[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

On 3/18/2020 at 7:45 AM, anzu_brief said:

I was quite sorry when they didn't show the scene, just before they leave AD, when JH asks DH to take her with him saying that she wants to repaid her debt or something like that and DH refuses and tells her something like "I dont like the people who ask to much of me."

I wanted to see her dejected face when that happened.

Same. Instead they decide to mix it with the blackmail scene!

• Like 4

@pawla He was just called 皇帝, Emperor. Not even a proper name was given to him, unlike our Song 大宝 ( fans nicknamed him Song Precious). Hehe..

皇帝 had a whole harem and children and I still feel a sour taste in my mouth when  FJ consummated with him. Ugh..girl, even though you are in Consort Chen's physical body, consummation is not only about physical exchanges. Emotionally, you are still Bai Feng Jiu. That's why when I saw fans commenting that it wasn't FJ who did it with the emperor coz it wasnt even her body, I felt a bit bitter. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@pawla He was just called 皇帝, Emperor. Not even a proper name was given to him, unlike our Song 大宝 ( fans nicknamed him Song Precious). Hehe..

Even though they are supposed to be the mortal DHDJ in both instances, SXR look more cuter and funnier as emperor compared to the emperor in TMOPB.

Maybe because he is portrayed to be younger, the feel and actions he gave us makes us as watchers feel more light-hearted when watching the drama. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, HeyheyheyJ said:

Even though they are supposed to be the mortal DHDJ in both instances, SXR look more cuter and funnier as emperor compared to the emperor in TMOPB.

Maybe because he is portrayed to be younger, the feel and actions he gave us makes us as watchers feel more light-hearted when watching the drama. 

Hehe, yes, a fresh young emperor who still have wet dreams about his consort! Such a sweet little thing! 

• Naughty 2
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

True, he could have shown to ZMX instead of FJ. ZMX will not know the real significance of the Lingbi stone as much as FJ does, so she'll more likely be gullible for JH to use in getting info. Her maid could have successfully stolen the stone.

I too agree that SXR will care for ZMX, not with JH, even if FJ isn't there. LOL, it's like any other women but never ever JH. :phew:

Since Nie Chuyin was also the puppeteer of JH, he might have also found out earlier that SXR is an incarnation of DH. Basing from later reprimanding of LS to Cheng Yu, and of what ML said to NC of this discovery, DH could have been endangered through SXR. 

So really, FJ did save DH!

SXR was a sweetheart. I liked how he was overall so cheerful and expressive. He knew when to compromise and when to stick to what he wanted. 

SXR was only ever triggered when FJ was involved. He truly lost control when JH questioned his trust regarding FJ and when FJ came back to face him after she supposedly eloped. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

So really, FJ did save DH!

SXR was a sweetheart. I liked how he was overall so cheerful and expressive. He knew when to compromise and when to stick to what he wanted. 

SXR was only ever triggered when FJ was involved. He truly lost control when JH questioned his trust regarding FJ and when FJ came back to face him after she supposedly eloped. 

I loved it when he fought back against his brother. Jealous elder brother accused SXR of bringing misfortunes when he was born, and the city is being pillaged by invaders yet still thinks of the stone. SXR retorted that he's not the one who colluded with enemies and caused the disastrous lose of properties and lives to their people. :(

SXR can leave behind past enmities for his people. He forgave FJ and YQ.

And he was so compassionate to his stepmother dowager empress afterwards.

• Like 7

Did anyone discuss the disappearance of FJ's white hair pin before?

If I remembered right, FJ wore the white hair pin to mourn for Ye Qingti. In the book, DH had changed the white flowers to pink (?) flowers. I thought the drama skipped this detail. But here is a video clip on weibo:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4494778622646872

It highlights when the hairpin fell out, DH waved his arm to make it disappear. He probably hated the idea of FJ mourning for another male. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Insightful 1

Just now, MayanEcho said:

I loved it when he fought back against his brother. Jealous elder brother accused SXR of bringing misfortunes when he was born, and the city is being pillaged by invaders yet still thinks of the stone. SXR retorted that he's not the one who colluded with enemies and caused the disastrous lose of properties and lives to their people. :(

SXR can leave behind past enmities for his people. He forgave FJ and YQ.

And he was so compassionate to his stepmother dowager empress afterwards.

SXR was very compassionate and respectful. The stepmother dowager was the first one I have watched in drama, who whole heartedly wanted what's best for the step son and did not make any excuses for her son's schemes.

