[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

17 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I'd like to add that JH was in love with Minsu, and told DH in the series that she'll only marry Minsu. :sweatingbullets: 

JH character is represented a Confused character when it come to "love". She love Minsu but she didn't know Minsu was actually a woman who actually in love with his brother .In the drama there's a hint Xu Yang could be also attracted to Minsu . It's guite touching when Xu Yang had a flashback about Minsu.

JH also in love with DH just after 300 yrs ago( in the book , not sure the gap of timeline in drama ) she had been madly in love with Minsu , ...and in drama before Minsu die JH said something like " in the next life ...." I can't remember the exact word but it seems like a promise but soon after that she lost her memory when she fell into the Mortal Realm and became a "toy" to Nie Chuyin. 

Then she lives in Fanyin Valley to recuperate and to cure her illness..in the process she claimed she in love with DH...so she just forget about her love to Minsu? by then she already regain her memory with XY help. Isn't she? 

At the end she also madly in love with Xiao Yan.. What happened if..i know she live her life in seclusion but IF someday she meet with some guy who treats her better than XY she will most probably elope with him..since she practically not so loyal or true to herself..or her feeling.

And this JH actress said the JH was the "love hero"? What does she mean?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

I'd say she thinks she's a love hero because she's the one often "hurting from loss" and  "left behind"? 

One thing for sure, her definition of what love is is different from what most of us would describe love. She would care with the one she's with at the moment, and whom she can expect mutual feelings. It doesn't sit well with her if she's not loved back as she wishes to. Whereas most of us will say (sing, hahahaha):

They say if you love someone
Then set them free
If they come back again
Then in the end
It was meant to be

• Like 5

Maybe I’m still angry at Dong Hua. But does anybody find it concerning that even after Zhe Yan told him how tired Feng Jiu was of his lies, after she knew she had her memory wiped, Dong Hua still lied to her about the 200 wedding dresses?

he didn’t have to lie.

• LOL 1

Also...what do you think FJ and Zhong lin’s relationship is like now?

ZL is still serving DH, and by extension FJ, but he is clearly on DH’s side.

i can’t get over how he told Si Ming that FJ was gullible. It seems like he’s mocking her.

granted, Si Ming also said FJ was gullible about the whole pregnancy peaches, but he is a good Friend to FJ.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Maybe I’m still angry at Dong Hua. But does anybody find it concerning that even after Zhe Yan told him how tired Feng Jiu was of his lies, after she knew she had her memory wiped, Dong Hua still lied to her about the 200 wedding dresses?

he didn’t have to lie.

DH didn't wipe her memory, he "altered" her memory .When most of us thought he is selfish, unconsiderate , shameless......but for DH it's the only methods he thinks of at that moment and since he know about his weak-fate with FJ the woman he in love with ..he did what he'd did for the sake of love , created his own destiny by against the Fate and Destiny..

If I were FJ, my hubby lied to me for the sake of  indulge and pampering me..I will be "over the moon":D I'm sure FJ would feel the same.. even if she knows about the truth..most probably she will deligently go or play along because she's such a considerate, lovely soul and purest-hearted person... it's a part of her nature.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

DH didn't wipe her memory, he "altered" her memory .When most of us thought he is selfish, unconsiderate , shameless......but for DH it's the only methods he thinks of at that moment and since he know about his weak-fate with FJ the woman he in love with ..he did what he'd did for the sake of love , created his own destiny by against the Fate and Destiny..

Agreed. He did what he thought was the best solution. He didn't want to surrender to fate. Otherwise it would be just another TMOPB DH story all over again. 

On another note, why is DH so chubby here? :joy:

0084YHO3gy1ge0jhde8tgj30vj0vjn28.jpg

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

If I were FJ, my hubby lied to me for the sake of  indulge and pampering me..I will be "over the moon":D I'm sure FJ would feel the same.. even if she knows about the truth..most probably she will deligently go or play along because she's such a considerate, lovely soul and purest-hearted person... it's a part of her nature.

I think the wedding dress thing he didn't lie. I think it will really happen.

I mean there are times when even Feng Jiu knew he was fibbing and played along with it. Like in this case, since she is very well schooled in ancient history.

I would also be over the moon if someone wanted to marry me 200 times over and see me in different styles of clothing. I would be really flattered. :)

@Megan You also need to understand Tang Qi's writing has a lot of dark humour in it. Its kind of her brand of humour. I am not at all surprised she wrote the 200 day wedding :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

24 minutes ago, pawla said:

Agreed. He did what he thought was the best solution. He didn't want to surrender to fate. Otherwise it would be just another TMOPB DH story all over again. 

Apparently a few of them did put on weight on set including Reba. She ate a lot of supper along with everyone else...

• LOL 7

1 hour ago, Megan said:

i can’t get over how he told Si Ming that FJ was gullible. It seems like he’s mocking her.

granted, Si Ming also said FJ was gullible about the whole pregnancy peaches, but he is a good Friend to FJ.

Personally, I admire Zhong Lin. He is able to see beyond the surface of things. He is on DH's side. Why?

He personally saw his master suffer so much. The Qiu Shui poison was slowly weakening and killing him from the inside. 

He saw DH's undying love for FJ and pining everyday for her presence, knowing that his master's eventual choice would be to sacrifice himself to save the world.

And FJ is indeed gullible and that's just due to her being very young. She is still a teenager in human terms.

Si Ming is a good friend, and his story about the peaches was not told in a derogatory manner. It's his fond memory of her. Her naivety makes her very endearing to her friends.

