[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

31 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

I never understood why Drama inserted JH character into mortal arc, it just doesn't make any sense. Be it in the novel or the drama, JH was already poisoned so right after she learns her bodyguard was a woman she becomes disappointed and sad (not heartbroken like in the drama where JH still loves the bodyguard even if she is a woman) so she couldn't go back to Demon realm and travels to F valley inorder to suppress her poison. But the script writer's had to go extra length by erasing her memory, Making a plothole for JH poisoning and inserting Nie chuyin to the arc to shove JH in the mix, which was so illogical and kind of ruined the reasoning behind mortal arc (i.e No immortal was suppose to know abt the place and the details (like name) of mortal DJ in mortal trail except for FJ/ the ones SM informed.

They somehow managed to get JH into the mortal arc thanks to Miao Luo and Nie Chu Yin as they were looking for lingbi stone. Let's not get into details how these 2 knew about it since this is a drama where anything can happen. :joy: Also, Nie Chu Yin probably knew that after Xiao Yan stole it and locked DH into the stone, it crashed into Earth thus he spent a lot of time looking for it.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@Aari sky Hmm, you'll have to back read a lot of pages! :sweatingbullets:

Reveal hidden contents

Many don't want JH in the mortal arc, and a lot of her scenes were not only pointless but too long in other arcs as well.

It could be concession to the actress, as she's the former owner of the rights to adapt the story as series. She had wanted to play FJ. Thankfully, the role was still reprised by Reba, and even DH by Vengo.

Giving credit where it's due, she is part of why ELOD has seen the light of the day. She's also very effective as JH. Though if you backread from mid March until even recently, she had courted some controversies about her posts on JH.

@Aari sky I think JH is the third most discussed character here so in a way, she did manage to create a lot of buzz for herself. :tounge_wink:

I was reading a very interesting discussion on another platform but I didn't want to create another forum account just to reply, haha, so might as well discuss this with you ladies here.

The subject of their discussion is Ye Qing Ti. I didn't know that he could brush someone off the wrong way because I think over here we are all big fan of his. But I do like constructive criticism and feedback and I think the OP did well in presenting her dissatisfaction.

Spoiler

OP post :

Okay! The fact he became immortal through the help of Feng Jiu because she wants to repay him when he sacrificed himself in the mortal realm for saving her.... That's fine and understandable. And that's already good enough but I didn't like the fact that he replaced Donghua in gaining that title "Di Jun (the successor to Taichen Palace) where he got that high status as a god because, he didn't achieve that with his own skills.. it's like he was given this position on a silver platter and that's very urgh 

His immortal status and immortal powers that got transferred to him is one thing but him being the successor of Taichen Palace is another, which feels like it's been given to him on a silver platter and that is really  to me. Donghua made him the successor because he was going to sacrifice himself and bring down Miao Luo with him since he knows he didn't have much time left. So that was his decision, but I wish it wasn't. This apparently is one thing I don't like about the ending because I dislike the fact how everything is just given to Ye Qingti like that. I mean why does it feel like everyone is kissing up to him? When he is just average at best (in my eyes?), And personally I find that frustrating to be honest since he did not work or gain this status(power) with his own skills but it was just given to him when he was made the successor to Taichen Palace...

I know it would probably be happier if Donghua live a secluded life with Fengjiu and withdraw from worldly affairs, but this outcome where he's no longer Di Jun makes me sad. But in my eyes, he's forever the only Di Jun to me, NOT Ye Qingti.

Firstly, he was asked to replace Dong Hua as the PIC of Tai Chen Palace. His duty is to oversee all the newly ascended immortals and to to confer ranks to them according to their abilities etc. He is not replacing DH as The Master of the Universe. It is a title that can't be pass onto the next person. I think the OP could have mistaken this part and thus felt as if YQT got it easy. 

Secondly, DH chose YQT because FJ transferred half her cultivation to him. So, DH didn't choose YQT out of nothing. YQT still needs to train and go through trials to gain more cultivation. It's wrong to assume that once he has gotten the title of a successor to Tai Chen palace, he will immediately ascend to high god and get that bypass card. 

