng Jiu as Phoenix Nine.

• Unamused 1

18 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

I think each country has their own speciality. Japan animations are well known to the world but their movies sometimes a bit confusing and weird. While China, based on few dramas that I have watched, they made good Fantasy Xianxia drama, but for the modern life drama, I am not really sure. So far not watching any yet. Just some clips starred by Vengo and Dilreba so I can't really judge, and South Korea made good modern life drama. 

But like I said, this is just based on my taste and opinion, so it might different than others. I do hope that they would make animation of ELOD, it would be awesome 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I rather find this Tianjun too indulging of Su Jin, like it's the way he's making up for her being the only survivor from her clan. As for Su Jin, she knew she can get away with a lot of things, and she used her projected image and privileges to manipulate and scheme without fear.

Present Tianjun is so stuck up with the perceived embarrassment due to Sang Ji marrying  Shao Xin. Hmp, his karma is feeling bad his wishes ain't happening the way he wants it. 

Don't worry, he'll have his BP shoot up (if that's possible with the dour dragons) with LS. :joy:

And this is I dont understand, if she is the only one from the clan, what about those three generals who called uncles by Su Jin? Aren't they also from the same clan? She should marry one of those to regain the clan lol. 

Now I can't wait to read LS, last time I read it was only the prolog and I am wondering if DH FJ would be there as well? 

• LOL 1

11 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

The problem with TMOPB translated book To The Sky Kingdom by Toland is that it's quite dry and boring to read. It has the gist of the story, but sadly, it's like it's talking down to the reader. Not even talking of the other glaring mistakes like Feng Jiu as Phoenix Nine.

Ha ha its better for me not to read it then, my brain wire would get tangled with all the names. Phoniex Nine, Phoenix Ten Bai Roll Roll? Separation? ( Baiqian and Yehua's son) lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

4 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

I think each country has their own speciality. Japan animations are well known to the world but their movies sometimes a bit confusing and weird. While China, based on few dramas that I have watched, they made good Fantasy Xianxia drama, but for the modern life drama, I am not really sure. So far not watching any yet. Just some clips starred by Vengo and Dilreba so I can't really judge, and South Korea made good modern life drama. 

But like I said, this is just based on my taste and opinion, so it might different than others. I do hope that they would make animation of ELOD, it would be awesome 

Quite agree with you. Japanese anime are of good quality but may not be everyone's cup of tea. When I watch a mainland Chinese drama, I prefer xianxia/wuxia types compared to modern ones, somehow I just can't watch the modern ones. But for Korean dramas, I can stomach both modern and sageuk (historical) ones because I feel that there's quality in both types. Then again, this is my preference. 

Making an animation of ELOD could be difficult given the expectations of both the fans and critics. And I fear for the worst. :tears:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

And this is I dont understand, if she is the only one from the clan, what about those three generals who called uncles by Su Jin? Aren't they also from the same clan? She should marry one of those to regain the clan lol. 

Now I can't wait to read LS, last time I read it was only the prolog and I am wondering if DH FJ would be there as well? 

Not sure, but I think she calls them uncle as term of respect. Similar to YH calling DH uncle when he was young.

Spoiler

One of them is mentioned every now and then. :)

• Thanks 2

Ha ha its better for me not to read it then, my brain wire would get tangled with all the names. Phoniex Nine, Phoenix Ten Bai Roll Roll? Separation? ( Baiqian and Yehua's son) lol

You can still try checking it out, if only to weed out the drama added portions/angles to what's in the book :)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Quite agree with you. Japanese anime are of good quality but may not be everyone's cup of tea. When I watch a mainland Chinese drama, I prefer xianxia/wuxia types compared to modern ones, somehow I just can't watch the modern ones. But for Korean dramas, I can stomach both modern and sageuk (historical) ones because I feel that there's quality in both types. Then again, this is my preference. 

Making an animation of ELOD could be difficult given the expectations of both the fans and critics. And I fear for the worst. :tears:

They just need to make them pretty. Thats all I ask :joy:, most of the time animation look better than the live action, but with Vengo and Dilreba beauty which is surreal, I am afraid their animation would look less attractive, so I just hope them to be pretty and so it won't ruin my perfect image of Dongfeng. Lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

15 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

You can still try checking it out, if only to weed out the drama added portions/angles to what's in the book :)

Or I might wait for the awesome girls in the blog translate the important parts of the book :D, for me right now ELOD/Pillowbook is the most important to study and to understand and to dive :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Or I might wait for the awesome girls in the blog translate the important parts of the book :D, for me right now ELOD/Pillowbook is the most important to study and to understand and to dive :joy:

You'd also love and adore Lotus Steps :blush:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

You'd also love and adore Lotus Steps :blush:

I might love it since I also like LS and CY characters, but I can't really tell yet just from the prologue, so I am looking forward for the next chapters. But with Bodhi Fate, I can say I fell in love with Shao Wan character for the very first time I read it. I don't know but I feel her characteristic remind me a lil bit of YCW. Just smarter and bolder and shameless, so it means she act a lil bit like DH too. Ha ha. 

• LOL 3

44 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Ok, now this page says 60 episodes in Korea? Ahahaha. One thing for sure, the drum up for ELOD is real for Korean release! :blush:

Unfortunately, they are releasing 56 episodes only. I do hope they include the uncut versions and erase some of JH's useless scenes.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1