[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Just now, ChibiLy said:

@Yori Ten thanks for that translation. That is something to digest over time!

I hope you add that on to the website. It is such a good insight into DH's thought process. 

Very insightful touch and yes, this speaks volume about DH's perspective. We can apply his thought process to the scriptures he has been reading. Haha, and yeah, most of the time it is really deep stuffs and not only about spiritual studies of the other kind.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

6 minutes ago, Megan said:

Yeah, but if what if Miao Luo also decides to target the pregnant Feng Jiu because she is DH’s weakness? Would DH prioritise the battle or the search? Just curious. 

Miao Lou in the series targeted FJ because of her red Qi. ML got it back at the ending of Aranya's dream.

Does ML know FJ is pregnant? Only Zhe Yan knew. Will Zhe Yan endanger FJ?

ML that time was cultivating and consuming demons to be ready for DH. 

DH will prioritize the battle against ML because there will be no FJ to search for if he loses.  He was getting ready and has known he will likely die due to him weakened by by the poison he absorbed. Even if he's not there anymore, he wants her safe. He can sacrifice his life to make sure she lives, and to do that, DH has to care for and protect everyone who lives in all realms.

DH loves FJ the best, but he loves the world more. ***(My parody to the speech Brutus gave on Caesar's funeral)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:

DH loves FJ the best, but he loves the world more. ***(My parody to the speech Brutus gave on Caesar's funeral)

Ah.. the curse of loving a all powerful deity!

Seriously though, I would like to think DH loves FJ more, just that he needs to make sure the world is safe, so FJ is safe :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

7 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Very insightful touch and yes, this speaks volume about DH's perspective. We can apply his thought process to the scriptures he has been reading. Haha, and yeah, most of the time it is really deep stuffs and not only about spiritual studies of the other kind.

He does. :) I've also often thought that DH cares a lot for the common good. Thanks for the additional details, and the translation. I agree with @ChibiLy, that should also be in the blog.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

Ah.. the curse of loving a all powerful deity!

Seriously though, I would like to think DH loves FJ more, just that he needs to make sure the world is safe, so FJ is safe :D

Or FJ in the world is the world that he loves more than loving FJ. :) Sigh, that kind of love to wish for her continuous living even if he loses his life.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

38 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Miao Lou in the series targeted FJ because of her red Qi. ML got it back at the ending of Aranya's dream.

Does ML know FJ is pregnant? Only Zhe Yan knew. Will Zhe Yan endanger FJ?

ML that time was cultivating and consuming demons to be ready for DH. 

DH will prioritize the battle against ML because there will be no FJ to search for if he loses.  He was getting ready and has known he will likely die due to him weakened by by the poison he absorbed. Even if he's not there anymore, he wants her safe. He can sacrifice his life to make sure she lives, and to do that, DH has to care for and protect everyone who lives in all realms.

Yeah, but this is a what if scenario if Feng Jiu’s pregnancy was made public.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Maybe before he met FJ , what he read was actually a Buddhist sutra's..and reason he read Kamasutra for research purpose only . After he met FJ he read it as a preparation for practical purpose because in his mind and heart he's already have someone special to do a spiritual study.

• Like 1
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, Megan said:

Yeah, but if what if Miao Luo also decides to target the pregnant Feng Jiu because she is DH’s weakness? Would DH prioritise the battle or the search? Just curious. 

If DH, with all his powers and people to help him search couldn't find FJ, I doubt ML would find FJ.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Megan said:

Yeah, but this is a what if scenario if Feng Jiu’s pregnancy was made public.

What will this do? If DH can't find her, can ML find her?

And announcing her pregnancy publicly will only equally announce the reasons and circumstances of why she left. 

Then the Bais will truly be embarrassed and lose faces.

Because it will be known what DH was trying to fix when their daughter abandoned her husband with their instigations.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Do you think DH will have higher exam scores if he decides to stop being lazy and study hard? I can’t think why he would that though? Maybe a bet?

