[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

13 minutes ago, classyviews said:

But according to the book world, Zhe Yan and Dong Hua are supposedly very close and even consider themselves almost brothers. 

So yeah narratively it doesnt sit well with me. 

Zhe Yan adores FJ like an uncle to the only niece. He wants to give her the choice to help move on.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Can I blame the messenger Xiao Yan? Can I blame her family? Can I blame JH? JH???Certainly.. literally...I wanted to smack down her , slaps her left and right..hahaha

Ahahaha. How JH was regarded by some as an "abandoned love hero" still beats me. :lol:

I pretty don't want to read about her anymore in the next books, especially when it's XY's turn to have his story told. Well, as much as possible, make JH marry somebody else or get her eaten in LS or BF books. :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 6

I'm a bit confused  about this. What is the difference between fairy energy and cultivation? When Donghua discharged his fairy energy to enter the dream of Aranya. He didn't got it back when they got out, right? He took Jiheng's poison and use half of his cultivation to subdue the miaoyi chasm. That why he was so weak.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

I'm a bit confused  about this. What is the difference between fairy energy and cultivation? When Donghua discharged his fairy energy to enter the dream of Aranya. He didn't got it back when they got out, right? He took Jiheng's poison and use half of his cultivation to subdue the miaoyi chasm. That why he was so weak.

I may be wrong, but this is how I understand it:

Cultivation - level of development or refinement of skills.

Fairy strength - total energy or power possessed. 

Strength is gained when cultivation increases, but not vise versa.

No, he didn't get the energy back in the series. He is weakened, and then had to treat the poison which was reducing his edge.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2020 at 4:33 PM, MayanEcho said:

The reason I couldn't feel in the series that SMY is interested with FJ is because of the name he uttered when FJ was waking him up. Aside from that, his sorrowed reaction on when FJ revealed she's back to her original body. He isn't over Aranya, and at that point in the dream, there's no more Aranya. He however still wanted to know the real cause of her demise, thus guiding FJ in what must be done and assisting DH in making the mirror.

SMY also acknowledged his confusion in the dream verse. Even DH knew that the dream is dangerous and they had to hasten the events to end it, so that they can leave.

FJ is naturally charming, but any attraction SMY might have is quashed at the very beginning. DH aside, FJ was still hurting for him even when she couldn't remember him.

@Yori Ten  High 5 to you as well! :P

thats actually what I am trying to say :D  The conversation I talk about is crushing any possiblity of a romantic feeling. Then, he at that moment acknowledges that he is bewitched by the dream. So all thoughts regarding this platonic feeling was ended there.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

@MayanEcho Thanks for your explanation. So when he removed his fairy energy, did it affect his cultivation's level too?

The assumption there is he is still having the skills, but not at the same strength or stamina or supply. Like when he had those falling flowers over the city ep45, but FJ was reprimanding him of what it will do to his magic. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mımoz said:

thats actually what I am trying to say :D  The conversation I talk about is crushing any possiblity of a romantic feeling. Then, he at that moment acknowledges that he is bewitched by the dream. So all thoughts regarding this platonic feeling was ended there.

To whom do you mean the platonic feeling that ended? FJ or Aranya?

IMO he won't fall for FJ because he's not over Aranya who was already more than 200 hundred years dead. He still calls out Aranya's name.

• Like 1

@LovelyLady Hmm, I think we can use the sword as analogy for cultivation and fairy energy. :) 

Cultivation - sharpness of the blade

Gain cultivation - grinding the blade

Fairy energy - the sword's usability as a whole

Treating the poison is making the blade's sharp edge (cultivation) dull (lessened cultivation). If the blade is not sharp, the sword's (fairy energy) capacity as a weapon is diminished. Grinding it (gain cultivation) to make it sharp again increases the sword's value when wielded.

A dull sword can still be used, but not as effectively compared to a sharp sword. :) Same as when parts are removed, the blade might be sharp, but the sword's potential is greatly reduced.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess the main culprit for all these are JH in both the book and drama.

If JH was not there in between DH and FJ, my guess is FJ would not feel so insecure about DH love for her. I guess she would wait for an explanation first before leaving to the mortal rather than leaving to the mortal straight.

I guess FJ would still go to the mortal after all. Just a matter of time. Read that FJ went to the mortal was to learn from the master that had taught with Moyuan, DH, Zhe Yan, Bai Zhi before. So given that opportinities, I guess she would still be going down anyway.

