[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

On 3/16/2020 at 10:01 AM, MayanEcho said:

If he can get jealous of himself, what more with other males around? :tounge_wink: From emotionless to he can plot murder coz he got jealous.  Extreme when it comes to FJ. Imagine if he knew beforehand her pregnancy, he'll be on rampage to find her and bring her back.

I would have liked to see that

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

DH didn't lost his "another" bride, because both DH and JH didn't attending their "Fake Wedding" , JH leave to elope with her bodyguard and DH leave searching for his beloved baby Fox.

True, but Xiao Yan said that it must have been humiliating for DH for his first bride to have literally eloped with someone else.

Out of curiosity, do you think FJ has started building her bamboo house yet? Cos that would make travel time to school so much easier. Also...is GG attending the same school as Ali or his Mother? As in where is his school?

On 3/16/2020 at 11:10 AM, SC2019 said:

@Yori Ten did you mention in the forum that the Dong Hua's hero BGM is out? but under another name? Am trying to locate it...:blush:

"Most likely DH will instead give them tuition but again, he would be too lazy to even bother." -  I took a glance at Bodhi Steps (eventhough it is far from completion and those were TQ's initial scripts) and DH even from young has been consistently lazy. He was reportedly sleeping in class often; despite that, his scores in exams were equivalent to Moyuan's. So, brainy but lazy.....so fishing and drinking tea is really his ideal way of leading a long, immortal life, more so in his 'old age'.

Do you think DH will have higher exam scores if he decides to stop being lazy and study hard? I can’t think why he would that though? Maybe a bet?

• LOL 1

29 minutes ago, Megan said:

True, but Xiao Yan said that it must have been humiliating for DH for his first bride to have literally eloped with someone else.

True but that was also Xiao Yan perspective not by others perspective.

It's would be JH's humiliation that DH leaving Searching for his baby fox because apparently baby fox was more important than his supposedly bride, that's why XY miffed with DH

“A gentleman was saved by a young lady and a beloved pet. The gentleman chose the pet over the young lady.”

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Two things I just realized I am confused about.

1) DH’s will

ok, DH gave FJ the blue sea home (I think? It seemed implied) with the garden and birds. But he knows she wants nothing more to do with him. What makes him think she would accept his...um....house? Presents? She would only accept it if she knew the whole story, but he didn’t want her to know the whole story....so...?

2) divorce

in ten miles of peach blossom,

Su Jin was unwillingly divorced from

her mortal Husband. Why couldn’t FJ divorce from DH even as he was unwilling? Or is it something to do with patriarchy?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

True but that was also Xiao Yan perspective not by others perspective.

It's would be JH's humiliation that DH leaving Searching for his baby fox because apparently baby fox was more important than his supposedly bride, that's why XY miffed with DH

“A gentleman was saved by a young lady and a beloved pet. The gentleman chose the pet over the young lady.”

Hmmm...maybe that’s why people think JH eloped with her guard. Because DH left the wedding to look for his fox.

But this wasn’t the case in the drama though. Dong Hua only looked for the fox afterwards. So wouldn’t he be humiliated that his bride ran away? Also, the immortals didn’t think he was spending all his searching efforts on the fox. In the drama, they thought Dijun was frantically searching for his missing bride.

in other matters...if DH and JH were absent for the book wedding...was Zhi he the one left waiting at the altar?

• LOL 1

Thanks for the new update @soompi ELoD translation team.

I copied the following Q&A from the website:

Q6: I especially want to know if Lord Cang Yi is doing well presently?

A: He should be doing well mainly due to the fact that his presence wasn’t felt much in the story, Di Jun will not notice him, so he will live a good life.

I loved the answer. Lord Cang Yi, another guy that just escaped from DH's hit list.

I wonder if there is a unspoken rule, that all male fairy/immortals are not to interact with FJ in front of DH. 

@pawla the video is on point! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

2 hours ago, Megan said:

I would have liked to see that

It will look spectacular, but it will never be good to see innocents getting hurt because of one's treacherous attempt to manipulate. 

DH's search would have been even more intensified, and even the fox clan will look for FJ had they known she was pregnant. DH priority however would still be the battle to Miao Lou. He needed to win, because losing would also mean losing everything he holds dear.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Megan said:

Hmmm...maybe that’s why people think JH eloped with her guard. Because DH left the wedding to look for his fox.

But this wasn’t the case in the drama though. Dong Hua only looked for the fox afterwards. So wouldn’t he be humiliated that his bride ran away? Also, the immortals didn’t think he was spending all his searching efforts on the fox. In the drama, they thought Dijun was frantically searching for his missing bride.

in other matters...if DH and JH were absent for the book wedding...was Zhi he the one left waiting at the altar?