I love both characters. I see their good and I also see their weaknesses. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

JH character is represented a Confused character when it come to "love". She love Minsu but she didn't know Minsu was actually a woman who actually in love with his brother .

JH also in love with DH just after 300 yrs ago

Then she lives in Fanyin Valley to recuperate and to cure her illness..in the process she claimed she in love with DH...so she just forget about her love to Minsu? 

At the end she also madly in love with Xiao Yan..

I think JH is the type that is lack of security in herself and has fear of rejection without knowing it herself.

It's like whoever that treat good to her, she would feel that she is in love with the person, fearing if she don't love the person, the person would eventually leave and abandon her aside. 

That is just my thoughts of why she is confused in terms of her "love". 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On a side note. The blog is scheduled to be updated tomorrow with another round of Questions and Answers.  Watch the update notice tomorrow! Tomorrow's Q & A's Topic is What is Bai Gun Gun's True Form? Who is the fairest in the 4 Seas and 8 Realms?

• Like 3
  • Love 6

4 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

The actress didn't actually call herself a love hero. It was her fans and the JH character fans who labeled JH as such. I am still scratching my head that there exist fans of the character and how they tried to justify all her actions, sufferings and ultimately her happy ending because she represents a true hero in love. That's how label love hero came about.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, pawla said:

Haha, he looked really chubby at all his scenes in Binghai Canglin too. The power of love? Reel or real? :blush:

• LOL 6

2 hours ago, Megan said:

ZL is extremely loyal to DH, no matter what the situation. And DH have 100% trust on him. To ZL, DH's wellbeing come first and that's the reason he was so troubled by FJ. Because in his mind, DH went through hell and back because of her. But he also understands how important FJ is to DH and that is why he never interfered with anything when it comes to FJ. 

ZL is courteous and respectful to FJ because of her relationship to DH. But I wouldn't say that they are good friends unlike SM. ZL will take good care of FJ and he even went with her to the Demon Realm looking for DH. 

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

The actress didn't actually call herself a love hero. It was her fans and the JH character fans who labeled JH as such. I am still scratching my head that there exist fans of the character and how they tried to justify all her actions, sufferings and ultimately her happy ending because she represents a true hero in love. That's how label love hero came about.

She's innocent? Oh my bad ,now I feel bad... that's was her fans doing..:dissapointed:

What's kind of fan love the evil selfish manipulative character like JH...? Her Suffering? And they didn't think about FJ's sufferings because of JH's selfishness..

Kind of curious with the said fan did think.. how would they justifed Dongfeng's sufferings due to JH actions.

If I were JH actress ..I certainly go along just say JH is selfish manipulative ..than if a lot of fan "hate" my character I surely happy because apparently I done a very good job at acting..

• Like 4
  • Unamused 1

12 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

She's innocent? Oh my bad ,now I feel bad... that's was her fans doing..:dissapointed:

What's kind of fan love the evil selfish manipulative character like JH...? Her Suffering? And they didn't think about FJ's sufferings because of JH's selfishness..

Kind of curious with the said fan did think.. how would they justifed Dongfeng's sufferings due to JH actions.

If I were JH actress ..I certainly go along just say JH is selfish manipulative ..than if a lot of fan "hate" my character I surely happy because apparently I done a very good job at acting..

Don't have to feel bad because she did egged them on with her posts. Had she kept quiet and not try to justify JH's character and actions, her fans wouldn't have been so bold in portraying their so called love and admiration for JH.

FJ is the third wheel from JH's point of view. Period. She even have the audacity to think to herself..'What would Binghai Canglin be like if she was the one there instead of FJ'. Arghhhhh....

• Like 1
  • Unamused 5

Regarding JH’s love life...all her love interests were at some point in time her only constant companion in a crowd of people.

Min Su was her trusted bodyguard who accompanied her everywhere. She followed JH everywhere, even going against Xu Yang and the demon clans.

then Dong Hua visited her at Fanyin Valley. Yeah...why didn’t she just make more friends there if she was lonely? (Of course Xiao Yan came by and volunteered, but he was not her type)

finally, Xiao Yan stood beside her even after her blackmail to DH. Technically Xu Yang was supportive of his Sister too but he’s not a love interest and was later, sadly killed.

does she have any male friends beyond those mentioned above?

2 hours ago, pawla said:

Researchers say that you gain weight when you are in love, especially if you have met "the one", you no longer feel the need to maintain weight to attract a mate. In my case, I am about to marry a foodie, so he made me gain weight by feeding me too well :joy:

• LOL 8

On 3/17/2020 at 5:38 AM, anzu_brief said:

I am afraid not. My whole country is in lock down so I am also stuck at home too. I am searching the Internet for FJ/DH fan-fictions like crazy. I really like this one. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13520886/1/

It's an AU, basically what would have happened if DH and FJ met earlier, before she even had a crush on him. I recommended it! The author nailed DH  personality and it's really nice to see a different take on FJ.

If anyone has other recommendation, please, leave the link. It's a pity there are as many stories out there as they should.

Thank you so much for the link! I usually find the stories on Wattpad or AO3.

• Like 4

On 3/17/2020 at 6:31 AM, ChibiLy said:

Previously he appeared to live for the sole purpose of saving the world. FJ helped DH to see the world in a different way, that he too can enjoy little moments in what seems to be a long and repetitive life span.

Dijun certainly never saw the world through the lens of a Husband and Father.

• Like 3