Your question was why he would be asleep in class or why he would do better than Mo Yuan? DH is extremely smart, that's for sure so acing Mo Yuan probably isn't something that difficult for him. As to whe he would be asleep, I think he chooses where he wants to place his attention on. Besides, if we look at how he has been portrayed, fishing, reading Buddhist scriptures and drinking tea, he does enjoy his leisurely life, so falling asleep won't be out of character.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Hello. I recently read that the actress who played Jiheng made a defence about her character and her relationship to Dong Hua. Can someone provide me with a link plz? Thank you :)

I haven't seen it before. Based on what I have read on the Jayne stars website, the actress had a traumatic experience around her personal life, that involved her husband cheating on her. I am not sure how true this is. But if it is true, I won't be surprised if the actress is easily triggered and have a skewed perspection around relationships.

Best thing is to leave the actress be. She definitely have her own issues and need support for her own well being. On a positive note, I felt the actress was great as JH. Hopefully she is feeling better and will star in a more positive role in the future. She needs some positive feedback from the general audience to improve her mental health being.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I haven't seen it before. Based on what I have read on the Jayne stars website, the actress had a traumatic experience around her personal life, that involved her husband cheating on her. I am not sure how true this is. But if it is true, I won't be surprised if the actress is easily triggered and have a skewed perspection around relationships.

Best thing is to leave the actress be. She definitely have her own issues and need support for her own well being. On a positive note, I felt the actress was great as JH. Hopefully she is feeling better and will star in a more positive role in the future. She needs some positive feedback from the general audience to improve her mental health being.

No problem.

i actually saw her before playing a Mulan Routan Princess and was pleasantly to surprised to learn she was the same actress.

17 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

True but that was also Xiao Yan perspective not by others perspective.

It's would be JH's humiliation that DH leaving Searching for his baby fox because apparently baby fox was more important than his supposedly bride, that's why XY miffed with DH

“A gentleman was saved by a young lady and a beloved pet. The gentleman chose the pet over the young lady.”

Xiao yan can be a bit blind as in his perspective is blindsided. have to take his pov with a pinch of salt. He saw this from a shallow perspective and didn't know the truth that it was a planned fake wedding in the first place. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He does. :) I've also often thought that DH cares a lot for the common good. Thanks for the additional details, and the translation. I agree with @ChibiLy, that should also be in the blog.

At the end of the day, Tang Qi said they will be together forever, as per interview. It is the process of getting to their sweet sweet ending together that is difficult.

The road there seems to be fraught with trouble  but without some of the hard lessons they both learn on the way, they will not love each other as much as they do now. Its a trial of sorts for both and they will both treasure the destiny they eventually created for themselves.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Your question was why he would be asleep in class or why he would do better than Mo Yuan? DH is extremely smart, that's for sure so acing Mo Yuan probably isn't something that difficult for him. As to whe he would be asleep, I think he chooses where he wants to place his attention on. Besides, if we look at how he has been portrayed, fishing, reading Buddhist scriptures and drinking tea, he does enjoy his leisurely life, so falling asleep won't be out of character.

also both he and shaowan have a devil may care attitude so him doing so is hardly surprising.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

15 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Thanks for the new update @soompi ELoD translation team.

I copied the following Q&A from the website:

Q6: I especially want to know if Lord Cang Yi is doing well presently?

A: He should be doing well mainly due to the fact that his presence wasn’t felt much in the story, Di Jun will not notice him, so he will live a good life.

I loved the answer. Lord Cang Yi, another guy that just escaped from DH's hit list.

I wonder if there is a unspoken rule, that all male fairy/immortals are not to interact with FJ in front of DH. 

@pawla the video is on point! 

By now, the male race would have realised how jealous Di Jun can get. I mean both Lian Song and Si Ming knows this and given their loudspeaker personality, every male species will know.

Even Xiao Yan is aware. In the part of the book with Meng Shao fainting after finding out Jiu Ge is Feng Jiu, he said something while looking at Dong Hua, "if he (Meng Shao) turns gay, let it be, if not he will not just have a "broken sleeve" (term for gay). Xiao Yan is fearing for Meng Shao's life here lol. XY is silly but he ain't stupid.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

@Ninky Wishing that more couples learn this lesson in their relationships. Sadly, a lot give up at the slightest difficulties. Or they stay together but they're more like strangers.

Venting a bit, LOL, because never expected to be some kind of XY (haha, the love expert?) to others because mine's alright. Only to find out they don't talk anymore, except to fight. Psshhh.