DH doesn't care about his reputation .

Regardless , he definitely don't feel humiliated. He wouldn't care. I pretty sure he never heard a word of "Humiliation" just like he never heard the word of "Honor".:lol:

He was known as shamelessness deity

and you still contemplating whether he humiliated or not? He won't care if other immortal gossiping or making any speculation about him.

Doesn't matter the immortal know the truth wether he searching for baby fox or his fake bride JH.

In drama ZhiHe thought she is helping JH to elope with her bodyguard. 

But ZhiHe didn't know about the fact.. that the reason why DH agreed to the non-exist "wedding" was only the pretext to helping JH and Minsu. 

Because the wedding was a fake wedding it is doesn't matter anyway. ZhiHe or no ZhiHe there will be no wedding. DH have no intention to get married at that time..

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I wonder if there is a unspoken rule, that all male fairy/immortals are not to interact with FJ in front of DH. 

If that male obviously shows his "I wish to be more than a friend" moves with FJ, he can be kissed goodbye for good. :lol: Maybe DH can be kind enough to do a YH, sending the pest somewhere even he doesn't know where. But DH's preferred method is offing.  

Only Meng Shao lived long enough to tell the tale to XY and LS. Still feel sad of his and his family's demise.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Do you think DH will have higher exam scores if he decides to stop being lazy and study hard? I can’t think why he would that though? Maybe a bet?

Studious Mo Yuan would have already aced the tests, and so would DH even when he's sleeping during class. No more higher scores since they got the highest possible scores.

Even in real life there are bums in school, but are so bright even the profs are in awe.

• LOL 4

14 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Because the wedding was a fake wedding it is doesn't matter anyway. ZhiHe or no ZhiHe there will be no wedding. DH have no intention to get married at that time..

I'd like to add that JH was in love with Minsu, and told DH in the series that she'll only marry Minsu. :sweatingbullets: 

• Unamused 2

2 hours ago, Megan said:

1) DH’s will

ok, DH gave FJ the blue sea home (I think? It seemed implied) with the garden and birds. But he knows she wants nothing more to do with him. What makes him think she would accept his...um....house? Presents? She would only accept it if she knew the whole story, but he didn’t want her to know the whole story....so...?

2) divorce

her mortal Husband. Why couldn’t FJ divorce from DH even as he was unwilling? Or is it something to do with patriarchy?

1. FJ loved Bihai Cangling. DH knew he's about to die, to whom then will be bequeath his ancestral home? Whether or not FJ accepts it and his ring, DH wants his wife to have something from him.

This is like giving a gift. The receiver can do what they want with the gift as they see it fit. 

2. Wasn't Su Jin divorced in the mortal realm because of some adultery shenanigans she did to her husband? 

FJ mentioned divorce to DH, but is she really willing to do it as well? Look at her demeanor. She's hurting while talking of divorce. If DH agreed, FJ would be the one spitting blood.

As far as I know divorce is usually by mutual agreement. The reasons why it can be done without the other's consent are if the spouse was proven to have committed adultery/concubinage, the partner is to be jailed for at least some particular number of years,  abandonment for a certain number of years, physical/mental/economic abuse or violence. 

The laws of the land also defines divorce terms. You can't equate the situation of Su Jin to that of FJ. The laws in mortal realm will be different in Jiuchongtian.

Divorce being granted has nothing to do to if the society is patriarchal or matriarchal. If there are grounds for divorce, it would be permitted as per existing laws, should one or both parties ask.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

14 hours ago, Megan said:

I think it comes down to what DH think and feel. I don't think he felt humiliated for a minute. To be humiliated, DH would have had to felt shamed. 

The important thing is DH don't care what others think, unless it is related to FJ. Secondly, he is someone who is solution focused. All he cared about was finding his little fox and his bride.  If he truly cared about what others thought of him, the shame of others knowing what had happened would have prevented him from asking others to help search for his little fox and bride. 

But DH did asked for help. This proved that he was focused on finding little fox and FJ, he didn't care about what others thought of him.

1) DH’s will

2) divorce

I am probably not the best person to answer this, but here are my interpretations:

1) I see DH's 'will' as a love letter to FJ. DH wanted FJ to know he loves her, always have and always will. That he spent the last 200 years trying to find her, and making the Blue sea their home, by personally building the house and planting the garden that FJ envisioned for 'their' Blue Sea home. 

