[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

11 hours ago, Megan said:

No problem.

i actually saw her before playing a Mulan Routan Princess and was pleasantly to surprised to learn she was the same actress.

Yes that was JH when she was younger and her cosmetic surgery still fresh and pretty. Now the surgery is deforming her face (eyes especially).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vivi0303 said:

Researchers say that you gain weight when you are in love, especially if you have met "the one", you no longer feel the need to maintain weight to attract a mate. In my case, I am about to marry a foodie, so he made me gain weight by feeding me too well :joy:

Hahahahah still, don't let yourself go balloon so soon :lol: congrats on your wedding :love:

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Megan said:

does she have any male friends beyond those mentioned above?

JH wasn't allowed to go out much by Xu Yang. However, she also didn't mingle when she was at Fanyin Valley. She only came out of seclusion every 10years when DH comes to purify the Huiming realm leakages.

She wanted some sort of company too, basing on what she told DH, but she chose not to make friends with the Biyinao folks. As court musician there were plenty of chances. 

I can't say she's a recluse, as she could have lived as normally as possible even if she was cultivating to reduce the cold poison. You can say then that JH had chosen to be distant and not to do anything with the loneliness even if there's no Xu Yang to stop her in FV.

On the other hand, as JH can get possessive and clingy, maybe it's also good none of the Biyinao folks had to suffer her "not so normal" way of showing her affections.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, vivi0303 said:

Researchers say that you gain weight when you are in love, especially if you have met "the one", you no longer feel the need to maintain weight to attract a mate. In my case, I am about to marry a foodie, so he made me gain weight by feeding me too well :joy:

:love:

Not too much, you have to think of the dress next March! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Maybe I’m still angry at Dong Hua. But does anybody find it concerning that even after Zhe Yan told him how tired Feng Jiu was of his lies, after she knew she had her memory wiped, Dong Hua still lied to her about the 200 wedding dresses?

he didn’t have to lie.

There are good lies and bad lies. Mostly case to case basis why a person would lie. DH altered her memories because he thought it's the best means to be with her as he defies their supposed lack of fate and destiny.

The 200 dresses are homage to FJ. DH planned and designed those while they were apart.

The 200 dresses is the kind of lie any bride would appreciate. Each of those dresses were a testament on how much he had been missing her. FJ will be happy to wear those tokens of DH's love.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, pawla said:

Agreed. He did what he thought was the best solution. He didn't want to surrender to fate. Otherwise it would be just another TMOPB DH story all over again. 

On another note, why is DH so chubby here? :joy:

Uhm, he eats well thanks to FJ's cooking. DH was also stealing sweets! :tounge_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

I can't say she's a recluse, as she could have lived as normally as possible even if she was cultivating to reduce the cold poison. You can say then that JH had chosen to be distant and not to do anything with the loneliness even if there's no Xu Yang to stop her in FV.

But why did JH choose to be distant when she kept complaining to DH about how lonely she was when he left her?

hmm...maybe to get DH to stay longer I guess.

too bad that backfired when he suggested curing her poison immediately so she can leave the valley and move on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Megan said:

But why did JH choose to be distant when she kept complaining to DH about how lonely she was when he left her?

hmm...maybe to get DH to stay longer I guess.

too bad that backfired when he suggested curing her poison immediately so she can leave the valley and move on.

Who knows what really goes on in another person's mind?

JH might be the sort who prefers people to approach her. She's the stranger in the valley though, and as the visitor, it goes to say that the effort to mingle should be with her? But she did not in all the 200 years she's there. Compared to XY and FJ, they adjusted to Fanyin's weirdnesses.

The Biyinao folks welcomed her, she's even the court musician. She can make friends had she wanted to.

So perhaps JH is also not the kind who can adapt to changes? DH is familiar to her, so she clung on him and preferred to wait the once per 10 years that he stays in Fanyin Valley. Rather than her becoming like a local of Biyinao, she chose to be alone until he comes over.

If JH is resistant to changes, it goes to say that moving on is also difficult for her. Be it people or places or circumstances, she will latch on to the one she's familiar with.

And no, it doesn't excuse her from the ultimate shenanigans she did later on.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

:love:

Not too much, you have to think of the dress next March! :lol:

:joy: you mean the multiple dresses. Don't worry, been working out during this quarantine. I have never been more fit in my life. I just hope I don't go too crazy eating out after the quarantine. First on the list, sweet and sour fish :joy:

• LOL 5

42 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

:joy: you mean the multiple dresses. Don't worry, been working out during this quarantine. I have never been more fit in my life. I just hope I don't go too crazy eating out after the quarantine. First on the list, sweet and sour fish :joy:

One of the dresses is purple, right? :love:

I wonder if there will be plenty of places to eat out after quarantine. Coz I rather think the long months of no business might be hard to some owners.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

One of the dresses is purple, right? :love:

I wonder if there will be plenty of places to eat out after quarantine. Coz I rather think the long months of no business might be hard to some owners.