With this two points alone, I think it's enough to tell OP that they have misunderstood YQT and baby was put into a corner. ;)

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@Aari sky Hmm, you'll have to back read a lot of pages! :sweatingbullets:

Hide contents

Many don't want JH in the mortal arc, and a lot of her scenes were not only pointless but too long in other arcs as well.

It could be concession to the actress, as she's the former owner of the rights to adapt the story as series. She had wanted to play FJ. Thankfully, the role was still reprised by Reba, and even DH by Vengo.

Giving credit where it's due, she is part of why ELOD has seen the light of the day. She's also very effective as JH. Though if you backread from mid March until even recently, she had courted some controversies about her posts on JH.

I knew abt this back story :-)

I kind of disagree with the point that without the actress AL, ELOD wouldn't have happened.. infact if she hadn't bought the copyright, the story of DH & FJ wouldn't have been made up from the start in "TMOPB" because of which many drama only watchers are now confused with the ELOD series since they keep comparing it with storyline of TMOPB which was not cannon.  

I personally believe that she created more mess for the three lives universe rather than helping it because she bought the copyright for Second installment before the first and held on to that copyright for years. Where's as TMOPB production bought the copyright for the first installment and did a splendid job in making history in the TV industry, if angel liu hadn't bought the copyright I'm sure the same production would have adapted all the Tang Qi's novel after the success of TMOPB.. Even though Angel Liu was the first to buy copyright there was no progress in the live-adaptation part, but the production of TMOPB didn't waste time, had a proper plan and executed them on time and were the sole reason for making THREE LIVES UNIVERSE popular among readers/drama fans..

Some other actress would have done better justice for the role of JH because she does turn into manipulative and obsessed B in the second half of the story but because of AL the character JH was whitewashed to an extent to show her like a sympathetic charater..

Sry for the rant , I had to get it out of my system!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, Yori Ten said:

@Aari sky I think JH is the third most discussed character here so in a way, she did manage to create a lot of buzz for herself. :tounge_wink:

I was reading a very interesting discussion on another platform but I didn't want to create another forum account just to reply, haha, so might as well discuss this you ladies here.

The subject of their discussion is Ye Qing Ti. I didn't know that he could brush someone off the wrong way because I think over here we are all big fan of his. But I do like constructive criticism and feedback and I think the OP did well in presenting her dissatisfaction.

Hide contents

OP post :

Okay! The fact he became immortal through the help of Feng Jiu because she wants to repay him when he sacrificed himself in the mortal realm for saving her.... That's fine and understandable. And that's already good enough but I didn't like the fact that he replaced Donghua in gaining that title "Di Jun (the successor to Taichen Palace) where he got that high status as a god because, he didn't achieve that with his own skills.. it's like he was given this position on a silver platter and that's very urgh 

His immortal status and immortal powers that got transferred to him is one thing but him being the successor of Taichen Palace is another, which feels like it's been given to him on a silver platter and that is really  to me. Donghua made him the successor because he was going to sacrifice himself and bring down Miao Luo with him since he knows he didn't have much time left. So that was his decision, but I wish it wasn't. This apparently is one thing I don't like about the ending because I dislike the fact how everything is just given to Ye Qingti like that. I mean why does it feel like everyone is kissing up to him? When he is just average at best (in my eyes?), And personally I find that frustrating to be honest since he did not work or gain this status(power) with his own skills but it was just given to him when he was made the successor to Taichen Palace...

I know it would probably be happier if Donghua live a secluded life with Fengjiu and withdraw from worldly affairs, but this outcome where he's no longer Di Jun makes me sad. But in my eyes, he's forever the only Di Jun to me, NOT Ye Qingti.

I'm aghast. Our baby Qingti also got dragged in the mud? :blink: 

Whoever posted that...take a hike! Ye Qingti was DH's heir apparent because he got FJ's half of her fairy essences! It's a nod to FJ! Not kissing up to him!

YQ was loyal to SXR for most of his life except that time he helped FJ run away. He also saved FJ's life when he shielded her from the jealous half brother of SXR's demon knife. What's the name of that prince again?? LOL!!!