Has anyone checked the first 100 pages of this forum? It's a treasure trove! The pics shared and some BTS, and the waiting of ELOD fans from TMOPB. There are familiar handles from 2018 till now. It's amazing how the pages grew to 650+, while way back 2018, posters were wondering if forum would reach 100 pages. :wub:

Just a revisit to FJ and DH of TMOPB and OST. They're really much, much better and have more depth in ELOD :P

• Like 5
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

I think it comes down to what DH think and feel. I don't think he felt humiliated for a minute. To be humiliated, DH would have had to felt shamed. 

He treats his face as 身外物 as he thinks that is not important at all just like material things.

The important thing is DH don't care what others think, unless it is related to FJ. Secondly, he is someone who is solution focused. All he cared about was finding his little fox and his bride.  If he truly cared about what others thought of him, the shame of others knowing what had happened would have prevented him from asking others to help search for his little fox and bride. 

But DH did asked for help. This proved that he was focused on finding little fox and FJ, he didn't care about what others thought of him.

After such a long life he has seen through it all, why would he care what others think. But he kept the whole buhaha about why she left quiet. He only wanted to find her as he only had only hundreds of years left with her at this part of the story and time was running out fast. 

I am probably not the best person to answer this, but here are my interpretations:

1) I see DH's 'will' as a love letter to FJ. DH wanted FJ to know he loves her, always have and always will. That he spent the last 200 years trying to find her, and making the Blue sea their home, by personally building the house and planting the garden that FJ envisioned for 'their' Blue Sea home. 

DH knew FJ is stubborn and will refuse the Blue Sea, but he still wanted to try, because he thought it would be the last chance before he dies.

DH knows Feng Jiu's personality like a book. She is not the only stubborn fox in Qing Qiu, her aunt is just as bad. That trait is in all nine tailed foxes in that family. That is probably why relations were strained between them and Tai Cheng Palace. They were all stubbornly thinking DH was in the wrong. Of course that all changed when they heard the truth.

In the book, her aunt, Ye Hua and Mo Yuan rushed to save them both by breaking the starlight ward. I mean they were also quick to mend the bridge after they know the entire truth. That Dong Hua was the ultimate god after all, willing to sacrifice his life for the good of all. Notice it was Dong Hua who was taking care of Feng Jiu when she was in a coma at the end. This means all was forgiven.

2)DH is also the ultimate ruler. Who would dare to divorce DH and FJ, without his agreement?!

Lol he would probably score 100% if he cared. You have a good point, probably if there was a bet involved and that would benefit him, then he may try abit harder.

I think DH is the kind that will ace the subject even if he gets bored in class and sleeps.

I think DH will gladly build that house! Just to ensure there are just enough rooms for BGG and them! No spare rooms for guest!

He will more likely supervise Mi Gu building it and annoying him.

I don't know if FJ's family felt humiliated. I felt they were more angry for FJ, that DH repeatedly hurt her. From their perspective, DH was never reliable when it comes to putting FJ first.

If only they knew half the things DH did for FJ, they probably would have been more understanding and forgiving.

They saw the same superficial things others saw, they did not know half the real story.

I can understand why you may feel upset for the Bai clan. FJ isn't perfect, but what she excelled at was her empathy, ability to focus on the positives and moving forward. If her family were all able to do that, they would be a lot more forgiving, and perhaps FJ And BGG would have reunited with DH sooner.

FJ just wanted a break because she is tired, tired of all the effort she put into the relationship with seemingly no positive return. Furthermore, part of the reason she left is so her family does not find out about her pregnancy. She didn't want trouble as her emotions needed a break. 

Don't forget she is also coping with the return of her memories as they were altered. She is remembering everything but finding it hard to separate which things DH told her were truth and which were lies. People seem to overlook this issue. This is what really made her leave. FJ wouldn't have left with wedding no show as the sole reason. She isn't that shallow.

Make no mistake, she still loves him, that is the unchanging part, enough to raise his child by herself. As soon as she heard he might be fading to nothingness soon, she rushed back to his home and spoke to ZL. 

Everything tells me she loves him regardless. 

• Like 10