There might be. My color palette has purple in honor of mumsy and grandmumsy. But besides the traditional red gown and the western white, I have no idea. Mumsy went to town and during this lockdown, she is getting more made.:joy:

I hope the restaurants are still open! I have never been great at meal planning. 

• Love 3

On 1/3/2019 at 2:50 PM, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I dont think like that at all, for me deep down she could feel that the emperor is not Dong hua thats why she keep rejecting him. But she fall in love with Xi ze because he is Dong hua. Even Dong hua himself said it right ?

Hide contents

Liansong sighed deeply and said, “Had you known this, you shouldn't have pretended to be Xize to deceive her in the dream.” He then quipped, “Didn't you feel jealous watching her and your version of Xize get close?” 
Donghua frowned and said in seeming puzzlement, “Why should I feel jealous? I was just borrowing Xize's identity; I'm still me. Didn't she fall in love with me again because she'll never be able to love anyone else but me?” 

I'm was confused abt the mortal arc while reading the book.. how does emperor is not donghua? Even though one are not suppose to remember their mortal trail it was still Donghua's conscious right?

• Love 1

53 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

I'm was confused abt the mortal arc while reading the book.. how does emperor is not donghua? Even though one are not suppose to remember their mortal trail it was still Donghua's conscious right?

Emperor Song Xuan Ren (SXR) is a mortal projection of DH to help gain back his lost cultivation before his deep sleep. He was not reborn to the mortal realm, rather his avatar took physical form as the emperor. 

The mortal arc is better explained in the series. Though the subbed text describes SXR as DH's incarnation, it's not really him as he was in Taichen palace all that time.

Supposedly what they undergo in the mortal arc is forgotten upon waking up, but this is DH. He remembered parts of it.

• Insightful 3

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Emperor Song Xuan Ren (SXR) is a mortal projection of DH to help gain back his lost cultivation before his deep sleep. He was not reborn to the mortal realm, rather his avatar took physical form as the emperor. 

The mortal arc is better explained in the series. Though the subbed text describes SXR as DH's incarnation, it's not really him as he was in Taichen palace all that time.

Supposedly what they undergo in the mortal arc is forgotten upon waking up, but this is DH. He remembered parts of it.

Is it like a projection of DH conscience? So in a way it's still DH ? Or does his conscience enter the body of mortal emperor like Fengjiu enters the body of Consort Chen (In the novel Pillow book)

And how is this mortal trail different from the mortal trail of ye hua (for killing the 4beast) and his 2nd uncle's son ( getting framed for molesting su jin) in the novel ? Are they projections as well if yes then why does BQ gets jealous ? 

Sry for asking so many questions ^_^

33 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

Is it like a projection of DH conscience? So in a way it's still DH ? Or does his conscience enter the body of mortal emperor like Fengjiu enters the body of Consort Chen (In the novel Pillow book)

And how is this mortal trail different from the mortal trail of ye hua (for killing the 4beast) and his 2nd uncle's son ( getting framed for molesting su jin) in the novel ? Are they projections as well if yes then why does BQ gets jealous ? 

Sry for asking so many questions ^_^

SXR is a mortal projection of DH. Think of a hologram of his that was born in the mortal realm. It looks like him, but it's not really him.

This isn't a mortal trial either, but a means for DH to regain the shortest time possible his lost cultivation. Another way was half of his shadow has been sent to Fanyin Valley. This became Sheng Ye.

Ye Hua was punished for killing the 4 beasts by going through trials in the mortal realm. Same with his cousin who was wrongly accused of molesting Si Jin. These two however were reborn as mortals, and their bodies at the mortal realm. Whereas DH was not, he was in deep sleep in his palace.

BQ is jealous because supposedly Ye Hua should not remember his past immortal life, including her. Su Jin however planted the idea to BQ that YH took the carved maid who resembles Su Su and BQ because he remembers his late mortal wife. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

SXR is a mortal projection of DH. Think of a hologram of his that was born in the mortal realm. It looks like him, but it's not really him.

This isn't a mortal trial either, but a means for DH to regain the shortest time possible his lost cultivation. Another way was half of his shadow has been sent to Fanyin Valley. This became Sheng Ye.

Ye Hua was punished for killing the 4 beasts by going through trials in the mortal realm. Same with his cousin who was wrongly accused of molesting Si Jin. These two however were reborn as mortals, and their bodies at the mortal realm. Whereas DH was not, he was in deep sleep in his palace.

BQ is jealous because supposedly Ye Hua should not remember his past immortal life, including her. Su Jin however planted the idea to BQ that YH took the carved maid who resembles Su Su and BQ because he remembers his late mortal wife. 

Thank you for explaining :-)

It was a nice touch from ELoD to have DH remember the immense heart break and pain from SXR's experience. Him waking up with tears and and an aching heart..it pains me and Vengo did absolutely wonderful in that scene. He didn't want to get into details at first but the memories haunted him so, he had no choice but to seek the answer from SM. I also felt bad for the original maid, can't remember her name now. What a sad existence she had all because some immortals needed to undergo trials, she had to die a lonely death. 

• Like 7