Can we throw the book to that poster...and tie him/her to a chair to make him/her watch the whole mortal arc, then Ep53-finale??? :crazy:

When they lost like this, I really want to know now what they're drinking or smoking! :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

11 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I'm aghast. Our baby Qingti also got dragged in the mud? :blink: 

Whoever posted that...take a hike! Ye Qingti was DH's heir apparent because he got FJ's half of her fairy essences! It's a nod to FJ! Not kissing up to him!

YQ was loyal to SXR for most of his life except that time he helped FJ run away. He also saved FJ's life when he shielded her from the jealous half brother of SXR's demon knife. What's the name of that prince again?? LOL!!!

Can we throw the book to that poster...and tie him/her to a chair to make him/her watch the whole mortal arc, then Ep53-finale??? :crazy:

When they lost like this, I really want to know now what they're drinking or smoking! :lol:

The thing is, one loud disgruntled person have actually lead others to also agree that YQT is a weak character. There were more replies discounting YQT's merit and just basically hated on him. I dunno why no one saw what we saw or felt what we felt. Those agreeing with OP seems to have exactly the same misunderstanding and it's such a shame that they can't see things straight. That's the thing sometimes but anyways, YQT can be happy over here because we all love you very much. Hehe..

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

5 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I was reading a very interesting discussion on another platform but I didn't want to create another forum account just to reply, haha, so might as well discuss this you ladies here.

Reveal hidden contents

OP post :

But I actually like this part. DHDJ and FengJiu is not fate to be together, they should not even meet each other. It at level that will of the heaven intervene (Are you JX?) to separate them. We also know that DHDJ is fate to be with no one. But who is fate to be with FengJiu none other than Ye Qing Ti. So will of the heaven dress Ye Qing Ti up as DHDJ, have little Bai Gun Gun take DHDJ role in future. And finally destined DHDJ to death. But FengJiu choose to fight and die with DHDJ. The sword that cut a rope that Ye Qing Ti bind her is actually cut the fate that force her to be with Ye Qing Ti and shatter will of the heaven that force the death of DHDJ so they can be together forever, or that stone of fate going to be smashed.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

I personally believe that she created more mess for the three lives universe rather than helping it because she bought the copyright for Second installment before the first and held on to that copyright for years. Where's as TMOPB production bought the copyright for the first installment and did a splendid job in making history in the TV industry, if angel liu hadn't bought the copyright I'm sure the same production would have adapted all the Tang Qi's novel after the success of TMOPB.. Even though Angel Liu was the first to buy copyright there was no progress in the live-adaptation part, but the production of TMOPB didn't waste time, had a proper plan and executed them on time and were the sole reason for making THREE LIVES UNIVERSE popular among readers/drama fans..

AL wanted (obsessed with?) the FJ role. She didn't expect that TMOPB did so well and that even with the made up story of DH and FJ, these two really, really did so well with their roles that there's no DH but Vengo and no FJ but Reba.

Apparently AL had refused to negotiate, until the bomb dropped, or she finally realised that she can not be FJ. 

IMO, the whitewashing of JH only made her more irritating. There's no much anything sympathetic with her in the series, not even if I've not read the book ahead.

Well, my mini-mes watched along some episodes with me, and both said JH looks creepy and her smiles scary. Definitely not FJ material then... :phew:

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, bitmaster - said:

But I actually like this part. DHDJ and FengJiu is not fate to be together, they should not even meet each other. It at level that will of the heaven intervene (Are you JX?) to separate them. We also know that DHDJ is fate to be with no one. But who is fate to be with FengJiu none other than Ye Qing Ti. So will of the heaven dress Ye Qing Ti up as DHDJ, have little Bai Gun Gun take DHDJ role in future. And finally destined DHDJ to death. But FengJiu choose to fight and die with DHDJ. The sword that cut a rope that Ye Qing Ti bind her is actually cut the fate that force her to be with Ye Qing Ti and shatter will of the heaven that force the death of DHDJ so they can be together forever, or that stone of fate going to be smashed.

Hey, thanks for the insight. I see that your view is very fresh and I haven't even thought it this way before. However...drum rolls..

FJ will never ever choose YQT even if DH did perish. Her love for DH spanned across three lifetimes, three worlds. It would be unthinkable that she would accept anyone else but DH.