DH knew FJ is stubborn and will refuse the Blue Sea, but he still wanted to try, because he thought it would be the last chance before he dies.

2)DH is also the ultimate ruler. Who would dare to divorce DH and FJ, without his agreement?!

Lol he would probably score 100% if he cared. You have a good point, probably if there was a bet involved and that would benefit him, then he may try abit harder.

Out of curiosity, do you think FJ has started building her bamboo house yet? Cos that would make travel time to school so much easier. Also...is GG attending the same school as Ali or his Mother? As in where is his school?

I think DH will gladly build that house! Just to ensure there are just enough rooms for BGG and them! No spare rooms for guest!

18 hours ago, Megan said:

I’m stuck on the whole wedding scandal and just feel the need to vent.

i like balancing odds. So this part is weird.

Feng Jiu’s family weren’t humiliated to the public but they still felt humiliated by DH’s absence. I still feel that shame on their behalf.

Dong Hua was humiliated too? I guess? When it became widely known that he had lost ANOTHER bride. But don’t think he cared.

so technically, DH was the one whose reputation was being scandalized in public....

so why do I still feel upset on behalf of the Bai clan? DH had good reason not to make it on time. And the Bais weren’t publicly humiliated. So why do I feel this way?

hmm...maybe it’s a case of a scorned woman? Or maybe because DH wanted the world to know he was looking for his Wife, so maybe FJ would know too? I don’t know.

I don't know if FJ's family felt humiliated. I felt they were more angry for FJ, that DH repeatedly hurt her. From their perspective, DH was never reliable when it comes to putting FJ first.

If only they knew half the things DH did for FJ, they probably would have been more understanding and forgiving.

I can understand why you may feel upset for the Bai clan. FJ isn't perfect, but what she excelled at was her empathy, ability to focus on the positives and moving forward. If her family were all able to do that, they would be a lot more forgiving, and perhaps FJ And BGG would have reunited with DH sooner.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

DH's search would have been even more intensified, and even the fox clan will look for FJ had they known she was pregnant. DH priority however would still be the battle to Miao Lou. He needed to win, because losing would also mean losing everything he holds dear.

Yeah, but if what if Miao Luo also decides to target the pregnant Feng Jiu because she is DH’s weakness? Would DH prioritise the battle or the search? Just curious. 

• Like 3

I think DH has evolved much beyond reputation and shamelessness. :lol:

He is really an enlightened being but unfortunately the same can't be said for his fate in love. The heavens sure have a way to play with him.

There is a very insightful look into his state of mind. He reads Buddhist scriptures but at the same time he also follows the way of the Tao. This was not mentioned much in PB but in ELoD this little detail was added.

In one of the scenes in Aranya's dream, he was seen holding a scripture. It was in his studies. Behind him, hung a cloth with verses of the Dao De Ching. The production team really had an eye for details here. Verses 38 and they are as follows: 

上德不德,是以有德。下德不失德,是以无德。上德无为而无以不为。下德为之而有以不为。上仁为之而无为,上义为之而有以为。上礼为之而莫之应,则攘臂而扔之。故失道而后德,失德而后仁,失仁而后义,失义而后礼。夫礼者,忠信之薄,而乱之首。前识者,道之华,而愚之始。是以大丈夫处其厚而不居其薄,处其实而不居其华。故去彼取此。

The highest virtue is not virtuous.

Therefore it has virtue.

The lowest virtue holds on to virtue.

Therefore it has no virtue.

The highest virtue does nothing.

Yet, nothing needs to be done.

The lowest virtue does everything.

Yet, much remains to be done.

The highest benevolence acts without purpose.

The highest righteousness acts with purpose.

The highest ritual acts, but since no one cares,

It raises its arms and uses force.

Therefore, when the Way is lost there is virtue.

When virtue is lost there is benevolence.

When benevolence is lost there is righteousness.

When righteousness is lost there are rituals.

Rituals are the end of fidelity and honesty,

And the beginning of confusion.

Knowing the future is the flower of the Way,

And the beginning of folly.

Therefore,

The truly great ones rely on substance,

And not on surface,

Hold on to the fruit,

And not to the flower.

They reject the latter and receive the former

DH was seen reading these verses in the scripture : 

唯之与阿,相去几何?善之与恶,相去若何?人之所畏,不可不畏。荒兮,其未央哉!

Cease learning, no more worries
Respectful response and scornful response
How much is the difference?
Goodness and evil
How much do they differ?
What the people fear, I cannot be unafraid

So desolate! How limitless it is!

What a wonderful touch by the production team! 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 2