I really admire her for that. I felt so sorry for her too. She was another character who tried so hard to do her best. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

If I remembered right, FJ wore the white hair pin to mourn for Ye Qingti. In the book, DH had changed the white flowers to pink (?) flowers. I thought the drama skipped this detail. But here is a video clip on weibo:

It highlights when the hairpin fell out, DH waved his arm to make it disappear. He probably hated the idea of FJ mourning for another male. 

The problem is, this still doesn't explain how FJ could so easily forget about it, not look for it, or even find a replicate for it, not to mention the bracelet. She spent so much time mourning for YQT, it seemed heartless of the writers to just let it be forgotten in that manner.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

31 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

In the book, She stop mourn for Qingti when she resurrect him to immortal and if she not resurrect him she will need to be his couple in next live as his dying wish. For drama, It look like her mourn is to remind herself that someone die for her selfishness to gain a mortal love. It disappear also mean she can not endure her feeling for Dijun anymore.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

@ChibiLy I like how ELOD had so many tiny details that if we don't watch carefully we would miss it. I didn't know her white pin was missing. Even if I did I wouldn't know where, when, or how it disappeared. Turned out it was DH :lol:. He remembered SM told LS that FJ wore that pin to mourn a mortal. You still had a good memory, grandpa :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

45 minutes ago, pawla said:

@ChibiLy I like how ELOD had so many tiny details that if we don't watch carefully we would miss it. I didn't know her white pin was missing. Even if I did I wouldn't know where, when, or how it disappeared. Turned out it was DH :lol:. He remembered SM told LS that FJ wore that pin to mourn a mortal. You still had a good memory, grandpa :lol:

Grandpa with elephant memory! :sweatingbullets: 

In the book, he also read books given by ZL about FJ. Hehehe, she was that  "interesting", huh? I wish I could see the face of ZL when DH asked him if there are anything to read of about this red devil young queen of Qing Qiu. :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

3 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Hehe, yes, a fresh young emperor who still have wet dreams about his consort! Such a sweet little thing! 

Lol...

XR said " I'm eager to drink a ginger tea instead of sleeping with concubines":joy:

Maybe it was mistranslated by WeTv's..but it very funny..

• LOL 8

29 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Lol...

XR said " I'm eager to drink a ginger tea instead of sleeping with concubines":joy:

Maybe it was mistranslated by WeTv's..but it very funny..

Really? I don't remember that. What is he? A 10 year old? :joy:

• LOL 6

5 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

We are all waiting for it. Not much that we can do besides hoping. Have you signed the petition yet?

We got some sort of confirmation that WeTV Thailand and Vietnam are preapring the uncut version but haven't heard anything since.

I think I have. The petition to tencent isn’t it ? The one at change.org.

well fingers crossed it will happen. I just love the discussions within this forum, so many interesting insights :) 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

True, he could have shown to ZMX instead of FJ. ZMX will not know the real significance of the Lingbi stone as much as FJ does, so she'll more likely be gullible for JH to use in getting info. Her maid could have successfully stolen the stone.

I too agree that SXR will care for ZMX, not with JH, even if FJ isn't there. LOL, it's like any other women but never ever JH. :phew:

Since Nie Chuyin was also the puppeteer of JH, he might have also found out earlier that SXR is an incarnation of DH. Basing from later reprimanding of LS to Cheng Yu, and of what ML said to NC of this discovery, DH could have been endangered through SXR. 

I never understood why Drama inserted JH character into mortal arc, it just doesn't make any sense. Be it in the novel or the drama, JH was already poisoned so right after she learns her bodyguard was a woman she becomes disappointed and sad (not heartbroken like in the drama where JH still loves the bodyguard even if she is a woman) so she couldn't go back to Demon realm and travels to F valley inorder to suppress her poison. But the script writer's had to go extra length by erasing her memory, Making a plothole for JH poisoning and inserting Nie chuyin to the arc to shove JH in the mix, which was so illogical and kind of ruined the reasoning behind mortal arc (i.e No immortal was suppose to know abt the place and the details (like name) of mortal DJ in mortal trail except for FJ/ the ones SM informed.

• Unamused 4

@Aari sky Hmm, you'll have to back read a lot of pages! :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

Many don't want JH in the mortal arc, and a lot of her scenes were not only pointless but too long in other arcs as well.

It could be concession to the actress, as she's the former owner of the rights to adapt the story as series. She had wanted to play FJ. Thankfully, the role was still reprised by Reba, and even DH by Vengo.

Giving credit where it's due, she is part of why ELOD has seen the light of the day. She's also very effective as JH. Though if you backread from mid March until even recently, she had courted some controversies about her posts on JH.

• Like 3