Also, DH warned YQT to stay away from FJ and cut off all ties with her. If DH isn't around anymore, he would still have his bros and a lot of eyes watching him. He wouldn't have the slightest chance to get it on with FJ, even if he dared try.

The heavens created a trial for them as a real test to DH and FJ relationship. Fate might be cruel but FJ proved it time and again that destiny is in her hands. DH never feared it. So you have a combination of two very powerful forces at work here. Powerful enough to break the heaven's mandate. YQT was a plot device and was never meant to receive FJ's love, not in the mortal realm and certainly not in the immortal realm.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

15 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Hey, thanks for the insight. I see that your view is very fresh and I haven't even thought it this way before. However...drum rolls..

FJ will never ever choose YQT even if DH did perish. Her love for DH spanned across three lifetimes, three worlds. It would be unthinkable that she would accept anyone else but DH.

Also, DH warned YQT to stay away from FJ and cut off all ties with her. If DH isn't around anymore, he would still have his bros and a lot of eyes watching him. He wouldn't have the slightest chance to get it on with FJ, even if he dared try.

The heavens created a trial for them as a real test to DH and FJ relationship. Fate might be cruel but FJ proved it time and again that destiny is in her hands. DH never feared it. So you have a combination of two very powerful forces at work here. Powerful enough to break the heaven's mandate. YQT was a plot device and was never meant to receive FJ's love, not in the mortal realm and certainly not in the immortal realm.

Wow you really slay to your sentence  :glasses: I really like it "Combination of TWO VERY POWERFUL FORCES" 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

AL wanted (obsessed with?) the FJ role. She didn't expect that TMOPB did so well and that even with the made up story of DH and FJ, these two really, really did so well with their roles that there's no DH but Vengo and no FJ but Reba.

Apparently AL had refused to negotiate, until the bomb dropped, or she finally realised that she can not be FJ. 

IMO, the whitewashing of JH only made her more irritating. There's no much anything sympathetic with her in the series, not even if I've not read the book ahead.

Well, my mini-mes watched along some episodes with me, and both said JH looks creepy and her smiles scary. Definitely not FJ material then... :phew:

Well said :)

AL literally has no right to cry or whine because she had all the time in the world , around 2-3 yrs is not a joke , but she didn't do anything..

Who the heck will wait for such a long period of time for her to release her drama first just because she was the first one buy  the  copyright (that too of second installment)? Even Few month of delaying a project makes a lot of difference in TV industry but she had years. TMOPB production just did their job, they followed the chronology of series and introduced fans to the three lives universe in the right way..

I heard from some source that TMOPB production did approach AL for the copyright for DH and FJ but got refused. 

I think AL assumed that since she has the copyright she can wait as long as she wanted and might have believed that she is made to play FJ. I personally feel, Her Personality or her acting style litreally doesn't suit the character description of FJ... There are lot of C-dramas where actresses butcher the "cute type" role into the most cringey, annoying, irritating character by their over the top expressions..  if AL had played FJ , that character too would have fallen in the above category. 

Only few actress can pull off that "cute and innocent trope" in it's best form, Dilraba's FJ is one of them B-)

• Like 4

Dear Forumers, 

The update to the blog  is LIVE! Here is the link to the latest Q & A that will address several questions that some of you have asked!...

Q & A Part 1 | What is Bai Gun Gun’s true form? Who is the fairest in the 8 Realms?

http://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/q-a-part-1-what-is-bai-gun-gun-s-true-form-who-is-the-fairest-in-the-8-realms

Go forth and DISCOVER!

• Like 1
  • Love 6

7 minutes ago, Megan said:

Reading the latest blog post, I have to ask. Who is Zhuti? And why will the beauty ranking cease after some goddesses wake up? Plz and thank you :)

Zhu Ti is one of the goddesses from the Era of Great Desolation (same generation as Dijun). She will appear in lotus step.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Megan said:

Reading the latest blog post, I have to ask. Who is Zhuti? And why will the beauty ranking cease after some goddesses wake up? Plz and thank you :)

Because they are all incredibly Beautiful! Zhu Ti is an Ancient goddess in the same generation as Dong Hua. 

• Confused 1
  • Awesome 3