That my guess. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, HeyheyheyJ said:

I guess FJ would still go to the mortal after all. Just a matter of time. Read that FJ went to the mortal was to learn from the master that had taught with Moyuan, DH, Zhe Yan, Bai Zhi before. So given that opportinities, I guess she would still be going I guess.

She'll certainly go, it's an opportunity that can't be missed to gain cultivation. But not in that state she was when she left for mortal realm.

12 hours ago, Megan said:

Regarding the wedding reception bonus chapter, why didn’t Bai Zhi just tell his granddaughter the truth? That there was no such 200 dress tradition?

The author partly wrote that for the humour. It is however plausible that FJ will do it anyway to make DJ happy. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

8 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Can I blame the messenger Xiao Yan? Can I blame her family? Can I blame JH? JH???Certainly.. literally...I wanted to smack down her , slaps her left and right..hahaha

At the end of the day... it's was Destiny's play 

During her 200yrs in Mortal Realm she thought DH and JH happily married.. poor her.

In the book When FJ asked did JH illness already cured?..BQ only answered  "Naturally". I'm confused , I'm also like FJ pondering what does it mean?

I blame JH 110%

BQ and her family definitely did not help the situation. 

51 minutes ago, HeyheyheyJ said:

I guess FJ would still go to the mortal after all. Just a matter of time. Read that FJ went to the mortal was to learn from the master that had taught with Moyuan, DH, Zhe Yan, Bai Zhi before. So given that opportinities, I guess she would still be going down anyway. That my guess. 

Good point. The difference is DH would have tagged along.

• LOL 5

9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The family doesn't know where exactly in mortal realm FJ is, even if she communicates with BQ. As for their wrath, isn't the mild Zhe Yan the most resentful for FJ? He provided her abortifacient to terminate her pregnancy. 

The Bais will not investigate, because that will rake up matters that will humiliate FJ further. It is not right not to let DH to explain, nor to find out what truly happened. However, for a humiliated family, what can you actually ask them to do? Besides, FJ already left.

It lacks logic, it isn't right, but it's the Bais supporting FJ's decision to cut ties. 

In Ep53, when FJ and ZL spoke to Xu Yang, when FJ asked if DH was with JH, he responded that DH has taken back JH back to the demon clan. 

Most of the pain FJ went through when it comes to DH were caused by JH from the time she was a baby fox in Tai Chen palace up to until the eve of the wedding.

For someone who's already heard so much from her immediate family against her husband, what Xu Yang said will not sit well. 

I will also cut slack with FJ, because by immortal standards, she's only 32000 years old, still a little girl. She shouldn't have left and should've trusted DH more, but for most part of her memories, despite happy ones with DH, there are more disappointments and heartaches. As sensible as she is, like how DH describes her, can anyone really be levelheaded all the time?

She was a stood up bride, her family had gotten info albeit incomplete details of DH's whereabouts, then what Xu Yang tells her reinforces what was making her parents angry for her. On top of it, she finds out she's pregnant.

Re: decisions based from the past, it is often wise to have a reference point, couple that with present circumstances. No one can predict the future even with so much calculations. You can only make the best of it once you're there. You can however, be ready beforehand.

Zhe Yan gave her a choice, even in the book. He may have sent it to her in the book but she still made a choice to keep the baby. It is in Feng Jiu’s nature to make this choice.

Besides imo, to FJ it wasn’t being stood up that made her leave. This is just surface stuff, superficial. The truth was, it was the pain of being deceived. When you change somebody’s memory and it returns , that person will be very confused. To Feng Jiu she can no longer discern what are the things Dong Hua says are the truth and which are lies. The author has once explained this generally to her readers.

He lied to her throughout Aranya’s dream and even posed as Xi Ze. Ultimate mistake in book was changing her memory. To alter the truth rather than face it head on as per Lian Song’s advice. The ugly truth is that this is deception of the worst kind. 

Ji Heng has always been the thorn in her heart. Deep down inside she was never secure of DH’s love for her. She assumed that he loved JH because of the things she witnessed as a baby fox. 

It was a case of the following:

Husband went missing > family told her things (though it was their perception and not the truth) > she feels unwell > finds out her memories were altered (she got really really angry here) > ultimate news she is now pregnant > regains her memories of everything > felt completely devastated by the deception.

