[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

26 minutes ago, Ninky said:

For me my fav is the original look described in the book, the hair worn loose. Book Di Jun only does his hair up for formal stuff like the yearly meet with new immortals to give them their immortal titles.

So basically the look at the bottommost picture.

d8192a9f625f7d3420b046247b7da6d64101efb9

I love how xianxia ML can look feminine and masculine at the same time, it makes the whole package look outwordly!!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

By the time she stood up, her
long black hair for some reason had tangled with his silvery strands. No
matter how hard she tried they refused to come apart

DH does not want to part with FJ so unknown to her,  he tangled their hair together. :joy: Wasn't it that at this point, DH is literally almost the next biggest talk in Jiuchongtian, had someone found them together? :naughty:

• Like 3
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 1

30 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I also think he's dashing with loose hair. Why haven't they showed that even once for both TMOPB and ELOD? In ELOD while he bathed? Hahaha.

Maybe it's diffcult to pull it off with a wig,  I mean we could already see VG neckline inside the wig. Also when they do the tie-up hair it sits perfectly, but when it's loose u need thick quantity with soft texture and Should cover the real Hair of the actors which is a very tough job for makeup artists..

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Ahahaha, DH wasn't really sleeping, so I won't put it past him to use magic to tangle/glue their hair together. :lol: FJ's sleeping spell didn't work on him.

Tsk tsk...sneaky DH...even his silvery strands as "naughty" as he is.:D

What happened to the former "Master of the universe" who tossed out the beauties from his bed chamber? Always show disinterested with anyone?, When with FJ, he is the one who take her to his bed , he do anything just to be with her , purposely get her riled up , teasing her..

• Like 2
  • Naughty 4

9 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Tsk tsk...sneaky DH...even his silvery strands as "naughty" as he is.:D

What happened to the former "Master of the universe" who tossed out the beauties from his bed chamber? Always show disinterested with anyone?, When with FJ, he is the one who take her to his bed , he do anything just to be with her , purposely get her riled up , teasing her..

And caught her back when she tried to escape.:lol: Okay, the escape plan of FJ was also not like she wants to leave, as instead of running or disappearing, she dug out her plant and sat at the pavillion. Still, DH changed her back to a handkerchief when she was knocked down by her own sleeping spells, and took her again. :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Help BGG decide how Dad looks best. :)

EZqhn8vXYAMj8q5?format=jpg&name=small

https://mobile.twitter.com/gong_ELD/status/1268503959938859008/photo/1

No need to think any further. The answer is easy. All of the above.

3 hours ago, Aari sky said:

d8192a9f625f7d3420b046247b7da6d64101efb9

I love how xianxia ML can look feminine and masculine at the same time, it makes the whole package look outwordly!!

I wonder what it would be like if somebody made a manhua of ELoD? And to stick as close to the original story (will all the DongFeng "juicy" scenes). I would definitely want to read it as long as they do justice to DH's majestic look.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, triplesung said:

I don't know if it was mentioned here but congrats to ELoD drama series for reaching 8 Billion views!!!:love::thumbsup:

Awesome! :glasses:

Yoo-hoo, Tencent, with that figure, maybe you'll release the uncut/special edition of ELOD  anytime soon? :love: BTW, Korean airing seems to be on June 18, tho no info yet on how many episodes. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Yoo-hoo, Tencent, with that figure, maybe you'll release the uncut/special edition of ELOD  anytime soon? :love: BTW, Korean airing seems to be on June 18, tho no info yet on how many episodes. 

ELoD should have a late fanmeet (glares at the other Tencent series who got one) to celebrate this milestone. I want all the cast to be in it. It's not a huge number compared to TMOPB but it's still huge enough to say it was a success of a series. 

I hope Korean viewers will like it and not think of the whole China-Korea thingy going on. I want them to fall in love with DH to the point where they'll forget their oppa 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Ninky said:

The point of their story in the tmopb drama is meant to tell the viewers that no matter what they had no destiny. They took that particular theme from the Pillow book and completely bastardised it LOL!

But they has no license to use Pillow Book’s storyline so they made it all up. But they are meant to be a side story. The main storyline is still about Ye Hua/Bai Qian.

Kinda wished that they had both the license under the same owner so the drama could have overlapped better then have confussing made up parts...

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

11 minutes ago, FoxontheMoon said:

Kinda wished that they had both the license under the same owner so the drama could have overlapped better then have confussing made up parts...

Unfortunately, it didn't happen that way. Nonetheless, I'm glad that both books were adapted, and even better that some of the main characters reprised their roles.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, triplesung said:

ELoD should have a late fanmeet (glares at the other Tencent series who got one) to celebrate this milestone. I want all the cast to be in it. It's not a huge number compared to TMOPB but it's still huge enough to say it was a success of a series. 

I hope Korean viewers will like it and not think of the whole China-Korea thingy going on. I want them to fall in love with DH to the point where they'll forget their oppa 

Better late than never. Amidst the pandemic and minimal promotion, it still got that much views, and was 1stQ 2020 #1. 

Well, hopefully they will also adore DH and other male characters like SMY and XY, as much as they love their oppa. :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I love the original artwork of PB! Does anyone know where I can find them online?

Hopefully we'll see more art like that in the books to come. 

I have the picture book but there are scattered pictures online.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, triplesung said:

I don't know if it was mentioned here but congrats to ELoD drama series for reaching 8 Billion views!!!:love::thumbsup:

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Such a wonderful news..reach 8.00b views three months after the drama ended . Very impressive...

As popular as The untamed , it took about Ten months for the drama to reach the same figure as ELOD now the figures is 8.05b.

And AOL reach 8.25b after 2 yrs and 10 months after the show finished. AOL and ELOD also direct by the same director. I haven't watched AOL tho...But because...back then there's a few comparison about these two drama by some fans..so I just can't help but feel proud of ELOD achievement.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

51 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Such a wonderful news..reach 8.00b views three months after the drama ended . Very impressive...

As popular as The untamed , it took about Ten months for the drama to reach the same figure as ELOD now the figures is 8.05b.

And AOL reach 8.25b after 2 yrs and 10 months after the show finished. AOL and ELOD also direct by the same director. I haven't watched AOL tho...But because...back then there's a few comparison about these two drama by some fans..so I just can't help but feel proud of ELOD achievement.

The figures will still increase. :) Just by seeing the views for the cut version in FB, it is in thousands an hour after posting. 

ELOD isn't everybody's cup of tea, but most of the episodes give that lingering feelings of warmth, glee, and elation. There are also scenes that would gut the viewers. Overall, it is a series that is as  balanced as can be. Personally, I especially loved its resonance of what I hold dear in life.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I think Vengo and the kid look similar enough at the same age. The talent scouts did well for hiring a son that is almost a doppelganger to his father. hahaha.

Maybe there were wigs as loose hair but coming off unnatural or slips off however they tried? And nope, can't suggest to the actors either to dye their hair platinum for months, especially the kid even if only for few days or weeks.

I was talking about the cutesy picture hhehehe. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

So, we will probably translate fun and romantic parts of The Pillow Book after our 24 chapter Lotus Step behemoth translation as part of our blog repertoire. 

But we are very excited about Lotus Step as its a daring effort to give this story to the English speaking world. The storyline is really excellent as @MayanEcho will testify with more than enough suspense and surprises to engage readers.

So join the blog and follow us on this journey wherever it takes us a into Tang Qi’s wonderful universe. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5