We all don’t like Ji Heng and she is to blame at the end by trying to force DH not to get married but some of it came to Dong Hua’s certain bad decisions In the book coming back to haunt him. We cannot be blind to that fact either. 

As for the fake wedding with JH, that wasn’t really JH’s fault if you really think about it. I don’t like her and am not defending her bad actions.

But that was DH repaying her father’s debt by using the fake wedding as a cover for her to elope with Min Su.

It was just a matter of “as fate would have it”.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

@LovelyLady Hmm, I think we can use the sword as analogy for cultivation and fairy energy. :) 

Cultivation - sharpness of the blade

Gain cultivation - grinding the blade

Fairy energy - the sword's usability as a whole

Treating the poison is making the blade's sharp edge (cultivation) dull (lessened cultivation). If the blade is not sharp, the sword's (fairy energy) capacity as a weapon is diminished. Grinding it (gain cultivation) to make it sharp again increases the sword's value when wielded.

A dull sword can still be used, but not as effectively compared to a sharp sword. :) Same as when parts are removed, the blade might be sharp, but the sword's potential is greatly reduced.

Love your analogy..

Reminded of BQ's analogy about "Unicorn plant" for DH to think it over but of course DH understand. And took 180 yrs for him to turned upside down the world.

@LovelyLady and DH just need is get his "deep sleep"/meditate to gain his Fairy Energy back..the longer he sleep the more his fairy Energy will replenish/ regained . But in 200 yrs when his beloved Xiao Bai "missing" he didn't do "his sleep" because he's too busy looking for her. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

LOL with the tagging along, but that's so DH when it comes to his Xiao Bai.:lol:

Imagine DH would say "since I have nothing much to do also in the palace, let me accompany you to the mortal. With me along, you don't have to be afraid. After all, the master is one that I know and being taught by before". 

And also by then, Bai Gun Gun is also born. So DH can be a babysitter to GG while FJ focus on her studies. Imagine DH running after GG. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

He lied to her throughout Aranya’s dream and even posed as Xi Ze. Ultimate mistake in book was changing her memory. To alter the truth rather than face it head on as per Lian Song’s advice. The ugly truth is that this is deception of the worst kind. 

I guess if DH has explained and told FJ the truth since the start on all the happenings  FJ would be understanding.

Also if he had not lied and altered her memories from Aranya's dream, I guess DH and FJ would be living happily together during these 200 years.

Things would be much better and whose know DH may get better from the love and care from FJ. 

Especially with Bihai Cang Ying finally having a grand wedding from DHDJ after so many years and also soon after the born of Bai Gun Gun in Tai Chen Gong. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Love your analogy..

Reminded of BQ's analogy about "Unicorn plant" for DH to think it over but of course DH understand. And took 180 yrs for him to turned upside down the world.

@LovelyLady and DH just need is get his "deep sleep"/meditate to gain his Fairy Energy back..the longer he sleep the more his fairy Energy will replenish/ regained . But in 200 yrs when his beloved Xiao Bai "missing" he didn't do "his sleep" because he's too busy looking for her. 

Actually its not quite like that. He wanted to spend 200 years of happy moments with her before going to destroy the three poisons for good by sacrificing his both own fairy essence and his remaining cultivation and die with it. Hence why he anxiously looked for her. Time was running out on him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

Every immortal who cultivates will be

able to achieve a level equal or more than (For example, Ye Hua has more cultivation than his immortal age as he is the son of Father God) their immortal age depending on the type immortal and their species (Bai family descended from primordial nine tailed foxes capable of higher cultivation).

And as a separate thing, each immortal also has an immortal essence, should this get injured in any way, a deep immortal sleep will be the only way to recover. Initially DH planned to purify the three poisons leaving only 5% of his immortal essence and go into a deep sleep together with Feng Jiu.

But the Qiu Shui poison slows down his cultivation recovery by 5 times so what happened in the end was he couldn’t regain his cultivation fast enough and had to use ALL of his essence and remaining cultivation to purify it.

Other examples of this deep long sleep has happened throughout this world’s

history:

Mo Yuan - for 70,000 years

Shao Wan - for 190,000 years

Zhu Ti - (in lotus step)

Feng Jiu - several months

etc etc

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4